Why can't we have a major tournament every year? World Cup every 2 years and continental tournaments every 2 years...

Why can't we have a major tournament every year? World Cup every 2 years and continental tournaments every 2 years. I'm sure it could be worked out somehow to shorten the qualification process. Summers without WC or Euro feel so empty, and nobody cares about fucking Confederations Cup anyway.

I mean, don't you feel sometimes that this sport is run by idiots who don't know how to sell and market it properly? Same with club game, everybody gets buttblasted at the very mention of club Euroleague, but it's going to happen eventualy, it actually should have happened like 10 years ago, just like expanding Champions League beyond only actual league champions happened too late. Imagine all those epic CL seasons we missed because most big teams played in Uefa Cup and Cup Winners Cup. Now CL is done, mostly boring, we need something new to take it's place.

It would also be great to have actual, serious Club World Cup or World League, unfortunately travel distances make this very hard to organize. But still, it's 2016, surely there are regeneration methods available for professional athletes?

Let's have a serious discussion on how to improve this sport and make it be a constant party 365 days a year.

But we have.

World Cup
Copa America
Euro
Confederations Cup

But we do have a major tournament every year.

2015: Copa América
2016: UEFA European Championship
2017: FIFA Confederations Cup
2018: FIFA World Cup

I like the 1 year break from EC and WC, makes it more special desu.

Also fuck FIFA if they change any of them to the Winter months.

By the power of the Internet!!

>Why can't we have a major tournament every year?
the champions league used to be the major tournament until this season

Confederatiins cup is a joke. Its nostly 'friendly'-tier or summer audi-cup tier tournament.

Because why? It would be too much.
The worth of Euro/World cup is so big, because its happens once in 4 years, like O.G.

p.s. o.g.2016 gonna be shit and should not be listed in wikipedia as proper and worthy, since russians will not parcipiate

p.p.s. it could be the only games in last decades where white guy could win 110 m hurdles sprint, so sad now

The average divegrass off-season is only 1 or 2 months isn't it? You don't know true suffering until you experience a 9-month off-season as a massive fan of handegg, whose seasons only last barely 3 months.

Also club soccer has become extremely monetized and is now much bigger than international soccer, when it used to be the opposite.

The UEFA Nations League will be a nice addition

>Confederations Cup

Also Copa America is usually terrible, this year is the first good one since... well, I don't even remember. On the other hand it's first bad Euro in decades and it can still get good.

It should be like this
2010 World Cup
2011 Euro Copa America etc.
2012 World Cup
2013 Euro Copa America etc.
etc.

Also as I said club game needs major changes. I mean club football really needs a massive, worldwide competition, Champions League is not good enough anymore, it's time is gone. We need some mass-marketable, insanely entertaining league/tournament like American sports have. Literally football version of NBA or whatever, preferably one that would play all year long.

i think the euros are good this year. and i think they will get even better.

last years copa america was better. whoever decided to put in the usa was stupid. we need a copa america with peak suarez.

confed cup is fun. so what if it's not the world cup? it's still good.

do you people even like soccer?

The problem is that is it reduces the prestige and importance of every competition, as a world champion only reigns for 2 years.

>I mean club football really needs a massive, worldwide competition
I agree with you on that point. A World Cup of clubs, with 32 clubs, one per country, would be much more interesting than the current FIFA Club World Cup.

I don't buy this "it's special because it's happens only once in 100 years" argument. I want to be entertained, football is entertainment. I honestly think that the old system of national leagues + Champions League + World Cup once every 4 years is done. It just doesn't deliver enough big games, big tournament, big parties for modern times, internet era. World Cup every 4 years made sense in fucking fifties, not in 21st century.

Look what happenes today, only one game tonight and people are already complaining it's not enough, wanting more. After that we get 2 months of shit and in September another boring season.
Who wants to watch another season of Real and Barca raping Spain?
We ALREADY know that Bayern, Juve and PSG will win league titles. That's how fucking boring football seasons are now.
Champions League? Few big games a season, that's not enough.

More info?

Year 1: World cup
Year 2: Asian cup + African cup (played in summer)
Year 3: Euros + Copa America (played once every 4 years, enough with this worse than African scheduling)
Year 4: Confederations cup

>bad Euro
It is not bad at all. We are just in the most boring part of it. As UEFA chose to put more teams,so the quality has kind of dropped,in the early stages.

the beauty of the world cup is that it only happens once every four years

Players play a lot of games m8. If they played a WC/EC every year,they will have physical problems all the time. A 1 year break is actually a great idea

don't be a little fucking plastic then and support an actual club like Swansea.

