Aren't the Americans war criminals?

Aren't the Americans war criminals?

Remember WW2 when we deliberately bombed TWO civilian targets with weapons of mass destruction killing more than a 200 thousand people, mostly women, children and the old?
Is there any way that DOESN'T fall under the category of a war crime?

Other urls found in this thread:

avalon.law.yale.edu/20th_century/mp06.asp
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Downfall
icrc.org/applic/ihl/ihl.nsf/Treaty.xsp?documentId=AE2D398352C5B028C12563CD002D6B5C&action=openDocument
twitter.com/AnonBabble

we won the war...thats why its not a warcrime

learn how the world works fag

They were legit military targets due to dispersed Jap war industries.

Learn 2 history, not emotions.

BTW notice lack of butthurt about conventional bombing which passed the firebreak distinction in Nagoya and Tokyo.

Technically yes, but you see, only people that lose wars of invasion to their country get convicted of war crimes, you silly goose.

Interesting point of view.

And what information do you have on military targets VS civillian targets that were destroyed?

Is it not a war crime to murder hundreds of thousands of civilians if you need to get to a military target?

lol apparently

Yeah, murrica was the good guys so it wasn't a war crime.
I understand.
It's just not right

It's not. Because God loves America, and nobody else.

remember when the gooks decided to launch an unprovoked attack on US soil
remember when we gave them ample warning and notification that if they didn't surrender we'd glass them until they did
remember how it fucking worked
they forced us to drop those bombs
they knew what we were capable of and they ignored the warnings
they attacked us first

and if you wanna talk about war crimes lets talk about how they captured, butchered, and ate our soldiers. how they invaded china, raped, tortured, and murdered their way through Nanking and somehow got away with it.
lets talk about what they were doing to unborn children and infants
they got what they deserved

> Is it not a war crime to murder hundreds of thousands of civilians if you need to get to a military target?

Of course it is a war crime, but only if you lose that particular war with the enemy strong enough to enforce the law. It's silly asking these questions. The law only applies to the weak.

avalon.law.yale.edu/20th_century/mp06.asp
read up

Don't get angry bro. The japs did war crimes, USA did war crimes. The japs lost and so they had to do the pennance, not USA. That's how international law works.

Yeah, it had military importance. We covered that.
But you didn't answer my question.
Go on then

The U.S won=U.S has no war crimes. Its quite simple rly

School these days is complete shit apparently. HISTORY LESSON::::

We estimated losing 100's of thousands of troops in a main land invasion of Japan. American lives saved vs a couple hundred thou japs. War ended best scenario played.

Remember when they attacked a MILITARY target?
lol come on, guy.

So it's ok to murder hundreds of thousands of civilians if you give fair warning?
So that logic stands is ISIS told emerica they would do the same if we didn't surrender?

And you'll have to explain how the japanese MILITARY committing war crimes means that what the americans did to CIVILIANS wasn't.

Give it your best shot

Rules and laws are just rules and laws if someone is there to enforce them.

The enforcers are the once with power to do so. Alas the same ones that can break them without consequences.

So kids, todays lesson: Don't follow rules and laws, never trust or follow authority.

If Nazi Germany had won the war nothing they would have done would be considered war crimes.
It's not fair, but what in life is?

Simple reasoning was it was for the greater good. Estimates for losses in a land invasion of Japan were over one million lives.

Yeah that's what they teach in american schools. Other people maintain that the japanese had already begun overtures of cessation through acceptable surrender by sending out diplomats.

It's not really relevant.
I mean if a warlord commits genocide so that they don't have to keep fighting a war for years on end at the cost of many lives, is that not a war crime?

>They were legit military targets due to dispersed Jap war industries.

>Learn 2 history, not emotions.

That's emotions talking. "We can't be the bad guys".

USA nuked hundreds of thousends of people because they saw a powerful enemy.

Compare to kicking the bigger guy in the balls to not get beaten up.

See

Anyone who would start a thread like this is probably a Eurocuck who would be speaking German right now if not for our "war crimes"

So when someone invades the US, they should nuke us first to save the lives of their troops?

