Why is it so bad to be an alcoholic? It's like the liquid version of being a "functioning stoner"...

Why is it so bad to be an alcoholic? It's like the liquid version of being a "functioning stoner", i drink 6-10 beers daily, without neglecting my work or family. Only negative side is i can't/won't drive, but besides that, i love being drunk. This been going on for a few months now, how dem fortune cookies sound?

>Drink too much alcohol
>Die
>Smoke too much weed
>Literally no such thing

You will die a sad lonely death op

Sooner than you think

risk of hurting yourself or others or at least causing discomfort is much higher

65 bongs? dam son

>6-10 beers a day

>won't drive

You're not an alcoholic, you are a pussy though.

hey, you're me
only i drive for a living
so, kind of careful about that. but every other minute, drunk
only feel happy/like being me when i'm drinking

lol 6-10 beers....wait till you get to a 750 a day

Well i work 8 to 5 and usually hit the hay round 10, aint like i put an effort into chugging as much as possible within the timespan.

The initial benefits won't last and you're slowly killing your internal organs. Not enough to matter much if it's only been a few months, but a few years of 6 - 10 beers a day (assuming you don't increase your intake) will make a noticeable impact on your health.

Thing is, 6-10 beers is probably only going to get you going for a while. At some point you're going to build tolerance and need more. + Alcool creates a very strong physical dependence, you don't just stop because you want to.

its always funny to me how fuckers think smoking a lot of weed won't have adverse effects on their lungs.just don't cry like a bitch when your lungs Give out stoner bro

Alcohol can cause brain hemorrhages and liver failure. Weed can ruin your lungs. There are more withdrawal symptoms from alcohol that can kill you if you quit cold turkey. No one should judge you for being a functioning alcoholic , but it's only harming yourself and your funds. You do you though my man, I'd rathor have a friend who's drunk all the time and normal than a dopey retarded stoner who only talks about being high.

Tolerance will obviously kick in at some point

That's what an alcoholic does, dumbass.

When I was drinking is down 15 beers a night, after work. Wouldn't remember going to sleep.

Than while I was working at night is go through over half a fifth of whiskey AT work and 6-12 beers during the day.

You are not an alcoholic......yet.

Also, alcoholics fucking stink

too much of anything faggot.
it may not it depends on his chemistry and what he eats and does. There are people who smoke for 60 years and never get lung cancer, then there are those who never smoked and get lung cancer.

You're an idiot

Social stigma, and health reasons. Thats about it

I drink a 26er a day for 4 years now.

I function fine. I make good money and drink after work. Id like to get buzzed off of less but my tolerance is so high.

I'm never fall on my face drunk or puking, just a strong buzz

itll catch up to you. after drinking for years I started having constant anxiety and feeling like im gonna die 24/7. it fried my brain/nerves/body.

unlike most recreational drugs it actually poisons and kills your entire body.

true. smoke erry day
i used to play brass instruments in HS but ive lost alot of lung capacity over several years smoking. no excessive coughing or flem. im much better off than any cigarette smoker

That's exactly what most recreational drugs do, numb nuts

not to the extend alcohol does. which literally kills your cells and your organs. the only other drug that really damages your body that hard is meth and crack.

>Some people do things that aren't alcohol for 60+ years and never die while other people never do that thing and die
>Therefore alcohol, something completely different, depends on body chemistry

Shitty fucking logic.
A few years of getting drunk everyday will definitely do some damage you fucking twit.

You are so wrong I can taste your stupidity.

im a functioning alcoholic who has been drinking pretty often for 15 years... (26) gone on 6 month binges an shit when i was younger... it affects moy social life but not work.. i can be literally what should be alcohol poisoning and still be a decent employee

I'm saying it won't kill you immediately. Drink too much and you'll die that night.
Smoke too much and you'll die in 40 years.

yea one side of my family doesnt process alcohol.. got an uncle who died already and an aunt who probably will.. cept my other side is the complete opposite.. last time i got checked (15 years of drinking) all my levels were fine.. im pretty mentally fucked tho but thats a whole nother story

A lot of recreational drugs don't do damage to your body, though; it's usually the route of administration and the lifestyle that does the damage. Taking oxycodone orally will do almost no bodily harm, while injecting a dissolved pill while living homeless eating 4 times a week will definitely fuck you up.

Alcohol just wrecks havoc on your body and mind though. A literal poison.

>functioning stoner

No such thing. Both booze and pot affect your judgement negatively. If you want to have some occasional fun while acknowledging this, fine. You are OK. But when your brain starts to tell you that you are insightful, clever, creative or even functioning normally on the drug of your choice, you are addicted. Your brain is a lying SOB and just wants you to get high some more.

Alcohol fucks your liver up fam. Used to drink a lot and my liver got fucked. Not too mention i got to a point where i couldn't get out of bed early enough

this chart may not be accurate but....

vapes have no carcinogens wut wut

C'Mon, U Pussy 4Channers! JHC, I've been drunk 1/4 my adult life - I regret 1/8th of it!