archive.org/details/Autechre1991-06-00
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

it's got such undeniable bangers too
youtube.com/watch?v=-BjrhjT0-oc
youtube.com/watch?v=72-rit4auCk
youtube.com/watch?v=AMIV6JddzVE
youtube.com/watch?v=BU_A5p04VXc

Sounds like they bought much better equipment or something.

>straight Arca

Same with Chiastic from Tri Rep t b h m8

agreed my dude. hub is fucking god tier

LP5 is their biggest leap though
people usually say Confield but LP5 laid the groundwork for their abstract/generative phase.

When did ae stop getting better? Draft? Untilted? Never?

dunno if i can agree with that
LP5 feels more like the conclusion to the Tri Repetae-era

oversteps, its not bad but quaristice is way better

i'm in the minority that thinks Elseq is just ok

Really disagree with you there user. I think oversteps is their most lovingly crafted album and arguably their best. But also I think Quaristice (versions) is quite a bit better than Quaristice.

Untilted is my favorite, so my answer would be Quaristice. They really stepped up their game with Exai though.

>Untilted is my favorite
mah nig
youtube.com/watch?v=j5eKgaWMl10

idk oversteps felt like a step back to me, its the only ae record which i dont like that much but each to their own i guess

what's the actual majority opinion of elseq?

Really long, complex, and hard to form a concrete opinion. Ask in a couple years, it took a while for Exai to be digested which is less than half the length

Will the tri repetae repress be a gatefold? I can only find conflicting evidence online

untilted was their first album to disappoint
quaristice was their first album to be below average

what's the most underrated ae track and why is it M39 Diffain?

I think I'm slowly getting into elseq, was a bit drunk listening to elseq 4 on headphones, lush as fuck

You forgot eutow

its m62

Opinions on Exai?

I legitimately think AE_Live is up there with their best work.

I see people say this often but I don't understand it. Oversteps is not a step back at all. It's their most contrapuntally complex work - they never made anything that intricate with regards to melody. They applied the same technique for their past wonky beats for the wonky melodies.

Now that the hype has sort of died down people are pretty split on it so I'm not sure there's a majority opinion. I think the high rating on RYM is mostly due to 1&4.

For me elseq 4 is super overrated but 3 is absolutely fantastic and doesn't get enough love. imo the minimalist stuff in the collection is the strongest (5 is my fav) and most compelling, but most seem to prefer the more beat-oriented stuff...

not sure music wise, but i know rob just keeps aging better and better desu senpai

I love Quaristice. It's so underrated, though I tend to agree that some of the variations of tracks from the two accompanying EPS are better than the album itself.

youtube.com/watch?v=_6FZLfmuLPo

mixcloud.com/NYUHM/autechre-25-years-the-megamix/

Which album to start with?

anyone else think elseq is 10/10 aotysf? I thought it was one of the most thoroughly engaging releases in the past several years? or am i just fanwanking w/o enough context?

it's really, really good, but i cannot for the life of me get into chimer 1-5-1 or c7b2. with the former i get that it's supposed to be some demented, decontextualized rave tune, but 13x0 step and 7th slip execute that idea far more successfully. c7b2 gets a lot better in it's second half when it turns totally brutal, but that first half is just sf annoying to me lol.

i do love most everything else though and it suits the colder, gloomier weather. to me it's not an "album proper" however and i believe more people would enjoy it if they went into it looking at it like a pick and mix or data dump or w/e. rob and sean are certainly dismantling those 'rockist' connotations!

Tri Repetae ++ is most likely the best entry point

chronologically

lp5 is their worst honestly

But Confield and Amber are my two favorites. What does that make me?

tri rep, amber, and untilted are my least favorite ae albums but this is just retarded

A patrician. Plebeian stuff is easy to get into so its expected for anyone to like it.

You're not a pleb for liking pleb stuff, you're a pleb for disliking patrician stuff.

yall dont like amber??

I'm always completely blown away by 1 1 is. It's like listening to a beat you can vaguely relate to, but it's compressed into the next level of existence, really stunning sound design. Melodies are superb aswell, absolutely underrated as I never see anyone praising them. 3:36-3:42 is one of the most beautiful things I've ever heard, what a tune.

I don't expect anyone to really care about this post, but that's ok.

Reniform Puls from Draft 7.30 (youtube.com/watch?v=BQFQIy1su2g) honestly such a special track, and only because of the first couple of minutes.There is this wonderful sound that comes in and it has such a great progression that really evokes some sort of feeling, almost melancholy, but it's sweet at the same time. This section only lasts for a moment but it's just so amazingly beautiful while it lasts. I've neglected a lot of Autechre's discography, and Reniform Puls caught me off guard. Draft 7.30 is very danceable compared to a lot of their work, so I was expecting more of the same through to the end of the album, but then this moment of almost-emotional-but-not-quite bliss comes in and it's just... Incredible, and the fact that it just disappears makes it even more beautiful. It creates such an amazing atmosphere in so little time. A lot of people hold up Rae as an example of Autechre being capable of emotion in their music, but I think Reniform Puls is a much better example.

