Favorite movies and opinions on clockwork orange?

Favorite movies and opinions on clockwork orange?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=n0pP66O9VN0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

youtube.com/watch?v=n0pP66O9VN0

it's a good film clockwork orange, not one that you'd want to watch all the time though.

While the youth of today isn't quite as bad as his film predicted, in many ways he really wasn't far off the mark.

Gotta love Kubrick

>edge lord movie

It's fun to watch when you're 17 then it becomes cringy AF. Especially when a friend tells you they found this "fucking amazing movie"

Then put clockwork on Netflix on

I just recently noticed how many hidden metaphors this movie has. You are right though, but i think the provocative movies are the best - they get our minds in gear

A clockwork Orange is a work of fucking genius, brilliant work. Having said that it's also a very difficult movie to discuss intelligently given the mature themes and surrealist imagery tend to cloud straightforward dicussion... Favorite movie is also complicated I tend to enjoy films like The Sheltering Sky and love the work of Goddard and Fellini on an intellectual/emotional level. Having said that films that actually become important in your life and define you may not align with your tastes exactly, the last movie Isaw that really got the feels flowing was Inside Llewyn davis, but my all time favorite is definitively Drugstore Cowboy, even if I know it's got a lot of flaws/shortcomings...

wow thread just started and already 3 Kubricks... well now 4 since my favorite movie is barry lyndon

This is not your favorite movie.
This is not anyone's favorite movie.
It is art though.

I agree with this. I'd add that it's not kubricks best work.

When I catch these threads I always recommend Buffalo 66

The thin red line

Have never watched lolita, is it any good?

meh... The cult of Jodorowsky is strong amongst the Mexican equivalent to SJWs, I would sometimes go play pool at his theatre in Mexico City and met quite a few fanboys... Picture guys discussing Maria Sabina and Che Guevara with the ferocity of American Trekkies...

2001 is my favorite movie of all time.

Yes.

at the end of that film, does the main charcter use himself as a decoy so his regiment can escape?

The movie is good and I'm surpised whoever posted went with the Peter Sellers version rather than the shittier one with Jeremy Irons, it's still obviously a joke...

Yeah

I have considered reading the book instead of watching the movie, I just assumed that the movies wouldn't be as disturbing

You either love this movie, or think it's utter shit.

bump