Can some one tell about the basics of python?

Can some one tell about the basics of python?
i have no fucking clue how to code and i need
to learn how. i used code acadamy and i complet the tasks but i dont understand what im doing ;____;

Other urls found in this thread:

learnpythonthehardway.org/book/index.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Python is one of the easier languages. The best suggestion I can offer is that you set out to create a small program with a purpose that you can understand (as opposed to the random programs various tutorials will have you create).

Don't be overly ambitious with it. The entire point is for you to know what you're trying to accomplish, and be able to look for ways to do so in python.

what can i do in python?
like what would be a simple thing?

Years ago, when I was first learning Python, I created a very basic program to schedule my cardiac medication dosages. I had a terribly sleep schedule and woke up at different times every day, so I couldn't use a static schedule. The program would accept the time I woke up as input, and would output dosage times based on the idea of taking one pill x amount of hours after the last pill.

That's obviously specific to my case and likely wouldn't do you any good. But something with a similar scale that you can see yourself using in your own life would be a good start.

Alternatively, try another language. People generally find some languages much easier than others. If you have a heavy math background, you might prefer functional programming languages. Generally, once you learn one language, picking up others is fairly simple. It's learning how to solve problems like a programmer that is the difficult first step.

hmm.... that your telling me to do is like drawing a fish. but i dont know what a fish is or how it works/looks like ;____; so the task is hard

when I was first learning I made a little memorization tool for memorizing vocabulary translations. It kept track of how often I got ones right, so I could see which ones I had trouble on. You might try something like that.

man i have so mutch to learn and i only have 2 months.

ok, so in general this is how to keep it simple:
use only console input and output: write to the console( maybe print() in python 3? Can't remember) and read from it.
Don't try to do anything like read and write files, traverse directories, parse webpages, etc. at first, it will just lead to getting bogged down in documentation and shit.

Take a python class or search up the basics of python.

Step 1. Code
Step 2. No step 2, you're done

Another thing you might want to investigate is Pygame. It is not a very good piece of software, but it is simple and gets you drawing basic stuff on the screen. I am imagining making yourself a schedule like this:
1. Draw some shape
2. Make a function to draw that shape, taking as a parameter where to draw it.
3. Use that shape drawing function in something else, maybe code that draws three shapes
4. Use the shape drawing function in something more complicated, like a loop

i did but i dident understand i just did what it told me to do. i dident understand what i was doing

I think I suffer the same problem. Codeacedemy is great to learn how languages are built up and to learn basic things like strings, functions, etc. but I lack of creativity and knowledge to actually work on a project that doesn't just print out my name.

Get some books and/or use codecademy

If you can't understand Python you may have brain problems.

i think your right :( sorry for wasteing your time

use some other site, i think that codeacademy is horseshit.

it feels like i dident get to know the basics im gonna look for another one :)

>dident
how old are you OP?

Ive started learning java on it a couple of weeks ago. The design and all is nice but it's not as good as it looks like. Even when it asks you you do some tasks on coding it pretty much gives you the exact instructions on how to do it so you don't gain much experience.

learnpythonthehardway.org/book/index.html

you're welcome OP