Okay friends, ask a millionaire time

okay friends, ask a millionaire time

serious questions only, i legitimately like to give advice and answer sensible questions; begging will be moderately laughed at

can i have 10 dollars

nah. anything career/investing/etc. you'd like some help with?

can i have 10 dollars

what is going to a synagogue like you filthy jew

how much did you start out with?

Can i have 60 dollars for Dark souls 3?

agnostic, bordering on atheist. raised catholic, went to a few presbyterian churchy youth groups as a teenager.

very little. my dad worked in a glass factory. mom was a housewife. lower middle class, but comfortable.

Do you haff money?

howd you do it? How can i turn my shit life around?

How much did you start investing with? Any general advice to growing wealth in the beginning stages?

nah. seriously, you don't have any real questions?

what do you mostly invest in?
what do you think is the safest to invest in?

I have a few grand to invest in something. What should I invest it in? I play around with the stock market, nothing much gained to be honest. I need to diversify I guess. How do I grow my monies?

i started my own company, and sold it. but that's the effect; the cause was getting interested in math at a young age, working at it, learning skills (coding, etc.) on my own time, getting into a good school, and so on.

never work for someone else if you can avoid it.

comparably little of my wealth is from investing, it's mostly from the sale of my company. investing is really a maintenance thing.

my advice for starting out:
1. you're at an information asymmetry with just about everyone. therefore, put it in mutual funds, indexes, and spiders. vanguard is great for this.
2. if you happen to really, really, REALLY know a sector, focus solely on that. but again, read #1.
3. if you really, really, REALLY know a sector and you've got balls, learn options trading and how to cover your downside.

i mostly invest in the sectors i know inside and out (tech) and leave the rest in betterment for retirement, as well as some vanguard index funds.

How strong of an investment is SWHC?

depends if it's long-term or short-term. long term, again, indexes and spiders.

short-term, i think there's some good plays if you pay attention to macro trends. for example, everyone knows cable is going away, right? so short DSNY, as ESPN is going to hurt them real bad

Holy fuck you are my hero you are my new god you sir are my true love.
>7 years in this hellhole of the internet
>seen many threads come and go
>seen a LOT of screen caps of phones
>every single one has been almost dead
>none ever fully charged
>untill today
>you are the greatest OP in the history of screen caps
>The first and only to own a phone charger
>I love you.

Advice for someone who read your post and doesn't understand a single word you just said?

ha, don't know much about it, but i suppose buying that as well as gold is basically shorting the entire USA, so maybe it's not a bad play

a lot of people much smarter than me are really worried about china, and if china pops, we're all fucked

then honestly, maybe investing isn't right for you at this moment. you don't want to get hurt.

i don't want to sound like a dick, but people get hurt bad in finance when they don't know what they're doing. the best thing you can do with that money is invest in yourself; start a business.

thank you, thank you, you are far too kind

actually, thank my girlfriend, she has like fifteen of them laying around because i always lose them

The prophet has spoken!
>all hail the girlfriend of 15 chargers!

>invest in yourself

How?

Are you white?
Also GIVE me some money bro.

i'm a big of arbitrage businesses. for example:

step 1: go to costco. buy 5 30 cases of water for $3 each.
step 2: go to public park, sell water for $1.
step 3: take $135 profit, buy lunch, buy gas for car, repeat.

pretty simple. you do it right, easily $150-$200 cash, untaxed, every day.

i'm 6'4" and can't dance worth shit, so yes, i'm white.

probably half a mil. it's was a very small loan tho

>spiders

I hope that 'putting your money in spiders' means exactly what I think it means.

ahem. one, don't answer for me. and two, certainly don't answer with some bullshit like that.

i started off with zero. my family didn't even pay for me to go to school, i was on scholarship and work study.

and three, go fuck yourself.

How much do you attribute white privilege to your success?

Scholarship as in some sort of fafsa Pell Grant or did you actually earn it?

>acting like other people don't sell water bottles at football games
>implying you'll sell all the water bottles
>assuming people go to the park

ha, that would be some charlie from always sunny shit.

no, spiders are basically index funds that generally represent the health of the market at large. risk is way lower, as is the reward.

nigur duck off with ur white superiority bullshit. I'll speak when and how I qant. u gay asss ain't gonna do shit duck country ass "lower class" bitch. go on a trap bread where u belong autismo.

all of it.

hmm, that's actually a good question. a decent amount. i grew up in a nice area of my town, was lucky enough to be in a great school district.

it was lily ass white, and i really didn't know how much of a bubble i was in until college. my freshman year roommate (and best friend to this day) was a black muslim pre-med from new york city. just in the various day-to-day stuff of getting lunch and hanging out, you wouldn't believe the racist shit i personally witnessed directed towards him. it was pretty gross.

being white certainly didn't make it all happen for me, but i'd be lying if i said that it doesn't make it easier. ditto being male, ditto being tall.

