Ask a p-psychologist anything!

Ask a p-psychologist anything!

I'm h-here for you Anonymous; don't suffer in s-silence!

how do I be happy

so i have a terrible ailment, how do i fix it?

I have recently been diagnosed with narcissistic personality disorder, feel pretty bummed out but it makes sense since I am envious, angry and compare myself constantly with people around me. One thing my shrink told me what could help me is to form meaningful relationships with other people. Thing is I can fake alot of relationship stuff but I am having difficulties relating to someone else. I can fake alot of friendship stuff so I can get what I want for someome but I don't have a clue how to build an actual real friendship/relationship.

How do?

You complete things, you do things, you go live life. These things release dopamine, making you happy.

I don't think p-psychologist is a correct way of showing the stutter correctly.

Also how do I give off good first impressions?

What is the terrible ailment?

I mean, that's something you should ask your psychologist about, not me. I'm not trained in personality disorders.

*I'd like to ask you today about "Haikus". Do you know anything regardless this particular user?*

What to do if you want to talk to someone but can't because your mind just keeps going blank and can't come up with anything other than smalltalk that doesn't lead anywhere.

Why am i not as filled with energy, joy, and overall positivity as when i was younger?

homophobia

Hello Alice! How have you been?

go with the smalltalk

I have made plans to kill myself every week for the last few months. Never get around to doing it. Is this sustainable at all?

Oh hey, weird time of day for you to be on, but a pleasant surprise.
Just wanted to say I'm the bipolar user who tried to an hero last month and things have gotten way better, especially now that my meds are figured out. You're pretty cool for doing these threads.

Ah well figured I had nothing to lose anyway, good luck to you sir.

Because you are older; things change in the body as you age.

Why don't you bring up your interests, or ask about theirs?

Tons. But that's not a person I'd like to discuss.

I would recommend just being yourself; any impression you give off that doesn't fit your actual mental state will just lead to disappointment later.

Not bad!

That's how most people with depression are. Go to a doctor.

Glad to hear it! Keep up the good work!

That's not a mental illness, you are just a dick.

you asked the question as if you knew the answer. go get help if you need it, work through it somehow

Why do my spaghettios keep making lightning in the mircowave?

Are the myer briggs personality types a thing or just social hype (think astrology)?

I feel hopeless every single day and have lost the ability to care about anything. Any tips? This has gone to the point where it's affecting my life severely

it's always the same stuff

I just feel bad because I don't want them to think I'm growing distant or something, my mind just kept and keeps going blank when it comes to conversations for the past few months

you live in a dry area, move someplace near the sea

As to you, Anonymous. Sorry I couldn't help.

Take the spoon out.

It's meaningless. Don't give it a second thought.

Have you seen a doctor?

I just realised my worth by the way I am carrying my self socially. The sad thing is due to series of events I have almost no real friends irl. My point is I like javing friends many of them as I did before. Now I seek for friendship anywhere I can get my hands on. I think I am trying to hard too. Halp.

I find it helps to be active socially and physically, then you've got something to talk about

Uhh. How are you trying too hard?

Yeah, workout bros are always so nice to talk to.

You say you are trained in personality disorders, could you tell me what this means ?

I am the societal value guy btw, I love how you are often here now, hows your sickness btw

I'll post this sense I didn't get helpful responses last time.

I'm a compulsive liar, how do I stop?

How do you know if an individual is truly intelligent, on the first glance i mean?

Thought about it, but never got the guts to get a time for one. You think that's what I should go for?

how do we know you're not lying now?

I'm pretty okay. Antibiotics are working, but also really fucking up my liver and kidneys.

I said I WASN'T trained in personality disorders; I mostly was on the other side, with schizophrenia, depression, bipolar, etc

CBT is the best way; ask your doctor about it.

Yes, go to a doctor.

You can't, because that concept is inherently flawed.

1. define truly intelligent
2. you can't

*Yes, from what i've heard it must have been a real pain to deal with back when he was present. Have you met him thanks to your threads? Also, can you confirm that said person's gender should be male?*

Any good ideas on a good, peaceful way to kill yourself?

Last time I tried a bunch of temazepam, nortriptyline and alcohol but apparently not enough, only passed out for like 24 hours

There's not much going on socially with my life so that's out of the question.

I don't like to spread rumors; they presented as female, they eventually came out as male maybe, that's none of my business.

Yes, live till 80 and die of old age surrounded by your loved ones. Give it a try!

Suicide isn't the answer, Anonymous; seek help.

Reading 2hard

Anyway I can talk to your more personally, I have a fairly big issue and Id like to resolve it but I honestly dont want to do it on Sup Forums, would email or your chat be better ?

