How can anyone defend this absolute shite??

How can anyone defend this absolute shite??

I've watched every Euros since '92, every World Cup since '90 numerous Copa America tournaments and Euro 2016 is by far the worst international football competition I have ever seen.

What an embarrassment this is, a complete fucking disaster.

Other urls found in this thread:

news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/internationals/7636495.stm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

You're a liar and a pleb

You're a spudnigger and a pederast

also less memes

I'm 32, the first tournament I can remember clearly is USA 1994. This is definitely one of the worst tournaments since then.

>Watching Switzerland France
>Both teams are already in the knockout stage
>France struggled to score against Albania and Romanis

What the fuck did you expect nigga, only a retard would watch it today. The only good games will be Croatia - Spain, England - Slovakia, Wales - Russia and Portugal - Hungary

Learn to football mate

I hated 2010 so much more

Why did they expand it?

What does it mean to be "Still Alive"?

drawtugal - austria yesterday was entertaining. sports need their villains/memes. misstiano penaldo has made this tournament worthwhile

>put good teams against shit teams
>the good teams aren't blowing the fuck out of the shit teams

>let in a bunch of meme-nations that can't do anything but defend and score from counterattacks
>complain about a lack of quality

At least the memes are on-point this year

It's not just this game, Baconboy. The whole fucking tournament has been dreadful.

It's fucking shit. The group stages are supposed to be chaotic end-to-end matches with groups of death and unexpected results. Defensive football has been incentivised. Albania are still in playing their shit football.

These teams are going to continue to play like this. They'll take shitty games to extra time and penalties. The overall quality has been awful.

Literally not a single good meme has come out of Euro 2016

Advancing past the group stage guide for Euro 2016 (tm):

>Win against Albania
>Draw against Romania
>???
>Second place in the group

They (Albania in this case) still have a chance to advance from the group as 4 out of 6 3rd placed teams advance depending on points, goal difference, etc.

Be sincere.
Without southamerican players, european leagues would be shitty?
y/n

Fuck off Canadian imposter

>no cut inside man
>good euros
Pick one

There's not that many in Germany and England compared to say Spain, Portugal and Italy.

wtf are you like 40 or something? GTFO outta here grandad

Of course. Need a bit of flair

>le park the bus football

Hungarian sweatpants man would disagree

>three teams go through

No one could have predicted that it would be shit.

This
There are other meme players(muller milik tsuuuu) but not as dank as le cut inaide mane

Nicely done, Hans

I can't wait for knockout stages, group stage really is literally semen slurping

They need to cut it back down to 16 teams next tournament and put asterisks next to some of these records that are being broken like "The first time Switzerland have ever made it to the knock out rounds".

>m-muh secret club
I'd rather have 40 year olds than teens desu

I reckon even just cutting it down to 20 would be okay. 4 groups of 5, top two go through to the QFs.

What the fuck, jej

Switzerland dominated the match clearly.

You forget, the pitches are complete shit. Makes good football hard to do when you're slipping all over the place.

The french answer to their pitches being shit is to water them like mad before a game, making them soggy, this is why you see better game by the second half.

never forget

The pitches can't be used as an excuse as they've all played on worse.

The problem is UEFA's meddling has destroyed the attitude and approach teams have in the group stages.

No point in going all out for a win against the shit team, there's another 2 shit teams to play in the group and 4 or 5 points gets you through to the next round.

I agree with this, the only sides that looked like they belong so far were Italy and Spain

Everybody else should be fucking ashamed of themselves for competing

And Holland should feel ashamed for NOT competing when the likes of Albania and Slovakia are

>not scouting for ultimate meme talent from obscure countries

0-0 should not reward in a point each.
You should only get a point for a score draw

That's the fucking problem right there mate

Letting the top 3 instead of 2 advance is the dumbest shit ever

at least it's not 2002 m8

Whatever man

This was very bad but not because of poor quality football. It's different

2010 was bad like this Euro, lots of boring shit draws and passive play

What the fuck happened to your football?

World Cup 2010 was the worst.

Because France is full of greedy kikes

I agree with this.

That was the most fixed football match I've ever seen. Fuck gook nations.

>Albania are still in this fucking meme tournament
>we didn't even qualify

I can speak objectively because Scotland haven't competed in a tournament in 18 years - this tournament is pushing 2010 for levels of awfulness.

