Future Air Force fag here any advice before MEPS and after

Future Air Force fag here any advice before MEPS and after

When do you leave for MEPS?
Where are yo going for MEPS?!

the gas chamber sucks. have fun man, welcome to the chair force

Army fag here. I leave for basic on the 6th

MEPS leaving June 6th

I'm getting out in 100 days, good luck fucker! Nah, but really it's been fun, I think most people enjoy their service.

I'm going into something medical have a 4yr background in it. How's the service in the air force

Meps sucks. like horribly. good luck fucker.

prior Army gun bunny. 25th ID

Why would you say that, and any tips

do 6 years and get out
or 4
>whatever

its a shit show unless you are a exercise fag
go to school while you are in its free
>take full advantage
ive been in 5 years
if you get a good job its still a fuck all
friendship is what you cherish
and drinking will consume you
dont get caught up in the pussy
get your CCAF

What AFSC?

HE DOESNT EVEN HAVE A JOB YET HES ABOUT TO GO TO MEPS

Everything he says.
Source: I'm the SAF.

MEPS in Lansing Michigan. I have friends already in the Air Force. I also am an exercise fag. Why so much drinking and (lack of) pussy

you get to meps early as fuck. everyones confused because they don't know whats going on. you sign in or some shit (its been a while so i don't remember everything) and you just start doing tests. ASVAB, color blindness test, make sure your paperwork is correct and then a full physical. if one thing in your paperwork is out of order they stop the process and you just sit there until your group finishes. then you have to call your recruiter and tell them what happened. for tips i would recommend the simple shit: have all your paperwork in order, don't bring pocket knives, don't be a retard and just follow directions. i actually swore in twice because i was a dumbass and went to the wrong room. i also went thru meps 3 times because my paperwork wasn't correct

What is a CCAF

join the infantry you faggot.

not OP but i had my job reserved before i went to meps

>CCAF
A real shit show. Try to get into test pilot school in Colorado or California if you want a real good time doing your job. Also AFRL was a good time for a desk-job rdt&e.

I'm really interested in joining the air force, but still can't decide if it would be the right choice for me.

>22
>worked as a computer tech for last 5 years
>Associates degree with entry level certs

1) cant decide whether to go back for bachelors before joining, or take advantage of free education while in

2) bought a house 1.5 years ago so would need to sell or rent while enlisted, renting it might be a cluster fuck

3) had knee surgery when I was 16 so I hope that doesn't disquallify me??

> any advice appreciated

i did lol not OP though i leave in 12 days

You get free education benefit even as a civilian airman as long as it's related to your eventual position. As long as you can do all of the pt stuff the knee shouldn't be an issue.

you can always go back to school when you get out with the GI bill and post 9/11.

That's it boy! Canadian infantry here. The infantry course is one of the hardest in the army (excluding sof 'n shit)

Tough times, but so rewarding once you look back at it. Also good memories

I was looking at being a sensor operator how's that life. Real OP here

i went US army going airborne after AIT

2A6x6 - got out 4 years ago.

BMT Protips:
-Lay low, the longer they(the TI's) go without knowing your name the better.
-Remember to have fun, it's a once in a life time experience. Yeah its going to suck a lot at times but try to keep a positive attitude and it'll be over before you know it.
-Stay away from shitty people. You're starting a new life. You don't want to start it off on the wrong foot by getting involved with dinguses.
-If you think it's a bad idea dont do it. A lot of people get recycled(held back) and kicked out during BMT. Being held back a few weeks is the last thing you want.

Tech School Tips:
-DONT BUY A CAR
-Start saving your money
-DON'T GET MARRIED
-Stay focused, a lot of ppl go wild during tech school and get into a lot of trouble.
-Dont be a dingus

Job tips
-Dont be a stellar airman. Just do your job and that's it. Once you start being a super hero they start expecting a lot from you and give nothing in return.
-Keep saving money
-Do your 4 years and get out.
-Use your GI bill.

OP here. I'll be starting off as an E3. Anything I should know before signing the contract. Tips you wish someone told you.

Whatever you do, do not join Security Forces

Thanks alot. I'll follow these tips to the bone.

idk about air force but starting army basic as an e3 meant you had more responsibilities. dude it will be easy, just don't be a jack wagon

great tips. Thanks!

what do you do if you want to get around but have no car where your stationed, is it possible to take your current one with you to where you go?