A girl dumped her boyfriend for me. She said she needs time to recover but I don't like this coldness. I'm worried she will forget about me. Went from texting everyday to once a week while she recovers.

Old age.

can someone that once loved you, truely hate you ? or vice versa, even if one has done bad things to the other ? is it possible to even fall out of love completely, i still love someone from years ago.

So why not get more things going on?

[email protected]

Though your response might be a bit delayed today.

You can also access my chat if you prefer, but, well, lots of people in there if you don't want to expose yourself.

Just wait it out dude. Also, that's a really shitty thing to do.

Yes. Absolutely yes.

try taking 40-50 feet of fresh air, downwards ideally, with a good solid surface to aim for

Do you belive that there is a greater purpose behind our existance, or that this all is purely an accident, and that we just live to fulfill our biological needs?

People survive that all the time. Horribly.

Should I kill myself now or wait since it will eventually happen?

Why isn't suicide the answer though?

this could be the root issue

No access to opportunities to get things going on.

Do it, stream it, be the hero you were born to be

Hi Alice, how was your day? I hope good!

You should not kill yourself.

Permanent solution to a temporary problem; even a minor delay in almost all people who try to commit suicide stops them.

Oh? What do you do then? What are your hobbies, etc?

Just woke up!

It is a shitty thing to do, but she liked me before she was with this guy (for 2 years) but I was taken. I'm single now, so she went for it. Everything feels so cold right now, the uncertainly of length and if she changes her mind bugs me. You're right tho, nothing but wait it out.

Can use of psychedelics bring out a psychotic break? Seen as I was misdiagnosed with schizophrenia. (No symptoms other than after using LSD etc) I´m in work, have hobbies, no delusions etc.

*Seems like this particular occurrence happened quite sometimes in this community, Eva had a similar approach if i do recall correctly. Do you think male users are more inclined to state to be females instead?*

Great, thanks man ill see you later.

psychotic breaks are alright, sounds like you've had a hard time but are getting through it

That would be far from a peaceful death, too much time to think on the way down and you most likely end up lying in excruciating agony as you slowly die.

Hence why I tried benzos + alcohol before- pass out, fall into coma, and eventually stop breathing

...what does having work and hobbies have to do with schizophrenia? Plenty of schizophrenics work.

Psychadelics can make an underlying mental condition such as schizophrenia rear its head. For your own sake, do not do them again. Let that sleeping dragon lay.

I think a lot of people who want to date me think I'm a lesbian and therefore lie about their gender. That's why I don't date people anymore.

*waves*

yeah, it´s all good now. stress overload, I guess :)

Just games and series lately really.

Just saying that a lot of people with mental illnesses (I work with people with mental illnesses) have a hard time focusing on doing daily tasks. That´s all, Alice

How about just not killing yourself, and seeking medical attention?

Why do you want to kill yourself, Anonymous?

So why not join a club related to that?
Don't close your third eye, simply because you think other people do not share your interests, Koishi!

Fuck you bitch, you didn’t answer last time

Be an hero.

People always say it's only a temporary problem though, doesn't that go against the whole idea of getting treatment for it and not going off medications?

If it was only a temporary thing then wouldn't you only need to take medications until it passes instead of staying on them forever?

great way to get back at her, dickweed

But why 2hu?

I constantly fantasize about gratuitous physical violence against, well everything. Objects, animals, people. Not even being edgy, what the hell is wrong with me?

Well, sure. If they are on the bell end of the curve. Most people with mental illness are functional.

And not all schizophrenics (or even most!) are non-functional. So don't use your functionality as a barometer for how healthy you are.

Sorry! Ask me again!

You realize almost no one takes medication forever, right? Schizophrenics and people with extreme bi-polar do...pretty much everyone else, the end goal is to wean you off of them eventually.

Why not?

Sounds like a mild form of OCD; I'd contact your doctor, maybe get a referral to a psych.

There are no clubs in my area, tried getting involved in a local gaming forum some time back but that failed horribly.

I tried to commit suicide recently, got better, taking meds. But, when I try to find stuff on it all I see is things like 'I was depressed' and 'I'm so sad', but I did it because I was so incredibly angry with myself, is this normal? Have other people tried to kill themselves because of similar reasons?

Already got medical attention before, even state run hospital didn't really help

As to why I would want to, it's pretty simple, there just isn't anything to live for anymore. No one would even notice I was gone (not exaggerating either)

*Do you remember the year you started dating anons?*

you're totally right. those drugs are a long term solution, but small doses of psychedelics can sometimes give you exactly what you need. it's not for everyone

Drugs
Life makes you jaded. When you're young you're still naive enough to believe the world is good, when it's really not.
Drugs

I have seen your threads for 3 days in a row and in non of them have you responded to me more than once, for some reason, you never told me what I should do to get over my muslim crush, you simply told me to ask him out (I already mentioned that this is off bounds for muslims), when getting over someone I have been with, there are things to love and hate and letting go of the experiences is easy with time, but I have nothing bad noteworthy to hold on to with this guy and as I said, seeing him almost daily is a chore because he makes me feel so powerless, I would do anything for him and it is so hard to get over someone when you have that mentality.

