Why are you not vegan?

Why are you not vegan?

There is not a single reason not be.

I challenge you Sup Forums

Other urls found in this thread:

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1371172/French-vegan-couple-face-jail-child-neglect-baby-died-vitamin-deficiency.html
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1691485/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/14600563
journals.cambridge.org/action/displayAbstract?fromPage=online&aid=8207518
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Le government nutrition pyramid from 30+ years ago

Must be true

I'm a vegetarian and I just can't do without cheese, user. I tried, I can't

Same here

and the vegan "cheese" is just pure fat, no thanks

meat tastes good

Then go vegan except for cheese.
Its a shame that you have developed an addiction.

-OP

From what I see, being vegan makes you a miserable retard that demands everybody else be miserable retards with you, and eventually your starved bodies can't even feed your fucking children.
dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1371172/French-vegan-couple-face-jail-child-neglect-baby-died-vitamin-deficiency.html

Because becoming violently ill when you accidentally ingest beef stock doesn't make you the healthiest person in the room, it makes you the faggiest.

Have you ever eaten raw meat?
It tastes disgusting and it would make you sick.
We are not meant to eat that.

Meat tastes good because of seasoning otherwise known as plants.

Humans dont have protein or fat receptors on their tongues.

-OP

then I'm not vegan, just a lacto-vegetarian. I already don't eat eggs and avoid honey.

Shame your a cum grizzling faggot

-Anonymous

Anecdotes are not evidence.

Also the link referenced is a single isolated incident.
There are thousands of children in poor health that are not vegan,

The child was not deficient because he was vegan but because his parents were dumb. The same can happen to non vegan children.

-OP

Then hopefully you can eventually cut it out of your diet.

-OP

What?

-OP

kek'd

Meat is delicious i get stew meat raw and fresh and eat it while i shop. I don't get sick.

Yes, ignore my refutation of your claims and make "x" insult. This just proves that you are wrong and are willfully ignorant.

-OP

You are not a human then

-OP

because i like meat. if i die at 35 or 100 years old it doesn't matter I'll die eventually might as well enjoy hamburgers every once in a while.

i could get ran over, stabbed, shot, poisoned, hit by lightning or anything in the world so i enjoy every day. i hardly limit myself. I'm not some 200 pound fat ass because I'm not suicidal but you probably get what i mean

Sushi is rare fish and it tastes good
Yolk in fried egg is mostly uncooked and delicious
Really rare steak/steak tartare is partially uncooked and is delicious

I like meat. You can't help that, and you can't wait around for me to change.

There are systems and modes in place that, if you chose to focus on, you could figure out ways to change so that they don't cause

1. more meat to be consumed/wasted than otherwise, and

2. less people to understand that meat is murder than otherwise.

A hypothetical example: a government agency that regulates slaughterhouses is bribed by a big meat company in order to make it difficult for that meat company's competitors to compete. This meat company is now a monopoly, thanks to government help, and this leads to more abuses.

Behind the bullshit, conservatives have ideas which are indispensable to understanding the world. The same could be said of progressives.

Yes as long as meat is handled properly and your body is used to it you can eat raw meat safely. It's easier to digest.

Because the army doesn't let rabbits join up.

But why user? You could live so much longer, achieve so much more, do so much more, become so much more.

You are destroying our planet, our morals and our species.

This attitude will not allow us to progress as a species.

-OP

I'm 200 pounds of solid muscle. Weight has nothing to do with being a fat ass it's more of how much exercise you do or don't get.

I suck a literally unreal amount of dicks, this is how all vegans get their protein
-OP

>Humans dont have protein or fat receptors on their tongues
Glutamate receptors. A taste generally associated with foods rich in protein.

So you think its a good idea to waste land and a huge amount of our resources, so we can commit mass murder.

So we can "get used to" eating a food that is not meant for us, that destroys our planet and our health just because you think it tastes good?

-OP

What are you trying to say, your argument isn't clear?

-OP

Because most vegams treat it as a religion. Because most vegans cannot accept the dietary choices of others. Because some even delude themselves to the point where they believe humans are biologically herbivore, despite all of the evidence to the contrary. Because vegans do not understand that too much of anything is bad for you, and meat in meant to be eaten in moderation.

That is the worst thing I've heard all day.

I'm a parasitology student. I would love to examine your intestines when you die. Not saying this habit will kill you soon or anything, because you're kinda correct; you won't ever seem sick.

You'll just have happy parasites living inside you. And you'll be a little less happy than you would have been without those parasites. But you may certainly live the rest of your life without knowing they are there. Doctors don't give two fucks about parasites unless they are put on the spot about it. Which is exactly the point; society prefers not to ask.

morals? meh. species? meh. planet? well a little guilty but meh.

progress? I'll die achieving nothing and being nothing. I'm bad but not completely terrible. i won't murder, rape, or steal anything worth more than $20.

so many things determine a persons life span. their mentality, genetics, eating habits, and sheer luck. all of these are not so great so ......meh.