>Also Copa America is usually terrible, this year is the first good one since... well, I don't even remember.
last years was fucking odd, this years is simply memes, with meme results and because the euros is going on at the same time it gets more attention also.

also despite the majority of top athletes being on some kind of ped over there career, adding more games would not only shorten their careers but make the quality of football on show terrible.

Its called Champions League

is that actually happening?
looks pretty cool desu

Fuck you, Ivan already told you and that's totally correct!

I wouldn't be as appealing.

Just seeing your NT every two years makes it special, it's something you really wait for. This anticipation and excitement that starts before the tournament makes so much.

Seeing your NT all the time would turn it into "just some team"...

Just hire more players, its a much better opportunity for them to play games instead of shtting one some arab oil merchants bench doing nothing

Also: Does anybody still sees these big teams?

In Germany, it much more appealing to see 2nd Bundesliga and beyond. The further you go down, the more real football will you see and not just hurr durr Buyern spoiling everybody's fun.

Piotr, I always thought your people would be passionate about football...

>actual club like Swansea

As I said I want to be entertained. That means I want to see some good football played by top-tier, legendary players. That's the reason most people support big clubs. It's not like some Swansea - Stoke game can deliver magic like Iniesta or Zidane.

I'm a plastic: the post.

Better yet, why don't we have a WC every year?

That way I can be disappointed every year

>Just hire more players, its a much better opportunity for them to play games instead of shtting one some arab oil merchants bench doing nothing
That is not how marketing works. Besides,roasters have a cap on the number of players they can have. That cap would have to be risen,and low budget competitive teams,like Atletico would be fucked.

It's a tournament with promotion/relegation that will take place during the season to replace all those boring friendlies

It'll cause more competitive games and countries playing against other countries in their own quality

But it would be global or local? Havent big clubs lobbied against it?

this, there is a simple solutions to more games in a season - bigger squads. Right now it's what, 23, 25? Make it 30+ and you can play all year. And more squad rotations, more games mean more chances for young and reserve players to develop, get experience, build-up form etc.

as I said I really don't buy "that's what makes it special" argument

Imagine if we had additional World Cups in 2000 and 2004. They would probably be 1998-tier. All those legendary players. Just think about those epic games we missed.

What about guys like Reus who got injured in 2014 and 2016? What about guys like Fernando Redondo, who didn't get called up in 1998 and did not get to play a World Cup when in his prime because of that?

We had Euros in 2000 and 2004 anyways. They were shit btw

It's only for European nations and the games take place on international breaks that have now been used exclusively for international friendlies.

It just adds replaces some friendlies with competitive games, and the grand winner wins qualification to the next euro's and some prestige

It won't actually change anything for club teams, the only thing it'll do is make the international breaks a bit more exciting (the friendly ones, Euro qualification remains the same)

>Make it 30+ and you can play all year. And more squad rotations, more games mean more chances for young and reserve players to develop, get experience, build-up form etc.
That way you kill teams like Atletico or Borussia out of any title run.

I agree with Polebro. The World Cup every 2 years and Euro/Copa in non World Cup years system would be based as fuck. Just scrap Confederations cup and maybe slightly reduce the number of club games.

The biggest issue I see is completely reworking Euro/World Cup qualification systems

Thats those leagues own problem for letting one or two teams get too strong. More real game time means more better players, these big teams buying up any talented young players and then sitting them on a bench in their most important years when they should be playing for a team is why they never develop, this is why the pool of good players is shinking - because those big money teams and killing the sport with greed.

>they were shit btw
wut? Euro 2000 was the best Euro in history of the competition, actually the best NT tournament I've ever seen

>That way you kill teams like Atletico or Borussia out of any title run.
how about they develop some youth players? I don't get all this complaining about big teams having more money. It only matters when you're not regularly producing good young players (it's cheap, you know? compared to transfers) and if your team is full of mercenaries. I mean Bayern regularly buys best players from teams that absolutely hate Bayern. What does that say about those players?

It's the fucking Bosman ruling, it killed middle-class teams like Ajax and Porto who coudln't keep their CL winning teams in 1995 and 2004.

European competitions is not only about national teams m8. Atletico is able to compete with every team because their roaster is smaller,if you just make them increase the roaster,bigger teams would just outsustain them,or just buy even more young talents

*are

They develop young talent,but they cant produce it at such a high speed. Most of their youth players will most likely be mediocre,just few selected players like Koke would stand. Allowing bigger teams to have even more players,would just mean that they could buy even more young talents

Sounds like a true american

>it's cheap, you know? compared to transfers
There a lot of costs hidden in having a good youth team. It costs time, money because you have to build scouts and network (costs that inevitably get bigger if more teams got involved), and it's a lot more complicate than dealing with already formed players.

Euro 2012 was amazing

Euros are usually amazing. The problem with this one,is that UEFA allowed too many meme teams to play until QF arrive dont expect good matches