Do not put Security Forces or Services as your potential AFSC or you will get them instead of anything else 100% of the time

Just what I was wondering. I'm expecting to get commissioned in as an officer and I just got a brand new fucking car and I don't want to sell it qq

yes. sort of. if your married and you get stationed overseas (hawaii) then you can ship it to your duty station and back on government expense. but if your stationed state side then you gotta drive it to your duty station

Nothing to fear from MEPS unless you're blind, deaf, overweight or didn't clean you asshole for the Dr to play with..

Yep, this is a thing now (so long as he wraps up tech)

road trips are fun :^)

What are the best jobs in your opinion. Scored an 86 on asvab. How's being a contractor?

Just got out of basic a little over a month ago. People will tell you to not volunteer for anything, they're pussies who want to make it easier on themselves and skate by. Volunteer for everything you can and be good at what you're doing. Make a name for yourself and stand out, it'll make it tougher for you but if you're not a bitch then you'll be better for it. BMT is a joke nowadays, it's way too easy. Make the most of it because this is a once in a lifetime experience. And don't put general anything for your AFSC, you'll get boned every time. If your asvab score was decent you can get a solid job (unless you want security forces). Good luck, faggot. Try not to be one of the ones that kills themself.

I failed my first MEPS because I couldn't complete the duck walk. If you fail at something, take it seriously and dedicate your time to what you failed. Also, everyone in every other branch is going to say "chair force" and laugh at you, the military as a whole has an extremely tame and cheesy sense of humor, it's almost child appropriate, at least for what I can vouch for in the AF. You'll learn to find humor in it when you see how incredibly depressing and mentally conformed everything is.

Also, by week three in your BT, everything gets a lot easier.

prior service fag here, currently in the middle of SOWT training as a contract e-4.

>Have Fun
>Don't be a superman
>don't hang out with shit bags

Same here, Scored a 86 on my ASVAB

Actually... Id do the exact opposite.
Have fun at bmt, the mtis are fun as fuck, i actually think being cocky and fun is a requirement fir mtis.. the more they know you the better. Dont be stressed because they yell, theyll yell even if everything is 100% perfect just to have a laugh with other mtis later.

Also, stick with douchebags all the way, just don't do drugs or anything illegal, dress better than them, and follow instructions by the book. Your career will be more rewarding since you'll get better assignments than your peers, as opposed to seeing them get the position you want. Be a leader and mentor them. They'll get out in 4 years, you'll make it to e9 if that's what you want.

SIR TRAINEE

How's the job and what do you do. My uncle got a job at the Pentagon making 100k

Reports as ordered

You can use public transportation or you can rent a car, even if you're not 25(perk of being military). If your car is within a certain distance of the tech school base I believe you're allowed to get it. Just keep in mind that you'll be going elsewhere after you finish tech school. Where you're going depends on your job and availability, and you wont be knowing what base you get till a few weeks before finishing school.

How was deployment?

Did 4 years in the Marines as a 0331. Got out as a Cpl and since I didn't have shit else to do I figured I'd might as well re-enlist somewhere else. Randomly chose special operation weather team & security forces as fail safe should I not pass selection. Thankfully I have, still got another 19 weeks of training left so not out of the woods yet.

Are you enjoying it so far

Bmt no car.
Tech school, you can have it there, but you can't drive it outside a 300 (i think) mile radius, so if your car is that far away, someone will have to ship it to you.
First duty station: if you're overseas it may be hard to take it. If you're state side, drive that mofo. Also try to avoid TMO to ship stuff, rent an uhaul and make money with a do it yourself move

yeah it's cool I've learned a lot so far and I haven't even made it yet. Might get better or worse if I end up making it to teams,

>if

thank you for your service and protecting my way of life sir! HUAH!

Yeah, if you're planning on getting out once it starts getting tough....

fucking don't.

Devil
>why u no MARSOC.jpg

Hey, anyone who's actually in the Air Force wanna confirm something for me ?

This pot head was discharged from the Air Force because he supposedly failed a "test they give you
that confirms you've learned your skills," that comes way after basic training and schooling, he was
already in his office and what not and working and he says thats the reason why he's no in it.

A lot of people have claimed bullshit and some even said that it was a drug test he failed that got him kicked
out but to this day I give him the benefit of doubt.

air force easy as fuck and privileged as shit. its the harvard of the military. be prepared to walk through pt and skate.

