/Daily/ "the pointy end" edition

it's still october right?
The point of these threads is to encourage people to look for new and interesting music. We do this by listening to and ideally discussing albums we've never heard before. Many of us already listen to new music daily, these people are in it to venture "out of their comfort zone" by listening to albums they otherwise wouldn't have, or just to have a good time.

neverendingchartrendering.org/
>Just when we started to have faith in topsters again. Just use this.

plug.dj/sdc-room-3-the-sequel
>Please actually use this it's quite fun

synctube.org/r/Some_dumb_synctube_channel
>The plug jimmy jazz uses RIP

dailymu-sic.weebly.com/
>come here for op pics, charts, listenalongs, misc. stuff

discord.gg/s5Rv7zJ
>mem

skype group meme

And remember, laugh at Jangle

Other urls found in this thread:

dailymu-sic.weebly.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=HbDl29H4zL8
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/aine-odwyer/locusts/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

1st

good day lads
I'm listening to Sacrilege - Behind the Realms of Madness for the first time. It's fucking awesome.
Punky, dirty thrash metal.

3covers/10

Nevermind that, what the fuck is going on with double play controls, wew, this is new

Whatdya mean? I only see bottom left.

Thanks for complaining, finally took the time to figure out how to remove the artwork at the seekbar.

Right there. Render error.

O ye. That looked off, though I was searching for another full set of buttons somewhere.
Comfy.

Does anyone know of any good free music players for OS X that are customisable? I'm tired of iTunes.

Two albums done from the tourney:

Keith Rowe and John Tilbury - Duos for Doris
I used to dislike this but I feel like I had just misunderstood it. Not only do I now appreciate the construction of the sounds it contains, but I also find that it carries emotion more so than other free improv records I've heard. The main method of music on the album seems to be holding long and very slight and subtle drones, with decoration (mostly from the piano) interspersed over it. Delicate is certainly the word for this album, every single touch of sound seems gently put out into the world with extreme care.

Polly Bradfield - Solo Violin Improvisations
I'm so disappointed with this. When I saw the word "improvisation", I was expecting the kind of solo stuff Keith Jarrett does, just on violin. I can certainly appreciate the music created on this album through the subversive use of the violin, but there seems to be no justification for keeping the tracks going on for so long without development or any significant moments of significance. Pretty boring overall :(

Can you post pic related original?
Maybe there is online version of this?

you can download a bunch of tourney templates here:
dailymu-sic.weebly.com/

>Akasha System - Vague Response
Another great relese of Outsider House on 100% Silk. Dreamy synth pads and plesurable rhythms.
7/10

>Seiko Oomori - TOKYO BLACK HOLE
Overflowing with joy. Each song is a bit unique and it seems a lot freer than her last pop albums, at least in the usage of her awesome voice. Some songs are obviously a bit underwhelming considering it lasts for one hour but it still manages to hold your interest for its entire duration.
7/10

>Brett Naucke - Executable Dreamtime
Short album of modular electronic, half randomly generated. Dreamy atmosphere but everything is so smooth that nothing really stand up.
6/10

>Schammasch - Triangle
A mixed bag in 3 discs. Disc one is dissonant black metal but the riffs and drums are not outstanding and there's no particular "atmosphere". Disc two is more on the side of progressive metal with clean vocals and even pink floydian riffs. Disc three oh my god why. It's basically very clumsy tribal ambient with heavy drums and some riffs thrown here and there. And it's soooo long. 100 minutes for the whole thing while it could have been half as long by mixing all the ideas together into something more coherent.
5/10

@Relgob: i've heard a lot of the stuff on your chart but i managed to find 10 that i haven't heard and find interesting
i'll upd8 this with ratings sometime in the next month

@smurm: i don't think i've ever found another album that sounds like Litourgiya
maybe Cult of Fire - मृत्यु का तापसी अनुध्यान, but you've already heard that one

check out PYLAR - He Venydo A Reclamar My Trono though
it's great mix of ritual ambient & doom metal and you might appreciate the edgy Spanish lyrics

youtube.com/watch?v=HbDl29H4zL8
there's the entire album w/ the aforementioned edgy lyrics

I'll check it out then.

ps cool chart

Sweet ! I wish I could listen to this Shiina Ringo album for the first time again.

bump

What are you guys listening to?
I'm listening to Jack DeJonette's In Movement and it's pretty great so far. Also listened to DJ Screw's Endonesia which was amazing.

now that's what i call indeh

What kinda loaf?

rateyourmusic.com/release/album/aine-odwyer/locusts/
It's oppressive

This weird thing. RA gave it a 4.2, so I figured I'd check it out. And it's definitely weird—very polyrhythmic, and cool effects.

:eyes: :ok_hand:

new Bon Iver
it's boring :(

Sun Ra/Merzbow

what a waste of Sun Ra material

*skronk* *harsh noise wall*

upsets me more than it should. there would be so much potential if he encorporated his AMM-ish jams into the Sun Ra compositions but he just went full Trump and made a wall

Ebin joke.

No, you're an ebin joke

Thanks.

I admire your shitposting career

I admire your corporate shill career.

this is a long one but i'm enjoying it so far

This is actually pretty cozy

B R E A K D O W N
A
B
Y

a classic brown loaf
this album is strangely good
chug chug

Good kind.

>Straya tour dates announced
>North America tour dates announced

Europe when
>inb4 doesn't come to Spain

This is filling up quite nicely
Soon with ratings

Also H Y P E
At least a bit, Greatest Hits wasn't exactly what I hoped to be their next release, but apparently there will be some new mixes on there

kubera be that nigga to buy fifa 17 on day one

Oh fuggg, gotta hit up either the Montreal or Toronto concert.

