Women don't write good music. Their minds simply don't conceive it...

Women don't write good music. Their minds simply don't conceive it. They don't experience enough necessary things in life to know what goes into creating good music. I'm sorry but it's just true. Think about it. How many female Led Zeppelin/Black Sabbath/Weezer/Pink Floyd are there? None! Their minds can't experience it, it's not their fault.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/u1XMhdAGDgc
youtu.be/KjmpswJ2ohE
youtu.be/WRsEnDl8DUc
youtube.com/watch?v=Vg1jyL3cr60
m.youtube.com/watch?v=RVsF2whuzIM
youtube.com/watch?v=d1KyQ-1kDbk
youtube.com/watch?v=enNeARK3_zg
youtu.be/_-u68YH6Adc
youtube.com/watch?v=FgLISpdSauE
youtube.com/watch?v=mf2O3OAQjng
npr.org/sections/deceptivecadence/2016/05/22/478734604/sounds-and-sweet-airs-remembers-the-forgotten-women-of-classical-music
youtube.com/watch?v=SuPtrBufy5Q
youtu.be/__49Ky-we9k
youtu.be/c_K5FwDDscE
youtu.be/OFttpHMNPyM?list=PLj6JU5Mly3ESZRiwLVRXC5DqhObtulqpl
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

There's a handful of good chick bands. Auf der maur, lady hawke, the dodos etc

youtu.be/u1XMhdAGDgc

Anyone who posts in this thread will link me an obscure bad indie girl band, which is what I expect. They can't become well known because their brains can't create good enough music. It's just biology. I'd LOVE to go crazy over a 'led zeppelin'esque girl band, but it just won't happen... :(

Closed immediately. That's one girl. I want an ENTIRE girl band, creating radio hit music (think Weezer blue album). Why can't girls do it? I'm not sure. Not trying to be sexist but honestly. It's strange that there hasn't been such an album ever.

Also I love how people like Joan Jet get put into the Rock and roll hall of fame because they had one or two pop hits that were shit musically but because of their vaginas, expectations are so low.

BUMP please. this is the most important thread on Sup Forums

Exactly. It's like, "OMG one girl wrote a good song! WTF???????? PUT HER IN THE HALL OF FAME." Fucking stupid .... C'mon, ladies. I believe in you. I want to 'fanboy' (derived from 'fangirl') over you!

Sorry, I misunderstood. This link won't be your style, but they are some badasses. All girl.

youtu.be/KjmpswJ2ohE

Surely Sofia Gubaidulina must spend a great deal of her time listening to Led Zeppelin and thinking gee with I was a guy so I could be smrt enough to come up with really intrincate sounds such as these.

Stop wasting your time thinking these trying desperately to shok people ideas, and go learn music properly.

Birdcloud

youtu.be/WRsEnDl8DUc

if there was any determination on being a male to compose stuff like Weezer, id become a trap. seriously.

Yeah, maybe. But jesus christ, make it big for once. Where's the female Stairway to Heaven? It doesn't exist because women don't think that way. FUCK. Show me something worth while.

What abour Qrion?

I don't understand your comment. Compose an album like Blue Album or Pinkerton as a female and link it to me. You can't because you simply can't experience such feelings, only admire them. Dumb fuck. C'mon.

> Savages

all female postpunk band which headlines several festivals. Entirely different genre than Led Zeppelin but successful and very good.

well put. hell of a band!

This is the edgiest thread on here right now

youtube.com/watch?v=Vg1jyL3cr60

Id take this over Starway to Heaven, by a long mile.
And yeah, bands full of guys but this is mostly Gibbons.

op seems to have some intention of talking like an adult.
but using music on a sentence where rock should be used defeats this purpose entirely.

How about these ladies? Although I think it's just Melora running the shit.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=RVsF2whuzIM

Fletwud mac

My favorite female artist? Wendy O Williams.
She wasn't the prettiest, she wasn't the nicest, she didn't write a lot of deep and meaningful songs, but her STAGE PRESENCE! God damn!
youtube.com/watch?v=d1KyQ-1kDbk

Watch that shit and tell me a rock band that can top that.

It was stevie nicks birthday yesterday.

>led zeppelin
>weezer
>good music

0/10 try again

Patti Smith
Janis Joplin
Stevie Nicks
Suzie Quatro
Nico
Joni Mitchell
Kate Bush
Debbie Harry
Annie Lennox
While I admit the male list is longer your argument is still null and void

lol yes

such truth

also
Joan Baez
Tracy Chapman
Alanis morrisette
Bjork
>pic also related

What is fucking Janis Joplin?
You're brain dead OP

Alanis Morisette? FUCK OFF
youtube.com/watch?v=enNeARK3_zg

Do you really not understand that this has fuck all to do with "writing good music" (Weezer? Jesus dude, it's 2016, let it go...) and 100% to do with marketing?
All of the stuff you mentioned you know because a record exec decided that you would like it. They marketed it at you. They've decided that "boys are rock and girls are pop", so that's what you get marketed at you. It's exactly the same reason there isn't a female led Marvel Movie - the people with the money want a return, they don't like taking chances and they know guys can be sold because that's the market they've created.

