Did any of you guys go to your high school prom? If so, was it worth it? If not, do you regret not going?

Did any of you guys go to your high school prom? If so, was it worth it? If not, do you regret not going?

yes
yes

Did you take a girl, or go by yourself?

I went junior and senior year. Was it worth it? Sure. I was super stoned when I got there and stayed for less than an hour then left to get drunk and bang my date.

I only went because my gf wanted to, banged in her car afterward so I guess worth

What if I'm an autist and I don't have a date? Do you think it would be worth it to just third wheel?

Not him, but I went Junior year with girl and senior with friends. First time banged, second time chilled partied a bit and hung with friends after, still ended up banging, but not a date. If you have any friends who are going then go, its worth it. If you legit have literally no one who's gonna be there then I would say no, also don't fuck up other people's dates and stick around them the whole time.

I didn't because two girls who were friends both asked me
I don't regret anything

Went sophomore, junior and senior year. Sophomore time was kinda lame but we ending up banging about a week or so later.

Had a good time. Senior prom was shit because the girl I was with was nuts, but I was dating a senior the following year which was fantastic. There's really no equivalent to prom after high school, so if you don't go you won't really know what you're missing, but if you go you'll always have that memory.

>inb4 normie

I absolutely loved prom. my date was a girl I had liked all year. too bad she turned out to be lesbian kek

I didn't go to any Prom in highschool. I stayed home and shot up some pills instead of going to senior prom. I regret doing that, but I am glad I didn't attend to this day
>8 years later

I didn't go. I got drunk alone in the basement with the lights off. It's now 19 years later and I'm still drinking in the basement alone, but the lights are on now.

Why are you glad you didn't go?

Depends, if you think you'll have fun with the people you're going with then do it. My parents paid for mine or I wouldn't have gone, so I think the main issue would be money. It's just one night and you woulnd't have to stay if you didn't want to.

going to prom was a memory landmark of my life, you only get one chance in your life to go to prom and celebrate the next phase in your life. its worth it in my opiniong, things now may seem like its not worth it. but it is. dont be fag a op just go, dont be a delicate little snow flake

A friend of mine didn't graduate because he got arrested that night for doing stupid shit I would've been involved in. I am an introvert and still to this day don't like going to events with large crowds and I haave never liked my classmates

Any specifics on why you liked it? I'm not trying to be special, it's just that I don't have a date or many friends.

It will be important to you immediately before, during and probably up to a year after. Once you hit 25 or so you will care about it as much as you now care about your kindergarten graduation.

Yes I did. It was worth it yeah, spent time with my gf and all my buddies and went to a pretty good house party afterwards.
8/10 night tbh until I kicked my gf out of my house.

no
no

I hated those people and still do.

I'm from Mexico so proms literally don't exist, and if they do now then what a fucking unoriginal piece of copying shit american cocksuckers they are.
But I did went to parties where everyone gets drunk and fuck, except me since drinking would have fucked with my meds.

i didn't go because my acne was really bad even though I got asked, I was very self conscious about it and pictures and all

now my face is clear and i fuck mad bitches ayee

no
and
no

My social skills have never been good.

I went to prom my junior year, and it was kind of enjoyable because I wore the bright blue suit from Dumb and Dumber. Didn't go my senior year.

Went to both Junior and Senior proms alone. Wasn't worth it; regret having done so.

Although I did double-dip in the chocolate fountain at my Senior prom. No one was any the wiser.

no
no

just not my kind of thing, I did plenty of other school events and was in different clubs so I wasn't a complete anti-social autist. Just didn't appeal to me and still doesn't sound appealing, I know I didn't miss out on anything

Asked friend (2 weeks before) and went with her. Started dating another girl week before it who showed up to the afterparty. Friends date started hitting on me.
So naturally I got really drunk and did fuck all with any of them.

Didn't go. Didn't care then. Don't care now.

No ragrets.

THAT'S LIKE PUTTING YOUR WHOLE MOUTH INTO THE DIP

And it was worth it.

My gf at the time left me a week before I turned 18, and about a month before prom, so I never went.

spic lander here, not mexican but i guess you dont care
in my country prom is diferentis not like a paty when you chose someone to go with but like a general party where everyone that is graduating go and do similar shit like taking photos and shit.

in my case cus im a pice of shit i fail my last year of high school but i whent to promp eny way cus i already pay for that shit, it was funny cus everyone was like "dude do you seriously whant to go?" and cus i didnt give a shit about school in general for mi wasnt a big deal to go to a party for people that is graduating

that was graduating*

I went, it was dumb. $200 tickets each (yay rich Miami suburbs) and it was essentially just a quick stopover for most people between parties at people's houses. Most kids were already trashed when they showed up and left after an hour or so then went to a house party to get even more trashed. The prom itself wasn't the main event, at all.

Yeah, I guess I understand. The only reason I would go is if I thought I would regret not going in the future. That's why I was asking you guys.

Didn't go. Don't regret it. I do regret asking this girl I was into though.

It's a much less of a deal than you are making it out to be. Are your friends going? Do you think you might have fun hanging out with your friends? Then go. It's not some life-changing event like movies or TV make it out to be. It's just the same people from your high school standing around while a DJ plays Drake and the trashy slutty girls and their boyfriends awkwardly dance. Don't overthink it.

it not was like a "oh i will regret this think for the rest of my life" but i was the last time with my high school clasmates and i saw i t like an aoportunity to had a good time.

it was funny to cus the teacher in his discurs was struguling tryng to not make me feel like trash and my fathers where unconfortable as fuck, but was a good night, not legendary like the US prom night but was a litle bit special

Thanks user. This is what I was looking for.
Also, I should probably mention that I've never been to a high school dance before.

I did. It was. Left after an hour and took my date to the marina by my house. Fucked her senseless in the back of my car until one and took her home. Definitely don't regret going.

Now my second prom was far worse. Do regret that one.

my parents*
jesus crist now i look like a faggont on a internet imagenboard

Went with some girl i didnt know who didn't have a date. Danced like whatevers while i watched the chick i liked dance with her date. Night was shit. Got home and fucked around with my best friend at the time. Was dope. We stopped talking for a few months after then she cut me off

Had a lot of fun third wheeling my senior prom.

Are you joking, or would you like to elaborate?

if you're gonna go alone don't bother

Fuck no shit was $95 wouldn't of had a date either none of my close friends went either. I seen photos of it on Facebook and it looks cringy as fuck.
Lol ghetto poor ass school almost never had one becuz no one was going to go.

I think I just chilled that day when it happened rofl fucken forgot it was that day and shit

Went with date and group of close friends. About 18 of us, got some fine ass dinner and went to prom.
DJ sucked but we still all had fun, it was more about making memories.
Slow danced with gf(aka earned good boyfriend points)
Went to after prom, stayed up til 5am doing all that shit
Won a laptop at after prom

So OP really prom will be as fun as you want it to be. My junior prom was shit because I moped the entire time. Just go with people you enjoy and have fun, but if you really don't want to go then don't because you'll just always view at wasted time/money

I had no prom date so my buddy's girl set me up with her cute friend who ended up being as big of a nerd as me and we ended up dating for about 4 years. Definitely worth it.

Well I didn't go
But on the other hand I had a nice nap so no regrets
I also don't like wearing suits and stuff

Some guy overdosed and two girls got raped at mine, but it was pretty fun otherwise.