What does Sup Forums think of the Mandela effect?

What does Sup Forums think of the Mandela effect?

Basically there are a bunch of minute differences in spellings, quotes in movies, titles, historical events and celebrity deaths that the vast majority of people remember differently.

You can Google it yourself and find many examples. You can also find many people saying that it's:

- a large scale example of confabulation
- parallel universes merging into one
-CERN messing with reality

What do you think?
Pic related (check the spelling)

I remember it as Berenstein

so do 80% of the world

>I remember it as Berenstein

So does everyone. That's the Mandella effect for ya.

I think it's related to time travel.

I swear the first generation of Pokémon only had single types

It's always been STAIN.

Talked to a 75 year old librarian about it.
She knows it's always been STAIN.

It's an uneducated guess. I think that the effect is actually just group think and people thinking "berenstain" is the correct spelling because that's how it's pronounced.

Can you be a bit more specific?

I'd like to believe you on this one. That's probably one of the most creditable sources out there.

As in, no evolution?

They do.

I refuse to believe otherwise. They definitely only have single types.

I specifically remember sitting in a class as a kid, looking at the whole title, then looking at it syllable by syllable, and realizing that it said "stain" instead of "stein." I mentioned it to my classmates but they were all too busy believing in Santa Claus and Jesus to realize I'd just rocked their worlds. Now, like twenty years later, people are hate-jizzing their pants because they never learned how to sound out words.

Well, in what I think, it's different to what you'd normally conceive as time travel. In that it's more or less subtle changes in thought lines connected at certain moments in the overarching world of time and space. My first experience was this was when I was on ~psychedelic drugs~ and I listened to some music on youtube then comments from people asking if things changed in songs after I went through it. I don't know how deep this goes, or if I could prove anything, but it seems to become a more prominent thing in this era of time, possibly related to Mckenna's ideas of a novel system going into a zone which changes the way people perceive and deal with reality. Be warned though, I do not even believe most of what I said even 30% so don't take this as some authoritative response saying how or what is really going on. Repetition of timelines as well is a feature, meaning, a meaning behind deja vu.

Me and literally all my friends thought of Pepsi as the leader, as the cool one, the one to have over Coke - which was fine when Pepsi was not around, but overall, "too sweet and kinda meh compared to Pepsi".

But now we went to college and everyone's like "Pepsi? WHY". Coke's suddenly the cool one.

I talked to all the kids we knew that grew up in late 90's - early 00's. EVERY SINGLE ONE CONFIRMS OUR STORY.

Pure horseshit. It's the result of how memory corrodes over time. Nothing more.

So youre feeling the Beren OP?

dude same her. well, almost.. as far as I can remember it was all about Nintendo vs. Sega, my memory mustve been altered since nowadays you're pretty much down to Microsoft vs Sony and apparently its always been like that, what the FUCK universe

Hmm, this isn't really related to the effect as much as it's a regional thing. Coke was always the leader, by far, but of course different places placed different interest in the product. This is probably the worst attempt at an example.

it was berenstain not berenstein, and i use to have a superhuman samurai toy, my current mom tells me i never had one, NAW i remember combining the trex thing with the superhuman samurai, fuck universe.

>This is probably the worst attempt at an example

well, might it be possibly because the guy's obviously taking the piss

nah there has always been a couple doubles like gyarados for example water and flying

She's been paid off or is otherwise motivated to perpetuate this untruth.

Come to think of it, she did have a lazy eye.

Zapdos, Moltris, and Articoonyo were all multitype pokemon. Ghost pokemon were always ghost/poison for some reason. There were several multi type pokemon. Hell, even pidgey and it's evolutions were normal/flying.