I do this everyday Sup Forums is this good for weight loss...

I do this everyday Sup Forums is this good for weight loss? Im a fat fuck so i thought walking could help im 30 pounds overweight

losing weight is as simple as eating at a calorie deficit

Yea i know just eat less what im having a problem at tho is i think my app is lieing to me someone on /fit/ told me theres no way i could burn 1k calories just by walking even though i walk for 3 hours straight idk mane should i get a new fit app or are those guys just trying to troll me

it's easy to lose weight you retarded food binging faggot.

don't eat more than 1000 calories a day
make sure your food is high in protein
make sure you food is high in COMPLEX carbohydrates
make sure food is also lowfat/reduced fat, i shouldn't have to explain that fucktard
drink lots of water too
also consider eating more food with high fiber so you clog the toilet with the runoff of your body's fat deposits

retard

Better than nothing however there are better methods
I recommend doing sprints
Do some research on why doing intense cardio is better than your average walk

The secret to losing weight is running. Thats literally it. Don't bother with fucking apps or diets. Just run.

>actually believing this shit

lmao, no, i've been a fitness instructor for 6 years, and simply doing strenuous exercises without a change in diet will not lose you much weight.

unless the person's current diet is already beneath 1500 calories intake with proper portioning of carbs and protein(of which if it is, they should not need to lose weight), they will stress the fuck out of their body for no weight loss.

Um it is possible if you are walking at a faster pace than normal (100 cal. Burned Per mile) i think.
As for the app. Every app lies there is no way those things are accurate they only give you an estimation. Download mutiple apps and get different results to see this

Just be in motion, watch what you eat, drink tons of water. Really, it´s simple as fuck. Profit.

OP here since you're a fitness instructor could you tell me if losing 20-30 pounds over 3 months by walking 10 miles a day sounds reasonable i have the time to do it but everyone here sounds like it wont help me lose weight ill also diet properly but some say you need to run to lose weight halp

You're a big exer shill, trying to scare people away from the only thing that works so you can make billions from these fat fucks.

There is nothing wrong with being fat you are still beauty (gets popcorn ready)

You've been a terrible fitness instructor if you dont understand that our bodies are engines and calories are the fuel. Burn more calories than you take in and you lose weight. Put more in than you burn, you gain weight. Allowing for the fact that muscle weighs more than muscle, will allow for a point where you stop losing weight and start gaining, but by then you should have lost a large portion of fat, so you will still notice your gains.

run if you can and get a gym membership

Edit, muscle weighs more than fat.

I used to walk about 7 miles a day to work and back. My weight went up ever so slightly and steadily. Started running, it dropped to 78kg and stayed there. No diet changes. If you're not exerting yourself then nothing is gonna happen.

When i run do you want me to go full speed or just like a jog? Because i can jog but i get tired easily and my sides cramp when i run

How many miles a day did you run?

Alternate between sprints and long distance jogging. Get decent footwear and try to run on grass, your weight will probably fuck your knees early on.

OP, the secret is to burn more calories than you eat. If you burn 1500 calories per day with extra exercise, it wont matter if you cram 3 big macs per meal. I'm not saying you are, but you have to keep in mind that whatever you put in, you need to burn off more than that in order to lose weight. Running is AMAZING for losing weight, but you need to be aware of how much you intake to determine if you will lose weight. That being said, any exercise is better than no exercise. At the very least, it will be a delaying tactic on any further unwanted weight gain.

About 3 miles. If you spend time sprinting you can do way more. I went from unfit shitheel to getting A grades in all the police fitness tests.

Alright i guess ill start running instead of walking now did you take breaks when you ran 3 miles or was there no stopping?

you can lose that easily, read the bottom of my post for the explanation

how the fuck would i? i work for the marines, not a gay faggots fitness club

i don't run your average elementary school gym class retard
to put this as simply as possible, your body will burn these three things in succession for energy,
carbs, fat, protein.

there are two carbs, simple and complex
simple burn fast and fizzle out quickly, you don't want these to be your primary intake of carbs
complex burn more slowly, giving longer term energy, but do not take in too many complex carbs, or this will result in fat gain

after your body has burned through all of its carbs, it will burn fat for energy, but up to a point, this is why simply exercising without diet change is bad, your body will burn protein next, and you do not want your body doing that.

ever wonder why your muscles hurt for days after exercise? this because your stupid ass didn't take in enough protein, and now your body has to take it from itself, this in turn results in no positive gains for you.

so make sure you have a high carb(50/50 simple and complex) and high protein diet, also, high fiber helps too. AND DRINK LOT'S OF FUCKIN WATER HOLY SHIT.

