Give me one reason why Doom 2016 isn't the best FPS of the past five years?

Give me one reason why Doom 2016 isn't the best FPS of the past five years?

>Return to it's roots ultra fast paced FPS
>Incredible graphics, gorgeous art design, not desaturated to shit like every other modern FPS
>Story is ignored in favor of badass over the top action and smooth game play that rewards being as aggressive as possible instead of hiding behind corners like a little pussy
>Huge sprawling levels loaded with secrets to keep you coming back
>God tier OST that manages to surpass even the orginal while still staying true to the series
>The return of the OG bad mothafucka, Literally the most badass, no fucks given protagonist in gaming history, DOOM GUY.

Name one flaw, other than the meh multiplayer developed by a different shitty team. The campaign is literally flawless.

>Pic related as fuck, fan art I'm working on for the game.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oXp8Th41rBs
twitter.com/AnonBabble

i fukd ur mom last night

this guy has a point

Soundtrack could use better direction, but it flowed nicely throughout the game. The glory kill system is pretty game-breaking, and really shouldn't be in the game. The levels droops after the halfway point too.

I thought the glory kills would be shitty, but they're so fast (and satisfyingly brutal) that I found myself loving them honestly

yeah dont shoot up ur school mr linkin park boy

tearing a 10 foot tall demon's arm off and using it to bash his skull in is probably a lot more satisfying than shooting some stupid autistic kid

I was a big fan of the Originals (Doom, Doom2) but since then I've disliked most of sequels. I like the original Quake games as well, even Q3A, but that was like 15 fucking years ago.

Doom 2016 is the first FPS I've legitimately enjoyed in the last 10 years. Well, not entirely, Far Cry 3 and 4 were good, and some of the CoD series was well made... but there just hasn't been a good 'ole ass-kicking FPS like this in a long while.

TF2 was a decent attempt but the cartoony graphics just made it dull. TFC was one of my favorite games ever, but TF2 just didn't quite have it all.

Doom 2016 though... fuck me. I can't stop playing this shit, even though I'm now an oldfag with shit reflexes and no skill.

yeah but u couldnt do tht in real life idiot i would beat u up at recess

Dude, the fucking Chainsaw. That's all I'm gonna say.

I didn't even read your whole post. Doom is the best fps since HL2

Same, dude. The originals were before my time, but my dad was a gamer and so I grew up on Doom and Halo:CE and classic FPSs and I fucking hate most modern FPS games. For the longest time I only ended up playing RPGs, Dark Souls in particular, but man. Doom 2016 has reignited my love for shooting shit to death.

They are rage; Brutal, without mercy.. but you. You will be worse. Rip and tear, until it is DONE.

literally the best introduction to a game since... ever. in the first five seconds you feel like a fucking badass. By the time your halfway through the game, you feel like a fucking god of death.

Insane replayability, snapmap underrated toer, multiplayer feels like quake, GOD TIER

I wish snapmap had more freedom. It's produced by bethesda and ID, here's to hoping they let us go fucking insane with mods. Coop campaign would be fucking awesome too

It's amazing how the multiplayer is the worst part of this game and it's still better than most modern multiplayer FPSs

But user kun
>muh framerate
The fact that there isnt any splitscreen couch co op is garbage tier

It's a pretty refreshing AAA revival of the arena shooter. Just... wish it was executed slightly better and it could have been amazing.

tbf, Doom is one of the few cases where a high framerate is actually a HUGE deal. not that it's any less annoying...

I have no problems with framerate at all, and I'm running 1440p. I haven't played a game this well optimized in years.

Yeah, but in all honesty i could sacrifice it to play with a friend and have some brews imo

>static rifle

Am I the only one that feels that the multilayer for doom is full of complete pushover retards who couldn't defend themselves from a paper bag?

Have him bring his box over and do it oldschool lan style.

IPX setup bro.

Campaign was fun as fuck.
Multiplayer was alright.
Snapmap was cool, but could be a little more expansive.
Soundtrack was awesome.

9/10 allow splitscreen coop campaign and deathmatch and you've got yourself a 10.

He's right you know
>TracyMorgan.jpg

agreed. 10/10 if we're judging just by the single player.

cause Overwatch d00d XD

Doom 3 had co-op campaign on Xbox live, I miss that

>overwatch

>multiplayer feels like quake
Feels like garbage.

i fucking DESPISE Overwatch. I don't even know why. I haven't played it, and only seen a little bit of gameplay, but it physically makes me want to vomit that such a mediocre unoriginal game is so ridiculously popular while legitimate god tier games like Dark Souls 3 and Doom are overshadowed.

I legitmently couldn't tell the difference between Battleborn and Overwatch for a while. That's sad.

maybe you could play reaper while you listen to linkin park! would that be fun for you?

You can play purist deathmatch on snapmap.

Serious talk, I felt the same way all the way up until the release day when I gave in and bought it, mostly for the Diablo III Mercy wings.
But after trying it out I'm kinda hooked. It's got the fast paced action of an FPS combined with the teamplay and ultimate-big-plays of a MOBA.

I hear it's more fun than to watch, but any thing I've watched looks so mind numbingly boring. I would try it if a friend had it maybe but I'm not dropping 40 bucks on it.

Dark souls 3 sucks ass because of all the elitist shit suckers and the fucking retarded done-to-death memes. lol praise da sun xD!! The fanbase killed the game.

Were not talking about real life. Its a fucking game, unrealistic things happen

Why the fuck does the fanbase matter on a basically single player game? Even the multiplayer has next to no player communication. Suck it up and quick being a little faggot.

youtube.com/watch?v=oXp8Th41rBs
>note the fact they were able to message him :^)
Also, way to prove my point that its fanbase are fucking dickheads :^)