The game is supposed to have 18 000 000 000 000 000 000 planets in it. That's an 18 followed by 18 zeros...

The game is supposed to have 18 000 000 000 000 000 000 planets in it. That's an 18 followed by 18 zeros. So lets say every star in the game has 10 planets. That's still 1 800 000 000 000 000 000 stars. If we say that each galaxy is on average the size of the milky way containing 100 billion stars (100 000 000 000) and we do some simple division, we have 18 000 000 galaxies in this game. That's 18 million galaxies.

The goal is to get to the center of the starting galaxy. So it only seems natural to assume that there is intergalactic travel. And if you can travel intergalatically, that makes getting to the center of the universe a kind of inconsequential point. So it doesn't seem much of a stretch to come up with the idea that once you get to the center of the galaxy you unlock intergalactic travel. Sean Murray has dropped hints about this. I forget which video I saw him say this in but he said something very close to...

youtube.com/watch?v=X2G8w-GB05Q

You think the game is on one scale, then suddenly you pull back and you realize how much grander it is

Not an exact quote, but that's essentially what he said. Besides, it kind of makes sense just from a gameplay point of view. You take all this time, traveling all this way. The reward is a hyperdrive that allows you to travel just about anywhere instantly, including other galaxies. I think that make sense. Because what if you want to go back to a world you found near the beginning of the game. Do you have to make the long journey back step by step? Unlikely. But of course, this is all just speculation.

Just curious what you neckbeards think.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lOd586qkDKM
youtube.com/watch?v=CLcjvIQJns0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Cool

Thanks buddy make sure to leaf and subsidies.

talk nigs

One galaxy is more than enough for any number of players. Giving you access to more galaxies that are just the same procedurally generated stuff is exactly worthless

what makes you think whatever there isnt gonna be worthless?

I think Hitler was innocent.

Yeah you and every other [re-millennial

The game is like 10gb so don't expect much

nah its copy pasta from game faqs lol

Is it randomly generated?

Pretty sure your math is off at the end and it should only be 1.8 million galaxies. Still fucking huge though...
99% of it is procedurally generated, so it doesn't need to be any where near as large as say, GTAV with a 65Gb install size.

That being said, planets are single biome and small. The number of parts for the procedural animals is limited and while you won't see exact duplicates, you will see that is only just slightly different, over and over again.

That all being said, the idea is a good one and I would like to see them build it out over time

No Mans Sperg: Autist Sky

I can already see YouTube being taken over by a bunch of let's play faggots.

He was guilty
of trying to preserve the white race.

of course
ah yeah probably haha oh well fuck math..
and I like the way they are doing that.

thats the plan

Tl,Dr

ty for the bump though, hope one day your brain capacity can handle this stuff.

I think the game is going to be incredibly shallow and boring.

Space exploration is neat, but I feel it's going to get old over time. You'll start to notice a pattern in the game's "random procedural geneation" or whatever the fuck they call it.

Finding random things that have a set pattern and getting to be the first to discover them is only novel for so long.

There's a gathering and crafting system and combat but I feel those will be simplistic and shallow as the emphasis is primarily on exploration.

If it were $20 instead of the outrageous $60 they're asking for I'd be interested, but it just doesn't seem like it would hold my interests for very long

If its true that you can name everything as long you are the one who discover it?

How would you name the center of the universe anons?

>hitler did nothing wrong
or
>niggers

>"Butt farts"

>shallow and boring

I think most people think that. You know all the reviewers will give it a 9/10 and call it innovative and applaud the "art style". All aboard the hype train.

I'd name it after my yt channel for millions of dollars, Or maybe Miami.

>Basing your opinion off of paid off shill reviews
>Shiggy

Anyways, what do you care what I think? I'm just giving my opinion on it. Doesn't mean you have to accept it and not buy this game you're clearly hyped and interested in.

Did you really think telling me reviewers gave it a good score was going to change my already made up opinion of the game?

>planet piss and if this game EVER comes out!

ive been waiting for it for a long time

>theres a reason its the most anticipated game of 2016

not the anaon you're replying to, but I think you fully misunderstood his reply. He was actually agreeing with you

i'm really keen to try this game out. but so much of the game requires other players. i don't want to end up buying this and flying around alone with nobody to trade with.

its gonna be sad if that happens :(

also, i dont see how they can make it look better than Elite: Dangerous. but that's more technically orientated than this minecraft-in-space clone will be.

its been in development for 3 years. That's not long.

It does seem incredibly shallow. It's basically a repeat of the hype train that Spore had before launch. Anyone remember that fiasco? I think this game will under-deliver on unique experiences / gameplay like Spore

Excuse me sir, you dropped your notation.

1.8x10^19

Please be more careful next time.

Spore was sweet.

it comes out june 21.

been that way for a while.

it's not half-life 3

august m8. got delayed again.

did you type out after the youtube link?

>Spice Pirates are attacking your colony

I enjoyed spore.

but this guy is right. end game was just peddling spice. and getting your ass kicked by the machines

youtube.com/watch?v=lOd586qkDKM

Its been delayed. Sub to stay up to date my man I gotchu.