Fuck greatest hits albums.

>Fuck greatest hits albums.
Yeah, it's usually a cash grab
Still, sometimes they are quite nice to get an overview on an artist's work

Don't all Europeans do that?

New Conor Oberst album is just slightly less disappointing than his last one.

Idk why I keep expecting to love these albums when I like Bright Eyes-like stuff less and less every day. Can't listen to this shit no longer living in the midwest.

probably gonna be bad, but fucking ace album art

Enough with the chit chat, let's get some shitposts going.

>James Blackshaw - The Glass Bead Game
This is the first American Primitivism album i have heard and i really enjoyed it. The guitar playing was mesmerizing because what was being played had so many different layers to it. Some of the songs dragged on a bit too long, but they became hypnotic after a while and made it like 45 minutes was only like 20. The extra instrumentation around the guitar and piano playing also really complimented what was going on and helped elevate the performance. 7/10

>The Sonny Criss Orchestra - Sonny's Dream (Birth of a New Cool)
Sonny Criss's saxophone playing is really impressive to listen to. The way he effortlessly floats between the changes while playing at a break neck speed is pretty incredible. The rest of the performances on the album really didn't bring much to table though. The whole album was just criss soloing for 90% of the song with occasional background parts coming in for specific hits. There wasn't enough interplay between the sections to keep me interested the whole time. The inclusion of a tuba part was interesting and certainly helped the low end, because in every old jazz recording i have heard the bass is so quiet, but nothing really interesting was done with it. 6/10

Good Friend Rodriguez wins the tournament! Thanks to everyone who gave me recs. I listened to a lot of stuff that wouldn't have been on my radar otherwise and got some new favorites out of it. I'm not quite sure what i'm gonna do next, but i have a few ideas im considering. There's so much stuff to listen to.

*shitpost time

You can do worse I think.

I'm not very good at shitposting desu

you have to be more ironic

"succ"

Just make your images unnecessarily large, that's a good start.

>MFW I get second place

Glad you got some good music out of it man. Gonna drone GFR now or what's the plan?

Anyone have a gif of the segment from that same video where there's a fat man getting bombarded by small blocks and finally a huge one just comes in and reks the shit out of him?

>mfw it's shitposting time and I'm literally a penguin

wtf i hate penguins now

>mfw amerifats decorate their yards as if it was a competition

Hampus trying to be serious about music lmao

Still open for all 2016 recs

the life of pablo
vektor - terminal redux

last thread?

Really enjoyed these 3 reggae albums

This is the last thread, yes.

Hartyga - Megechi Kham: Live at Octopus Studio

Jefre Cantu-Ledesma - In Summer

yeah i'm gonna need you to prioritize ichiko aoba

ichiko aoba - chingchongbingbong

Will check out Vektor, thanks
Noted, I just do these first that I can stream
Is this similar to Comme un seul narcisse?

Full album of Tuvan meme jazz coming.

in summer is one his melodic noise/drone albums, rather than sound collage

That's cause the congos and Ras Michael are probably the pinnacle of roots Reggae

link the previous one pls

kek, very true

I'm actually beginning to think shoegaze is one of the better ideas for genres even though few albums execute it well

why's that

I'm sure there were better ideas than "let's put reverb on these pop rock songs, but like LOTS of it".

maybe not ideas, but like, it has potential to reach really good heights
because there's some shoegaze which achieves exactly what the genre sets out to do (hazy waves of emotion) and most fall flat of this, but those heights are special

Still have no clue what people see in that radiohead album

Idris Ackamoor & The Pyramids - We Be All Africans
Fishmans - LONG SEASON '96~7 96.12.26 AKASAKA BLITZ
Autechre - elseq 1–5 (at least elseq 4)
idk

You definitely have to have shoegaze be one of your "things" to enjoy much beyond Loveless. God knows I really don't.

If you put all that reverb on really amazing pop rock songs, sure, they'd only be a little bit worse than they would be without it.

>cunt talking about music
what's this now???

I'm not him, I just cracked his trip. Took me a week almost. It's #Fk_mPBJ1 if you want to use it.

wow! Thanks pal!

No problem friend!

still waiting for the shoegaze + idm band that can pick up where sweet trip left off

it's not just the genre blend that made it good tho
they made very very good shoegaze

top shelf shitpost right there

eric holm - barotrauma

The genre blend parts were my favorite personally.
They did know how to do guitar tones almost perfectly though. Chocolate Matter is a perfect example of this, probably my favorite shoegaze song of all time.

Design : 2 : 3 for as well now that I think about it.

Try SPV Laboratories vol. 2
It's 13 hours long

ThEsE DigITs

keeping this trip btw

>digits
Design 1 is the only thing keeping that album from being perfect

And I think the thing that makes shoegaze satisfying is the oversimplification of melody structure that's instantly satisfying, rather than the distortion/reverb, which is what most bands in the genre seem to be going for.

fugggggg

Chocolate Matter is what i mean when i talk about the pinnacle of shoegaze. like that shit is PERFECT

>tfw quints on a non-meme post
at least you got dub trips

Man I love Design 1.
It does stick out a little bit on the album, but as a stand alone I love the concept of mixing those awful computer squeals into a danceable song.

Personally, I think V:D:C's main hindrance is their penchant for wandering, drawn out songs and the awful lyrics.

I honestly don't know what I like in shoegaze overall. The melodies are a huge part of it, this is true, but the general tone and sound is what I find is most interesting to me.
Because of this, I pretty much only like Swirlies and MBV, nothing else has stuck out to me, unless I'm forgetting something.

Couldn't agree more.