To all the car guys out here, what are the pros and cons of an 1999 mitsubishi eclipse?

To all the car guys out here, what are the pros and cons of an 1999 mitsubishi eclipse?

Cons:
>1999
>mitsubishi
>eclipse

>pros: it's a car with 4 wheels and stuff
>cons: it's ugly as shit and you're a shit doofus

Cons: its a 1999 mitsubishi eclipse
It doesn't have an LS1
powered by the wrong wheels.

Cons: They are somewhat prone to head gasket failure.
The car itself is a bit on the heavy side.
Cheaply made and put together.

Pros: Easy to modify to make insane amounts of horsepower, thru bigger turbos obviously.
There's a ton of aftermarket for them. Fairly easy to fix and cheap to buy.

>anything not powered with an LS1
>anything not 5/6 Speed manual
>anything not outputting power to rear or all fours

got it

Pros: might have car
Cons: Hundreds of better choices

You'd probably blow the welds on your intake manifold

It's a poorly designed car. Much too heavy and large to be powered by the front wheels while maintaining a sports-car feel, and the aftermarket support is overwhelmingly flooded with poorly designed bodykits.

DANGER TO MANIFOLD!!!!!

Well, it depends, Are you going for a fast car? or just a car to get around that can be atleast the slightest fun to driver?

Also, specify which trim level.
GS - Base slow front wheel drive
GS-T Turbo front wheel drive
GS-X Turbo All wheel drive.

which model are you looking at and for what purposes?

Better yet, what is your goal, general climate, and budget? We will find you better options.

the gst

The turbo is only slightly heavier than an S2000, like 70lbs or so. Hard to call a ~2800lb car heavy. The real problem is Mitsubishi makes shitty vehicles that fall apart.

i live in canada so there is snow and my budget is around 6k

It can be fun, but if you plan on moddifying it get ready for it to break a lot. Plus there are a looot of low quality after market parts that unless you know what you are looking for, you can screw it up. The turbo models stock arent even that fast honestly

What do you think are the better choices?

Pros: it can be made fast for a few thousand bucks.
Cons: they're poorly built chick cars, everyone will think that you're a ricer faggot, you're going to grenade the motor and transmission of you ever try to squeeze more than 300hp out of it.

>4G63T
>not fast

Get back to fast and furious, ricer. Tunerz are trying to talk here

Maybe a nice Prelude. Honda reliability without the civic stigma. A subaru imprezawould be a good AWD option

its fucking front wheel drive

Con: you have to come out of the closet.

Pro: all the cocks you could ever dreamed of sucking

my car

>LS1
>RWD
>4 spd auto

still dat LS1 V8 nigga

>tfw meme engine

Pros: Best car from NFS Underground
Cons: I don't know shit about cars.

I like how you call me a ricer, and then said "tunerz"

but no, stock the 4g63T on Eclipse/Talons only have ~200 hp. thats not that fast. Especialy the AWD model having to turn all that drive train. Can they be made fast? yes. I never said they couldnt. But if he is on this forum asking this, he doesn't know the right way to build a 4g63t.

Just calm yourself.

I live in canada and i cant afford 2 cars

I'm happy with my 2j

If you are actually wondering, then Sup Forums is not the placw to ask, m8 ;)

exclipse gsx is awd nignog

Pros. If it hasn't exploded yet, it's probably safe...probably.

Cons. It's a mitsubishi.

Seconded. You are gonna get a lot of trolls here. In all honesty if you are just looking for a good in the snow, reliable, semi-quick car that doesnt have a stigma attatched to it, I would say a Prelude is a good place to look.

you sound like you're looking for your first car. Don't get a 99 as a car. It's hard as fuck to work on when damn near every bolt is seized, stripped, or rusted to shit. get something from the last decade and up. There are plenty of great options available if you want to make a slow car fast like you would an eclipse.

thanks haha

Better get a camry

5.0 coyote master race here

Haha, I love this image every time I see it!

With $6k you'd easily be able to afford one similar to this.

They literally have no cons. Look for one with a decent lift and tires and the inline 6 w/ a 5 speed manual. Will fucking run forever and since they are light, they're not slow. Moreover, it'll handle winters with ease and look cool enough in the summer.

Fuck. Forgot pic.