Nah man, Its hyperlinked for me. Does it automatically.

True story, but I put about 30 hours into it. I enjoyed making my one species. Plus the expansion added some cool stuff for the end game.

when i found out there were no load times, i ordered the fuck out of it.

>theres never been a game like it before.
>collectors item for sure

Ay good point. That is probably the one new thing they are actually doing.

I'm about 12 minutes into this video atm. Eh not sure how I feel about it tbh, seems a bit bland for more liking. I get that it's big and lots to "explore", ok great. But I don't see any clear goals, missions, objectives, likeable characters, big beasts to kill, no conflict (unless you create it by attacking things), there's nothing going for it aside from "look how big this universe is". Also, with a universe this large, it seems to me that you could go god knows how long before you bump into another player. Some kind of pvp type stuff could make it a bit more interesting at least. I think I'll give this one a miss, at least until it comes down in price.

youtube.com/watch?v=CLcjvIQJns0

Starbound did the same thing

they are doing more of a DIY immersive thing where you have to create the narrative. There are some cool things you may not have heard like learning the languages of aliens species so you can better trade with them. Things like that.

No they didn't.

>can't into modern gaming

go play your duke nukem, grandpa.

Cuck a sock.

Day one Spore was way too shallow and lacked any real gameplay. It was overhyped and lacked many of the promised mechanics/ features. It eventually got patched and expanded into an okay game, but the launch was a disater

Looks like a boring version of Spore

The creators have said that when playing and your pal is playing... chances are you will never ever find eachother ever. If you do find someone it's probably some troll. And then they will shoot you down. Only to be respawned a million light-years away in a galaxy so far away. It's neat but if going to be the next habo hotel

The penis monsters were cool man

I bet it's just some minimalistic shit mechanic like "find collectible to learn x species' language" or "scan x species 50 times", to then unlock a trading system that pretty much works by itself

idk about you, but I've never bought a game the day it was released. at least not since N64 times. these days especially. nothing works right when it first comes out, it seems. I tend to give big games at least a year before bothering with them because they are always being updated.

1. everyone knows this
2 you will not respawn in a new galaxy you will respawn in the closest space station
3 how the fuck is this like habbo? habbo was way cooler

Release date: Sometime never

what if it actually required you to learn their language.

No, you must find things resembling the rosetta stone. Each stone will unlock one word for you and you will slowly learn to understand. One of the cooler mechanics if it works right.

it's going to be randomly generated shit. planets will all look the same aside from a few different shapes, sizes & colors. the wild life will all be the same too. honestly, waste of money. once you've seen 5 planets you've seen all 18,000,0* of them.
>pic semi-related bc alien penis

This game is just in one galaxy is it not?

proof?

Not from what i've been hearing but honestly im not even sure if the devs know they are so all over the place.

is that you Spoole?

Standard

What the fuck? No.

maybe 2 weeks it will be doing good but after lets player scum will be playing the game, it wont sell anymore.

Its jaded asshats like you guys that keep developers from putting out new ideas.

If the hype is bullshit, at least i was excited and dreamt of something greater. If it isn't, you look like a jackass. Really your position is lose lose. And before anyone says it, $60 is like an hour and a half of my time. Not a big loss.

facts

It works by seeds. Basically think of minecraft. Although every minecraft universe is techically unique, they all have a certain set of criteria and they use a randomly generated seed number to dictate how it will all be laid out. Look it up.

You earn $40 an hour doing what exactly?

the fact its on console proves its going to be shit so dont care about it

I work in insurance

By the way, does anyway have any videos of multiplayer intercation ? I see everyone say that you "could" encounter other player but in videos what I hear from the devs is that you could encounter another player's planet, not that you can encounter anyone

selling pot

You can encounter other players, but from the looks of it, everything in the game is there to make that chance as small as humanly possible.

No one has ever found each other at this time.

that might have something to do with its lack of mainstream release yet

I did not hear the devs say this. I hear them saying that you can encounter a planet discovered by another player. It makes a huge difference. Making active multiplayer possible for a game is a very complicated task, and I hear here and there that it may very well not even happen your playthrough, that makes me very skeptical

Well yes of course lolol. It's bound to happen eventually. I was just letting dood know it hasn't happened at all yet.

what happened to planet sized planets? calling bullshit on that snake oil salesman

sucking dick.

I'm pretty ugly

They are still planet sized planets, friend.

That's 18 quintillion planets, but are they made of eel and can they beat 18 magma?

18 quintillion planets made of eel vs 18 magma, magma wins everytime as eels easily burn in magma

We've all played Starbound before. Some odd quintillion planets doesn't make things any more interesting.

yeah elite:dangerous can also say a thing or two about that

Starbound? Isn't that the 32 bit harvest moon rip off?

gif source?

Yeah except you grow the crops in a spaceship and there's no waifus

Aw man nice! What are the system req?

A Turbo Grafx 16

oh I only have a ps4.

I don't see why people even play vidoe games. You fucking basement dwellers. get jobs

get rid of that outdated pos

trips meme, sub for more dubs.

Can I touch your trips?