Alright, Sup Forums, hit me with the pros and cons of suicide

Alright, Sup Forums, hit me with the pros and cons of suicide

PRO: You are dead
CON: You won't be able to witness how the world succumbs in shit :D

Pros: You end your suffering

Cons: You are completely gone from earth, losing friends, family and any good memories you may have

You'll regret it for the rest of your life.

Pro ur an hero to all of us, forever immortalized
Con u care what faggots on Sup Forums think

hahahahhhaahhaaah xDDDDDDDDDDdd AYYLMAO'D SO HARD

low tier kek/10

Literally no pros or cons to suicide...

this thread has been a letdown so far

Pro: you're dead
Con: you're dead

End of list.
So fuck you

Pro: You will finally succumb to sweet oblivion, free from the burden of existence.

Con: Given an eternity of time it is a mathematical certainty you will be reborn, subjecting you to existence again. Bugger.

why so salty, nigger?

Pro: no more suffering, ever.
Con: you will never get to play Half-Life 3 or see Evangelion 3.33+1.11.

Pros: You get to find out where you go after you die

Cons: You won't exist anymore

not necessarily a con though, is it?

PROS: ???

CONS: dead, family sad, no more video games

Pro is what you make of it.

Con is that you lose everything that you are. Your memories, your fantasies, your interests, opinions, personality. All of this is stored in your brain and once that dies it's gone. Will happen to all of us, but it's something to consider.

PROS: You won't suffer anymore
CONS: Your family will do it for you

Pros: No more pain, freedom at last from everything the world demands. Prove you can do something on your own and take control.

Cons: Unable to experience anything good ever again. Will likely cause extreme emotional distress for at least one person in your life. Will make a mess for some 911 folks to clean up, because even if you do something clean like hanging you still shit yourself when you die.

Pros: We don't have to see threads from you anymore
Pros: Your family doesn't have to deal with you anymore
Pros: You're an attention seeking twat with no redeeming value, and the world would be better off without you

Cons: Slightly less pills for the rest of us until the company makes more.

>Unable to experience anything good ever again

Good is just an illusion of dopemine being released in your body. Good doesn't exist.

PROS: ends all your suffering.
CONS: ends all your pleasure as well.

pros: you'll have gone through with what i was contemplating last week before just seeking treatment like my mind told me to
cons: you won't be walking in the world i am today or any world for that matter when the solution was just a different medication other than the two i was already on
i know depression is terrible, you stop seeing light in the world, and all that. you feel as though no one actually gets what you're going through, and no matter how many people with depression tell you they went through the same thing, they're actually fucking wrong unless they went through/are going through the EXACT same circumstance, have the EXACT same thought patterns as you and have the EXACT same chemical imbalance. chances for that are as follows: fuck all. don't bother going to a regular physician when you get help, either. they'll just put you on lexapro or something weak like that and call it a day, like a school nurse who treats all stomachaches with tums. go to an actual psychologist and psychiatrist. if the psychologist asks you if you just want to do therapy instead of getting meds, just tell him no, and that the risks at this point of going on medication are greatly outweighed by the benefits. if you are currently on psychoactive medication for something, ask to see your psychiatrist as soon as possible. also try to attend actual therapy, as fucking retarded as it sounds, they help you reframe things in your head, whether it's lies, who the fuck cares. this is your world, everyone else lives in it.

>Con is that you lose everything that you are. Your memories, your fantasies, your interests, opinions, personality. All of this is stored in your brain and once that dies it's gone. Will happen to all of us, but it's something to consider.

I like your con. Sad thought indeed,

dopamine gets released in your body when you see something happen that your brain perceives as good. by saying that good doesn't exist because it's a hormonal perception, would also be to say that nothing exists because it too is only a perception.

Not on meds right now. In fact, I never have been. However, I have tried therapy but that did not turn out so good. Thought I now would take a somewhat rational approach to it.

If you are not extremely old or extremely sick death is an accidental by-product of suicidal thinking. Wishing to die has a function, there is no pro to actually dying

Ignore these assholes.

They don't know your pain.

The pain that can only be ended by the sweet release of death.

Your family will be sad, yes,for a time. But you know they don't really loveyou that much. They'll move past it. They'll love and laugh again. After a few months you'll be something they can use to garner sympathy from people when they don't want to do something. "I would do it, but my heart isn't in it. Today was my brothers birthday" "i thought it was in September'" "Oh it is, but he was nuts so he celebrated it in July.."