Do 4 years and be an AFROTC fag with me

dumb question, say you get stationed out of the country , say Europe. I chose to bring my f350 truck, are we subject to thier emission laws, other random shit like that. Obviously parts harder to get etc, do most people in that case just buy a different vehicle or motorcycle I'm sure would be my next go to probably

I'm on my 7th year of service in the Air National Guard. Look it up man. All the perks of regular Air Force, but significantly more choice and freedom.

Also, if you can try to get something with a security clearance. I use my clearance as part of my day job, and I make about $90k.

>went for scout sniper instead
>failed miserably
>lost motivation for anything else after a degrading ass chew out by their course instructors
>same two instructors get relieved of their position a month after i failed due to improper training of prospects

Not using that as an excuse because I know i'm a terrible shot but still fuck those guys,

in the air force you take two test. one for job knowledge and the other for usaf history etc..all designed to gauge you at higher level. if you fail the exams twice. your on your way out. Especially true since downsize is happening at a crazy rate.
>source
>AFROTCfag

probably pissed hot. if your already at your unit and you can't perform your job correctly, they usually just move you to a shitty desk job

Its called EOC (end of course) for CDCs (career dev. Course). You can fail it a few times, but if you go above some threshold bye bye. Most of it won't help you in your career.

Currently living the dream in tech school, can answer questions

Separated a few months ago after 10 years. Have fun with that shit show. Well you won't know better so have fun. As many have said before, just don't do dumb shit and you will get by.

field? mos?

Did you join to fight for your country?

Popular thing to do is buy. Buying/selling cars often in the air force is a thing

afforums.com

you conform to their laws i believe. where i went had no smog laws. but it did have a safety check and i had to get my car checked every few months. something that we don't have in california

How long was he in?
There are tests associated with promotions in rank, and you're only allowed so much time in any lower rank. If you can't be promoted due to failure, at some point you will be discharged.

well I guess its a good thing I am already in that habit, but kinda what I expected.

that's shit, where I live, rural as fuck Washington state we have nothing, no inspections, emissions, its great. But that is what I figured, thanks

hope you're not doing a mission critical job (i.e. flight line)

where? afsc?

why not user?

check. do you yearn for combat?

I think he failed both

He was in for less than a year.

Ultimately yes but also for a better civilian job

1N3X1, if you know the AFSC you'll know the base I'm on

>fight for your country
>fight
yea right, this nigga going to the air force to chill

Always get trips

Damn man one away frrom quads

oh, either monterey or fucking norad. admirable skill set. create your own algorithms for fun?

It's all about conditions. Pay is based solely off rank. Flight line jobs dont pay extra but you work longer hours (unless you're on F-35), outside, whatever hours you get told to work, and at the end of the day you not likely to get rewarded unless you've never gotten into trouble.
Always remember that doing more work just means more chances to fuck up.

everyday, did some time in sangin with 3/7

What's your mos gonna be. Armyfaggot here , been in for a minute.

Just got discharged after 3 years of service a week ago. Ask me anything.

Nice op...good luck

>more work
>more chances to fuck up

Shitbag detected. Your a fucking idiot, go spread your cancer somewhere else .

drugs? or are really that bad at your job

Don't get into a relationship before you go. If you're already in one, break up. Trust me.

Aspiring to enlist here,
What AFSC's do you guys recommend? I'm so far looking at very arbitrary things, like
Loadmasted
Aircraft Structural Maintenance
Low observable
In flight refueling
Aircraft armament systems
Photographer

I have a pretty good electronic and mechanical understanding and like working with my hands but I also want to be able to do somewhat cool stuff or at least consider flight positions. What do?

Also why does SF have a such a bad rep other than glorified security guard.

10 year air force vet here.
Air Force is easy just go to school and keep the drinking at bay. Other than that welcome to pc circus.

Fuck that shit I'm stupid as fuck. I'm just here to learn a language and get my pay. Still got like 9 months left before I dlpt though.

This(unless you're married already). Focus on what your doing.

Why do you say that. I'm in a really of 5 plus years.

Neither.
Minor disciplinary infractions.

You get what they give you. Air Force just throws you in what ever slot they need the most. It's not like other services that guarantees jobs. Air Force don't need you, you need the Air Force.