Official US Open @ Oakmont Saturday Thread

Get comfy, there's golf on all day lads.

Will Bestwood finally get one?

I'd be happy if Westwood or DJ wins. They both have choked away some and deserve a major.

The rough looks crazy thick

Fox has been so much better this year compared to last

Can they start r3 before r2 is finished?

No because the cut line won't be official until the completion of round 2.

well yeah, it was their first major. gotta give it time, and whoever hired norman should have been fired on the spot

Well yeah but at some point you could send out some of the top ranked players as they are guaranteed to make the cut.

Pullin' for my man Lee Westwood.

Been hoping he doesn't turn into Colin Montgomerie 2.0 since the late 90's.

The leaders are last to tee off tho. So the first guys out for r3 will be the guys who just barely made the cut.

They gotta wait on this second round to finish, but as soon as the last guys in r2 are finished with holes Oakmont and USGA workers are out rolling the greens and changing pin placements. So round 3 will be able to start as soon as this round finishes.

Rory on fire atm

This

Got no TV, I'm tethered to my 4g tablet on my laptop for internet since I don't have an ISP at my new place yet. Streaming absolutely kills through data so I can't really watch much streaming either. If I end up goin' to a bar or something to watch, I'll just end up burning through money unnecessarily. God damn I am leading a pathetic and cheap life in my new town haha.

Gonna try and catch a good bit of it tomorrow. Haven't been keeping up much, but how much are they expected to get through today? Also, what is the weather forecast for today?

If Zach Johnson wins he'll become only the third player to win at Augusta, St. Andrews and at Oakmont. Sam Snead and Jack Nicklaus are the others.

Maybe try library wifi, find a cozy seat and chill for a few hours

Not sure about Brad Faxon's haircut lads.

He's had that exact same haircut since like 1990.

Is Zach Johnson the most underrated golfer on tour?

>westwood

>the USGA President is a MILF

wew

>tfw having to change channels

Will the coke man hold the lead or is another collapse imminent?

Collapse. His mind is dulled due to sexual overindulgence with Paulina.

What are some high quality few irons that are a few years old? I don't need the latest and greatest but I have no idea wat was considered good a few years ago

>Rory

Yea I might do that actually. There is a Barnes & Noble right next door with wifi and a cafe and I imagine some nice and cozy places to chill. I wanna catch some of it at least. Is the course as difficult as all of the pre-tourney talk said? Scores look to be about right for an Open. Also, I know I've watched toureys at Oakmont before, but is this a fun course to watch?

Just looked her up, not bad. Her body is a bit lumpy, but I wouldn't mind her disciplining me for an illegal drop.

Collapse. Always collapse. Also >>Can't go wrong with Mizuno irons. Mine are probably 15 years old or so and are fantastic. I always lusted after the forged Callaway Rzr Xs too. I always thought those hit so well and were gorgeous. I'd just go hit up a PGA superstore or something and grab a mat for 20 mins and try out some of their test clubs and see what feels best.

I just wasn't sure what was considered "great" ,so I could know if I'm being ripped off or getting a decent deal

Gotcha. Pricewise I'm not so sure anymore since I've never bought a set of clubs (dad's hand me downs). Obviously there is a huge variety is iron sets. Also it depends on the kind of golfer you are. I would go check out a few golf stores that sell used clubs/sets and just try some things out and price some sets out. Then go back and do a bit of research online and compare. There are a million places that sell used clubs so you should be able to pick a few sets that you like and find competitive pricing. Great is pretty subjective though. Titleist, Mizuno, and Callaway are the more $$ and higher end sets when you buy them new if I remember correctly. But there are tons of types whether you want forged blades or more forgiving irons with cavity-backs.

>hole microphones
For what purpose?

Best place to try out clubs? I heard some places use machines that make it look like you hit further than you do

>yfw Ireland gets btfo twice today

If you have any sort of golf store in your area, there. If not you can try local course's stores if they have em. If not, you can try someplace like Dicks sporting goods.