A good starting point is use an ipod, jog for a song, walk for a song. Alternate. Eventually jog for two songs, walk one. Keep jogging longer and longer. Its a fun way to measure achievement.

Actually, my muscles rarely hurt after exercise. But that's because I am active and have been for 30+ years. But hey, dont listen to the guy who has been at the same weight for about 20 years. I guess you know everything, you omniscient bastard.

>eating 1k Cal
>staying away from fats and not sugars

You're a silly fag

Thanks i'm thinking of doing days where i walk/jog/ and then the other days i just run/jog hopefully i can lose 30 pounds by the end of august if i start today thanks for helping me Sup Forumsrothers

yes, i am omniscient on this subject, it's what i get paid to do by uncle sam

this diet if for losing fat quick without exercise, not building muscle, fuckwit

i lost 15 pounds eating nothing but apple sauce and yogurt for two weeks and jogging lol find what works for you should be fine though make sure to jog or nothing will happen

How was your shitting experience?

i shit you not(pun intended) i thought it would not be solid at all but... surprisingly it stayed solid idk how...but yea

Greentext how you would start ur day OP here btw i also need tips on diets to eat

hey if any of this is true thanks..

Well, if you know everything, then you should also know that all your diet suggestions are for energy for working out. OP wants to lose weight, not try to win a body building competition. If he's 30 lbs overweight, his problem with energy is more along the lines of his muscles not being conditioned to exercise for the periods necessary to lose weight. He can condition himself for that with RUNNING. And you imply that being employed by uncle sam makes any difference. Qualifications for working for the government are terribly low. If you had a PHD in molecular physics, I might perk up when you mentioned your career as a selling point for your rhetoric.

OP, while he is a pompous ass, diet WILL help, as long as it's accompanied by exercise. That being said, Mr. Marine should also know that diet control is one of the HARDEST things for people to change, so he should be suggesting MORE EXERCISE.

>wake up like at 12 or 1
>eat one shitty little yogurt cup for breakfest
>usually yo play
>lay around watch youtube
>two hours pass
>get up grab a applace sauce cup
>eat that
>another 2 hours pass
>grab another apple sauce cup
>wait another two or three hours
>grab another applace sauce or yogurt packed
>by this time its like 8 or 9
>get my fat ass up and go for a jog
>when i first started could barly do five minutes
>come in after jog
>eat another apple sauce cup or not all depends
>go to bed
after a week stomach shrank and i became less hungry
>15 pounds down now after two weeks
>can jog pretty decently now
>not as hungry all day any more because stomach shrank

Build muscle lose fat, what's there not to like?? Better than turning in to a skinny fat skelly

This guy is right. I eat like a fucking pig, at least 10-15k kJ a day. Running has kept me slim and handsome.

its not the healthiest but its damn sure better then starving yourself because at least you are eating every few hours so

Lol at fat fucks that's a rest day

Go plant based, eat low calorie nutrient dense foods OP. You don't have to give up meat completely but you do need to run a calorie defecit to an extent as well. This is where your fruits and veggies come in handy.

Walking will help, but it helps to increase cardio and lift free weights too.

No processed foods, this includes bacon, burgers, milk and all that other shit. Especially if you are in the USA, which seems a given. Carbs = energy. Carbs are your friend.

Trust me, you will see a difference in less than 6 months.

