Hey Sup Forums

Hey Sup Forums

I need a bit of help with some java shit, essentially what I need is a block of code that will take a number, let's say 50, and count how many 12's for example, that are in it and the remaining amount, I have the base code it's just that I suck ass at when it comes the the maths part of coding. Preferably in the form of a method with generic identifier names that I can change for different purposes.

I'm not gonna lie it's for my IT course, I had to miss a lot of java classes cause I got pretty fucked up from a pretty bad crash while mountain biking in the woods and now I gotta catch up with all the assignments.

If anyone could help that'd be great.

Other urls found in this thread:

stackoverflow.com
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Sup Forums isn't really the place for this. I recommend:
stackoverflow.com

> how do i divide

I know how to divide buddy, it's just that I suck at the writing the actual maths parts out in a way that actually works, it never wants to compile when I have tried writing maths procedures so I'm assuming I'm doing something wrong, so that's why I'm here

x=12
y[]
int count
for(){
if y[]=x
count++
}
println count
println (y.length-count)

(code it yourself)

Are u fernando's father?

What math bit, just divide it to an int(number) and subtract the original with the amount*number

Nah, I remember that whole thing though, shit was hilarious

Any of you really good coders?

>integer division
>mod
Learn to google faggot

who is spamming Sup Forums at the moment?

>can't math
Nigga you just went full retard

Yeah you are being vague. One user already posted code that basically looks at a set of numbers (1d vector y) and looks at them one at a time to count how many times 12 shows up in the list of numbers. I do think I see some errors in assignment versus equivalence but maybe it's because I don't code in java.

I first interpreted your problem as modular arithmetic (scalar y, not 1d vector). Modular division just is a formal way to define remainder. So 50/12 is 4 with remainder 2. There might be a built in modulus function or you will need to divide and then use rounding/integer part to separate the integer part from the decimal remainder or whole number remainder.

I'm on my phone so this will look like shit

int HowManyNumbersOnAnotherNumber(int divideFrom, int smallerNumber)
{
if (divideFom == 0)
{
return -1; // or throw a DivideByZeroException or whatever
}
int times = 0;
while (divideFrom % smallerNumber == 0)
{
divideFrom /= smallerNumber;
times++;
}
}

Try running that.

double urNum = sc.nextDouble();
double urOtherNum = sc.nextDouble();

int rest;
int numberOfTimes;

rest = urNum%urOtherNum;

numberOfTimes = (urNum - rest)/urOtherNum;

System.out.print("The rest is " + rest + " and the number " + urOtherNum);

Fuck, I forgot to return times after the while loop. You should be able to figure that out OP, I did the leg work. Also there's one spelling error.

You ok user?

By the way, Ive been having some trouble with my code, I can open an image with buffered reader, but I don't know how to then close the program (after the other programs have finished acting), can anyone help me close the file (and not a editor.close at the end or sleep, but to run a new method that closes the current one)

public static void open(String file){
String filename=file+".jpg";
//JFrame editorFrame=null;
SwingUtilities.invokeLater(new Runnable()
{
public void run()
{
JFrame editorFrame = new JFrame(filename);
editorFrame.setDefaultCloseOperation(WindowConstants.EXIT_ON_CLOSE);

BufferedImage image = null;
try
{
image = ImageIO.read(new File(filename));

}
catch (Exception e)
{
e.printStackTrace();
System.exit(1);
}
ImageIcon imageIcon = new ImageIcon(image);
JLabel jLabel = new JLabel();
jLabel.setIcon(imageIcon);
// editorFrame.getContentPane().add(jLabel, BorderLayout.CENTER);
editorFrame.getContentPane().add(jLabel, BorderLayout.WEST);
editorFrame.pack();
editorFrame.setLocationRelativeTo(null);
editorFrame.setVisible(true);

}
});
}

google.com "JFrame close"

Nope, I want to display it and let it interact with other methods, so I can't close it in the loop and Everything I have tried to send the editorframe out of the loop fails, so it can't identify the exact thing it needs to close outside the loop

Private static closeFrame (JFrame frame){
frame.Close ();
}

Floor division and modulo you dickhead