See

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Downfall

>weak enemy willing to kill it's own people by the millions to avoid surrendering

lol as if the germans weren't all but beaten by the time the US entered the war. AS if the US had much at all to do with the german's defeat.

Learnt to history dumbshit

>they forced us to drop those bombs
Nah,
that was just laziness, cowardice, and being cheap.

I don't say it was a bad choice - but never forget it was laziness, cowardice, and cheapness. Be proud of that.

.....yeah, there would have been a big fight.
Already covered that.
Try again

We didnt win shit moron
England and Russia did. We were allies.
Stop perpetuating american exceptionalism

>Two hundred thousands of innocent die.

>We invade Japan and instead millions millions die of injury, starvation, disease, etc.

Pick one OP

oh so we have to play fair but they dont have to?
the gooks murdered plenty of civies too, but hey i guess the chinese arent worth as much as the japs huh?
tell me something pal, do you think that if the japanese had won, that when they invaded our country they wouldnt have done the same shit they did in china? it's very clear that they have no respect for the most basic human rights. so why should we have been merciful
give me a reason
see

Every country bombed civilian targets with air raids during WW2 therefore everyone committee warcrimes.

honestly yeah unless they want to lose millions of troops

>kill it's own people by the millions

Do you mean kamikaze? Do you mean soldiers?
That's people sacrificing themselves for their country - bigger, better, prouder, and more dangerous than Americans - more dangerous.

So the US started to kill their families instead.

icrc.org/applic/ihl/ihl.nsf/Treaty.xsp?documentId=AE2D398352C5B028C12563CD002D6B5C&action=openDocument

Text of the Fourth Geneva Convention, where specific provisions for civilians in combat zones are addressed.

According to the text, armies must take every precaution to minimize civilian casualties, but killing civilians in combat zones is not a war crime UNLESS the civilians themselves were targeted.

Whether that is right or not... I can only offer this question as an answer: will you not attack the infrastructure that supports your enemy's war machine, like industrial facilities and rail lines, because civilians will be affected? You effectively cripple your own ability to fight a war.

The difference between and American bombing of Japanese cities with devastating fire and atomic bombs is that the American targets were industrial centers, whereas that Chinese baby is not a military target no matter how you spin it.

In this thread butthurt weeaboos get mad at America for blowing up parts of their beloved new culture

Hitter was pissing on England's front lawn by the time we showed up faggot.

"Straif anything that moves."- Winston Churchill

ITT: pasta infants

do you even understand what war is?
Innocent people die every day
get over it

ITT: 14-20 year old liberal faglord wrestles with another daily existential crisis stemming from spoon fed white guilt. Resonable anons will explain to him the terms of total war/ the state of nature in which we are all participants. Libfag will belch circular reasoning based entirely on white guilt/other emotions until thread 404's. Libfag is one day closer to total social cuck.

Oh my god you're right.

And if you get in a fight and the other guy starts stabbing bystanders to make you stop fighting then you should start stabbing some bystanders of your own.

You fucking halfwit.

>duh japaense was bad guys so it's ok if you butcher women and children

You're done.

yeah and a lotta good that did em huh

We could've won the war without the bombs, but it would've cost tens of thousands of US soldier's lives. We originally intended to drop one on an uninhabited island as a shock and awe type of thing, but the weather was no good. If you want to talk war crimes, look at what the Japs did in ww2.

see

You think nukes was our worst war crime? Try the Doolittle raids, or ask Dresden.

Again, greater good

The subjective argument of the losing side. " we were already going to surrender"

If so they would have surrendered after the first bombing, not the second, which was three days after the first

>every precaution to minimize civilian casualties

You'll have to explain how dropping a nuke falls under that category.

And sure that's provision is fine for "precision" bombing. But when you go into it with full knowledge that thousands of civilians are going to be killed that's a bit of a different situation, yes?

And if you remember, the geneva convention began after the second world war.
Maybe there was a reason for that....

sounds Fair and reasonable......but they will cry "war crimes" because they would be the victims

So a Tsar Bomb on Boston is OK because Boston Dynamics is there.

Good to know.

Sigh. Again, learn to history

It's not a war crime when the "victims" aren't human.

