Why aren't you a power lifter like me ?

Why aren't you a power lifter like me ?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_UAXxDwtUkFRwYwJDHQomzLoYznmWX3d
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

because i like MEN. IN MY ASSCRACK! MMMMMMMMMMM POTENT SEMEN YUMMY YUMMY, CUMMY CUMMY!

id do it if i had time, love some strength training

but so does /fit/

I don't want a shit filled beard and weigh 300 pounds of fat

because I'm not fucking depressed u bulked up cuck

Post your it's faggot. Started working out forrealz about 4 months.
Squat 315
Deadlit 325
Bench 205
Haven't maxed out in about 2 months

Too busy fapping to traps on Sup Forums

powerlifting too much of an extreme to take the body to.

(so is being a marathon runner or ultra endurance athlete).

I'd rather just have a general all-around kind of fitness, as measured by VO2max

Pr's; not its

Because I'm not insecure.

Not depressed.

Yes you are

>Saved me from my depression
>depression

When will this meme fucking stop? The fuck you have depression for? Not getting your frappuccino on time?

Almost snap city coming of my bike.
If I pick a shopping bag up in the wrong way I'm on 9 on the pain scale for two weeks.
I am depressed, but only because of the pain i'm in.

Squat 315
Diddly 410
Binch 235

Shit numbers for how long I've been lifting

Squat 485
Dead 515
Bench 335

215 body weight

Bench 150
Squat 160
Deadlift 240

I weight 125 , young bodybuilder/powerlifter . Yep my squat is shit

Does it cost a lot of money to do? The equipment looks very expensive.

A gym membership $35
A belt $100 dollars
A year worth of whey protein and creatine
$500 dollars.
More food than normal. Don't know what that will run you.

Really just the gym membership. But it's ideal to have some supplements and a belt.

Gym-Membership is the least expensive alternative but if you wanted to have your own stuff (powerlifting is actually not that expensive): you would need a rack (~300$), a bar (100-300$), a bench (50$) and the most expensive part, the weights (500-1500$)

Fuck powerlifting
Bench 225
Barbell curl 115
Squat 0
Deadlift 0

I kind of a can't go to any form of gym. But I guess if a belt costs 100$, then the weights probably cost double or triple as much. Which means it costs a lot. No idea what creatine is, but unless it is made of gold, then I can't imagine food that costs 500$ for a year.

1500$ on top of other stuff... ok. that is more then what I can save up in 3 years.

Should I break up with my girl

As this guy said, there is equipment you'd need (if you wanted to compete) additionally to a gym-membership or the home-gym stuff I listed like a belt (100$), shoes (100-200$), wraps (50-100$), a suit (150$).

These items are optional if you don't want to compete but I'd advise you to invest in good shoes and a good belt for security reasons.

Yeah, it's a huge upfront-investment but those items usually last a life-time

Creatine is pretty cheap. You should be taking ~5g a day, and, 2,000 grams of unflavored micronized creatine powder (over a year supply) goes for about $40.

Building a home gym is expensive. I paid about 600 dollars for a squat rack,olympic bar and about 325 pounds of weight

Sadly it is too much for me. I would have to buy no food, pay no bills for almost 3 years.
I wish I could go to a gym or at least go outside.
40$ for me is a lot of money for food. Normaly it that is 3 weeks of eating normal food, not counting any holydays or family visits.

>mention belt price before shoes price
negro u serious
Choice of lifting shoes is far more important
Shoes can be gotten for as low as 20 bucks if you just use chucks, and up to $200 for the best adida or nike pair available at your local chain shoe store. Adipowers for narrow feet, romaleos for wide feet.

Check out Chris Duffin - he was in the exact (poverty) position as you are now in - he now is one of the best powerlifters in the world and owns a sucessful fitness brand.

Shoes don't matter. I watched someone deadlift 605 the other day without shoes.