Hey user, you sound a little like Elon Musk, But what was your first company you started and what would you suggest i start in a more modern Economy

Im wanting to buy a small house or condo soon. How much money would I need to make hourly at fulltime in order to be able to pay for a mortgage, car, and all other necessities?

Listen here buddy, I may not be a millionaire, but I'm pretty sure that a spider is a type of arachnid that can make webs and sometimes bite people.

Putting money into one of these octopedal little guys, that's just a smart way to avoid getting fucked by bank fees and the IRS. Nobody ever checks the spiders.

that is your net worth? savings account?

the NY department of sanitation is going to hurt ESPN? oh, wait, that's a stock. okay. yeah, that's nice what you're doing, but Sup Forums browsers are usually beyond helping

>I am a white tall male with a huge fat cocktail and I definitely didn't photshop op picture and I am the best and learn everything from me u pleb fagita bc I think I and better than u. duck my dick and eat shit wlhomos.

Did you go to uni?
If so, what was your major/masters in?

half academic, maybe a quarter was covered because of my somewhat modest family roots. the rest was work study; i was an assistant on the track team and did shit like putting hurdles away and worked track meets.

I'm glad you can actually recognize that it's a mixture of both.
People always get really defensive about that shit.

>acting like he wasn't just trying to give and example

fine, here's a better example:

>be on a college campus

it's may, seniors are moving out. buy up all of their air conditioners from their dorms. they won't move with them. you'll get them for cheap.

pay some frat house $100 to let you store the shit in their basement. or get a locker unit.

in september, sell a/c units to freshman.

>Acting like that moron was capable of conceiving that

Warning, must have cash to invest!
So save up niggers

i started businesses all my life, it's just a part of who i am. lemonade stands when i was a kid, for example.

when i graduated, went straight into startups. first i was employee #30, then employee #4 at my next one, then started mine.

so i guess to answer your question, first one was probably like 8, but the company i sold, i started at 26.

what ratio of bonds, stocks and cash do you recommend maintaining in portfolio for next 12 months?

are you a savy saver? (i.e. takes napkins from places instead of buys their own)
Do you believe in the phase "save 15%" or do you believe you just spend less and didnt really "save" money?

hard to say without knowing the price of the house, but i can say that (generally speaking) home ownership is a solid investment.

particularly if you can fix it up yourself, and/or rent it out and take advantage of inflation or tax abatements.

What are you invested in now?

What should i put all my money in right now?

that's robinhood, a mobile app that keeps track of my portfolio and lets me dick around with some simple trades. that's probably about 30% of my liquid net, the rest is in retirement accounts and mutual funds.

i have a ton of illiquid money tied up in the company that bought mine, which is a bummer. ipo market sucks.

yes. computer science with business minor.

acting like ur a gay fag

oh wait ur not acting

Nigger just how autistic are you?

>Not using le maymay arrows
>Thinking gay is an insult

Looking at an investment property by using approximately 50k equity from our house.
The investment property is positive geared and pays for itself.

Is this a wise move or should me and the wife keep paying our current home loan and forget about investing until the mortgage is paid? (I'm 31 she's 29 no kids, 2 wages approx 10 years to go on our loan)

hmm. cash is king, so put 50% in some sort of high-interest checking on ally or capital one or something. keep it liquid until china cools down.

from there, split between bonds and stocks, unless you really know a certain sector to focus on.

ur butthole user. usually they are a bit tight but u can sometimes save a whole ton of cash in their so when u the apoloclyse comes, u can battle the Jews with shekels of ur own. #opsuckadick

So i just graduated high school what would be my best bet to make money

probably way less autismo than u fagburch

i'm actually not. i'm somewhat undisciplined to spending and always have been.

thankfully, right now i'm making more than i could ever realistically spend without dramatically changing my lifestyle. i like nice things (going out to dinner a lot, vacations, etc.) but when i do those things, i don't need them to be like, first class all the way. so it's sort of in the middle.

>plying I wanted to use arrows
>thinking being a fag is OK even tho it's the current year

>Not having dubs like me

lots of long-term tech, actually. most of the portfolio in the top image is literally GOOG, AAPL, AMZN, and a few others.

they're all great companies, and even better, the average person loves them. it's a win win.

depends on what your goals are. what are they?