You can kill yourself. Just crawl into the tub and do what you were going to do and try not to make too much of a mess.

At night, when I go to bed and fall asleep, there are times I feel connected to something bigger, something we, as humans, cannot understand.
pros of suicide is that, hey, at least you don't have to go to work tomorrow.
cons of suicide: you'll die a virgin kek

Not a virgin so no cons to suicide. Sweet.

New con: you wont ever get to experience the warmth of a wet pussy ever again.

If you kill yaself you free us of your whining shit

Everyone's perspective of good and bad is different, therefore an illusion. e.g Pyschopaths

Considering

okay, from what i have noticed, therapy is like 10%, the other 90% is my meds that are helping me. go get some meds, if you have GAD like i started with at 16ish, you have a chance of being put on benzodiazepenes. i will not lie to you- they are the greatest high on earth for being relieved of anxiety, you may feel a bit "zombified" for a while but that is highly overestimated by most and it's becoming more and more alarming the more i hear it because there are people who need these meds who are afraid of them because they don't want to be "zombies."recently i was struck with two very devastating life events, and had to receive additional medication because it was discovered i had major depressive disorder as well as ocd. i was put on more medication, and felt like shit as well as being pretty much told that if i went one step closer to suicidal thoughts (developing a plan) that i would need to be hospitalized. i made it to my doctors before that point. if you do the same, you'll feel so much better.

>tfw want to kill self but i gotta stay alive to hold my boyfriend in my arms and tell him that i love him first

Pros:
-you wont see the economic system fall after the US elections between Trump and Hillary
-you will contribute to society by being one less mouth to feed
-if you have life insurance, you can leave your loved ones ~$500,000
-you can fuck with people by writing false confessions on your note
[ex: to anyone reading this just know, the illuminati is real and they came after me because i found out they planned 9/11 and they put hitler in power]
-you wont feel any pain after its over
Cons
-[insert a bad part of suicide]

also if you're worried about potential sexual partners or anything of that nature, they really don't seem to care, and some of them kind of see it as courageous that you're brave enough to seek help despite popular criticism.

I believe in an afterlife but that shit about the brain makes sense. Fuck.

Still believe in souls and life after death, but perhaps we won't be the same.

Pro: you die CON: You are dead

There is no such thing as a "chemical imbalance" that outlines depression as an illness. Depression is a normal adaptive response to a long term stressor, just like starvation or a fever is a response to long term lack of food or a pathogen. Your chemistry, especially neurochemistry, is constantly being regulated according to environmental stressors. I hate how the pharma industry calls things "imbalanced" and "dysregulated" when there is no evidence of this being a maladaptive response. Every single psychoactive clinical drug works based on really primitive mechanisms compared to what happens in your brain, they are like hammers to a finely crafted watch.

This guy gets it.

i understand that actually but i was trying to use more layman's terms, i know it's bad to spread false information but in the case of a potential suicide i find this to be a white lie.

as for the clinical drugs being like hammers to a finely crafted watch, you're damn right they are, but what good is a watch that's not even there to begin with?

you will never be a wrinkly old shit

Pro: you go from a disappointment to a tragedy which is the only meaningful change you'll ever make

I'm not saying it shouldn't be treated, I'm just saying SSRIs are not the answer.

pros: no more feelings of pain or anxiety or any worry of any kind.

cons: no more feelings of elation or excitement or any joy of any kind.

Life has always been optional. The remaining world functions with or without it, life is just there as a way for this damp space rock to be like "oh hey this is neat" to itself.

really? i'm genuinely curious as to what you would recommend. i've been taking ssri's for fuck knows how long now, and haven't had a problem other than a bit of a shorter fuse that could be more explained along the lines of "i now have a fuse." not to discredit your opinion, of course but you have piqued my interest.

pros: you don't have to worry about seeing the new ghost busters
cons: you're still a faggot

ends your suffering but everyone you know will think you're a selfish prick and be sad they didn't do anything to help you. When I was depressed that was the biggest detractor for me

There are no fucking pros and cons in killing yourself. You die, that's it.
Pros: You die.
Cons: You just fucking die.

The evidence for SSRIs just isn't that strong. You can work out and reach a more statistically significant result than taking SSRIs. Point is, pharma companies only publish positive results and they get to design the studies. You are better off with therapy and support from other human beings. Me and you both know SSRIs aren't meant to tackle the source of the problems to begin with..