I'm making some mead with my friends! Any of yall Sup Forumsoys ever made some???

I'm making some mead with my friends! Any of yall Sup Forumsoys ever made some???

Other urls found in this thread:

homemadehardcider.com
homebrewtalk.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

that sounds like fun, how do you do it? have you done it before? if so how did it turn out?

Here's another picture!
(Snapchat ropes)

Made two batches a couple of years ago

Basically, mix honey, water, sugar, and yeast in a sealed airlocked (the little thing on top) container, and let it sit for a month.

I've made wine before. It was essentially fancy pruno

you add sugar as well? we used all honey for the yeast

your experiment has intrigued me and i think i'm gonna try my hand at making a sparkling cider. i found this resource in two seconds with Google and i hope it works because i'm tired of spending a lot on booze.

homemadehardcider.com

i've been considering making mead, but edwort's apfelwein is cheap strong and easy, and perfectly dosed for a 12oz bottle...

its on my to do list

Yeah, i added a little sugar so that the yeast has something a little more complex to feed on. I also added a lemon, for other nutrients, like nitrogen etc etc

sure when i was underage.

Its fucking gross

I hope that fermenter is glass. Plastic does let oxygen in over time. Glass is also easier to clean. At least from my experience with beer.

cool, how much lemon did you add?
we used some kind of yeast salt with nutrients as well

nvm, a lemon...

Pro tip on making mead:
Buy a bottle of fruitfull, dry white wine
Add 2-3 spoons of honey (not sweet)
Let it rest for 2-3 days in the fridge

Yeah i make it all the time, Dont add citrus till after your primary fermentation. It inhibits the yeast.

did you boil the lemons with the honey. Did you at least wash them with a light bleach mixture before putting them in.

If you didn't you have a strong chance for contamination.

I wanted glass, but none of the brew stores near me had a glass carboy of that size!!! I hope it will turn out alright, but wont know for a month.

If that's the pic and you've put lemons in it you're in for some bad tasting mead.

would recommend you let it rest for more, like ten weeks, to let the yeast work harder

get some nutrients at the brew store or form amazon, its cheep just a few bucks for a small container. a teaspoon is plenty. Also works well with wines, especially tart fruits like blueberry.

Well fuck.... I'm following directions from some youtube video

this is me, you can get gallon carboys from buying that cheep ass rossi wine at any grocery store. its actually about the same price as getting an empty one shipped to you as it is to buy one filled with dirt wine.

thats not enough lemon to kill fermentation but it will add a little time to it. The most important thing is to properly sanitize everything you use. Make sure when you bottle it to kill the fermentation with Camden tablets

Not mead. Been wanting too. But my family brews wine every year which is nice. Brewed some beer with my brother too. Soo fucking good.

homebrewtalk.com/

this is the best site i have found for recipes.

Pretty soon you'll be making all sorts of strange brews just to try them out.