Eating meat helps the environment. The amout of land it would take to sustain every person on earth if they only ate plants, would wipe out several thousand species and destroy almost all our oxygen producing rain forest a cow can feed a lot of people where a head of lettuce feeds few goes bad fast , and whould have to be shipped great distances more often burning more fossil fuels.

Because I love the taste of dead animal flesh.

So you choose to destroy your health and the planet and promote extreme cruelty because some people treat it as a religion?

Vegans don't accept your dietary choices because we are trying to help you.
We want to stop wasting our resources (land, water, power, food) and destroying our health and causing extreme cruelty.

We want you to change for a good cause. Please give the evidence that shows humans are not herbivores, because I disagree.

>Its good to have heroin in moderation
>I hate god because people treat it as a religion

Your logic is so flawed and ridiculous.

-OP

well exercise isn't something i like to do but my dad is an intense guy. he's a boxer trainer who works at a gym so he makes me every once in a while exercise so i'm not a completely flabby

We have potential for so many great things but you choose to accept mediocrity, why?

-OP

Yeah just stay active, weight doesn't really mean a whole lot until you get to around the 250 mark, then you need to change your habits.

Being vegan doesn't make you capable of great things, but it does seem to give vegans the impression that it does.

My grammar was wrong.

>There are systems and modes in place which, if...

fixed.

You are trying to get meat-eaters to change. I've got no problem with that tactic, but I am saying that there are systems in place which lead to more meat-eating and animal-killing than there would be without these systems. Not only that, but these systems are bad for all of us; they are the result of unethical decisions such as conspiracy/bribery.

Either you are a troll or you are completely retarded.

First of all 60% of our oxygen comes from algae in the ocean.

Secondly animal agriculture is the number 1 cause of pollution.

Thirdly. Agriculture uses approximately 65 million square kilometers of land.
About 15 million is for plants and 50 million for animals.
50% of all the crops grown on that 15 million square kilometers is fed to the animals.
So WE COULD SURVIVE ON 15 MILLION SQUARE KM. AND THAT 50 MILLION OTHER SQUARE KM COULD BE USED FOR SOMETHING USEFUL.

Animal agriculture produces so much animal waste, its the number one cause of rain forest destruction. It promotes the growth of pathogens and just to give you an idea of water consumption 1 hamburger = about 2 months worth of showering.

It takes about 20kg of plant food to make 1kg of meat.

THE EVIDENCE IS DEMONSTRABLE YOU ARE WRONG 100%

-OP

You are sick

-OP

No being vegan does not make you great. But what I mean to say is that if we were all vegan we could progress so much faster as a species. We would have so much more land and resources. We could eliminate world hunger and the concept of a "third world country"

-OP

I actually understand why vegans have these views. If you honestly see animals as equal to humans, then I can see why it would be frustrating that others don't. Still, the holier-than-thou attitude makes you people unbearable to deal with. That's really the reason it's treated like a religion by most vegans, and why vegans are the subject of so much ridicule. People wouldn't give a shit if you just shut the fuck up and accept that eating is not and will not ever be illegal.

I'm also not even going to bother with the herbivore thing other than a few points, because believing humans are herbivores to fit your rhetoric is more ridiculous than any belief I could hold. I'm all for treating animals with less cruelty, but disregarding science and biology is where I draw the line.

So, I'll just give you these:
>Almost all other primates are omnivores
>Anatomically, we share many commonalities with predatorial animals
>Human digestional tracks bear nearly no resemblance to prey animals
>Human digestional tracks contain enzymes and chemicals specifically for breaking down meat, chemicals that do not exist in prey animals

Beacuse all of us will fade into oblivion at some point no matter who you are or what you did. It doesn't make any difference what you think you did, because there isn't a God and even if there was he doesn't seem terribly interested in what's going on here, no one will remember you and we will all suffer and end to a pointless existence.

because I'm egotistical and have no ambition. mediocrity is okay i like it. why desire more if i don't even have a reason to have it.

Look even if you forget about ethics.

Vegan-ism is still better for your health and for the planet

>Why are you not vegan?

Because BBQ ribs.

I would like to see how being vegan would solve any of those problems. I think you are hopelessly optimistic that even ideal circumstances the human race would ever be capable of uniting for any reason.

that is sad to hear but at least you guys are honest.

-OP

Because we need nutrients to function.

>Better for health
Debatable

But believing that is fine, just be happy knowing that you yourself is happy, healthy, and environmentally friendly. No need to be a dietary nazi.

