Depression is completely a made up special snowflake disease. If you have a good and meaningful life...

Depression is completely a made up special snowflake disease. If you have a good and meaningful life, then you can't be depressed. Debate me faggots.

i mean im depressed but you dont have to believe it i keep to myself a lot anyways.

No depression is actually a psychological disorder which occurs after very traumatizing experiences or generally being "stuck" in life feeling like you're worthless/wasting your time (especially when you're around 30) A.K.A. not having a 'good and meaningful life'. There's nothing to debate.

well, people who keep to themselves about being depressed are the actually depressed ones, and the retards on tumblr who constantly post im depressed and am bipolar dont talk to me are normally the special snowflakes, user.

The only kind of Depression i accept is when People can't produce endorphins.

I agree.

Depression is a legit condition caused primarily by hormone imbalances. While it, much like ADHD and a few other mental conditions, is often self-diagnosed by attention-starved tumblrinas, it's also often experienced by pro athletes from contact sports, soldiers, and the like. This is because repeated concussive impacts fuck the hormone levels and their receptors in the brain, causing depression.

baby steps

Go work on a farm or do a hard days work for once in your life, so your fake depression can fake go away.

>Not knowing the difference between clinical and neurotic depression

It's real
Most people don't have clinical depression though.

Being sad over a death or breakup is normal.
Being sad for no reason for an extended amount of time is not.

I have Lyme Disease bad and the inflammation in my head along with the bacteria have fucked my nervous system up and caused my depression for 10 years. Just got put on an SNRI and feel normal again.

I can see why you'd think its fake but there is so much more to it than a normal person who has not been diagnosed with MDD would understand.

there is nothing to debate, you are wrong

Typically I hear 'depression just happens, and nothing had to cause it', and if you disagree with that as well, I think we can agree on this subject more than we disagree.

If that is so true, why can't Amish people catch this 'hormone imbalance', whereas they easily can have other mental disorders.

Of course I disagree with that, that's an absolutely retarded statement. There's TONS of factors that cause depression, not only the fact that there IS something causing it, but it's usually almost never just one thing.

See, you are in disagreement with Frankly, I think they made a vastly more accurate point. On the point of 'it is normal to be sad when bad shit happens' I agree with that 100%

Ive had a shit life and I have depression. But ye, 0 sympathy for niggas who use it as a crutch. Smoke a bowl and grow the fuck up.

The dudes who know fuckloads about how the brain works and went to medical school for 7 years studying how the brain works and probably specifically studying depression but like the crazy, super technical details of how the chemicals in your brain work and shit. . . . . yeah those dudes disagree with you. So ima go with the scientific and medical consensus that depression is a well understood and most certainly real disorder that can affect the mental health of a person in any kind of lifestyle.

meh nigga, this guy gets it...

Sure you've had a shit life. Didn't get a new iPhone 6s for your 12th birthday fagget?

yeah, you are going to trust the companies that sell you a bunch of overpriced drugs, great job retard

Gimmie money & i wont be depressed

Exactly give some depressed bastard a million bucks and he'll be cured!

Then how do you not believe that certain other medical conditions cause depression?

Braim tumors are well known to cause all sorts of varying changes in people's personalities and feelings including extreme depression.

Any sort of inflammation in the brain can cause changes.

>catch
user, I'm gonna give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that's poor word choice and not just outright retardation.

And in terms of actual clinical depression, they absolutely can develop it in exactly the same manners. Take a look at -- that very same thing could easily happen to an Amish person.

Your problem is that you're only thinking of depression as being chronically sad, which does happen significantly less in small, collectivist groups because any problem you have is borne automatically by the group at large.

I know right?

Depression is not when you go to kikebook, tumblr or other sites and post "look how sad I am :(((( give me attention". Depression is when you are simply without life, feeling sad and worthless for a ling period of time for no apparent reason (like you do when someone close to you dies). Also people who are truly depressed usually keep it to themselves and don't parade their problems everywhere.

He was so rich he's bought everything he's ever wanted, done everything fun he wanted to do and fucked all the women he wanted. He was probably so bored he killed himself

Pretty sure someone who is doing honours in brain science wouldn't be working for a pharmaceutical company, and they'd tell you that if you don't believe in depression whatsoever as it is conventionally understood in medicine, then you are an idiot. However yes, selling all sorts of medication for every person who self diagnoses with depression by profit driven pharma companies is a problem, especially in America as far as I can tell, idk I don't live there.