I've been listening to their discography over again trying to find these odd moments of emotion, and I'm not finding many, but I didn't expect to. I'm worried this may be my ruiner.

Tbh Amber is better.
Tri Rep is a bit too repetitive and grating without enough variation, while Amber is just analog heaven.

>I've been listening to their discography over again trying to find these odd moments of emotion, and I'm not finding many, but I didn't expect to.
They're all over the place m8, but you gotta unlock them. Most recent one for me is youtube.com/watch?v=AHqam5nm0nI especially the first minute

the only contrarian one is incunabula and the only pleb one is amber

You just reminded me to listen to ep7 again, thank you.

netlon sentinel is such a fucking banger holy shit

when the beat drops out and leave the synths hanging , fuck me... and then it comes back with a fucking vengeance ughh so good

and then pir is just beyond beautiful, incredible closer

dropp and rpeg are incredible tracks too

tour starts in 3 days???? who's going? will they put up soundboards?

os veix3 always gets me emotional

me

v fucking hype for russell haswell supporting too

I'm going. I really hope they'll deliver because there was this classical concert that I also wanted to see the same day.

no

What was the classical concert?

>the second half of augmatic disport

wew lad. also i disagree quaristice id their weakest, I think it's arguably their best. also never understood the love for tri rep but maybe I need to revisit because it's been a year since ive last listened to it

who here loves oval too?

Performances of Boris Papandopulo's chamber and solo works.

quality

>tune
Oi, fellow gabber mate.
For the bloody Queen innit m8?

Why won't this lazy fuck review it already?

3/10
Sounds like unfinished Dead Grips without MC Ride. The beats are trying too hard to be different, all sounds sound like bit crushed dick farts.

why would you even want him to

I Like Elseq more than Exai though

Funniest post ever. Truly.

I am attending their shows at Gent,Belgium on oct 30..Do i need to be /fa/ to attend their show?what should i suppose to wear? Tech-wear?

>mfw pendulu hv moda

The shows are literally in the dark, just wear something comfy.

Is Elseq streaming anywhere?

>who here loves oval too?
was pleasantly surprised with how good the new album was
one of the few out there still maintaining a solid discog

>tech-wear
>/fa/
Pick one

havent listened to it yet but i listened to a song and really liked it

the glitch is just so pleasant desu

Amber

The turning point in their discography is surely Chiastic slide... they said in an interview they took a lot of mushrooms that year.

LP5 is their worst album, and a step down from Chiastic Slide. It sounds "cute" and glitchy in a way that few of their other recordings sound, and it even sounds like they're going along with someone else's trends rather than thinking for themselves.

Happily, they thought to themselves afterward: "dude we fell off, we're better than this and we need to up our game and go even WEIRDER" and then they released Confield and it's been smooth sailing ever since.

This

chronologically including EPs, something i did for fun over the summer as someone who never listened to autechre before but liked boards of canada, never looked back

Quadrange

lol only rock listeners can think incunabula isn't their best.

north face jacket

low_quality_bait.jpeg

You must not listen to much techno

The calmer parts of Piezo are what absolutely gets me

shit

is all of untitled this good?

True, but Amber has the higher peak of either album.

youtube.com/watch?v=tosnLO1eG48

yes
nice trips btw

and its untilted not untitled

In their watmm Q&A I think rob said something about putting the emotion in the "sounds themselves" rather than just chord progressions. that's what autechre is all about

Free Amber wallpapers for everyone. Get them while they're hot.

got any phone wallpapers of autechre family?

Are they gay?

one has a wife and kids

so yes

Nah sorry m8. But depending on the cover you want to use it's probably easy to make a decent looking one.

oh im sure, I need to get around to downloading photoshop so i can do a lot of easy wallpapers myself but im a lazy fuck

>not nine

Got my Exai t-shirt from bleep a few days back.

>tfw no one will ever understand

Which color? I got the lighter color one a long time ago, shit is dank

I wanna get Exai on vinyl before they end up being $100 like every other out of issue Ae record.

the olive one was the only one in my size left.

be sure to wash it in cold water and hang dry it, theyre easy to shrink

love these two sets of sean and rob playing rave on pirate radio and generally acting really stupid lol

archive.org/details/Autechre1991-06-00

they woulda been 18/20 years old here which is nuts

Last 5 minutes are gold.