youtube.com/watch?v=O7H_qoK_ejI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

they turned into gothopottimuses

marylin manson got old

suicide, natural selection etc etc...

twilight made it gay?

evolution

what happened to punks? Beckham?

lol exactly, they grew up, realized how fucking retarded they were & discouraged their children from following in their oversized, clown shoe, doc martin foot prints.

They moved to Portland or Seattle, found out how much it costs to live here, went back Cowhole Cornholing and grew up.

>emo
>goth
>vampires

was just a trend that just ended

what never ends is me getting dubs

Dead like Bela Lugosi, motherfucker

They found the right mix of anti-depressants, Marilyn Manson went out of style, German techno isn't what it used to be, Anne Rice quit writing about gay vampires, and Twilight turned vampires gay as all fuck.

you have your order wrong user
>goth
>vamp
>emo

And they all were different. At the least the original goths of the 80 and 90s were driven by teenage angst. It was not cool to be goth. The vamps and emo kids thought it was cool.

I'm blaming twilight so far.

we have our answers
/thread

I am still here, sincerely a Siouxsie And The Banshees Goth.

Awesome. I'm into London after Midnight and Wolfsheim personally.

Cheers from polish bat cave.

I'd post pics of goth chicks but the only thing I got are women wearing latex and slightly too much makeup.

order?
>i dont know the difference
how could i put this in order?

They died and now they're black... black... black... number one.

see my dubs never ends

they're now hipsters

So you are second wave? The Mansonites were third wave, for those who considered them Goths, which they weren't. As for what happened to old school Goths? They became cowards after the Mansonites & Columbine ruined things, & now go under the name Steampunk, bunch of wimps.

Imagine if Marilyn Manson had died just after Antichrist Superstar.

He would be up there with Andrew Wood and Kurt Cobain.

None of which are Goth. A Goth would be Ian Curtis.

had to grow up
get jobs and work for a living

I dunno. It's weird with me, because I grew up in rural Nebraska. We were a few years behind most trends. I was the weird kid. You know the story.

they grew up and turned into hipsters and gypsies

We grew up, got jobs and LARP as vampires on the weekends.

Ian Curtis is not goth. He would absolutely disagree, but at best he is Post Punk.

I never said Madge was Goth. I was just thinking about how better he would be if he was dead.

Well done.

Regarding the goths... sing this corrosion to me.

youtube.com/watch?v=OKRJfIPiJGY

This goth is still kicking . . .for now.

I'm still here m8

order, the arrangement or disposition of people or things in relation to each other according to a particular sequence, pattern, or method.

I heard she was in parties...

goths are worse than emos

You know the first rule of Goth, to never admit you are Goth, Ian would just be following that rule. I bet if I asked him right now, he wouldn't even dignify me with a response :p .

>We grew up
>LARP as vampires on the weekends
pick one

Also, not real goths.

One song at a time, brother.

Nigga you suck, 28 is not dubs you faggot

I'm just calmly taking everyone down a soothing, quiet, tour of goth music. Love my way... it's a new road.

He wouldn't have been able to make so many shit albums.

On the downside it would give him cult status just like Sublime, Nirvana, and The Doors.

It retrospect it's better that he got old and fat because people liking music because someone died is complete and utter cancer.

We grew up. Fuck off.

Depends on how you define "old school"...

If you mean the first wave of fans/bands then some bands are still kicking, others disbanded, band members died etc... Fans either outgrew it, had to place music as a lower priority, died partying or are still kicking somewhere out there.

If you're talking about a style in the music that you think was lost somewhere in genre evolution and crossing over then you've already answered your question though I've heard a lot of great newer bands and encourage you to continue looking!

If you're talking about fashion then gtfo.

i know a guy who is unashamedly goth. The fucker could pass as Andrew Eldritch in the 90s.

But you're fucking right. I've never hard his say the word "goth" ever.

I'm gonna push him on that this weekend.

They got kicked out of mom and dad's house and realized they couldn't look that stupid and get a job.

>What happened to old school goths?

In 711 AD King Roderic (Rodrigo) was killed while opposing an invasion from the south by the Umayyad Muslims in the Battle of Guadalete on July 19. This marked the beginning of the Muslim conquest of Hispania in which most of the peninsula came under Islamic rule by 718.

I kek'd a little

youtube.com/watch?v=QCg4i1f_oDY

>What happened to old school goths?
They turned into sjws to continue dressing like carnival attractions while simultaneously pretending to be special snowflakes / important. Pic related

Nice trips. You're human and you need to be loved.

Just like everybody else does.

do it plz

Litrially the matrix movies.

