1. Language you are learning

1. Language you are learning
2. Anki, Memrise, paper flashcards, or other/nothing?

Other urls found in this thread:

research.googleblog.com/2016/09/a-neural-network-for-machine.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

1. Rust
2. Emacs

>french
>charles berlitz book

I'm actually searching for a good material to learn, french in killing me. Some things are related to english, and others to portuguese, it should be easy but it's been a challenge.

nothing, just browse randomly at int generals. Flashcards are only good for learning alphabet/kanji/radicals but for the rest is shit

Japanese
anki and wanikani for vocab, genki for grammar

Chinese

using Sinolingua books, Glossika and various apps

I have a hard time managing my timethough

>1. Language you are learning
Chinese
>2. Anki, Memrise, paper flashcards, or other/nothing?
Used to study abroad. Now I mainly talk/chat with grills, and sometimes send/receive letters and postcards.
I also listen to lots of chinese music, which helped me remember stuff after I moved back to Sweden.
When I need to translate something I use an app called Hanping chinese dictionary. Google Translate sucks.

Memrise

Don't you think the recent changes to Google Translate for Chinese improved it?

Has it gotten better? It's been a while since I used it.

Yes, they vastly improved the translations for Chinese to English with fancy neural networks.
research.googleblog.com/2016/09/a-neural-network-for-machine.html

hanping is nice though because you can handwrite and it gives you the meaning word by word, google translate sometimes makes weird associations between words

You use google translate to find the translation of words and sentences. If you want to know the specific hanzi meaning and writing then other tools are better, like hanping. Likewise I use jisho for looking up the various meanings of kanji.

but chinese works in a way that knowing the words is knowing the sentence in most cases

Exactly. But creating a good flowing English sentence out of it is very hard for computers. You don't expect google translate to just output the meanings of the hanzi in a list.

well no, that's why I think google translate is kind of pointless for Chinese when word by word translation by dictionary is enough.

Again, people want sentence translation, you know better to use a dictionary.

stupid frog

1. Korean
2. Anki almost entirely

No grammar? :^)

1. Japanese
2. Fucking everything

Shits hard

it's only hard when ur dum

I don't have any friends or any time or any intelligence. Can learn to speak a second language.

1.Japanese
2.texbooks + anki + lang-8