England and Russian weren't even fighting Japan dumbass

>What is D-Day
You hadn't even stepped foot on the European mainland, dipshit.
>HURR DURR BIASED AMERICAN EDUCUCKSHUN, OUR EDUCATION ISN'T BIASED AT ALL

so again i'll say
it's okay for the japs to kill civilians and infants, but it's not okay for us to cripple their war effort
please tell me how the chinese baby in posed a threat
if they dont care about civies why the fuck should we

the allies won the war, including the americans. He was right. I get your point but don't be retarded.

So?
It was still laziness, cowardice, and cheapness.

You are defending it with "arguments" that have nothing to do with what the post you quoted.

Have a difficult time with being a lazy, cheap coward? And realizing that your country and people also are lazy, cheap cowards?

Technically, Japan and USA are still at war.

Enough to make the Americans piss their pants apparently.

You must be about 11

Would you rarher send thousand of US soldiers to their death, or kill some innocent Japs and end the war? Truman made the right call. When you chop wood, chips fly.

He said "the war" you stupid fuck.
Germany loses, therefore Japan loses

You must be about 11

Then tell us all please, how would you deal with an aggressor of that size, with their resources, with that level of determination? Throw more young men into a bloody stalemate? Give in and let your culture and country die?

Do yourself a favor user, grow up.
You're a smart kid.

right..what a dumb yank....

America only turned up after the war was being won (after battle of Britain not before) and that is when the Germans were being pushed back.

America always turns up after all the hard work has been done to make out like they are the hero..... But bet you did not know American Banks Financed Hitler from the start or Coca Cola still sent and received both money and product from Germany or the Fact America helped Germany build their Navy both politically, financially and with materials

But that is not what you want to remember

>I don't say it was a bad choice - but never forget it was laziness, cowardice, and cheapness. Be proud of that.

I honestly think the bombs saved lives in the end.. Forgive me if I am wrong, but wasn't it MacArthur who wanted to do a massive mainland invasion of Japan? It would have been one of the world largest invasions ever in history. Millions of soldiers, bullets, and bombs for a war that was going on for too long already. American's were tired of fighting in Europe and wanted the war in the Pacific over asap too, consider this. Do you think Japan would have given out weapons just as Nazi Germany had done to it's citizens to "protect" their land from the foreign invaders? How many more would have died?

>Stop perpetuating american exceptionalism

America contributed virtually nothing of any consequence against Germany. The Russians won the war, with little help form anyone else. The atomic bombs were criminal acts by a late-arriving participant who knew they could not ultimately defeat the Japanese (and actually were more intended to intimidate Stalin). No invasion of Japan by the Americans was going to happen, because they knew it would fail, and fail badly.

Smart enough to read?
>I don't say it was a bad choice - but never forget it was laziness, cowardice, and cheapness. Be proud of that.

Nope. They bombed Pearl Harbor as a sneak attack and got what they deserved. It was a fast way to end the war and save American lives. They killed deliberately and without care our people. Civilians with woman and children were killed, they raped and killed missionaries that were on islands in the Philippians and that is just for starters. For a country that is supposedly hold honer in high esteem, they have no honer as far as I am concerned.

He didn't specify if it was the whole global conflict or just the war against Japan

No because it stopped many more from dying, including Americans. It was the morally correct option.

If we didn't do what we did the world would be run by Hitler.
You are dumb.

kek, really?
You realise that Britain was the strongest power in the world?
The British Empire was at its strongest after WW1 and was still pretty strong by the time WW2 started.
Despite this, the USA did help. But there main focus was Japan, obviously.
Don't inflate the US's contribution. It just takes away from their real achievements...
Ignoring the huge amount of war crimes committed, obviously.

Cant tell if you agree or not. Sounds like it. You are making my point.

>managed to fend of an assailant despite having most of your infrastructure crippled by infrastructure
>we totally had the resources to invade on our own guys, I swear, we were winning?
Deluded as fuck.
Also not denying the latter portion. You see a way to make a profit you take that god damn it, but that's a moral debate, not a factual one, unless you wanna be a whiny fucking cuck.

wow retard alert.. England was fighting the Japanese moron as was ALL pacific colonies...you are the dumbest fuck I have ever heard...seriously I am impressed at HOW retarded

>infrastructure crippled by air raids*

sure- typical brittard
i wonder what you don't want to remember?
something about hitler's sentimental delays?
something about little/no RAF at the time?
remember this:
you're only speaking english still bc king jerry was ethnically soft on anglos and gave you cunts a respite.

