This is a continuation of the thread debating meat eating vs. vegetarianism/veganism...

This is a continuation of the thread debating meat eating vs. vegetarianism/veganism, specifically to the moron that contended that it was myopic and simplistic to assert that humans possess a level of consciousness which animals do not; plus its an interesting topic to debate.

>pic somewhat related

Of course we're complex biological machines, it's a matter of the complexity of the organism and how that relates to consciousness and where a person draws the line as to what level of complexity of consciousness is acceptable to end. Nobody would argue that plants have any semblance of consciousness, nor a virus, nor an insect. You would draw the line of the level of acceptable complexity somewhere between the complexity of an insect and a relatively complex animal. I draw that line a little further, and contend that the level of consciousness that a cow or chicken experiences is not a whole lot appreciably more than that of a plant or insect, whereas the abstract nature of the consciousness and sentience we experience is what makes it immoral to end it for any means, and all current research and philosophy with regards to the cognitive sciences would seem to suggest that we either possess a level of neurological complexity sufficient enough for abstract consciousness or some unknown factor present only within ourselves which allows it to exist.So long as animals aren't abused without cause and are allowed to fulfill their biological imperative (to reproduce and live a reasonably long life) than there is little cause to call the ending of such rudimentary consciousness (if it does in fact exist, which I contend it does not at any appreciable level at that level of complexity) for the purposes of sustenance to be immoral.

Also, you merely proved my point that vegetarians are antagonistic holier than thou cunts, and yes, you are going to have to come up with a better response

I don't care about those not close to me

Bump, answer up you faggot

12 of our 32 teeth are meant for grabbing and tearing meat.

Evolution beats new age bullshit.

/thread

Plants convert CO2 into O2.
Cows and chickens shit everywhere.
Save the plants by
1. Not eating them
2. Not letting animals shit on them
3. Not letting animals eat them

Does that branch clip through the fence?

go vegan pussies

Shit

LMAO

jesus christ that pic is funny as hell and anyone who thinks otherwise is 100% wrong

So you're telling me that in your normal food web, and in basic ecology, that if we all eat an abundance of plants, that we will have less consequences than eating animals. I hope you know life is centralized around producers and if we all eradicate them, our whole food chain will crumble

That's not at all what I'm saying and I don't know where the fuck you got that from, I'm talking about the nature and complexity of the consciousness which animals experience (if it even appreciably exists) and how it relates to the morality of killing them for sustenance

Come on, some vegetarian (or that one abrasive cunt) tell me exactly why its immoral to kill a chicken and not a mosquito or virus, or kill and harvest plants for that matter

I don't care about that shit. If it's tasty, I will eat it.

>In the end, you are an animal.

>Bump
C'mon, I know some of you fags are vegetarians, now justify it

Because you don't have to kill the chicken, nor the mosquito for that matter, although the mosquito feeds on our blood, and could very well carry a virus, which could easily kill you if it goes unchecked. In fact, I'm a vegan, and would kill any animal that dared to take my own life, but the fact of the matter is, the chicken doesn't have to die in order for me to eat, and so it's death is unnecessary.

>45 minutes ago
>/thread own post
>no replies

lol

Makes me wonder how many other unnecessary things you do with your life. Like how you hop onto Sup Forums to challenge and justify the deaths of conscious animals, that see out of eyes the same as you, that would defend their young the same as you, that has a 4 chamber heart just like you, and that breathes as you do. Imagine your life in a cage waiting to be slaughtered. It's their experience, just as you are experiencing life presently also.

Its the same situation with plants that you kill and consume, what makes plants or a virus different from a chicken, other than its slightly more complex/greater resemble humans in their construction

Animals are not people, read my original post. They do not possess any consciousness greater than that of insects or plants. They merely possess a construction which is similar to ours with regards to appendages/sense organs, but this makes them not all that appreciably different than a plant other than the manner in which the ensure their continued survival

Plant's lack a nervous system which denies them the ability to experience pain. They also do not posses complex arrangements of nerves that form an animals brain, which allows them to perceive the world around them. Visually, physically, mentally. It's what allows animals to experience and form memories. It's different because their is no form of suffering in the plants experience.

And I'm trying to get a debate going, instead of just adhering to my own position and deriding anyone who doesn't happen to agree, like yourself

You're an animal, and they have enough consciousness to fear death, and to recognize threats, and defend young, and show affection, and obey commands, and show interested, and communicate actions they wish for YOU to do, like feed them, or walk them, or or or

There is a very strong correlation between the eating of meat and higher brain function in animals. Shifting your species to a vegetarian diet just seems like you wish us to continue to devolve. I cannot fathom why you would want your children to be less than you are.

They do experience pain, but it is not in the same manner as we do. They experience it in the way that a computer or android would, merely as a signal saying that part of your body is being damaged, and that you should do something about it. Without the abstract consciousness and sentience which we possess as of the result of the concentration of our neural construction or some other unknown factor inherent only to us which makes the pain such an unpleasant experience

That's great, because I only have facts for you. You are an animal just as they are, just because you possess an extra piece of muscle and nerves in your brain, doesn't make you not an animal. hate to break it to you.

I can guarantee you that death is unpleasant for any animal who can feel pain, despite humans possessing the ability to imagine all things infinitely.

They merely do that out of instinct and relatively simple constructionist neurological construction, we do it for the same reason, but the difference is that we experience, understand, and perform it abstractly and emotionally

That's not what I said, it has to do with the nature of experience and sentience. I also never said that we're not an animal; try to respond intelligently.

That's not what I said, without an ability to understand things and life abstractly, pain does not carry the same implications as it does with humans. Besides, most of the deaths which animals experience for the purposes of food are instantaneous, and therefore they wouldn't feel any pain anyways

>connectionist, not constructionist

Apparently I was right, vegetarians are only vegetarians out of ignorance and misplaced emotions
>Thanks, Disney