Why is this goal so highly revered when it is clearly a cheat? i don't get soccer fans

why is this goal so highly revered when it is clearly a cheat? i don't get soccer fans

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Falklands_War
youtube.com/watch?v=1wVho3I0NtU
youtube.com/watch?v=PRXbYf5qZRg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

> being outjumped by a 5'5 manlet

Because muh goosebumps

(((OP))): It's because the jewish untermenschen known as england were literally btfo of the cup by the greatest player ever. A frined of Castro. An admirer of El Che. Now, get a little less fat, you ignorant kike.

>use of hand
>btfo
no it's a cheat

it's a popular goal but not in a positive way. when you hear "the grat goal maradona scored against england" they refer to the other one. where he dribbled everything on his way.

That goal is not revered
The other goal when he dribbles past every english player - that's revered

It's not revered, it's just considered iconic.

That's because youu don't have passion, ANGLO spawn.

That's why tyrone ends taking all your women.

The second goal is the revered one.

Maybe it's because there was a war in the background of this game, one between Argentina and England, when this match happened. Said war was still fresh in the minds and memory of everyone involved.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Falklands_War

History validates the Brits these days, but back then there was HUGE anti-English sentiment towards England and the English in general, so obviously the football team had said resentment towards them as well. It did help that the producer of the HoG goal, Maradona, Argentina's main man and star back in the day, was... well, Maradona. A lot of football fanatics loved him back then, not just Napoli fans. So he literally got away with THE most infamous goal in football history (before Suarez one upped him many years later) because... there was a need of a Karmic victory for the Argentinians at the time? A lot more remember his second goal, when he skipped 5 opposing defenders to score and win the match for Argentina. I suppose the HoG is more of an example of what a famous footballer can get away with when the lack of decent technology, referring and bias comes in the way. It is still revered because MARADONA GOT AWAY WITH IT. It's still unbelievable to this day.

Although this also could have been karmic punishment for the 1966 goal that never was (or so they say) that helped the Brits win the WC trophy of 1966. The Germans will definitely say so. Take your pick.

Because then he scored this

Cheating overrated cokehead 2bh

Tl;dr

Who the fuck jumps like this, with their arms in the air?

Olivier Giroud?

Cheaters.

Didn't that also happen after the Falkland Islands conflict? Thus making it more personal?

wew the bobble on that pitch tho, didn't realise it before

yes

Yep.

Nobody really celebrates the goal, it's just Argentinians feel like it was justice for the Falklands war, which is a bit pathetic tbqh.

Maradona himself said he can't believe he got away with it and openly admits to cheating, he described himself as a thief in the night and stealing >our wallet.

Because cheeky banter. Also, it is remarkable the way the goal was allowed, i mean, he had to actually stretch that arm great lenghts and celebrate the goal so shamelessly to make the referee doubt himself. Great bluffing there, not a minor accomplishment, desu they deserve that goal just for the gigantic bullshit they pulled off

God's hand literally intervened to bash the eternal anglo-jewish scum. Deal with it, anglo-jewish scum.

>this butthurt

>why is this goal so highly revered when it is clearly a cheat? i don't get soccer fans

It isn't.
Not by anyone who lives in the expensive countries, anyway.
It stands as a perfect example of cheating, of exactly what makes soccer so unpalatable to adult North Americans, and of how cultures outside of the Canada-USA-Northern European countries accept and encourage not just cheating but whining, play-acting as adults, and all sorts of weak behaviour.

It makes good people feel the way decent people feels when they see this pic of men climbing school walls to help kids in scholl exams, cheat.
Cheating builds a hollow and inherently weak culture.

>muh falkland war
a shitty war, a shitty game, a shitty sport. seriously soccer fans will defend this as some sort of redemption when he clearly hit the ball in with his hand. ref shouldve caught it. goes to show how crap they and the sport are

The ref saw it though, he admitted it 10 years later but said FIFA paid him because they wanted England out of the competition.

>A lot more remember his second goal, when he skipped 5 opposing defenders to score and win the match for Argentina.

5 defenders?
lolwut?
not the way I see that tape.

thats just sad. reason why i never watched soccer in the first place

no one, but no one, considered that even close to a real war.
it was more like a protracted dispute about a parking ticket, ffs.

wut???
source

>desu they deserve that goal just for the gigantic bullshit they pulled off

Mexican values, ladies & gentlemen.
And you wonder why Mexico can't get its shit together.

In the same match he did the best goal of all time, and the worst goal of all time.