Women musicians I like, and are easily as talented as Plant/Page or Rivers:
Amanda Palmer (solo, Dresden Dolls and Grand Theft Orchestra)
Shirley Manson
Patti Smith
P J Harvey
Lita Ford
Amy Lee
Alanis Morisette
Chrissie Hind
Kim Gordon
Tori Amos
Bjork
Cat Power
Melisa A-D-M

and, lastly because at his request, at my fathers funeral we played the long version of her (probably?) most famous song, White Rabbit, the version she recorded with her previous band before bringing it to Jefferson Airplane to cover, Grace fucking Slick.

So no, you're a moran, women make lots of great music, you just need to stop listening to top 40 rock radio.

fuck and I forgot Janis! Mum named her cat after her.

I hope for you its a bait. Is your favorite movie Shawshank redemption?
>Being this basic

youtu.be/_-u68YH6Adc
Dis woman

>movies
I work everday producing classical symphanys for a record company.

Are u the movie watching expert are you?

>post jagged little pill

youtube.com/watch?v=FgLISpdSauE

>she wrote every song on that album you fag

jesus I hope you don't have to type up the liner notes with spelling like that...

Nirvana was good tho.

Yes, this is why you are a fucking loser nobody likes.
Because you think if someones favorite film is Shawshank Redemption he is basic. You have a fucking complex going on trying to prove to yourself you're better than the others because the others don't like you.

Fuck you man, my favorite film isn't Shawshank redemption, but what's fucking wrong with that?
You wouldn't have enough self-esteem to like a big film, whats the fucking meaning?

>symphanys

Kill yourself pleb

Hanson was a good all female band.

Classic rock you forgot Heart. Their live cover of Stairway made Zeppelin cry.

youtube.com/watch?v=mf2O3OAQjng

signed

Kek
Ok sorry i offended you. Is your favorite comedy is "the big lebowski"?

There aren't many, but their work has been outstanding: npr.org/sections/deceptivecadence/2016/05/22/478734604/sounds-and-sweet-airs-remembers-the-forgotten-women-of-classical-music

Think Cowboy Bebop

Jesse Sykes is pretty goddamn good. Also, Ides of Gemini are up there, along with Blood Ceremony. Good female musicians exist, you're just expecting them spoon fed to you.

my favorite movie is "the stoned age". i've watched it on my projector 30 times. the projector is on 14 hours a day because it's LED 20,000 hr bulb and it's also 1280x768 but the best rip of this movie is only single-layer dvd and i have an mkv i made from the iso.

youtube.com/watch?v=SuPtrBufy5Q

youtu.be/__49Ky-we9k

All female band/artists, huh?

No one mentioned Metallica, it is a band consisting of just cunts, apparently people also think, they male good music.

Nah man, but I think its in the top ten probably
Am I basic now? I can't hang out with le cool indie kidz who don't like popular films?

youtu.be/c_K5FwDDscE

It's not indie, its called having a preference, try it some times. You don't have to let imdb top 100 make the choice for you.

tldr: OP wanna be gangbanged by all the member of Weezer but doesn't wanna think himself gay

so he frustrated
made this thread

youtu.be/OFttpHMNPyM?list=PLj6JU5Mly3ESZRiwLVRXC5DqhObtulqpl

Good music.. And weezer? Yep you're an idiot

To mix it up a bit: the soundtrack to the batman animation series was written by a woman. Some of the best cartoon sountracks ever right there

WEEZER THOUGH

It might actually be the opposite, women don't like good music, they just like the shallow things related like lyrics and looks.

If an all male band plays good music and dresses up to attract women to their shows, then both men and women will like them. On the other hand it doesn't matter how an all female bad dresses up, women won't listen to them because of how they see all other women as threats unless the band goes full faminazi in which case men won't listen to them. As such, there is no point in all female bands because they have such a complicated audience.

again, bullshit

savages = more or less feminists, large group of followers of all gender

>large group of followers of all gender
Their debut album sold less than 50 000 copies in the US. Their large group of followers is either not buying their albums or we have different idea what large means.

none you named are led zeppelin/pink floyd/black sabbath lvl, your list doesn't nullify op's point

Guess what, the world =/= US

Also, for a "indie band" 50,000 copies is a lot.

Also the point was, whether or not females can be good musicians. Btw: when Black Sabbath started, they weren't huge back then and where somewhat "indie"

name ANY band nowadays, that is as huge

When Led Zep and Pink Floyd were formed women were mostly regarded as dish washer with build in fleshlight

women aren't much more now. women suck. grow up. oh right, you're 23 and think you've grown up. get back to me when you're 35 and know that women are shit.

I am 34, but obviously not as butthurt as you are.
Maybe if you would check your attitude towards women, they wouldn't give you as much butthurt as they do now

it's probably because of the latent sexism in the music industry

Fleetwood Mac, Heart, Florence and the Machine, Paramore

Eat a dick, OP

>name ANY band nowadays, that is as huge
One Direction, but we don't even live in a band focused era at the moment. Solo artists are the hottest shit at right now. Also the music community as whole is split into such tiny groups that there won't be no new Led Zep or Pink Floyd simply because there isn't a single genre of music that would unite the masses the way rock music did in the 60s and the 70s.

as long as every fucking band is considered special that includes any number of women, no female acts will have the same chance as led zep did... however, no band whatsoever will be equally successful as music business has changed

> one direction

u fokn wot m8

Blondie. Pat Benatar. Heart. Joan Jet. Scandal.
You're fucking retarded.

I don't listen to One Direction but I was under the impression that they're pretty popular, but I don't know for sure. Maybe that was a few years ago.