The game is supposed to have 18 000 000 000 000 000 000 planets in it. That's an 18 followed by 18 zeros...

The game is supposed to have 18 000 000 000 000 000 000 planets in it. That's an 18 followed by 18 zeros. So lets say every star in the game has 10 planets. That's still 1 800 000 000 000 000 000 stars. If we say that each galaxy is on average the size of the milky way containing 100 billion stars (100 000 000 000) and we do some simple division, we have 18 000 000 galaxies in this game. That's 18 million galaxies.

youtube.com/watch?v=X2G8w-GB05Q

The goal is to get to the center of the starting galaxy. So it only seems natural to assume that there is intergalactic travel. And if you can travel intergalatically, that makes getting to the center of the universe a kind of inconsequential point. So it doesn't seem much of a stretch to come up with the idea that once you get to the center of the galaxy you unlock intergalactic travel. Sean Murray has dropped hints about this. I forget which video I saw him say this in but he said something very close to...

You think the game is on one scale, then suddenly you pull back and you realize how much grander it is

Not an exact quote, but that's essentially what he said. Besides, it kind of makes sense just from a gameplay point of view. You take all this time, traveling all this way. The reward is a hyperdrive that allows you to travel just about anywhere instantly, including other galaxies. I think that make sense. Because what if you want to go back to a world you found near the beginning of the game. Do you have to make the long journey back step by step? Unlikely. But of course, this is all just speculation.

Just curious what u neckbeards think.

>reading novels.

this is much great than reading novels, yes.

No one wants to talk vidyas?

What I'm afraid of (and I belive everyone) is of having that shit ton of places to be, but to them being repetitive with the time.
(sorry for bad english i'm kinda drunk)

thats what I think will end up ruining it, and no sweat im high on some potcake.

space minecraft and it got fucking delayed

I think that if you wanna enjoy this game for real you'll need to stay as away as you can from the internet talks about it, the more you know the less you'll discover.

>2016
>being able to avoid spoilers of any kind

yeah, right.

haha i can't help myself but you're right. damnit

Everything about this games seems like bullshit

whys that?

Im also hyped as fuck about Cuphead, the developers don't say anything about it since the past e3

It seems like there's a lot of potential for not much to happen. Like, you could be searching for ages until you eventually find somebody. And then the cunt will probably kill you. Hooking up with your mates online is going to be literally impossible.

Buying the hype this hard.

$20 says by the fifth planet you'll have seen just about everything the game has to offer and from then on you'll just run into slightly alter permutations of what you've already seen.

hellyes fucking cuphead!
This is true but multiplayer isn't there main focus. Though it probably should have been.

I dig the ambition though.

I don't know about you guys
but I HAVE A MIGHTY NEED FOR THE LAST GUARDIAN.

I wouldn't fucking doubt it lolol.. But its only $60. Only a broke fag would cry about taking a chance on a game they are interested in.

this

Maybe. He said that he wants to incorporate customization in order to make people not feel the need to mod as much as he's worried it may break the game due to how it runs. My personal guess is once you reach the center you get your own galaxy will full dev tools to fuck around with it however you want

Who the fuck pays for the shit products that are released today..

Last thing I spent money on was bf4. It was unplayable at launch. It's great now but back then holy fuck naw.

Just pirate everything.

that is the best case scenario imo

if everyone stole everything we would all have nothing, young padawan.

I like to pirate everything, and only pay for it if I really like it.

>Buy a shitty game
>Surprised when it's shitty
>Mad at every game developer for his own idiocy

How? I used to have a chipped PS1 with hundreds of games. I thought it would be pretty impossible these days, what with all the consoles connected to the net 24/7. PS or M$ would be able to tell and ban you and/or render your console useless.

That's the way to be

There are ways. But this pleb probably means on a PC.

Kyle, is that you?

No I'm sorry =[

No I'm sorry =[

Has anyone seen kyle?

(sub for more content like dat)

So you are saying steam is the way to go for cheap gaming?

I have a laptop I could pair my ps4 controller with. I've never used steam before. Is it worth signing up?

Right after launch they're gonna get a huge amount of complaints about people not being able to play with their friends and whatnot. So they will probably just add some kind of party/buddy system once you reach the centre of the main galaxy.

nah the customer support isnt worth the deals. its why they are losing money

Literally or practically?

I miss Kyle, australian motherfucker

they've said stuff like " if you blow a hole in the ground and someone else comes to that planet. They wont see that hole." So idk how that will work.

Non poorfags

Steam as a platform, is great. Good sales are few and far between though. There are resale sites such as g2a that have really cheap game codes for steam.

he clearly said literally...are you ok?

nice satanic trips.

