Ok I gotta ask. Why don't people make body armour out of diamonds...

Ok I gotta ask. Why don't people make body armour out of diamonds. I get that they are pricy but so is kevlar and if you made one of those your soldier would be unkillable. And with them being seethrough it would protect one's face.
>pic unrelated sum b8

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/69fr5bNiEfc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Thinking hardness and strength are the same thing

diamond hardness is more about resistance to scratches than the kind of hardness you think. they're actually quite brittle. the guy who does the hydraulic press videos on youtube did a diamond and it quite easily shattered and exploded with a bit of pressure.

because it would be heavy as your mom

Diamond is brittle dumb ass. It would split like a potato chip.

too heavy

Like 1 kg of diamonds weighs like 50 kilos of iron I think

becose diamond is hardest metal ,it woud be realy hard to cut into to make it a suit

Liability

How about body armor made of dildos? People will be too mesmerized to shoot.

There are at least three things wrong with this comment.

I don't get it

Diamond is rigid so you couldn't breath in it.

Also if someone shot you with lasers it would amplify and kill you deader than ever.

>so guys ive been playing minecraft...

so many keks

Due to extensive research done by the University of Pittsburgh, diamond has been confirmed as the hardest metal known to man. The research is as follows. Pocket-protected scientists built a wall of iron and crashed a diamond car into it at 400 miles per hour, and the car was unharmed. They then built a wall out of diamond and crashed a car made of iron moving at 400 miles an hour into the wall, and the wall came out fine. They then crashed a diamond car made of 400 miles per hour into a wall, and there were no survivors. They crashed 400 miles per hour into a diamond traveling at iron car. Western New York was powerless for hours. They rammed a wall of metal into a 400 mile per hour made of diamond, and the resulting explosion shifted the earth's orbit 400 million miles away from the sun, saving the earth from a meteor the size of a small Washington suburb that was hurtling towards mid-western Prussia at 400 billion miles per hour. They shot a diamond made of iron at a car moving at 400 walls per hour, and as a result caused two wayward airplanes to lose track of their bearings, and make a fatal crash with two buildings in downtown New York. They spun 400 miles at diamond into iron per wall. The results were inconclusive. Finally, they placed 400 diamonds per hour in front of a car made of wall traveling at miles per iron, and the result proved without a doubt that diamonds were the hardest metal of all time, if not just the hardest metal known to man.

Kek

Someone post the Pittsburgh diamond is the hardest metal scientific research

the guy is the poster of the original post

Don't get shot by lasers then,faggot

10/10 vintage pasta

Know anything about Norman Birkett or Bean Bag Buccaneers?

Kek

Are you retarded?

agreed
also diamonds worth 50 dollars are like 5 times more expensive than iron worth 50 dollars

>Bro. You gotta check out his bowling ball video...

I stopped reading when you said Diamond were metal, with no citation... Fuck I fell for it...

lol@yuo

Dumbfags. Diamond is made of carbon, it is not a metal.

lurk moar... like five years ago

Because they have cleavage points in the crystal lattice. Making them brittle. They'd break apart if a bullet was fired into them and the diamond shards would turn your insides into mince meat.

Pic unrelated, It's my crush.

Life is minecraft. Why haven't we done dis!! Bl

I'd like to fire a bullet into her cleavage points if you know what I mean

There is a difference between hardness and toughness. Tires are soft but tough. Glass is hard but not tough

fucking newfag
>taking biology
>even once

Not 100% right but close enough to say...this.

Oh yeah, Disregard what I said. I had a brain fart. Diamonds have a giant covalent superstructure. They're not brittle like ionic compounds. They're an allotrope of carbon

Diamonds are extremely dense, They'd weigh too much to be used in any armor (Except if they lined a tank)

>tfw she might like me

Edit Just googled it. Diamonds are brittle as fuck.

Your face when you realize he's cleaning his trash can.

youtu.be/69fr5bNiEfc

There must be literally 5 billion other people that have thought the same thing.

Do you really think they wouldn't have tried? Do you think infinitely smarter people than you haven't gone through trial and error of it?

Nigger, The body armour we have is already pretty good, Level 4 & 5 body armour are almost immune to anything up to and including a .308.

The standard for most modern military is level 4, which is resistant to .308, but will stop a 7.62x51/39 in its tracks.

What more do you want, .50 cal proof? You'd need 40mm of tank grade steel composite.