strawpoll.me/10342664/r

Im not American and I know the Indianapolis 500, faggot
But I rather watch the Cocoa-Cola 600

>racing

>Indy 500
>the handegg of automotive sports

why not watch all 3?
F1 - Indy - Nascar

i think its more entertaining then sitting in your moms basement whacking it to sports illustrated

Uhm well because when Nascar starts (I only know the nascar time right now) its almost 1am over here and i have to work

its a holiday here tomorrow.

oh fuck you, i dont have holiday here.

I'm American and I don't give a FUCK nor do I want about Indianapolis 500

thats why NASCAR is OK with starting late.

I know, but I don't care, because NASCAR is as retarded a "sport" as sports can be.

>don't give a FUCK nor do I want
wut

Hm? The Coca-Cola 600 had always been late sunday afternoon into night to monday, but what holiday is overthere?

wrong thread fuck face

Memorial day
yea they changed it this year. not sure why but i love racing that goes from the day into the night. Makes it more interesting.

Mmmm, sorry, I shouldn't've said Nascar, just racing in general. Its retarded. Its the imbecile's sport. Not fun to watch, or listen to people talk about. Hell, going to airshows is more entertaining than going to any race. No matter what circuit or or whatever, all racing is fucking dumb.

Then whats nascar? Cricket

>Kicking a round ball and running for hours with no score, now that's a sport.

What's it like being gay?

>I don't understand, so it's stupid
>All racing is equivalent to NASCAR

You're a silly cunt

I wouldn't know, why don't you tell me, fag?

Americans don't get racing.

I understand it, doesn't mean it's less stupid. Racing is just garbage, if I wanted to watch something go in circles for a couple hours, I'd rather sit in a bathroom and watch the toilet water circle the drain as I flush the toilet over and over and over again. Its be far more entertaining than watching a bunch of hillbillies driving in a circle, praying there's a crash with multiple casualties. Maybe if you were actually racing, i could understand it, but just watching the race? Its the most mindnumbingly boring thing ive had the displeasure of doing. Its just another excuse for rednecks to get drunk and scream.

airshows are safer.... no fun.

Well.. either you are intersted in it.. or not, I think the same about football, neither american football or football/soccer.. how you can watch men fighting over an ball to throw/kick it into an goal? Garbage - but playing actually is fun, but watching? No thanks. Its just about interest, if you dont like it - dont mind it, its okay.

Nah, it's far more exciting watching a plane crash than a couple cars.

>if I wanted to watch something go in circles for a couple hours
>All racing is equivalent to NASCAR

Oval racing is relatively complex. I'll give you it's boring as fuck 99% of the time though.

Indy 500 is European rip off bullshit. American is NASCAR.

>American
>Doesn't know the difference between "Your" and "You're"

sure... when a plane does crash....

Yeah I guess. I think most sports in general are boring, there's other things I could be doing or watching that are more important/entertaining. But racing just takes the cake. To be fair, id probably do better racing than trying to participate in other sports. But I just have no interest in it.

last 50 of the 600 should be intense

I'm not american, but I can probably name at least 50 of the major competitors and winners.

It is one of the three greats of Motorsport: Monaco, Le Mans, Indianapolis.

Yeah, plus planes are just mechanically more interesting to watch, especially in motion. I can go see cars being driven wherever I go. I don't always get to see close up planes doing some flying.

>To be fair, id probably do better racing than trying to participate in other sports.
No way. Try to drive around a track, circles with over 180mph, it takes more than strengh, its not easy as it may look.
I like it, its in my interest, I like the thing and talk about the phsysics that goes into it. Of course most of time - sometimes - its boring but nevermind, still better than some other sport.

To me it pretty much is. Watching people drive cars just isn't very interesting to me. It may be far more interesting and complex to the driver, but as a spectator it does nothing for me.

Does anyone have a link to a free live streaming of the Indy 500?

Yeah I'm aware, I didn't say if be good at it, it just to a bit better at it than if I tried doing other sports. But I agree with to each their own, racing just ain't my thing.

Try vipsports, I'll go with that everytime, its mostly okay, don't know anything better

when you fuck up at basketball
>fall/ball goes in stands
when you fuck up racing
>shit your pants and watch your life flash before you eyes as you tumble in a ball of fire

>Yeah, plus planes are just mechanically more interesting

when you reach F1 / Indy levels of tech, grip and speed, there's not a lot of difference between aircraft and racecars.