However I like trying out clubs in person, and then ordering online since it's often times easier to find ebtter deals there.

Are their usually "tester" versions of the clubs? I know they wouldn't be handing you pristine clubs to try but I'm a lefty and I don't want to fuck up some brand new clubs that aren't for testing

Any legitimate golf club retailer will let you hit any club you're interested in purchasing. Dicks usually has an area with a net to hit into. Pro shops in clubhouses will let you try em out on range. And specialized golf stores a lotta times have the best setup for fine tuning what's perfect for your swing.

Why is the Open threads so dead? The Masters threads were fast as fuck

>the city of rorcucks
>the city of 12 year old Ricky Fanboys
>the caliphate of Sweden

What the fuck happened.

No he will miss countless 3 footers on Sunday.

The US Open is a meme major

>muh challenge
>muh ridiculous rough
>muh even par champ

>le cocaine man
>le choke away the US open on final hole man last year

will dustin johnson finally push through?

I think he will.

Based Fox with the slags

Of course not. Hes gonna score a 10 on a hole tomorrow

correct

>tfw Jeff

Speith is sour as fuck

Literally zero chance.

>yfw jim furyk wins the uso pen

>tfw municipal cuck

You should feel bad.

I know some people didn't get to golf on thursday because of the weather, so does that mean the tournament will end on monday or do they play catchup rounds (like 2 rounds of golf in 1 day to get caught up)

They finished the second round just a little bit ago, and the third round starts in the next few minutes.

Can't go wrong with a budget set of Wilsons.

>tfw no qt jessica korda gf

I-I'm just trying to watch the tournament okay. Delet this.

Sky just did a Webb Simpson Family insight. It nearly killed me.

>jessica korda

shes not bad for a professional athlete.

Its not great golf but hes avoiding doubles and getting pars here and there

>the DJ chokes it meme will end tomorrow

Pretty sad tbqh

>avoiding doubles

i counted 9

>his wife's face when she thought she had married Ray Liotta but he lost all his hair

meant Joaquin Phoenix

>his wife's face when

JUST

/So/ieth coming back, gonna bring it home lads

Sup Forums dammit

We're all gonna make it, Jeff

>that gummy smile
I'll pass, thank you

What are you lads drinkings today?

Pic related

Good pick lad.

Ill probably have some of this later

>3 birdies in a row for Spieth

Happening?

>yfw Dustin chokes and Spieth wins

My liver hurts so water

DAY
IS
BACK

I miss golfing so much. It's literally over a hundred degrees every day here.

>Not playing in 100 degree weather

Shiggy

Jason Day -4 through 5 as well

>yfw a Spieth/Day alliance stops the cocaine man

>tfw /fit/izen and cutting
>can have beer in a week
fuck, lad. water and tea.

The only good thing about it is you can get greens fees and a cart for 10 bucks usually

Rorcucks on suicide watch senpai

H-hey guys...

;_;

DJ is cursed to lose in every major after what he did to Jimmy Walker.

>Antonio
Wall

Le Coke man is actually doing well!

that chip was pretty unreal

>Spieth

Do any of you have a clicgear pushcart

>implying he wasn't gonna collapse

Over par might win this one lads.

Cuz USGA usually goes with madman pins in the final round.

I hate Westwood so much.

Biggest cuck in golf

Thursday/Friday Dustin Johnson = Daytime Andy Dalton
Weekend Dustin Johnson = Nighttime Andy Dalton

kek

IF I can't find much information about my golf set, even if its a popularish brand (Wilson), does that mean its probably worthless for reselling

Yes pretty much.

Best resellers are the big brands like Callaway, Ping, Taylor Made, Nike, Oddessey, Cleveland, etc..

d-does it matter that i"m lefty

There's a ton of ppl still in this. I kinda like where Jason Day is desu. I don't trust many of these dudes under par to not have a few bad holes.

You can always get some money outta your clubs, but I wouldn't expect a lot. Could find a pro shop that buys/sells/trades and see what they'd give you for em. Or put em on Ebay. Fedex sells golf club boxes.