Did you (and when) realize vidya is a waste of time?

>Did you (and when) realize vidya is a waste of time?

Im 21, stopped playing a lot about a 8 months or so, though I have to admit I went through GTA V and have played Overwatch beta every day for a few hours while it was free.

So I definitely didn't completely stopped but the thing is - I always feel regret when I play now, like I'm wasting my time so I usually stop after 20 minutes tops.

I realized it is mostly a way to escape from real world, that's why I usually played MP games, they could suck me in the easiest.

I regret I didn't stop playing sooner.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=l30nyCAbmqM
img.4plebs.org/boards/f/image/1437/26/1437269215081.swf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

After I played 6 years of WoW, a couple years of HoN, became pretty good in both PvE and PvP (glad, 2.4k rating+) and then I went traveling. Fuck.

Everything is a waste of time so why wont you waste it with something you like
Also gr8 b8 m8

I don't know how it could be a waste of time.
Do the things you enjoy because you only live once

are you going to do something productive with your new found time or just shitpost about how smug you are?

I understand that point of view, but I have to say, having a productive hobby is much better. I went 180 on this, I used to say things like that, but not anymore. I used to think I would never stop playing or I couldn't have understood when people just suddenly sold their consoles and stopped.

Things change, man.

What isn't a waste of time?
What is the meaning of life?

The first time when weeb is being reasonable.

I hate every other game besides CSGO .I played the shit out of it for 4 hours a day , now that my pc is dead I have all this time to actually exercise.

Around 22-24. I was a Starcraft fiend and actually got pretty good(yes, I'm an oldfag)...then I realized what a fucking waste it all was. I could have spent that time learning a skill or heck, just going to the gym. I still have a soft spot for video games, but they are indeed a poor investment of your time. I imagine I'll soon feel the same way about Sup Forums.

I still play vidya, not really a waste of time, since I work on video game tools.

When video games get like that, I go try to associate with real people, and remember they're all terrible. (at least in america, most people know nothing about accountability, communication, or respect, and everyone is literally thinking on rails, it's a fucking nightmare) so then I smoke some DMT, talk to aliens, and go back to playing video games with the select people I've met that are decent

The interaction with humans is a big difference

At like 17, couldnt stay more than 20 min in a game

Try make sense when you say something

Wtf is wrong with everyone, vidya is the only reason I haven't jumped off a bridge.

If you have an actual career from that (or least make some money on side) then it's different though.

Late 20's here. I'm going to be a condescending dick but I think its really a problem of where you are in your life.

view when I was a teen
view before I had a "high stress" 100k job, gf house, devoted all my time into "productive" things for years etc
my view now
my view if I didn't have to take a drug test (lol 'merrica)

I don't think it would be healthy to maintain any of those mindsets indefinitely all of them are valid for different situations.

Exactly what I was saying. Escapism, accept it or not. I guess it's better to deny it though, than to realize it and have nothing to do to forget everything. Vidya became something that makes me depressed even more now

you sound nostalgic. things change yes, but you enjoyed the time you played so it's time well spent. i feel the exact same as you. probably stopped around 21-22 years

/thead

When i was like 14 or 15 grills happend and i stopped being a loser.

I guess there is truth in there.

On the one hand, I look back to some games and I still feel all the emotions I had, it makes me happy.

But on the other hand, I see how much time went into it and I feel sorry I didn't use that time to learn or better some of my skills.

And I guess it is true what that other user said, it's probably due to my life at this moment.

I work 10 hours everyday.
I am good at what I do and I make a decent living.
Why the fuck would sometimes spending my free time playing video games be a waste?

When I was 8. I didn't stop playing them, though.

Is anyone not under the impression it isn't a waste of time?

I play a ton of league of legends, I in way think of this as a productive use of time but I enjoy it.

Like would you prefer I did more "normal" things like productively watch football or whatever shitty talent show is on atm

Well OP, having fun wasting time isn't time wasted. Like everyone else in this thread is saying, do what you enjoy. If games aren't fun to you find something else that is.

>Like would you prefer I did more "normal" things like productively watch football or whatever shitty talent show is on atm
No one was implying TV watching was more productive than video games

I'm 20, stopped playing COMPETITIVE games around 5 months ago. I lost two years of college for that hobby, cuz I wasn't controlling myself. I play just casual games now once in a while but I feel incredibly better. I feel like I'm making my free time worthy again, I go running, I study most of the time and I'm a lot more sociable. Gamimg was a good way to forget about everything, but now I regret I didn't quit it sooner. I can say my life is better now, at least I feel that way.

28, married, own my own house (and I've renovated it myself) but I still play for a few hours in the evenings, or sometimes just sit on teamspeak etc whilst talking to my mates. It's more the social connection since after Uni we're spread out all over the country

>the truth
>watch long version 10:40 to 19:53
>watch short version 16:30 to 19:53
>escapism involving video games and reality

youtube.com/watch?v=l30nyCAbmqM

how's it /f/eel?

img.4plebs.org/boards/f/image/1437/26/1437269215081.swf

>stops playing vidjya
>uses all the time he saved from not playing vidjya to post on Sup Forums on how he doesnt play vidjya

Huuuuuge life improvements, there.

>overwatch
That's your actual problem. You're a shit-tier casual that's mad 'cus bad. Trying being good--it's a lot more fun.
>743 ilvl 99th percentile Unholy DK reporting in

Idiot cant handle doing normal shit and playing games. Wtf
I jam games every night after work and still make time to socialize with the unwashed masses of idiots outside.
>fag cant cope with life
Also, its my fucking downtime so why should I feel guilty for chilling or gaming instead of watching the idiot box or talking to the lower class

Right so.
Who ever said playing games takes over your life instantly.
Can people not controll themselves anymore and just be like " oh shit i need to study a bit" or go wash themselves dirty plebs

Bernie Sander's voting base, primarily.
>responsibility is hard
>working for things is hard
>blame everyone else
>gief me all shit for free

Somewhat ironically, they delegate responsibility for their actions so well that if they focused a fraction of the effort put into aforementioned delegations into getting a job, meeting women, etc, they'd probably be successful.

Have fun telling yourself you're somehow better because you don't do somethings that millions and millions and millions of people do.

I'll be playing doom