American Soccer

[!] No Bullying - the focus is an enlightening dialogue [!]

I was reading an article[1] about american soccer/football and remembered that, despiste how much all the other countries in Sup Forums tries to lower americans for not having tradition in soccer, americans over here still keeps trying to learn more and more about that. So I started wondering a few questions:

> Is "soccer" truly becoming the number one sport in US?
> Why americans are so interested about soccer now?
> Is that good or bad to the world of football?
> Will they understand how our sport and our traditions works?
> What kind of space they are going to occupy in the sport in the next years?
> How well other countries will receive them in their "space"?
> Will they ruin the sport trying to make profit out of it?
> Why the brazilian billionaire Flávio Augusto da Silva bought the Orlando City team?
> Why didn't they react when Pelé, Ronaldo, Kaká and many others was trying to promote the sport in their country early?
> How strong football already is in US today?
> Is the average (white) american able to watch a soccer match and understand what's going on?

[1] outside90.com/soccer-officially-now-americas-second-most-popular-sport322/

Bump I guess

It's called football.

In America i would love to call soccer football but its two confusing since we already call football that

I think you should try to change the name of the other sport then. Any sport has more than one name, how else you calls the handegg?

no
because fifa
bad
no
a mediocre one
the mediocre will banter and the greats will shrug
yes
To launder money out of Brazil and steal money from the city of Orlando
because no one understands huehuehuehuehue
it's not strong at all
no

it will never become the number one sport, the NFL has too much momentum and the Super Bowl is the biggest annual event, people care more about the Super Bowl than the presidential election. NFL preseason games have higher ratings than NHL playoff games, and NHL is more popular than soccer. MLS has a looooong way to go.

while it might not i have to agree that since the world cup it seem your national team has become better , i was really surprised by them during it , i mean surely it must have made more people enjoy it to have your team in the world cup no ?

But they have a large population, is it possible that some fraction of them can actually give football some degree of importance in the country?

Who manages the USMNT and why isn't he a retired Italian player? I bet you could get Del Piero no problem

Firstly, we, international community, must push and press on them, so every fucking magazine, journal, media in usoa should start calling this game properly - a football.

Their technique is terrible, it's ugly see them playing.

Its a german cuck(german, u see) who sings american anthem, literally.

i honestly didn't even know they were in the world cup, i've never watched a world cup game. sports illustrated had an article about Mario Gotze's goal in the final, that's all I know about that world cup.

Best one could do is call soccer "European Football," i would think most Americans would understand that means soccer. So change the MLS to Major League European Football, but then that would be dumb. The term soccer comes from "Association Football," but nobody uses the term "association football" anymore. It's too confusing with "Gridiron Football," another term nobody uses. Back in the old times, Association Football was just shortened to soccer now and Gridiron Football shortened to football

the name is handegg

I don't know one person that watches soccer everyone thinks it's gay. I've never even seen it on tv at a sports bar. Little white girls are the only ones who play it.

> Is "soccer" truly becoming the number one sport in US?
No
> Why americans are so interested about soccer now?
Internet, video games
> Is that good or bad to the world of football?
dont care
> Will they understand how our sport and our traditions works?
no
> Will they ruin the sport trying to make profit out of it?
Yes.
> Why didn't they react when Pelé, Ronaldo, Kaká and many others was trying to promote the sport in their country early?
No one knows who these people are.
> How strong football already is in US today?
It's not good at all.
> Is the average (white) american able to watch a soccer match and understand what's going on?
Most would understand that you're supposed to put the ball in the net. Most wouldn't know the rules, offsides, positions, etc.

And soccer isn't the 2nd most popular sport here; not even close.

The playoff game against Ecuador in America's number 1 soccer state didn't even sell out, and not even close too. The NHL sells out regular season games in football stadiums, and baseball stadiums every year.

>7-1

The reason soccer will never get big in the US is every faggot wants to rename it to football.

We have been using that phrase to describe gridiron for more than 100 years and we aren't going to change it now. It just a word, and soccer is a term for football almost as old as football itself.

In Brazil it's the other way, if we ask "What's your team?" and the answer is "I don't have one." we surely will think you are gay. But many brazilians really don't like football either because they think it's the cause of the country's ills or because they didn't received the football culture from their families.

>> Is "soccer" truly becoming the number one sport in US?
Kek, fuck no. It's a solid fifth, sixth if you consider turnleft a sport.
>> Why americans are so interested about soccer now?
We like nationalism, not exactly the actual soccer.
>> Is that good or bad to the world of football?
America being best at something is always good for the world.
>> Will they understand how our sport and our traditions works?
Nope, and we have no interest in doing so. Learn to live with that.
>> What kind of space they are going to occupy in the sport in the next years?
I fully expect America to win the Copa America, Gold Cup, and World Cup.
>> How well other countries will receive them in their "space"?
No idea what this means.
>> Will they ruin the sport trying to make profit out of it?
Probably but it's a shit sport anyway so who cares?
>> Why the brazilian billionaire Flávio Augusto da Silva bought the Orlando City team?
Who cares?
>> Why didn't they react when Pelé, Ronaldo, Kaká and many others was trying to promote the sport in their country early?
Who?
>> How strong football already is in US today?
Women and children play it, much like always.
>> Is the average (white) american able to watch a soccer match and understand what's going on?
Sure. If shitskinned monkeys can understand it of course white people can. It's not exactly a complicated game.

