I'm bored, Sup Forums. Coming from the land of Sup Forums. Let's talk guts/computers. What's in your rig...

I'm bored, Sup Forums. Coming from the land of Sup Forums. Let's talk guts/computers. What's in your rig? What are you planning on upgrading. Would you like parts recommendations?

>Intel i7 5820K
>32GB 3,000MHz memory
>NVidia GTX 980
>500GB SSD
>6TB HDD

Upgrading the CPU, waiting a few generations for GPU.

Other urls found in this thread:

tomshardware.co.uk/forum/id-2547993/psu-tier-list.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I have a mini ITX build similar to the picture with a GTX 970. Runs every game maxed out 60 fps 1080p no problem.

i5-4690k to 4.0ghz
16gb Ram
EVGA GTX 970
480gb SSD
2TB 7200 RPM HDD
700w Full power supply

Cool Master Elite 130 for the Case

Its small and powerful. Which is what most gamers are aiming for these days.

The new DanCase looks interesting. I almost bought one, but for $280, it's not worth it. I'd only be using it as a LAN pc. Which mine is small enough to do now, anyways.

>Pic not related, first PC I built back in 2010/2011.

If anything you should keep the cpu and upgrade to the 1080..

I want the i7-6950X. 10-core, 20-thread CPU.

I'm waiting for something like a 1180 Ti next year.

What do you need so much cpu performance for?

>Xeon E3-1230V2
>16GB DDR3 RAM
>R9 280X
>250GB SSD
>3TB + 320GB + 500GB HDD

want to upgrade my gpu and more storage capacity (replace the 320 gb hdd and the 500gb with bigger ones).

but because lack of money i'll still stay like this.

Hi

Probably wants to play solitaire and minesweeper at the same time.

It will help with some of the work related tasks I do on my PC. This isn't just a gaming machine.

That case is so unnecessarily large. lol

I doubt that's possible with current hardware

Minecraft

Get rid of the CPU. Xeons suck for most shit. Cant even get good fps in games like WoW because of the Xeon single core performance.

currently
>core 2 duo E8400
>4gb ram
>GTX 560ti
>250gb ssd
>1tb of random hdd
>500w psu

i've got an i7 4770 and 8gb or ram sitting on my desk but i'm waiting for my new motherboard to arrive to install them, the last one i bought had destroyed pins.

lol
>i5
>970
>every game maxed out 1080p

1180? ti? That won't be out for 3-4 years. The 1080ti won't be here until mid 2017 at earliest.

Yes, i kwon. I'm working to upgrade my friend

Poor faggot here, I only could afford this:

Fx 6300 OC 4.5 Ghz
Tt Frio Extreme
6 Tb 240 SSD
R9 280x 3gb
6 Luna's 120mm from Tt
Case Thermaltake Chaser A31
Blue LED's

Is not the best PC in the world but I love it, all runs smooth :)

That's unfortunate to hear.

That's not really unbelievable. I have a friend with an i5-4590S I sold him, as well as a 970. He can max any game he plays in 1080p no problem.

Oh and 16 Gb of Ram Kingston HyperX DDR3

it's an "cheap" i7 without internal GPU and without open multiplicator. get good fps in every games, they are rather limited by gpu

Core i7 2600
GTX 760
12GB DDR3
2x1TB HDD 7200RPM

Either way, I can wait for it. My 980 is playing most games at 3,440 x 1,440 fine when I do game, so. Usually the highest settings with AA off grants me 45+ FPS in brand new triple-A titles. The only game that gives me an issue with performance was ARMA III.

>3.4ghz Intel i7-3770
>256gb Corsair SSD
>Two-3tb Seagate HDDs
>32gb DDR3 ram
>EVGA GTX 980 4gb Classified

Probably gonna grab something from the 1000 series when it comes out, or at least try SLI on this fucker; problem is the card is pretty fucking huge even with my mondo Cooler Master steel case.

Is it possible to build an average gaming PC with only $400, my laptop recently broke

>don't ask how

Of course!

4670k OC'd to 4.6ghz
GTX 780
16gb ram
Full water loop

Served me well for the last three years. In another year or two i'll upgrade again but right now I haven't found anything it couldn't handle. May have the case sandblasted and powder coated white to match my monitors.

Sorry for the poor photo. I'm not a photographer.

I've sold my desktop computer because I'm moving across the world for a new job. I'm not sure if I want to build a new desktop after moving or get a laptop that can handle light games (dota/indie games etc). I know gaming laptops are not worth the price but I want to be mobile if I have to move after a year. Should I just give up on gaming?