Because animals are made of meat

Do a bit of research on how much resources animal agriculture consumes and how much it pollutes the earth.
So much land, water, electricity, food and materials are wasted for it and for what, when we eat animal products it has negative affects on our health?

You may be right about my optimism, but I want us to change. I believe eventually it will happen, just like women's rights, and blacks.

-OP

I like my meat cooked medium rare. Nice and bloody.

I go deer hunting...and I've killed a few deer and enjoyed earing the meat. Occasionally, wild turkey as well. Fish when I catch them.

Nothing wrong with eating dead animal flesh. What's sick is some bleeding-heart beta faggot telling other people how to live their lives.

I have seen some of the darker things that a human being can experience. I learned two things. One the media will never capture war like they should and two is that all of it is pointless. It doesn't matter who's side your on or whatever your ideal is. It get to a point where you fight because you have to, not for any other reason than becuause it becomes who you are. Call me a Nihlist if you'd like but it's true.

Humans are made of meat also. So do you support cannibalism?

-OP

Your 'organic vegan' food uses the bones and blood of the meat industry as fertiliser to grow its crops.

You're a fucking hypocrite...

Eating disorder, I cannot bring myself to eat most of the vegetables. If I was to eat only vegan foods I would die because of vitamin loss because there are like 4 vegetables (not including seasonings you fuck) that I can eat. That's why I'm not a vegan.

Yes.
Otherwise you're just picking on the Chickens

Because vitamin deficiencies, you fucking dumbass.

Because on a keto diet it's difficult as fuck.
I really only eat chicken, only beef when I'm low on iron.

I am.

I never said anything about "organic" food.

and fertilizing techniques vary from farm to farm, but if you did go vegan it would make it more expensive for them to use animal fertilizers until eventually it is no longer used.

Why the fuck not

What about all of the insects killed during industrial farming practices?

Fuck the Insects ... Is that the vegan mentality?

Your an isolated case and your case is unfortunate but for most people it is possible.

You can still supplement your diet.

-OP

Thanks

-OP

Or they could just eat meat you retarded fuck nut

No that is not the vegan mentality. But it would be difficult with modern agricultural practices to avoid killing insects.
If we did all go vegan we could new farming practices that avoid killing insects.

-OP

1 raw beef tastes amazing, and 2 you wouldnt get sick unless you are weak

I'd rather not live my life popping pills to fucking survive. I like my chicken and hell knows that I wouldn't kill for a good ol' Chicago BBQ. Sure I could eat fucking carrots and... well peanut butter I guess (is peanut butter vegan) but then I'd just be popping pills for everything else, I don't eat enough as is. So this is not a life style that benefits me. However, I believe in this cause. I think one day humans can go completely vegan, I don't think it'll benefit culture, but I think it is the best for the environment and the survival of our species. Or we can just 3D print meat, hoping for that.

Even I can troll better than that.

-OP

Vegans are taking advantage of some of the most helpless organisms ever created - plants.

You think that just because they don't have sensory organs it's okay to cut them up and shove them in your mouth? You're still killing them, you sick fucks. They can't even fucking move on their own, for Christ's sake. Oh, and way to fucking destroy the creatures that give us oxygen! Fuck the environment, right!?

Fucking vegans...

You're welcome, sexy.

I agree that living off supplements is not a good life, yet you will be far healthier than eating animal products because you will not risk your self to cardiovascular disease, diabetes, cancer and all cause mortality. Which are all caused by animal products.

-OP

Mm... I think I'll take that over the malnurtiion I will certainly have. Oh, and the lack of variety of my diet would drive me insane. I can't eat a meal three days in a row without growing sick of it for a very long time. I'd be like those fuckers with the IVs to survive. I'll risk the diabetes.

That isn't possible without wiping out the insects.

Admit it, your vegan 'all life is speshal' ethos is hypocritical unachievable ideological nonsense, incompatible with the true nature of the world.

Oh, and killing yourself right now would really help the planet too... So, you know....

60% of our oxygen comes from the ocean.

Plants do not have a nervous system, they feel no pain, have no thoughts or emotions.
We require food to sustain our life.

How the fuck can you be a plants rights activist but not care about actual living sentient beings like cows and chickens?

And assuming you really did care about plants your still better off being vegan because it takes 20kg of plant food to make 1kg of meat.

You will last about a week on 20kg of plant food but not even a day on 1kg of meat.

So your argument is completely flawed and incorrect. You are so fucking stupid and you can't even troll properly.

-OP

How about those heart palpitations from lack of b12, lack of body composition from lack of animal proteins, or the lack of creatine that harms muscle and brain functioning, or that lack of cholesterol that decreases testosterone?

>Oh, and killing yourself right now would really help the planet too... So, you know....