So other than having a company then selling such as yourself. How should someone venture into long-term investments? Short-term?

hmm. that's a good question.

if you feel pretty comfortable with your job stability and hers, go for it. i like investment properties a lot, especially if you feel there's a very low probability of not being able to rent it out.

i guess what i'd say is focus more on the bad things that can happen, and then figure out how bad they'd be. you always want to consider your downside.

getting a job in tech. seriously.

i can't stress this enough: get a 401k and start contributing to it immediately. IMMEDIATELY. compound interest is your friend.

no not having dubs like me

What's the next google?

my personal opinion is that investing is very irrational, due to retail investors (think your mom and dad) and high-frequency traders like hedge funds who manipulate stocks just for the sake of making money off of the small movements.

therefore, there isn't really a "short-term" strategy unless you know inside information. almost all day traders eventually get busted out.

i can't see any company going IPO any time soon, so it's hard to say.

as far as private companies, palantir is fucking massive and is going to be even bigger in time. blue apron is an interesting one too.

i'm curious to see what uber's eventual IPO will look like. it'll set the stage for the tech market for the next decade to come.

I'm currently a drug dealer, 24yo, and have owned and operated two successful businesses in different industries (and sold for a good profit on both.) I want to start investing some spare money in stocks.

The way I have my life set up now is I do minimal work and make $750-1200 weekly. However I want to start trading stocks and learning the industry. Please direct the next courses of action for me to take.

This may also shape your advice - I don't have any savings right now as I recently got robbed by some fucking somalians (spoiler, not pirates but quite the cunts when they know you have money stashed.) So I can't dump a large sum of money in, just a percentage of what I'm making weekly.

ah shit, i didn't answer the long-term half of your question.

honestly, 99% of people are best off just buying mutual funds and letting vanguard do it for you. and that's the honest truth. for long-term stability, do shit like that and pay into your 401k as soon and as much as you can.

Op do you like to gamble at all?

hmm. a lot going on here.

what i would probably do is take some khan academy courses on finance, and then set up some mock portfolios on yahoo finance or elsewhere and just see how they do. start to learn how to read sec filings, p/e ratios, stuff like that.

but again, forewarned, the market isn't really rational, because there's so much more information available than there was before. it used to be (like twenty years ago) that you could really look at balance sheets and cash flows and pick a winner stock. now, not so easy.

yes. i was actually a really high stakes DFS player until it was shut down in my state - i was probably making 100k/year off that alone.

i dig blackjack a lot too, as it's basically math. used to be decent at poker but haven't played in a while, that was always more of a social thing.

I make a decent amount of money but learning about stocks and smart investing seems like a very trial and error heavy business. So far I have about 5K invested in mutual funds for my RRSP (Canada) and another 10K in a lower risk mutual fund. I'm already living in regret for not pulling the trigger on buying TSLA stocks in february when they were down to 145, but I'm not sure where to invest for actually making money in a moderate term. Any suggestions? I'm looking out for my retirement but I'd also like to actually reap some benefits from investing as well.

If your so rich why dont you go do something besides brag on an image board for basment dwellers?

Nice. Have you ever played runescape?

this. op is gay

my girlfriend is asleep, or else i'd fuck her. and i like helping, i really do.

What Is the best safest passive income source? How do I most efficiently buy a passive income?

i can't give you any specific advice like buy company x, because i only really follow tech and the winners i like in tech are the ones everyone already knows. i wish i could be more helpful.

well, i guess i could be more specific; i think based on their domination of logistics, AMZN will be the biggest company in the world within 10 years.

i have no idea what that is, so no.

i was never really into vidya other than sports games (madden, etc.) so that might be why.

Thanks for answering my questions.

I'm not looking to make a lot of money, or a living salary but small profits. I'm motivated to do this because a) I've always wanted to since I was young and b) I want to look like I have a "job." and c) I just have so much free time I need to learn something new.

Any other platforms or apps you'd recommend on top of yahoo finance? Or are they mostly bullshit?

Samefags

Just because you're poor and don't know the difference between "you're" and "your", you have to complain like a bitch when an OP comes in and actually is helpful?

Hmmmm was gonna call you rping wanna be rich fag but you seem to know your shit. Whats a good place to start learning bout investments and such? Always been interested in the stock market.

Btw as a car guy I gotta ask, what do you drive?

safest is ownership (and subsequent rental) of property. beyond that, franchising or stocks that pay our dividends.

That's fair. I've only paid such close attention to tsla simply because it's so volatile. I don't know how I'd feel long term with it, but short term shows a consistency of being able to yield large profits.

Aside from companies, do you have any advice for how to proceed with the spare money I have now? I make about 100k a year give or take, so I can probably spare about 10-15 a year in investments- problem being I have no idea where they should go

Thanks for your advice so far investanon

What kinds of things do you invest in?

Being a *You're kiddie is always synonymous with fedora wearing.