Welcome to the Doors Game

Welcome to the Doors Game.
Behind one door there is a goat. Behind the other doors there is nothing. Your goal is to find the goat to win the game.

Reply to this post to roll.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monty_Hall_problem
twitter.com/AnonBabble

/Thread

door 2

You have chosen door number 3 (right). The host opens one of the other doors. There is nothing behind this door. You must decide if you want to switch to the other closed door or stick to your choice?

Reply to this post to roll.

"But what if I'm a cunt and open one door?"

>33% vs 50% bullshit

Not the same question

You don't know game theory.

The last door is opened. The goat walks to his freedom. You have just won the game.

Like I said
/Thread

HODOOOOOOOR!!!!! =D

Welcome to the Doors Game.
Behind one door there is a goat. Behind the other doors there is nothing. Your goal is to find the goat to win the game.

Roll dubs to pick a door.

Middle one

>"Just because it was utter shite the first time round dosent mean it will be a total waste of time if I do it again" - op

well I spent 45 minutes making the images so why not

Just stop, you have zero understanding of game theory.

Because it's unoriginal and boring. And because you don't understand any of the science behind it.

what do you mean I dont understand it? why do you think that?

Why don't you tell you're interpretation of the science behind it? This should be funny.

>Google is your friend if you get lost.

door 2 nigger

>"Your interpretation"

Links to someone else's post.

better to always switch
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monty_Hall_problem

its my post thats how I understand it myself

Is it better?

Better than what?

You're posing a different question that the original once the first door has been chosen, so the two are incomparable.

there isnt a first question as they dont open the door you choose and instead open a losing door, the host knows which door is winning but you dont

you never seen this before, and are falling for the trap of it.

it is the monty hall problem, and been solved for a long time.

you pick a door. host reveals one door to you (never the prize door). you have option to choose your selection.

the maths are proven that if you always switch your selection, you have a 66% chance of winning vs a 50% if you don't change.

not gonna explain it, there are tons of youtube videos that are short, and that will explain it with pretty pictures of goats.

But the point of the experiment is to study the effect of being offered to switch. This seems like the part you've failed to grasp.

That's the bullshit assumption. But if you knew a bit more you'd understand it properly. The odds don't actually change, because the original option of picking a door is never asked twice. The second option isn't to swap, it's to surrender the original choice.

Like I said, game theory.

Switch
>source, maths BSc

You're degree is worthless if you think you've "solved" this in 1 word.

surrender it for what? to take no door and walk away to a zero percent chance?

your ramblings don't make much sense, I and understand what game theory.

you repeating the word doesn't mean you understand it.

Then why haven't you discussed any of it in your understanding of the experiment?

This should explain it better.

Sorry, that was in response to

already said there are multiple youtube videos, laying out the proofs, available. Don't feel like simply repeating something that is already easily obtainable, and some of them have toy plastic goats for the demonstrations. I don't feel like buying toy goats at this moment in my life.

it is not complex, and the easiest way to see it, is with the selection sets laid out, and the different runs thru it.

I would strongly suggest you watch one.

The numbers are proven, it is not my opinion on it, it is simple fact.

It's become clear that you don't understand the theory behind this.

its become clear you are just attempting to troll, and very poorly.

pick a different subject besides game theory, the people that have an understanding of it, most will be smart enough to spot your fail ass troll gimmick early on.

already suspected you were trying, and this just confirms it. trying to argue with straight up facts and lure ppl into it.

fail more fuckwad.

You've explained the most emelentary outcome of options. The entire concept behind this experiment is that the maths is paradoxical. No version of your understanding has even scpared the surface of what this is about.

Calling people you disagree with you a troll is very troubling.