The both scene latched onto the first movie thinking their sub culture was being celebrated.

Then the second movie was released.

By the time everyone had seen the third movie they realised that their subculture was affectively devalued to the point where it was a meme.

Nigga doesn't know the difference between the Visigoths and Ostrogoths.

Fuck this piece of shit tablet autocorrect.

I was going to ask you for another song after "She's In Parties".

But you already...

youtube.com/watch?v=pEq8DBxm0J4

That fucking guitar!

i like manson and never thought it was goth music. type o negative seemed like goth music to me.

His answer "Nah man, I am an individual, there is this reason & that reason, & that reason why it is clear I am not Goth. You cannot place me in a box, I am beyond a label." That is the Gothist of answers.

Thanks, user, for the music. And may your dubs live in infamy.

If you are a real Goth, then where were you when we sacked Rome?!

Yes, it's great, but our love will tear us apart... again.

Truthfully neither were, but Type-O-Negative is more acceptable as Goth.

It's not my doing, Sup Forums. It's

Like all trends...

Let my satanic dubs take this to its crescendo... and ask yourself, "where is my mind?"

It's, in fact... way out, in the water. See it swimmin'

>fuck your dubs
Ian Curtis is not goth, you sneaky fucker.

So:
youtube.com/watch?v=qVaVwYoc_1k

what is type-O-Negative then?

Pixies, goth? Fuck that's a hell of a call. I dunno.

One of the greatest bands of all time. And responsible for grunge. But goth? I dunno.

Your trips are special.

i dunno, but if i would have to say i would say dark metal?

but i may be wrong.

How Sup Forumsrother? Explain to me your logic.

Much like any band that flirted with goth credibility... Joy Division flirted with goth credibility.

The Pixies flirted with it, as well. You'd be hard-pressed to find a "goth band" that was exclusively "Goth."
Also, how do you know that I wasn't referencing the Placebo cover?

I'll throw you a bone though... as goths are ultimately all sell-out posers: I can't wait until December 25th so that I can say "Happy Birthday Pigface Christus..." for my unholy Trips, earlier.

>natural selection
Yep

No. Fuck this anons TRIPS.

O'children... those weren't just TRIPS, but the gothiest, unholiest of TRIPS.

they were defeated in the great alt war with the metal heads.

thats wtf i was thinking man...m8?

Because said "sing this corrosion to me".

Which got me remembering some old musics.

I'm drunk so it doesn't matter.

But this:

Dead Can Dance
youtube.com/watch?v=VPd-MSr19qI

just as an aside, I saw on youtube an old phil donahue episode from like '83 with 'punks and their moms' kek

one of the girls was especially sassy....I looked her up on facebook and sent her a note...she was like oh gawd thanks....shes a high school teacher now

\m/ \m/
Fucking metal Trips, user. Second time in the goth thread. That's so goth.

I've never met a legit goth that used the term "goth" unironically.

Maybe if they're new to it or if they care more about fashion than anything else or if they're just a poser but the people out there genuinely supporting the scene treat the term like a joke.

we got jobs and had families

They grew up and realized how stupid that shit was.

Behold
youtube.com/watch?v=WxnN05vOuSM

something inside has died

Old goths died out, but new ones are springing up at least this is the case in Los Angeles. Dead can dance fucking rock btw

They integrated into the rest of European society by setting up kingdoms on the ashes of the Western Roman Empire.

That's my fucking favorite band right there

Gothic Metal, which is not a type of Goth, it is a type of metal.

Basically all the emo kids were such fags that anyone who even resembled an emo was called a fag, and all the goths would rather straighten up and be normies than be grouped with emos
Straight up truth
The world is so full of edgy cunts right now that it's actually more rebellious to be a happy and optimistic

There's goth chicks at hot topic. They're just not as black as thet used to be. They wear pink leggings, bubblegum styled clothes. The trend isnt as prevalent as it was 20 years ago.

punks turned into cyberpunks.

I don't know about you guys but I like the music, the clothing and the women but I realised a long time ago that I'd look like a fucking retard if I even tried to dress like some of them.
I know some goth guys pull it off and look great but I'll just stick to being a filthy metalhead in my jeans and t shirts

Punks are faggy now. They used to be cool. Now it's just a shit fad for dumb kids.

You made me smile. LA Goths is something I can't even comprehend.

Can I ask you, is this Goth?

Current 93 - I Looked to the South Side of the Door
youtube.com/watch?v=O7H_qoK_ejI

You're absolutely allowed to say "no".

Are you fucking serious? Are you like 12? Do you even know what a real goth looks like?

It's not that hard man, just wear black tees and black jeans.