Sup Sup Forums, oldfag here, should I break up with my girlfriend of 10 years and move overseas? 30 yr old beta here

Sup Sup Forums, oldfag here, should I break up with my girlfriend of 10 years and move overseas? 30 yr old beta here.

Just did exactly the same thing last year. Fiance of 10 years etc. Yeah it sucks at first but holy shit I've never been happier :)
If you are at this point already, go for it.

thanks bro, been thinking about it for a few years, sex has gone to shit and I'm pretty unhappy. Just wondering if thats normal or if its a shit relationship.

Hetero relationships don't usually last more than 5 years without becoming toxic.

I feel there is damn truth to this.

Yeah I got you. What people don't understand is that after 10 years, you know what hard times looks like. People tried to give me advice about "hard times in a relationship ". They didn't understand that when you realize that you're no longer happy with this person, it's deeper than that

let dubs decide

Oh and one more thing that pissed me off about the whole thing. Love is NOT enough. You can love each other but have nothing in common. That whole "love is all you need" line is what kept me from pulling the trigger for at least a year and a half.

thats exactly it, my friends think I'm an idiot. They dont understand I'm actually unhappy.... its frustrating as they shrug off my questions, after maybe 18 months of trying to reach out to them I'm here now....

so true. I'm comfortable, I'm not happy.... am I just privileged? Or is it an unhappy relationship? I think both... but I want to be happy.

dubs I put it off for another week like the total fucking beta I am and trips I tell her to fuck off

rolling for trips. if you're asking on Sup Forums then you already know what you need to do.

Hold on dude, set up a safety net first. Let your family know that you're breaking up with her. Likewise any friends that you think can set aside the bullshit and actually be there for you.

after ten years is family a good first person to tell?

if you have to ask Sup Forums yep!

yeh I guess thats /thread isnt it..... sigh. Thanks bros

It scared the shit outta me but yeah. My mom and brothers all just wanted me to be happy. It turned out that they actually didn't like her very much but figured that after 10 years, they were stuck with her lol. Plenty of my family stayed in touch with her and that's cool. After that long I still want her to be happy in life, I just can't be in that future with her. You'll be surprised :)

But friends are a different story. You will lose friends. It'll happen. I'm sorry ahead of time but fuck man if you're leaving the country then who gives a fuck

righteous dubs

Thats really cool about your family. This was a big concern for me and if thats the extent of how your family dealt with it then thats great. I mean I like her and have many memories together... I just dont believe I can do the future together. I want to go overseas again, but I'd rather stay there. My gf is considering how she would uproot.... I would rather she didnt and stayed here. Craziest rhing is its the best relationshio Ive ever had but can you really compare any relationship with crazy sub 20 chicks with someone more stable?

It's not comparable. But she's not the only one you can have that stability with. I didn't tell you how it worked out.
A hot 25 year old from one of my D&D groups actually came over and became super close after the break up. Turns out she always had a crush on me and we actually have a ton in common. My family loves her and I have a new, happier lease on life

Thats really really cool Sup Forumsro. I dont doubt eventually I can get on with life again. I honestly dont even know why Im still nmaking excuses. I should probably wait till Im sober again though. Thanks Sup Forumsro. I'd give you my fedora if I owned one. Shame my own real life mates arent this understanding

Be happy. If you think that leaving her is one way to be, do it. Maybe it's gonna be hard at first, but it could eventually make you happier, or maybe getting back together for the better.

Plus, you'll see Who are your real friends. Be happy, dude.

Oh shit no dude I lost a bunch of friends who turned out they preferred drama over long-lasting friendship. But looking back, I'd do it again

I honestly dont know when Sup Forums became so supportive, but your getting me right in the feels man. Cheers.

Alright brotha, I'm going back to sleep. I hope my experience helped. Good luck man, you are getting ready to write a new chapter in your life. Make it good :)