I'm 30 and I remember Euro 92, your memory is shit mate

It's not international competitions that are getting worse. It's the ever-growing gap between club football and international football. We take for granted the quality and excitement of club football and international football feels like shit.This is better than almost any of the WCs and Euros mentions.

This and time was slower then. And people more easily entertained.

No. WC 2010 at least had some decent games in the group stages

Van Persie sucks

Blame this corrupt twat, the expansion of the tournament was his idea.

True

It used to be great players emerged and got famous due to world cups

Today it's all shit and everybody who isn't already playing in Europe is a joke

Nigga plz
>The proposal to expand the competition was put forward by the Scottish Football Association and Football Association of Ireland last year.

news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/internationals/7636495.stm

We've had a few decent games so far, but the lack of goals has been a problem. It will get better in the knockout stages. 2010 was just pure shite all the way through, and there was an insane amount of refball going on.

Shame, MP was a fucking outstanding player. Turned in to a cuntwipe when he became a bureaucrat

The expansion was arranged by uefa over four years ago you idiot.

>2010 was just pure shite all the way through
Bollocks it was

Is that fucker still your first choice? He's what 35 now? Why can't you get some young new players?

Reminds me of Netherlands v Argentina 2006, what an awful awful game

A soccer match should go to 9 vs 9 or 8 vs 8 instead of penalty kicks.

Discuss.

It's worked out really well for the NHL this year, and their old system was the same as soccer's: penalty shots. With fewer players, more space opens up for attacks, but the fundamentals are still the same, unlike with PKs, where all of the strategy of the game goes out the window.

I would be more worried about all yuros chimping out.
You have a guy in a coma ffs.

If ppl start dying they may even suspend the all fucking thing.

All normal white yuros should be embarrassed of this tournament.

we can all agree that 2004 was the best euro competition

Saltnaldo

>Euro '92

never forget

>It will get better in the knockout stages

It won't. No past tournaments point towards better games in the knockout rounds. It always gets more cagey. Expect lots of extra times.

I agree. Football needs new rules, or some innovations.
Remember how boring volleyball was?

bus parking is the problem. teams shouldn't be allowed back past a certain line until the ball is in a certain position.

Exactly my thought...

my sides

Are you proposing an offside for defenders?

In the case of a 0-0 draw both teams should be kicked out of the tournament.

I like this idea, desu.

They also cheated Spain as well

>he didn't watch WC2010

That change or anything like that would just lead to teams taking even fewer risks and (surprise) NOTHING HAPPENS.

yes. we should regulate the amount of space in behind

Besides laughing at how badly Ronaldo is getting cucked, has there been any fun moment on the pitch this Euros?

The off the pitch silly shit is more entertaining.

England's group has been the most exciting. Who would have thought?
Following the riots has been more exciting than most of the matches. I don't even expect goal gluts, just an attempt to actually play and not park the bus. I was so glad when Sweden got scored on. They were honestly trying to draw every match and squeeze their way into third place.

WC 2002, 2010 and Copa Memerica 2011 were much worse.

this

or better the teams are disbanded for life

or shot

I'm not positive, but I'm pretty sure you're wrong about that. If it were just one on one, then you only have to beat one man to have a clear look at goal. If it's 2 on 2, you and your teammate have to beat 2 guys collectively to have a good look at goal. 3 on 3, 3 defenders, etc. etc. Just look at the USA vs. Ecuador game from a few days ago. Both teams were extremely and quickly offensively minded after the double red cards.

Again; there were some great games at WC 2010.

Literally every one Uruguay and Germany were involved in.

Netherlands vs. Brazil

Spain vs. Chile

Spain vs Switzerland

Mexico vs. Argentina

France vs. South Africa

Japan vs. Denmark

The Group F and G games

>no holland
>no denmark

im biased, but netherlands is just a core part of the euro, how the fuck did they not qualify

>group F and G

just reminded me of the 7-0 from the por - NK game

Did he kick his own fucking head. Wtf

to be honest none of these fixtures even ring a bell

>France vs. South Africa
>France
>In the 2010 WC

Do you not even remember Netherlands fucking Brazil's shit up? Or the Uruguay vs. Ghana game and Suarez's handball?

Why must you bring back memories of that game
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

The problem with SA 2010 was those fucking vuvazelas that ruined the atmosphere, so everyone tries to put the whole tournament to the back of their minds.

This game was great cmon