Line6 UX2 interface
Shure SM58 mic
Shure SM57 mic
some samsom mic (a copy of Shure)

yeah basically a shitty cheap "studio" setup

epiphone black beauty
epiphone tobias IV deluxe
some crappy fender strat knockoff
sequoia single-cutaway acoustic (i really dont know if this is a good brand but the guitar works)

orange 20RT
Laney RB2

Im not in a band and only play in my bedroom so i need nothing more than this

Here
Not much
I'm saving up for something lifelong

the acoustic is by Corbin. It says sequoia on the head so i assumed that was the brand

bump

do any of you guys have experience with mic recording?

Yeah, some of it. What do you need?

>Any guitarfags on Sup Forums?
Summer is the guitarfag season. You see a lot of threads pop up around now.

I'm not sure how to obtain good quality recordings. Every tutorial says obvious shit like "yeah, plug in the mic, press record, etc." I use abovementionted setup of Shure SM58 and UX2 interface, but everytime I record vocals it sounds fucking flat. What is the most crucial step? I record one mono track - ofcourse. What to do with it now? Split into two tracks and pan them left and right? Add some reverb? It just sounds fucking flat and unnatural. Wat do user?

parts fender esquire
(Lollar vintage t, brass saddles, MIM body, fender baja neck)
couple of overdrive pedals + delay pedals + fuzz
(timmy + danelectro transparent od1 mkII tonebender clone, caitalinbread belle epoch.
couple of old sears/silvertone and ampeg amps
sears 40xl, sivertone twin twelve ampeg gemini and a couple of other weird small amps

Classicalfag here (so I don't expect anyone to reply). Wanting this ziricote model but it's about £150 pounds extra for the look alone. I'm not convinced that ziricote is a worthwhile alternative to rosewood at all but it looks damn good.

It depends, I assume here you are talking about vocals, not guitar.

One thing is to properly record it. Since it's a dynamic mic, place the mic next to your mouth but without touching it. Make sure you are recording at a reasonable level. You need to avoid saturating, but you dont want to record at a very low volume, adjust the gain in the interface.

Mixing the entire thing is just another story. Since you're recording with a dynamic mic made for live situations, it isn't gonna sound like a proper recording in studio, be reasonable.
As far as the mixing technique goes, you must use a compressor and a EQ, mainly. If you want to give more body to the voice, you can record 2 or more tracks and place them a little bit to the right and left. Or you can use a stereo imager.

If you don't know anything about miximg, learn it first. If you just want some presets than sound more or less well, look up the EZmix plugin, it has a lot of presets for any instrument that sound pretty cool.
If you want to learn, use waves plugins, they are one of the best. Also, look up fabfilter, these brands are very popular and very good

haven't seen any of them thus far.

Mine, it was my fathers guitar, he gave it to me, when I turned 15

They get more and more frequent as anons get more and more bored. That's not to say that they last that long or anything.

Ibanez RG1820X with Seymour Duncan Black Winter pickups
Fujigen Mythic with Seymour Duncan Distortion pickups
Laney Lionheart L5T
Mad Professor Stone Grey Distortion
Mad Professor Deep Blue Delay
Mad Professor Fire Red Fuzz
Spectraflex Vintage Series cables

I havr several, but for the sake of keeping the thread interesting, I'll post my 1935 Dobro that my grandfather bought brand new for $25.

Even the case is original.

Nice. Looks in very decent condition for its age as well. Do you play it or just keep it safe?

bump

It does get played once in a while but it mostly sits. I'd hate to have something on it break now that it's worth several thousand dollars

I pawned it and will lose it soon. Yay!

Why do people buy solid state marshalls? For the brand name?

It had a lot to do with liking the amp.

I like that

And maybe lack of patience and/or inability to save money?

hi there dutchfag.

hoi.

nice gretsch

Yes. I do have a lack of inability to save money.

Not pictured: JCM900 DR and Mesa/Boogie Triple Rectumfryer.

got it last friday. from left to right:
Gretsch G5420T
Fender MIJ Stratocaster
Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Epiphone Sheraton II

my guitars

Nice bass. How old is it?
Since we're posting basses here's mine.

Hear about the bass player that locked his keys in his car?

It took him 4 hours to get the drummer out.

Love your enthusiasm!
Keep on keeping on brutha.

How much did you hock it for? Was it worth it?

bumping with something I'm learning.

vocaroo.com/i/s1f55HowW4Im

Post vocaroos.

But is it worth the extra price? That's the question.

What is it and when did he get it? It doesn't look that old in any case.

Mine

How good is your flamenco playing?

Don't die yet.

Don't play flamenco
But thanks for the recomendation

I only mentioned it because nylon stringed guitars with 'pickguards' are basically a flamenco thing. It's less usual to see ones with them.

One more bump.

>Seriously considering spending my last $1000 dollars on a guitar I simply don't need.
Help.

Is there anything better to spend your money on?

From a hobby point of view, no but having literally no savings is never good.

>Shure 57
Best mic of all time, I use mine for vocals too

The action looks like shit

What's the guitar in question and what guitars do you own? What sort of income do you have?

I've lived all of my 34 years with literally no savings.

You're right, it's never good.

Based on mine next to me, it seems normal enough for a classical. I thing it's just the angle of the picture.

Yamaha but she serves me well, 5 years strong and I've never had a problem.

Guitar I built, has built in Zvex Fuzz Factory and Fernandes sustainer front pickup with JB series Seymour Duncan humbucker

Fucking IPhone turning my shit sideways

Its an ovation, I think he got it in the 70-80

>but
Nothing wrong with Yamahas m8, great value for money.

muse fan? :) nice guitar btw!

How'd you guess haha? Thanks, mate!

20$, plastic

Fender Kingman SCE Jumbo

I've actually got a few more than this, but they're all meh stuff people see all the time. I present: Moonbooty, the salvage monstrosity.

>Buying cheapest taylor line
>May as well just get an epi

fuck off tryhard

Says the one trying to be an asshole for no reason.

This summer's going to be fun.

Because preference doesn't exist.

Does that have the Harmony H-802 bridge and tailpiece on it?

Maton em325c

How does she sound?

why do you rape your guitar with Metallica and skull stickers?

The very one, actually. The 802 body was cracked and the neck was warped so it sat in the back of my closet until I salvaged the bridge and tailpiece for this. I'm probably going to repurpose the Harmony body and neck for a badass clock or something like you'd see hanging in a bar.

Not too bad, actually. Better than it did before the old bridge broke. There's a scrap piece of some hardwood or another on the inside that the tailpiece is anchored to. It's a bit more trebly than it used to be, but it still has a full sound.

I've got less than $20 bucks in this thing and I'll play it until it falls apart. Probably the most interesting one I own, at least. It's not a Martin or anything, but it amuses me.

bumping

Nice. I have the H-802 in my room right now.
It's not bad, but the neck is probably the worst part, though.

And it sounds fucking amazing through an overdriven Marshall.