Ask a used car salesman bored at work anything

Ask a used car salesman bored at work anything.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/v4gCRuoviw0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

do u enjoy selling cars?

I'm 18 and buying a car soon. I have 15kish
I'm thinking about an Explorer 2012-2015 or a mustang from those years.

What do you think also any other recommendations.

Yeah, it's pretty fun and lucrative if you're any good at it. I love selling, anything, but really hate all the paperwork and financing aspects. Which sucks because financing 80% of it.

How do i roll back the mileage on a 2003 Land Rover Freelander?

Could tell ya, I've never had to lol

Honda civic because you're gonna total your car

Chances are, unless you're doing a buy here pay here type loan, you're going through a sub-prime bank. If you do, you're going to get fucked on interest and general fucked on the loan. Get something cheap and shitty, pay it off so it looks great on your credit and auto credit. Then you can get a nice, newer car for a good price. Also, you really can't go wrong with a honda or toyota.

Also, you can get a shitty car that just runs well, do what I said before, but after your credit builds, refinance it through a prime bank so you aren't paying state maximum on your interest through the entire loan. Most banks only charge interest as you pay. Buy here pay here's won't show up on your auto credit most of the time, so I'd just bite the bullet.

But I want to total a nice car is the point. No but seriously I've been driving since I was about 7 (from bumble fuck no where in the middle east so no one cared.) So I'be gotten plenty of practice. I moved out here like 4 years ago and ive been driving since on the road with no issues.

Any issues with mustangs or explorers I'm really leaning towards the Mustang because that's the car I drive now mostly (my cousins) but at the same time I would love to have an SUV for the extra room for roadtrips and other shit

is it possible to retread tyres with a swiss army knife?

Ah also I have the money in cash. No loans that's why Im planning on getting a nicer car now

Whats the meaning of life?

Well I don't give a fuck if you total it or not, really the biggest problem would be the loan. You'd have to go through a sub prime bank unless you had a really strong co-signer. And with a 2012-2015, your insurance will be through the roof, and the monthly payments would be high. I've sold a lot of explorers and they generally do well. Also, mustangs are for women and guys that wear monster energy drink shirts. Fords in general aren't really great. Whatever you get, get gap insurance. If you total it, gap will pay it off, and is usually included in the monthly cost.

do you like this song?

youtu.be/v4gCRuoviw0

If you have the cash, go for it. But cash will cost you about 10-15k.

Yes.

I also get discounted tires if you need them after you retread yours.

Again no loans at all gonna pay it all off when I get it, the only thing is insurance so I was thinking about getting the car in my dads name so insurance won't be as bad

Do whatever you want, as long as it doesn't hurt others. If it does, be ready for the consequences. As long as you have fun, and have good prison stories when you're older.

If you can get the insurance in your dad's policy, that'll help. If there's no loans and it's yours outright, just get liability or a bond on it. You just want it to be legal, right?

Will not be hurting others have enough stories. It's something about war torn countries that just gives you great material.

Also thanks for the advice.

Any clue how much insurance would cost
Under my name
And under my Father/mother

Yea I just wanna be able to drive it legally basically it.

I couldn't tell ya because it varries so much, but I had a kid in here who was 18, and for his full coverage with a $500 deductible, it was at about 400/m. That was on an 06 chrysler 300. And after my insurance guy lied through his teeth on everything on the policy, i.e., said he was a married, home owning, veteran kek. Get the vin and call your insurance guy before hand. If you have a good broker, it can be a lot cheaper than going throught the company itself. My guy cut my motorcycle insurance in half since he knows all the tricks to pull, and I dont.

Good to know thanks :)

Np m8. Just be sure to get it priced with a bond and liability. And be ready to spend a lot of money paying for it cash. Also, the explorer would probably be cheaper on insurance, since the Mustang is a sports car and you're young. But if you have 10k+ coming out of your ass, insurance shouldn't be a problem.

OP, what happens after you walk away from the customer, and go inside the "boss" office for price negotiation? Do you just stand there and wait it out because you already know the numbers?

As a lot attendant, I feel your pain OP

Typically, that doesn't really happen. Especially since my boss isn't ever here and I'm the only salesman lol. But it's usually asking if we can do the deal. A lot of times, the profit is about 2-4000, but if a car is hot (meaning we've had it on the lot for a long time and it's payment is coming due from the floor plan company, the company that pays for our cars initially), we'll sell it for a few hundred profit, or even break even completely on it just to get it out of there. Really in financing through, the banks are in charge of the pricing.

My dealership isn't big enough for a lot attendant, what exactly do you do? Rearrange to make it look busier, clean, etc?