Btw I'm not a graphics fag (Play csgo on low settings for max fps) and don't care so much about the looks.

Favorite games: csgo, cities skylines, dota2, want to play fallout 4 but doubt laptops can handle it

How?

And how? roll the story

You should think more about the "good fps in every game". It is not even close to an i7. Maybe at best a few year old i3.

I had two builds with them. With two full sized motherboards and 64 gigs of ram. Several dual gpus. The cpu was the bottleneck for gaming. About half the games I tested ran far worse than any benchmark even compared to an i3.

Here's my rig. You can look up the stats.

What did I just say

forgot specs
i7 6700k - 4.0ghz
corsair h115gtx
kingston hyperx savage 16gb ddr4 2800mhz
msi gtx 980ti gaming 6g
asus maximus viii hero
nzxt h440 red
kingston hyperx savage ssd 480gb + 240gb
corsair ax750
win 10 64bit

If radiator hoses off of 1975 Lincoln Continental add computing power.. you'd be the man

Nice try. But even the 980ti or my 295x2 isn't capable of what you are claiming. 2560x1440 is what you meant?

Average? No. Waste of money? Yes.

Yabe you could play Dota or some other low end bullshit.

how?

Got a GTX 580 Twin Frozr II 8 gigs of RAM and a I7 2700K CPU.I'm getting the GTX 1070 as soon as it's released, but I won't get the Founders edition tho. You guys think the CPU will be too big of a Bottleneck?

Even if he meant 1440p he won't get those frames from a 980.

for what do you need 32gb ram?

Where is the gpu???

Oh and a 460gb SSD. HDD pictured was a friend's I was imaging for him. I don't have space or slots for HDDs

Rendering

No... I meant 3,440 x 1,440. Games like The Division or Doom, for example.

In your hearth.

Laptops in general aren't worth the price. 99% of people can use a chromebook for their every day needs and they only cost ~$250

>be me eating ramen noodle cup with hot water
>bird flies into nearby window and makes me ahit myself
>spill hot water on me and computer
>attempt to clean up the spill
>resume game
>keyboard was going nuts
>try to tell friend via steam
>wrote some jibberish message
>mfw +$1000 gone because of a blind bird

I own a lenovo ideapad Y700, am I an idiot?

There was none in that build.

GTX 980, everything on ultra, but AA off. No less than 45 frames per second.

what's that case?

Question, I hear that most gtx 1080s only have one set of 8 pins for power and have about a 150 watt bottleneck, Is dis gonna be a huge issue doe?

>Liquid on computer
>Let's keep using it

Fucking dumbshit, even when it's just my god damn keyboard I unplug everything, open it up and hit it with a cool blow-dryer.

NCase M1

i7-6700k
16gb (2x8) corsair 2400 ddr4
MSI z170a gaming m3

Bought them in a newegg bundle deal for $400. Practically got the motherboard for free. Just put them in and it's great.

Evga Gtx 970
Nzxt phantom
1 tb HDD, 256 gb samsung 850 Evo ssd
Corsair 750m power supply

Haven't updated this in awhile, switched back to arch linux when wangblows quit working

cost / performance = me winning

Nah m8 get the 1080, sell 980

I built a gaming pc in a raijintek metis case that i carry around multiple times a week. It fits into backpacks very well due to its shape.

I could probably sell it for at least a fair share of my money back. But, it'd still likely only be around $500 with the waterblock included.

>crowdfunded case
that can't be common

understandably not available in my area, probably not worth the import price

After collecting for quite some time I managed to get a

>Intel i5-6500 @ 3.20GHz
>8GB DDR4 Kingston @ 2133MHz
>AS(S)Rock B150M Pro4S
>ASUS STRIX NVIDIA GTX 960 2GB
>1TB HDD
>ASUS VP247 monitor (1080P @ 60Hz)

I feel proud, you can rate it if you want ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

>AMD FX8350
>GTX 750 TI
>8 Gigs RAM
>ASRock 970 Extreme 9 R2.0
>1Tb HDD
>256GB SSD

Plan on upgrading to GTX 970 now that the prices dropped and putting in 16gigs of RAM

>GTX 980

I too have a GTX980. Recently purchased 2 new monitors and realized that the display ports don't work. Googled it, seems to be a common problem on the 980. Have you had similar issues? Any known fixes?