Yes it would, but it would help the planet a lot more in your case since you are not vegan. I choose to stay alive so I can make more people vegan and that will benefit the planet more than me killing myself.

It is possible to not kill the insects, it will be tedious however. I find it strange that you are a insect rights activist yet choose to rape, kill, torture and imprison animals in the hundreds of billions.

-OP

I'm just showing you that's hypocritical... No matter what you fucking do, you are going to harm one organism or another. That's how the transfer of energy works for animals. Unless you can fucking photosynthesize, and until humans can shove their brains into solar powered robot bodies, you are no exception.

So you want to kill all of those cows/pigs/chickens then?
Make them extinct?

They were bred through centuries of selective breeding, and could not support such numbers in the wild without severely damaging the environment.

Your plan for s meat free world would result in the deaths of basically all of the farm yard animals you claim to care about.
Hypocritical vegan cunt

Sure they are fucking retard

>Creatine
Your body produces creatine, if you want to have extreme amounts take supplements.

>Hurr durr i dont want to have to take supplements
Isnt it strange how all the non vegans who supposedly have higher creatine levels are the highest consumers of creatine supplements and anyway creatine supplements are healthier than eating meat which gives you diabetes, heart disease and cancer and destroys the planet.

>MUH B12
B12 is naturally found in soil and water but because of modern agricultural practices and the fact that water is treated you do not get b12 like that.

The animals have the same problem with b12 and farmers give animals b12 supplements. So the animals are being supplemented.

infact the human body has bacteria which produce b12 but it may not be enough.
In that case take a supplement and if you have something against supplements read what I said earlier about creatine supplements.

-OP

1. Yep you're correct I'll give you that, though if we just used algae for our oxygen we'd fuck the ecosystem.

2. animals* are the number one cause of pollution. Farm animals are one of numerous cases. In fact in farms you can manage numbers and track the environmental impact; before humans got their hands on them, large agricultural origin species (e.g. Bison in the USA) moved in numbers that far outstretch the numbers maintained by agriculture & the natural environment combined - thus arguably having a larger effect on the environment. You need to remember that if we shut down cattle farming and left animals as they were before we farmed animals (we would need to breed wild cattle back in in some countries) there would likely be at LEAST the same amount of wild cattle effecting the environment.

3. Your numbers are off, in some countries yes it is majority meat-yield however in others (think the rice paddies in Asia) there is a huge majority of plant-based yield. Also - even if this were the case, the pesticides, water diversion and environmental management that is needed to grow plants in most areas of the world has HUGE impacts on the environment, local and otherwise.
This is not to consider that you require a larger sq/km of plant life per person to sustain them, compared to a combined omnivorous diet, due to dietary needs.
This also leads on to another issue, the TYPES of plants needed to sustain us, such as iron rich plants etc. is unnatural, due to us having to make up for the losses from dairy and meats by eating more of certain plants, we would need to grow much more of these than would ever naturally occur, again causing major damage to local and worldwide environments.

Animal waste is actually extremely enriching for the environment if managed correctly, and the process of digesting and depositing waster is actually used by a vast number of plants to disperse and help grow their seeds.

Yes you are correct, however we can stop killing sentient beings. Life like plants and bacteria is ok to kill

So you're against 'insect rights' but for animal rights?!

I care less about insects than I do about animals need for meat... Which I don't really care about, other than the quality in how they taste.
My world view is completely consistent and doesn't require any mental gymnastics to try and paper over the inconsistencies.

Mkay you retarded hypocrite

Yes they are in fact.

-OP

What. I don't want to kill any animals.

Are you that fucking stupid, if animal agriculture stops we will stop breeding these animals so there will be no deaths.
Maybe a small population of them will live in the free space that we got from destroying the 50 million square kilometers used by animal agriculture.

-OP

Nigger you know that thing called the appendix? It's useless now but back in the day when we didn't cook our food the appendix would help us digest raw meats. But over the years we started to cook our food,rendering the appendix completely worthless.

>Implying cooking food to release calories wasn't a huge step forward for humans.
>Implying we aren't naturally omnivorous creatures.
>Implying any other omnivorous creature shouldn't eat meat, and that we are somehow not animals.
>Implying that shit isn't tasty as fuck, and that's all the reason I need.
>Implying I can't say 'name one reason you should crush insects underfoot - protip: you can't'. Or any other stupid shit you do that isn't absolutely necessary.

Whoops. Sorry about your logic, fascist. I think I'll go have some bacon and eggs in your honor.

bait me harder

-OP

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1691485/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/14600563
journals.cambridge.org/action/displayAbstract?fromPage=online&aid=8207518
As for b12, you wanna tell me why most vegans have a b12 deficiency then?

>I don't want to kill them
>a small number will survive

Pick one you retarded cunt