You know that the Soviet Union offered to help with Japan?
They would have successfully invaded Japan. Hell, they pretty much invaded all of Europe

Yes, they are. Then they won and pardoned themselves. That's war buddy. War isn't hell for anyone except the troops. Other than that it's just long range politics

who cares

they were dinks that attacked us and got what they deserved, just like the nazis.

idiot he talks about the japs now gtfo

This.

wow retard.. you have gotten North Korea mixed up....Japan signed a declaration of surrender...MORON

Korean war on the other hand is still in a cease fire..

LEARN THE FACTS DUMBASS

yeah but we're still #1 baby

Actually Brittan was being bombed by Germany when the US entered the war. We did not focus on Japan until after the defeat of Germany. Good god what fucked up shit history guessing are they teaching you in school.

Yes, I understand the Geneva Conventions are a response to the tactics practiced during WWII. I also understand that the U.S. is one of the countries that never ratified the Fourth Geneva Convention. Nevertheless, this is how the nations of the world now regard warfare. The text essentially sanctions bombing civilian centers if it is done for the purpose of attacking military targets (insurgents holed up in a city block, for example, or factories producing weapons and ammunition).

Before the Geneva Conventions it was basically a free-for-all, and that's how they fought the wars. Until the First World War you couldn't bring your weapons to attack large civilians centers unless it was a siege, and the Nazis were the first to bomb civilian centers with the aim of breaking the people's will to fight.

Dropping a nuke makes a lot of sense from a strategic point because you can completely destroy industrial infrastructure with relatively minimal effort (one bomb from one plane, as opposed to hundreds of bombs from dozens of planes).

And as you point out, specific provisions against such tactics were taken in direct response to their use in the war, including limitations on use of nuclear weapons, but note that the Geneva Conventions do not strictly forbids targeting of civilians centers because everyone understands it would severely limit their ability to fight wars.

Can anyone tell me why japan attacked pearl harbor in the first place?

Lollll americuck detected

Fucking

What the fuck

Can you read?
People are clearly asking you what method would have been better. Reiterating what you said over and over is not an acceptable answer.

What method would have been better to end the war as effectively as dropping bombs did.

Back your shit up faggot

Umm if you are killing 1/5 the amount that would die if you directly invaded... Yes

> the world would be run by Hitler

Another stupid yank. By the time the Amis could be bothered to show up, Hitler was already doomed. The only thing, and I do mean ONLY thing the Americans accomplished in Europe was in helping preventing the Red Army from liberating all of it. Even then, their incompetence nearly lost the war in the Western front on more than one occasion in 1944.

>not smart enough to green text properly

Lazy? Can you even begin to comprehend the amount of resource that had to go into the Manhattan Project? During a time a war no less.
Cheap? See above.
Cowardice? Implying that it's bravery and not insanity to draft a third of your labor force, real fucking people who, mind you, 4 years earlier were under a government who wanted NOTHING to do with war and took every reasonable action to avoid it?!
What fucking people have you been talking to? Or are you just so determined to hate your past that you're willing to ignore the fact there is reason behind all actions?

>Compare to kicking a guy in the nuts
You know, if some crazy fuck came at me screaming about how he was gonna march his boots all over my face, I think a boot to the nuts is fair play.

I am British.
The Americans joined the war in 1941, two years after the start, but still 4 years before the end.
Don't inflate Britains role in the war. It is stupid when Americans do it, and t is stupid when you do it.

Why do you think America never ratified the treaty of Rome and isn't part of the ICC

An American-led oil embargo. Their intent was to knock out the American navy so it could not interfere in their plans to capture the oil fields in the Dutch East Indies.

Are you fucking retarded? We nuked them because it would have an estimated millions of lives not because they were more powerful than us (they weren't anyway)