A good belt is important. Shoes mean nothing. I've worn the same wore out par of converse for half a decade. I total over 1300 pounds.

weights are roughly a dollar (a couple cents more usually, a couple cents less second hand) a pound for iron, nicer plates run more of course but for a basic set up any plates will do.
It's the barbell, bench, and rack that sets you back. That's 1g investment usually, 800 at least. But that's all usable for life.

Shoes are not for deadlifting but for benching and most importantly squatting

I dont think myself as poor. I just do not work, and all money I have is the money I can save up from the money for food my parents give me. In fact the biggest problem would be buying the actual stuff, I can't buy stuff online myself and I won't be able to go inside a store. Real bummer, because this does looks like a type of physical activity you can do alone at home.

>can't buy stuff online myself and I won't be able to go inside a store.
Are you some kind of fugitive?

Not really.

Deadlift and variants are something of an exception, and it's still more comfortable to have shoes for em in the first place.
You're recommending a belt to a beginner. A beginner shouldn't need on in the first place, they're at the stage where learning to properly brace their core and working it as such is more important. You may as well tell em to use straps for sub-2pl8 deadlifts cuz instead of just working on their grip.

Why not?

I didn't use a belt for years. I maxed 465 Squat with no belt or wraps.

I wish I had started out with a belt. You need a belt. Off the bat. I'm probably the strongest person in this thread. I've been doing this shit for years.

Depends on the squat. Ain't nothing to be low bar back squat, doing front squats without em is awkward at best for novice-intermediate lifters. They just don't have the ankle flexibility without the raised heel.

because i do other things to get rid of my depressions, like vidya, assortment of drugs.

Also the stabilization of your ankles

No. But I do not have a bank account, and shops do not do pay at delivery in my country as a general rule. And even if they did, the problem is that I start vomiting when am face to face with another person and when there is 2-3 I start to vomit and choke. It is a somatic reaction and no medication seems to help with it.

Why don't you ask your parents then?

because i'm a zyzz cunt m8.

If you've been doing this shit for years, then you should know the importance of properly ingraining proper form, including the bracing of the core, from the get go. Looking at it as just a numbers-over-time game is how folks end up ignoring poor form in favour of illusory progression. That's how folks end up catbacking despite their belts.

Well then you've got bigger problems than lifting things up and putting them down don't you

Well first of all it is kind of a hard to talk with them using mails. Second is that I do not work, but they still pay for my food, medication etc. If I suddenly poped up with an idea that I want a 2k$ [2.5 avarge salaries in my country], they may not take it very well. Plus they bought me a new bed a few months ago. So my getting stuff card is all used up.

I don't eat enough or lift.

yes. The thing is my doctor said I have to do something for 20 hours each week. Other then sleeping, eating, reading etc. And it is kind of hard to find something when you get sick from interacting with other people.

Front squat, ass to heels 225 lbs
Sumo deadlift 405 lbs
Bench 205

Best alternative then (in my opinion) is that you start small with bodyweight-exercises which you can do on your own and without any investments. Then you analyse whether they help you condition and if they do, you go to your parents and tell them about your progress and that you want to expand on your new found hobby. They'll probably support you

well idk what to say get some dumbbell handles and weights toss em on the register and get out, just think of it as getting groceries
little things like that can be bought at any big box store, assuming your country has those.
Unless, like, you don't buy groceries.

Lost

I have too much social anxiety to go to the gym, been working out at home though. Maybe some day I'll muster up the courage, my body is disgusting

fill milk jugs full of sand for an xtra ghetto setup, do pullups in public parks in the dead of night

Because I'm not a faggot.

nobody cares about your body in the gym. the only thing that matters in the gym is that you are trying and don't act like a retard in the squat-rack aka the curl-rack

I can't find anyone who'll sell me steroids. If I had access to steroids, I'd be in the gym everyday.

Cool thanks for the idea.
I do not go out of our house at all. And I only go down from my room, when I know that everyone left the house. But I was thinking about maybe filling plastic bottles with sand or something. That could work as weights too.

>Sumo deadlift
kys

I have different interests.