As a soccer fan I hate it, even Diego said that "The ball (game) shouldn't get dirty"

Not really, of course it didn't have much impact on the world today but the scenes on TV of dead Argentine conscripts being laid out in rows on the beaches and the sinking of the Belgrano hit a lot of people emotionally and got ABE's riled up to no end.

Typical. Argentina are scum

The best goal of all time?
Certainly the most over-hyped goals of all time.
Looked at objectively, it doesn't warrant that attention.
SHow it to a non-soccer fan and they'll say, "Oh, nice one!"
But they won't lose their mind the way they would with some of Roberto Carlos' amazing shots, or some of R9's or Ronaldinho's or Messi's or other's goals.
Obviously FIFA pushed it to the hilt to cover up for the hand ball.

guys running and no one wants to seriously stop him
in modern game it would be a shirt pull tactical and a yellow

>leaf trying to surpass australians so hard
I thought it was a Sup Forums only phenomena.

it is strange if you consider all the shit that Henry got for his hand

maradona is my god!

It's not. Typical South American cheating scum (except Chile, Chile are cool). Can't win by normal means so have to find a way to refball England out of the tournament.

Argentina didn't feel that way, they're still mad about it today.

It's literally just because it's England. Every other nation hates us

desu this is just poor defending. Messi does this on a weekly basis and will never receive the same recognition.

> who is roberto rojas?

>Implying the "sport" or fans care about integrity

>leaf talking about integrity

Because he made 2 goals in that match. One was the highest level of football skill that could be shown, the other was the absolute negation of football and the elevation of man's determination ability and capacity to grab the moment.
In that match he was the alpha and the omega of football.

It is because of the lack of integrity in SA. It is also why their politicians accept bribes so easily. Their continent has not been as exploited as nearly bad as Africa has but yet there are some South American countries that are Liberia tier. Notice how since the WC has been expanded into 32 teams the only team from SA to win the WC has been Brazil who actually know how to play? Now that there is so much scrutiny on the game they can't afford to meme and cheat their way to victory. I can't wait until we take over this sport and finally inject some sportsmanship into it.

Which one's better?

(without having in consideration the context, just the goal)

youtube.com/watch?v=1wVho3I0NtU

>USA don't get football

Because it's the only thing worthy of Maradona to talk about that overrated roided manlet piece of shit

Maradona still had defenders trailing him when he scored. One of them was close to deflect the ball.
When Messi scored the defenders had already given up.

>given up
Like Mexico yesterday after the chileans first gol.

we may have lost Malvinas, but we have ElDiego

>2 moves and some pace

Most overrated shit ever.

The entire sport is corrupt as fuck. They don't care about rules or ethics

>defenders had already given up
you must be an expert on this considering the cholocaust

I've seen plenty of people defend it. People also aggressively defend Suarez handball save as fine because he got punished so therefore it was within the rules. People are honestly fucking retarded

We always get refballed because we don't recognise fifas self proclaimed god status

See - lampard, Hand of God, beckham

>People also aggressively defend Suarez handball save as fine because he got punished so therefore it was within the rules
it literally is, just like a last defender deciding to foul a rival to avoid a goal and getting red carded. Suárez sacrificed himself for the team

We love you too, you fucking pirate

>Which is better? Crap team in Spanish league or team in World Cup Final?

No one revers that goal, only dirty Argentinians who for some reason consider that filthy drug addict a demigod.

Only Hispanics really see . Suarez never had a chance going into England. Didn't really help himself in the slightest though.

everyone enjoyed the badteeth's demise.

>selfish asshole manlet wont pass the ball
>revered as a hero

It's only selfish if he doesn't score

youtube.com/watch?v=PRXbYf5qZRg
underrated

Reminds me of this.

>Messi does this on a weekly basis and will never receive the same recognition.
He does this against Granada you fucking cuck
(and he's already received 5 Meme D'or's and a shitload of other awards anyways)

This is not poor defending at all
And that Argentina wasn't the greatest team either...Diego practically won it for them

>People also aggressively defend Suarez handball save as fine because he got punished so therefore it was within the rules.

What else was Suarez supposed to do?

>Pretending the NFL isn't corrupt
>Pretending deflated balls are not a thing
>Pretending Roger Goodell doesn't get bribed every season

por que maradona es el mejor!!

y... el otro gol en el mismo partido

>He does this against Granada
and against madrid and many others

Rojas was actually condemned by that, he is remembered because that stupid action. In other hand Argies praise la mano de Dios.

>Who is Sergio Jadue?

>Except Chile
I hope you enjoy a go with Vidal next WC