Ask a guy who registers sex offenders anything

Ask a guy who registers sex offenders anything.

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/10342664
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Where? How many/how often?

Do you think it's fucked up to register someone who had sex with a 17 year old who may have been turning 18 but the prosecutor was over zealous?

I'm not clear on the "how often?" Part. In my area, you are required to register annually (on your birthday or closest date when registration is available). If you are a transient/homeless, you must register every 30 days. My registration window is open one day per week for 8 hours. About 15 customers per week. In CA.

It is not "justice", in my personal opinion.

What part of CA? (I ask because I lived in San Diego for a few years, some time back.)

This. When I was approaching 18, I was terrified of a girl claiming rape and m getting charged as an adult. (Also, when I turned 18, I had to cut things off with 90% of the girls in my school. Similar reasons.)

How about a 16 year old who poses as 18 online. Is it realistic to ask for her ID on a date? Then get caught up in endangering the welfare of a child when she was the one lying?

Different tiers offenders get listed online or not?

your obviously American.
Take this
strawpoll.me/10342664

Not in San Diego.

Amazing. Were you having sex with 90% of the girls in your school?

Do you like cp?

I'm sorry, but that question isn't really in the domain of sex offender registration. But personally, I'd always ask for an ID before I had sex with anyone.

nope.

Looks like a melting Frank Sinatra.

methinks the pedo doth protest too much!!!

...which is why you don't have sex with anyone. You're not fooling anybody here.

Are you a sex offender?

Sorry, missed the part about different tiers. Sexually VIOLENT PREDATORS (using the legal definition) get a nice little SVP bug on their online information.

Do you register sex offenders?

Lol yeah I wish. The girls thought I was "cute", but not that cute. I got about a dozen before I was 18... after I turned 18, they started throwing themselves at me (which was weird because it hadn't been like that before) and I had to say no a lot.

Actually... nowadays... I wish it was that easy. I haven't gotten laid in some time.

Yep. That was what I said in the OP.

Ever have anyone get violent with you at the window? (Or try to?)

Could you help us non-americans who don't understand...

What the fuck does your job entail, actually? I get the impression you have a booth and that sex offenders have to show up and swear that they are not offending or some such?

What do you do for the other 32 of the work week?

You are prob retarded. Look up the age of consent, where I live it's 16, you can fuck them but don't take pics, give them drugs or alcohal and you'll be fine.

Some registrants are angry people. That might be a reason they're at the window in the first place. Occasionally registrants do act out,but I am behind 3/4" bp glass in the lobby of a police station. It ususally doesn't go very far. Hah.

How many of the cases n your opinion are bullshit? I.e a 19 year ild with a 16 year old, etc? Is this common? I hear horror stories but would like to think it's rare.

>You are prob retarded.
Thanks, no.

> Look up the age of consent, where I live it's 16
18 here. Believe me, I keep an eye on that shit.

> you can fuck them but don't take pics, give them drugs or alcohal and you'll be fine.
Safest place to pick up is a bar. They've already been ID'd by the bouncer (or whoever) so if they're in, they're safe.

Sex offenders are in many cases, sentenced by the court to register with their local police agency following their release from prison. They report, fill out a questionaire, give personal details, etc. Their file is forwarded to the detective division for review. They are issued a card that says they are currently registered. Mainly it's about updating their location and work history, and any criminal activity as well.

Most fucked up sexual act you have registered someone under

> bar
> fake id
Guy I went to high school is sitting in jail because he banged a high school chick with a fake ID.

I don't review every case. Sometimes it's better NOT to know what the guy registering has done. Makes it easier to remain emotionally neutral. But we all hear about cases that are bullshit, but opinions differ. Someone who has a registration requirement can apply to have that requirement removed. I had one case last week where that was in fact done. But the paperwork hadn't come through yet, so he still had to register. But a note was made in his file, so if he gets stopped, the officer knows he's off the list in spirit, if not in fact.

That is fucked.

I agree with that. If the ID is good enough to fool a bar, it should be good enough for me.

A fair number of cases are rape with great bodily harm. Angry people. There is a murderer who registers. He was acquitted, but the fact is he did it. So, stuff like that, you know. People who come into other people's lives and fuck them up, and fuck up their families. Social mutilation, if you get my drift.

Is it true that if you are a registered sex offender that you pretty much can't get a job anywhere ?

Just one more comment about the "worst case...", etc. I don't see the worst cases. I see the people who either didn't go to prison, or who are now out of prison. The "worst" cases are probably still in prison, so they are exempt from registration until or if they are released.

Men's Wearhouse supposedly doesn't do background checks. Just sayin'.

Are any people you know or maybe even friends registered.
If so, were they registered by you or by someone else?

Glad you brought that up. I have seen a lot of questionnaires, which list "occupation". It is not a very cheerful picture. Basically, your career path is---well the bridge is blown up, ok? You ain't going nowhere, unless you have connections. But on the other hand a lot of people weren't going anywhere but to prison anyway. That's just the fact. People can change. I believe that. People get bad breaks. People get wrongly convicted. Yep. It happens. But by and large, the guys (and 2 women so far) that come to my window have some definite pathology cooking in their heads.

I don't have any friends who are sex offenders (as far as I know). I did see one guy come through who I knew from seeing him on the street downtown. He was acting out. Nasty, angry, vile potty-mouth stuff. After he saw me in the window, I think he may have moved on. Dunno. I'll find out next month when he registers again (IF he registers again). ONe of those "headed back to prison" types, you know?

How many people get caught for cp a week? How do they look coming out of jail?

Not to malign any particular occupation, but I see a lot of casual laborers, roofers, landscapers listed as occupation on the questionnaires.

How confronting was that? And could you have guessed it when you saw him, did he act strangely/nastily then?

I have no idea what the arrest rate is for cp possession. People coming out of prison strike me as looking very, very stressed. Maybe with a touch of PTSD? Dunno.

In the street he was just acting out. At the window he was well-behaved, but always complaining about how he shouldn't have to do _____ (fill in the blanks). Passive-aggressive shit. Got him exactly nowhere, though.

I ain't clickin dat!