What's your favorite movie right now Sup Forums

What's your favorite movie right now Sup Forums

Prob 10 Cloverfield Lane atm

Frozen

Field rations are running dangerously low. Thusly, I've made the determination that, if need be, if faced with starvation, we will cook and eat Chaka. I've been thinking about this a lot, actually. If Chaka meat were the secret ingredient on Iron Chef, I'm sure Bobby Flay would probably serve it with roasted red peppers and a dash of cumin and a braised polenta. It wouldn't be an easy thing to do, but if you slow roast the little guy, I'm sure that Chaka meat would just fall right off the bone.

pedo

Excellent movie.

10 Cloverfield Lane is REALLY standing out in my mind.
Seems like Abrams has a knack for rebuilding shitty things into something really good.

Love that movie. Somehow, Let Me In was just terrible.

Somewhat new to you, or you never fell out of love with it?

Surprisingly good, right? It had the advantage of following the supremely awful Cloverfield though.

Never fell out of love with, most of my favourite movies I've seen several times

Oh, I never answered. Not sure that I can though. Let's go with Wanderlust, but it's certainly not my all-time fav.

Such a great book as well

Have to respect it. Holy Grail is just amazing, especially considering they kind of pioneered my favorite brand of comedy.

Didn't see someone already post about it. Cool.
I think even without the shitty Cloverfield, Goodman alone would still have made it a masterpiece.
His acting is Grade A and I was surprised at how okay I was with all the cliffhangers and unexplained things that the movie left me with.
Shamala Ding Dong needs to learn a few things about ambiguous endings to movies.

This movie was actually pretty good.

been watching princess bride a bit recently, it's a classic.

longer term favorite is probably drinking buddies

You've already posted it

I've never seen Let The Right One In. I have seen Let Me In Unfortunately.

And considering most comedies are not worth watching twice, even if they are decent

Without knowing what took place in Cloverfield, the ending to 10 C Ln would have really felt out of left field. I have to agree with Goodman's acting. I absolutely love that he's staying relevant at all and putting quality work out there.

If you are into psychological horror then give this one a watch. I was surprised to find out this movie was pretty decent.

The entire movie was out of left field. Aliens on the cliffhanger would have fit right in with it.

SPOILER
How did you react when Howard blasted Emmett in the face?

I consider this to be the most quotable film of all time. Like every line is noteworthy - it's crazy.

I hope you don't let the remake discourage you from seeing the original. Subtitles obviously, and you know what happens, but it truly much better.

Disagree, but I def know where you're coming from. I have the gift of a shotty memory, so I catch jokes the second and third times around with good comedies.

It wasn't bad.
Watch Cinema Sins video covering it and you'll see a lot of really dumb things about it though.

Terrible movie

i like the french version but it does show like 13 yo bush

Not a fan of spoilers, but fuck it, we're on Sup Forums. I saw it coming as soon as Emmett took responsibility. And when the apology was forgiven, I had no doubt about what was about to happen.

ANOTHER TINY SPOILER
I knew he was talking about Santa in the game, but that was such a creepy moment. "I see everything you're doing!"

That's like eating a poptart before you had a Swedish fruit tart

incredibly slow but beautiful

You, sir, have me curious about Swedish fruit tarts.

the american one sucks comparitivly

The premise was good, just shitty actors.

I'm curious why he couldn't say "woman". Little Princess was a real fucking creepy vibe.

Absolute masterpiece

Saw this the otherday, don't know why it gets so much hate. I fokken loved it.

What are you guys talking about? Did someone remake Holy Grail? I Googled quickly, but just saw a documentary.

The nice thing is surreal humour gets better on more viewings, you always miss something

Is this the movie where the guy gets knocked in the fucking head by his water faucet, goes to a doct who sends him to an eye doc who sends him to an ear doct who sends him back to a head doct? Something about his daughter being a model for some African movement shit and his sister-in-law beat the shit out of him. Then trying to create a scale replica of New-York and some guy jumping from a building because he's in love with the main character. Holy fuck. I don't know when I had watched this movie or why I only remember these fucked parts.

I liked it because I'm a fan of Die Antwoord and it had Australian Wolverine in it.

i actually liked it
watched it with my boyfriend and we spent a lot of time talking about the symbolism in it.

fun movie more than anything.

I think people are just tired of Blomkamp, all of his movies are literally just district 9 with a twist

THE FUCKING TALL BASTARD WALKING DOWN THE HALLWAY MADE ME PEE A LITTLE

Well in Catch Phrase and stuff you can't say 'woman' if 'Women' is part of the answer, but still, I thought Little Women was obvious.

I'm curious, because you're the only person I've discussed this with: did you initially believe Goodman, about the outside? Up until she sees his truck, what did you think?

that guy was the most unnerving part holy shit ahaha

Same guy who did Elysium?

sort of, but its more of a character analysis of the viewer. What you take away from the movie is supposed to be a reflection of you if you watch it carefully enough. But yea tldr main char goes through a series of relationships for around 25 years before finally being in a happy marriage for a day before his wife dies, and in that time his first daughter is raised as a child model. Also, a lot of time fuckery happens

I still don't understand this movie but remember it got me thinking

Yeah

Knowing what I did from Cloverfield, yes.
However, I did go back and watch it and tried to shut out everything I knew from Cloverfield as if 10 CL Ln was it's own movie and figured he was crazy until we saw the woman clawing on the window.

Creepy ass sense of clostrophobia

I need to go back and watch it then.

Makes sense.

That's pretty much how it makes me feel. I work in a massive freezer where my sense of sound is cut off by massive fans and I'm moving up and down tightly packed lanes moving inventory. Lots of dead-ends/blockages that I could easily become trapped in. Very unsettling to think about that fucking thing turning a corner at any second and walking towards me.

spoiler:

That's how I saw it. He thought it was nuclear war, not considering aliens. The woman confused me a little. So was she so fucked up and crazy because of the alien gas got her, or just aliens, because the air was fine.

best horror/love story i've seen in 20 years. remake was terrrible.

"It only touched me a little. Please, I'm fine. I promise, just let me in"
Probably just losing her mind because of fucking aliens attacking and her face slightly melting.
You saw what that shit did to the pigs with direct contact.

God tier thriller

>also the pedo scene was kinda hot

True. I like the quotes, do you remember that shit or are you skipping around the movie now?

Also at that point, I didn't know what to think. I had heard that 10 Cl Ln strayed from its predecessor, with no elaboration. I wasn't even convinced aliens would be involved again. In hindsight, that was fucking stupid haha.

I don't remember that...?

you have a good heart user

I remember it. The way she said "It" really stuck out for me.
I didn't wanna call aliens at that point, but not much else it could have been giving the situation.

I think he may be talking about the vamp's "vag" in Let the Right One In...

anyone else seen this? i love it

Yes, Esther seducing 'dad' and even touching his cock through his pants, it's just a quick thing but if you watch that scene again, you will notice it

bet no one noticed that here face is perfectly symmetric.
>copy+paste

My cock is perfectly symmetrical

not if it's forcibly... removed.