Currently planning to RMA but that's sort of a bitch.

оh yeah and an optical drive where i keep my other savings kek

*Extreme 3

It was expensive for me, and I live in the country of the seller, I believe.

But, I can't find any other case I'd prefer over it. So I went with it.

No issue with mine. I'm actually using DisplayPort to my monitor. Have you tried a different DisplayPort cable? I have one DP cable, and without me touching it or moving it the signal will randomly cut out for half a second. The PC doesn't count the screen as disconnected, because it doesn't play the windows chime either. But a new cable fixed the issue completely.

Seems like a good budget machine.

If you bought bought laptop to pc game then yes.

Chrome

kek'd

Intel Core i5 760 2.8ghz @ 3.8ghz
Gtx 970 (+125mhz core clock, +175mhz RAM clock)
4gb DDR3 RAM 1333mhz @ 1450mhz
500gb HDD

Gotta buy more RAM at some point, and an SSD, when I feel, I can afford to waste the money.

Kek

OP here, and while no it's not for Chrome, I will say it's ridiculous how much Chrome uses. My RAM utilization with just three tabs and nothing else running is something like 11-13%. Close Chrome and it drops to like 6%. lol

>Intel i5 4690K
>Asus Z87M-Plus
>16GB 1600MHz 10-10-10-27
>Gigabyte GTX 970
>2X 1TB HDD + 1X 2TB HDD

I only play at 1920x1080 60Hz so I'm debating wheater to overclock or not, I've managed to overclock each component individually but once the 3 are together and overclocked I seem to get weird behavior like stuttering and freezing in game for less than 1 second or so that don't seem to happen at stock, weird thing is that all the stability and stress test I've tried have passed for more than 24 hours without problems even prime 95.

What could it be? What softwares are recommended to test GPU/CPU and memory?

i need to buy 850w psu, which brand/model would you recommend?

Since Firefox fixed the slow boot time issue, I've been using it without too much RAM usage.

Are you sure you need 850W?

Most Seasonic PSU's are pretty safe bets. In general, look for something that is 80+ Gold, Platinum, or Titanium.

tomshardware.co.uk/forum/id-2547993/psu-tier-list.html

Just recently got the 970, as a whole the computer is solid.

>intel i5 2500k
>hd 6950
>8GB 1600mhz ram
>shitty mATX mobo
>500w psu
>500 + 320 GB HDD's
>Case is aerocool xpredator 1x

Poorfag reporting, got this entry level box that runs most of games i play quite nicely(mostly MMORPGs). Planning to upgrade the whole case sometime in future.

Why the fuck would you get a case that is obviously designed around a fairly minimalist aesthetic then get some giant ass retarded USB WiFi dongle and put it on top? Might as well just gotten a cheaper, ugly as shit case.

I have the M1 V1. Yeah, expensive as fuck but it is among the top 3 case I've ever worked with.

And really, all my favorite cases have been >$150.

here
yes op i'm sure i need that much, thanks for advice

It's my favorite case I've used. And I've used ones that cost significantly more.

you guys some have elite system to go on fucking Sup Forums

What are you running that requires that? Sounds like a higher end dual GPU build.

I got a mac.

This is one of the cheapest mini itx cases i could find with two pci-e slots for the gpu. Also it fits really well inside a backpack. And i don't give a fuck about aesthetics (thats why i drilled the shit out of the top)

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

Here is my cheap build.
> i5-4690k
> 8GB Ripjaws ram
> MSI Radeon r9 380 4gb
> Kingston 120gb SSD boot drive
> 2.0TB storage
> Corsair TX650 power supply
> Corsair H100i cooler
> NZXT S340 case
> Paired with an LG 34inch Ultrawide monitor

Pretty basic, does the job.

Any rates ?

>corsair
0/10

Normie closed loop. -1

Let us know when you want to do some big boy watercooling. I'll be eating tendies.

>no one rates the dualcpu spaceheater
Y'all are cowards

Intel i7-4790K
GTX 770 MSI Lightning
MSI Z97-G45 Gaming
16GB DDR3 Ram Corsair Vengeance
630W BeQuiet PurePower L8
BeQuiet Silent Base 800

I'm thinking about a new grafic card, many of my friends want to get a 1080? Any suggestions or even too early to buy a new one at my settings?
1TB WD Black
250GB SSD OCZ Vertex 4
500GB SSD Samsung 840 Evo

Gtx 1070 + i5 / small SSD only for 1000 bucks, impossible?