World would be a boring place if everyone was interested in the same thing.

it's better than nothing. Fill milk crates with old textbooks, thread some rope through em and use em for farmers walks

Also this. You can find cheap alternatives to a professional home-gym like cement, sand, stuff from the scrapyard, etc.

milk isn't sold here in jugs only small 0.5 bottles or 1l plastic bags. But there are plastic bottles of up to 2.5l of soft drinks. I could use those.

Parks are at night. Kill zones. Unless someone is part of a certain gang. One does not go there. Even militia doesn't go in to parks at night here. Plus if there were any facilities in the parks, there would have been long gone, cut up and sold by metal gatherers. Although I must say I maybe wrong about this a bit. I have not left home for over 14 years .

For this you can look up the "buff dudes" on YT; they have a nice DIY-series

>I have not left home for over 14 years
I don't believe you, show us your room

Lifting & cardio has pulled me outta drug addictions and depression many times. The thing thats shit about lifting though is if you have a job like me and your routine goes tits up for a good few months rendering you unable to train you just watch that muscle slowly fall off the bone.
>inb4 muscle memory
That helps and so does keepin up the prots when you get back into it but you have to put in twice to the work to watch yourself lose it quick. I feel smaller after a missing a week.
It needs to be your only hobby for max success and i have 4 or 5 unfortunately. Or fortunately i suppose.

youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_UAXxDwtUkFRwYwJDHQomzLoYznmWX3d

This, steal buckets from construction zones.
Maybe you should be less concerned with lifting things and more concerned with getting on a UN evac out of Sarajevo

Just a regular physical occupation like carpentry, roofing, road work, etc can land you with some bad arthritis early on. I wonder what it feels like for one of these guys to leave middle age behind.

Stealing is not good for your mental health and I think OP has enough problems in this area already

Because I don't define my self worth by how much heavy shit I can lift

That would be hard to do. I have no way to make a picture of it.
too close to home man. I do not live in sarajevo, but it is close.

Lifting weights doesn't really cause arthritis, it's pretty easy on the joints unless your form is fucked. Being strong helps stabilizing joints as well, and lifting is recommended for certain arthritis patients

Stealing a bucket for personal use is like stealing hotel mugs. Technically you shouldn't, but no one gives a shit and everyone does it.
oh man how did I know it was the balkans
still tho it's 2016 it's probably chill topside, the wars are long over

Anons getting creative ITT about home made weights don't worry. You need to keep track of your weight/rep progress. That aint gonna happen with bags of sand or bottles of shit. Get yourself some cheap ass adjustable dumbbells dudes. If your starting you'll need 20-25kg per dumbell max for a while. I use a gym but a lot of the time i just utilise things in my flat. So much shit you can do standing or sitting on a sofa lol. I chest press off my sofa if im too lazy to go down some packed out gym full of january lardasses or all year round chads

No, the problem is he has to go outside to obtain those sorts of things, and he says he cannot go outside. Like, at all. Adjustable dumbbells are out.

Light lifting, sure. The thread is about powerlifting. That's definitely putting some stress on the joints.

Why i just ordered myself a set online? Got em delivered them to the door. Where's this dude living, syria or something?

Apparently that's out of the question for some reason. It's probably not as bad as the dude thinks, but hey when you've been underground 14 years one probably goes loopy
getting creative is the best one can do

yeah about the stuff being over. Where I live it is "over" in that sense. That between us and the other fuckers there are SFOR soldiers. Otherwise there would be war again. From what my parents tell me, shoting at people from the other side of the river still happens. And every now and then we have something big happen, like one side or the other shots at a hospital or some kids get lynched etc. Plus for me personaly the war is not over.

hey am over ground. I have a room made out of our attic. I have my own bath, a mini kitchen.

Agreed tthen. Ewwhether it be the gym or jjst general outside, i can empathise and relate to both. Golden rule is if stuff atarts getting easy you have to up the weight really. Hrsest thing of it for most (myself included) is consistency.

A kosavar, then? So long as you're Albanian, just be cool, they run the place now anyways. Otherwise, just peace it to serbia or whatever your ethnic group is. If it's serbian you're lucky, that lot are better fighters than albanians.

i make big cums