This fag said PC gaming So, how do I play games that I can download from torrents etc? What platform should I be looking to use? I want to be like this guy

I thought it was the opposite. I remember them saying they wanted to have a "breadcrumb" thing going on where you could see what people left behind on planets.

He also said it doesn't matter because it will be almost impossible to find any other people due to how large the planet is. I think he said it was something like a 2% chance of ever running into anyone if 1,000,000 people were always on and you played every day for 100 years

*How large the universe is and how large each individual planet is

supposedly even one planet would take weeks to run around

This is gonna flop like Spore

>inb4 delayed again

You can always play pirated games offline

i can see it happening

yeah but how?? buy a ps4 to chip it and keep it offline?

unique dialogue, interesting characters, good storytelling all get lost when all you have is minecraft stretching on endlessly

bet it is shit

encouraging people to waste time and money, good use of resources

Most likely. All that potential on a cliff. I just hope the game has some fun mechanic that adds (somewhat) endless replayability.

isnt it true that %90 of the planets are barren?

minecraft did well though....

Not that I know of, no. There gonna be some spore-like creature shit going on that's procedurally generated based on what planet they are on.

will they have penis?

minecraft let you build, you had a home and you made it

there is no hook in this game, and it ends when you find the center... you will want to walk away

Yeah, but Minecraft was half singleplayer and half multiplayer. Also the modding scene is huge because of java

you can live in a hole in no mans sky thats everyone who likes spaces dream fuggin idits

yes

I hope its nudes

It looks pretty cool in theory. The only problem I have is that even though there will be an almost endless amount of planets to explore the plants/animals/scenery will probably start getting reused if you explore enough. They may be able to use an algorithm to generate planets with different sizes/climates/orbits etc. but I doubt they could generate different kinds of plants and animals.

That will be the games downfall..

Last guardian will never live up to the hype (if it even gets released)

if they don't take chances how will they push through?

But hey remember Spore?

That game did a hell of a good job randomizing planets and shit even the creatures! I don't think I ever saw the same one twice in a play through

TROO

and thats some old techhhhhhh

i hope this game comes out riddled with bugs to make good youtube content with

hey me to, sub4sub

>18000000000000000000 planets
>120mb for each planet
>2.16 × 10^15 terabytes

????????????

>20mb per planet
>1.8 × 10^14 terabytes

?????????????????????????????????????????

sure whats ur YT?

ikr

I wonder how long it took to copy paste 12 maps 18 000 000 000 000 000 000 times

Would have fucking loved something like this in Elite Dangerous.
Reach the Center, get the power to warp back, or anywhere else you want.

Procedural generated.
100MB of code to generate billions and billions of variations of the same shit.
Very small size for shitloads of content.

The amount of planets is most likely bullshit.
Even 10 million would be too much for any sane person to explore.

Well the game has been delayed enough times... so it must take a while. Mashing that Ctrl+V all day every day.

Saying this game has 18 000 000 000 000 000 000 planets in it is as retarded as saying Minecraft has an endless amount of planets in it since it makes a new one everytime you start.

ugh, i remember right after watching the first e3 trailer for fallout 4, i went onto Sup Forums and got the ending spoiled for me.

>1.8 × 10^14 terabytes
>180 billion petabytes
>assuming each petabyte drive weighs half a pound
>90 billion pounds
>nine times the weight of water added directly to animal products per year

????????????????????????????

theres a link in the OP leading to my channel my doood =]

the hype is real

math lol

ok sweet ill sub and you can sub to me, we could do a collab. i do news about the Argentinian soccer team.

sweet sounds good haha

ill sub back asap

Sounds fucking boring. If they're putting all the effort into putting meat into those environments and visual wank, then it's going to be another Uncharted or something. Pretty and plays like cock moles.

That sounds right up his alley, with him talking in english about video games and you covering the argentinian soccer team. lol

>The game is supposed to have 18 000 000 000 000 000 000 planets in

So it's basically Elite: Dangerous?

cuck

>there are no galaxies, only universes
>the goal of getting into the center is not an official goal but some shit someone made up

Get your shit right dude

neither of those statements are true.

To add to this, in the center of the "galaxy" is a black hole, lets you travel to other "galaxies", but actually the galaxies are different universes, like maps and worlds in Witcher 3.

Yep. And Star Wars. And Batman V Superman. And numerous episodes of GoT and Walking Dead etc etc etc.

Fuck Sup Forums and fuck the internet.

Actually both of those things are straight from an interview I also remember watching some months back with the head guy for this game.

U wot m8

This so much

nope

not him but I remember watching that too

No you didn't you are liars.