OP here are you telling me you lost 15 pounds in 2 weeks? How long did you jog for everyday

Wouldn't OP be better off with cycling to start with? If he's overweight and not a fitizen he's gonna fuck up his knees getting in shape

more or less two weeks might have been three but either way yea im 15 pounds down after doing that its because i kept eating every few hours which you need to do then i also kept jogging which you need to do yea apple sauce and yogurt isnt the best but for somone who was in college 9 the semester is over now ) its all i could do while on the go all the time and working on papers all the fucking time so plus im lazy a f so yup it worked for me idk how well itl work for you but

granted im well i was 240 and 5foot 6 so idk how bad you are off so i wasnt too big to where i couldnt run but not skinny enough to where i could run easily so had to start off slow but worked my way up to jogging a decent distance

Only do that if you need to fit in a wedding dress quickly. Thats the kind of weight you gain back the second you start eating properly again.

that is true but if you start off like that then learn to eat right along the way you should be fine thats more of a lazy mans im always busy type diet

Did you go to bed right after your jog? If so what time im trying to figure out how long u jogged for

no i can never go to sleep so i usually stay up till 2 or 3 a m and i would get pretty hungry but not to bad and like i said your stomach shrinks so you learn to handle it the hard part is honestly the jogging every day or every other day and learning to stay hungry here and their in between eating idk worked for me im off the diet right now because im alittle sick and so far iv gained like 2 pounds back after a week of just eating whatever i want (granted nothing super bad) so all the weight hasn't come strait back which is cool gona start again tomorrow though going to suck re shrinking my stomach again

Try not to think time, try to think distance. I have a 5k scenic course I plotted around my suburb.

apple sauce and yogurt dude here sorry as for how long i jogged i went for the first week i went like this little hill up and down and tried my best to complete it at first it was hard and i jogged super super slow but i made sure to always finish it then after awhile i got faster and fast and then i started jogging longer and longer just figure out how far you can go without getting too tired maybe pace yourself and try to run for ten minutes or pick a short distance and once you get good at completing that distance easily and without pacing yourself to slow go alittle faster or alittle further

to be better help i first started off going up a little hill and back down where i live this hill is probably half a mile from start to finish to my house i started off REALLY SLOW because i was out of shape the issue is to always always always keep your feet moving dont stop even if you are jogging as slow as you walk make sure to keep jogging motion after a week i got fast enough to where i was getting up and down pretty fast and it was a legit jog then week two i learned to jog maybe 3/4 a mile again i had to go alittle slower and pace myself but after week two i learned to get faster and faster to the point where it was an ok jog pace and yea hope that helps more

Thanks mang g2g to sleep now it's 6:24am sorry about u being sick and all hope u feel bttr bb

MODS MODS MODS

for sure hope it helps if not hope this thread helped at all but yea good luck hope you lose weight later and thanks

Yeah man. Ditch the app. Counting calories is like counting how many days you have left in prison by marking a calendar. You feel productive about it but in the end it will drive you crazy.

Just go in to this with a positive attitude. Don't expect to lose more than a couple lbs a week because honestly anything more than that and you're bordering trouble. The reason being is you may have elevated levels of cortisol which tells your body to stop burning calories and start reserving them. That in turn holds and adds the weight.

Do not go under a 400 calorie deficit. This was your mind won't feel the impact as much and like I said before your body won't go into starvation mode.

Weight loss is tough man. But after you lose that first ten, fifteen, or twenty lbs you'll start feeling better about yourself. You'll start to want it more.

Godspeed nigger.

breakfast 2 eggs
lunch sml can tuna handful almonds
dinner beans or cauliflower + steak or chicken or fish
gym 4x a week
run 2x a week
rest 1x day a week

thats all it takes faggots

to do what? with that diet you'll get fuck all your body need

great bruh science, you cunt

>Weight loss is tough man

no it isn't, just lazy bastards make that excuse to stay fat and eat shit all day

fucking kill yourself but your body will beat me to it you fat fuck

3 hours walking every day? How mind numbingly boring that must be.
Get a treadmill or something and run

How do know if it's high in proteins carbohydrates or all that shit though??

Stop forcing your fat face full of fast food, fatty

Have fun when you gain it all back

use the internet. im pretty sure there are guides on /fit/ on what to eat and what not to eat.

I have read them actually but they all say pretty much the same
I make my own food but should I count how much calories each potatoe,carrot, or piece of chicken I use have?

Lift weights. Find a gym and just fucking go there. Nobody will care if you've never been before, there's a fuck-ton of resources on YT and the internet to look up to get yourself informed.

Walking's great and all but it won't boost your metabolism like lifting.