Hence you probably don't understand it. Oval racing aside, sprints, drifts, hillclimbs, rallies, endurance are imo alot more interesting to watch. F1 is hit and miss.

Alot of things are based on pit and tyre strategy. If you don't get that, you're basically reading a book in a language you don't understand.

Oh is that the Geoff Bodine's crash in Daytona 2000? He didn't die, but had multiple fractures

yup

That worked. Thanks.

Love that one, pretty much the worst crash in history, my all time favourite, amazing he didn't die.

That worked. Thanks.

I'm not advocating other sports more than racing, I think pretty much all sports are dumb. But just because the possibility of a fatal failure is there doesn't make the actual racing part any more interesting.

Fuck Indy cars. They just can't compete against the superior F1 cars

Yeah I suppose, but it's also like me trying to read a book I couldn't care less about. I'll just put it down and go do something else.

Well when I see a herd of F1 race cars screaming across the sky overhead, then I'll start watching and enjoying racing more.

no but it makes it more exciting.
That is why chess does not have a huge following during world championships

Coke Zero 400, 2015, Austin Dillon? Oh yeah, loved that one, where the engine completply falls apart from the car and is about over 10 feet away from the car, but completly intact, the whole engine itself

Pretty sure, at least for one year, they were actually faster in a straight line. Can't turn them though.

No you just don't understand the book and you decide you don't care about it, but really you have no idea about it.

Don't play: admit you have no idea, accept the fact that your opinion is founded upon the logic of 'I don't get it, so I don't like it' because you're a bit simple in the head.

Chess is more intellectually stimulating. Chess is far more a battle than racing is. And the possibility of something isn't exciting to me, it's when that something is happening. But hours of racing for hopefully a few minutes of wrecks is not a good way to spend my time.

have you ever seen/heard them in person?
If not, i would suggest that first.
or.... go stand on the east end of Nellis AFB during red flag.

on an oval Indy cars rule, road course F1 rules. but your dumb for not understanding the thread

How about I admit that I don't understand it, but I can tell you from experience (learning things I didn't care about) that even if I did understand it, it wouldn't make it any more important or entertaining to me. Knowing how a colon works doesn't mean I suddenly like watching people take a shit. Knowing the 82nd and puts of racing and racing vehicles isn't gonna make me enjoy watching people drive their cars any more.

cant believe some dumb cunt sued....

Thank you for your irrelevant meme.

The coca cola 600 has been run on sunday night of memorial day weekend since 1992 and the time of 6pm has been run since 2001. It did not just change this year guy.

Ins and outs* fucking retarded phone autocorrect.

what race did they just change to a night race sir?

I have actually heard them in person. But I'm just not a car guy. Its just not what I enjoy.

when?
you don't find it enjoyable to feel the thud in the ground as they are shifting?

wuuuut

Comparing how a colon works to sport, makes it pretty clear that you are either autistic, or have some other mental deficiency.

cause she got hit with some debris during the crash. Sued for like 15 grand or something

Not really, just shows how I feel about watching sports. Its boring, slightly repulsive, and there's literally a universe of other things I'd rather be doing.

She? Who? Some spectator got hit from the debris and got 15grand? No clue about that but wow lol

>what i like is complaining about things i don't like

Eh, as racing goes, I agree that F1 is the better tier, but just racing in general is not a thing that gets my blood going. I saw F1 race in Montreal visiting family one year, I think it was 2013 or 2014 or something. It was alright, but not something I'd make into a hobby.

lmao what do you consider le elite gentleman's sport then? the one with the niggers throwing a ball around or the one with the cubans throwing a ball around?

>Indy
>Not the Burgurking

Kindly see yourself out.

during the Dillon crash at Daytona.

lol no, there's still a huge difference. like, a separate axis worth of difference.

Never heard of it

Pretty much. Complaining is a great way to get rid of stress, why do you think so many women do it all the time?

looks like a poor mans Formula 1

>Your not American

Oh, lord

its def cheaper to run cars
its to make it more competitive, unlike the nigger winning all the F1 races last year

If you've read my other comments, you'll see I said I don't enjoy sports. But pretty much any sport is better than racing, considering for any other sport you at least have to be in a modicum of good shape. You don't see very many athletes out their with stubby legs and a fat, beer-belly dad bod, yet I've seen more than a few in the ranks of professional drivers. They're all pretty boring as a spectator sport, though.