I like America but they ruin every goddamn sport, have you seen those meme fans yelling and singing the most autistic shit there? I would kill myself If I played in the MLS, the teams are literally organized in an autistic fashion, they will ruin football

It's like that for the nfl. Nfl is king, if you don't follow it your surely some kind of Nancy boy

well when the world cup of 1994 was bassicly a big attempt to get the us interested in soccer , but it failed

I've never heard of any of those teams no one cares

Reeves is the new digit man

We have a soccer league?

Is that red bull team named after the energy drink? Lol

Gayest thing I've ever seen

I was visiting Arkansas and the two bars we went to for US vs Belgium were packed with hundreds of Americans there for the game all dresses in red/while/blue. It was nuts

Yeah, the NASL.

That was a gay pride party buddy

I'm 40 and I'm one of the younger regulars at my neighborhood bar out in suburbia. The only games that draw crowds are to watch our local NFL and NCAA football team. Other than that nobody cares about any other games or sports (and we have an NBA team). But this last World Cup, i had them put the World Cup on, and i was surprised that all my fellow regulars were getting into it with me, except the one old guy that came in an immediately complained we wee doing so but i shut him up immediately.

>In fact, in the early days of the sport among the upper echelons of British society, the proper term for the sport was “Soccer”. Not only that, but the sport being referred to as “Soccer” preceded the first recorded instance of it being called by the singular word “Football” by about 18 years, with the latter happening when it became more popular with the middle and lower class. When that happened, the term “Football” gradually began dominating over “Soccer” and the then official name “Association Football”.

>In the 1860s, as in most of history- with records as far back as 1004 B.C.- there were quite a lot of “football” sports in existence being played popularly throughout the world and of course, England. Many of these sports had similar rules and eventually, on October 26th, 1863, a group of teams in England decided to get together and create a standard set of rules which would be used at all their matches. They formed the rules for “Association Football”, with the “Association” distinguishing it from the many other types of football sports in existence in England, such as “Rugby Football”.

>Now British school boys of the day liked to nickname everything, which is still somewhat common. They also liked to add the ending “er” to these nicknames. Thus Rugby was, at that time, popularly called “Rugger”. Association Football was then much better known as “Assoccer”, which quickly just became “Soccer” and sometimes “Soccer Football”.

What's that?

Best colony dropping the truth bombs for shitty sudacas.

A league for Euroboos

If all americans in this thread don't like football then why americans are commenting in every other thread about football???

it's not a bad sport, we're just trying to tell you it's not going to be as popular as you seem to want it to be.

Did anybody mention 3rd world immigrants? They can change American sports and make "soccer" rapidly rise in popularity. I really doubt all those Mexicans are going to watch fucking baseball or hockey.

Because my baseball team is shit and making fun of yuropoors, mexcrements, and sudacas makes me feel better.

a lot of mexicans love baseball and they have their own pro league. there's also a large interest in the sport in Cuba and the Dominican Republic.

Then it would be better choose any other team outside of US and cheer for them, watch their matches, buy jerseys, become an associated fan, follow them in their National League... That way you will enjoy a much better football.

>cheering for foreigners
>ever
Absolutely disgusting.

It's a growth industry.

A forum post.

i can't support a team that i feel no connection to. i would gladly watch them but i'm not going to become a fan.

I like football.

If football(soccer) becomes the #1 sport in the USA, all the best players will move there and Europeans will have to watch the top games in the middle of the night.

But you will learn a lot more in those high quality tournaments and have the privilege of watching the best players of all times playing. Brazilians likes football so much that we cheer for argentinians when it's against europeans, we cheer for portugueses because we are their descendants, we cheer for england because they invented the sport... We always have an excuse. It's not just them same if you just watch, as soon as we see a game going on we choose one side and start to root for it. A few brazilians that likes basketball actually cheer for american teams, just because they are the cream of the sport.

well that's different, i do that too, like if i see a white team playing against a black team like Brazil i will root for the superior white men.

USA made great job.

>tfw soccer is more popular in the USA than in your european 145mln shithole

Nice try Sven. Still not falling for the soccer meme.

Nice try, liberashka.

dickhead go back to /pol

and masturbate on savior of white race kadyrov

And then they all missed the point of the thread as usual...

What's wrong? Some strong alpha chechen bullied you, poor little white boy?

Nigger soccer Mexican nigger Russia faggot soccer gay

Soccer is gay