>"she" doesn't think being gay is a mental illness
Pro tip: any sexuality deviating from heterosexual, is a mental illness

I'm mentally ill. Happy yet?

Oh? You could try joining my chat if you like! We all play games!

Hmm. Angry with yourself. Tell me more.
As well, what medications are you taking?

What kindof medical attention did you get?

I would notice. And if you do manage to pass, I will guarantee you, I will remember you.

Never dated anons.

Small doses of psychedelics expose underlying mental disorders.

I've been investigating muslim communities and customs; can you tell me what kind of muslim he is?

Yeah, that's why they are evolutionarily conserved and we have proven they are evolutionarily helpful via kinship selection, right?

Go peddle your pseudoscience elsewhere, potsy.

i'm a 21 year old student and constantly contemplating suicide, should i just fucking do it?

He is a fairly religious sunni.

*Excuse me, must have misunderstood your last statement, anyway i've bothered you enough. May you have a nice day.*

give it a few years, at least until 30

Yeah, I believe you if he won't even date non-sexually. Alright, I explored every avenue for you, I'm sorry, I'm so so sorry. I thought maybe a better situation could be done.

The best way to go about this is to change your mentality. Accept that you cannot be with him, accept that it isn't going to work out, and avoid him.

The chemical responsible for this is called oxytocin, and it hits quick but fades away slowly. The only thing you can do is wait it out, normally.

However, if there is someone else you have your eye on, you can switch your affection pretty easily to them, if your oxytocin levels are high. I'm sure you are a cute girl, probably got plenty of guys with eyes on you; consider asking someone else out. It'll be difficult at first, but after a few weeks, then it won't be.

But the most important thing is to hold on to your sense of identity as a person; take time for you, do things for you, and don't put so much of your sense of self worth into other people.

I'm sorry I can't do much more, Anonymiss; while I may be the avatar of love, it doesn't mean I can tame it any more than you can.

>Sup Forums
>using facts in an argument instead of memes
You're wasting your time

How can I get myself to be more comfortable with the looks I get from people on the street? I'm transgender and the looks really shake my confidence and make my depression and anxiety worse

I am taking 15 mg of Buspirone a day

I was super angry with myself, I have a good job and PHD, but every relationship I have had turns out with the woman wanting to be friends (regardless of if we have had sex). No matter what I do I seem to always fall short of what people want, and yet they are always talking about how great I am and how worthwhile my work is. The final straw waswhen a woman I had a crush on went on 3 dates with me and talked for >30 hours in a weekend, and then decided she wasn't attracted to me.

In-patient psychiatric care, both local hospital many times, state run psychiatric hospital, special psychiatric in-patient facility, tried on pretty much every type of antidepressant, out-patient psychiatrist, group therapy sessions, and 1 on 1 therapist

None really seemed to help much at all

Appreciate the sentiment, but doesn't really help since I know there's no way you could notice due the anonymous nature of Sup Forums

Men are still good, right?

No. Seek medical attention.

Aren't we all?

Oh Anonymiss. I'm sure you are as beautiful on the outside as you are on the inside; you need to love yourself more! Don't bother with others; as a person with disabilities, I get looks all the time too. Hold your head up high and tell em to take a picture if they want you so bad!

In all seriousness, you've got to believe in yourself and live for you, first. Don't worry about other people so much.

Did they give you any more information besides that? That DOES sound like depression Anonymous; it can manifest as sadness or anger, but it's the same underlying condition.

That doesn't tell me anything; where you went doesn't dictate how good the care was or what therapies they gave you. As well, there are new antidepressants every year; I need to know WHICH.

And you'd be surprised. People are easy to recognize, even on Sup Forums, to the trained eye.

How do I find an aim in life?

I am a 26 years old male virgin finishing my masters degree (this summer). I don't have any goal or anything that I want to accomplish in life. I'm the typical result of the overfed western ciivlizaition. There is nothing in life for me to live but all around it is too comfortable to off myself. I'm currently still living with my parents because I don't see the point in moving out. Money is not the problem I have around 20k savings but nothing to spend them on because nothing interests me. I spend my days on Sup Forums playing vidya now and then and fapping. Occasionally I do something for my studies (working on the thesis right now). I can't even tell how I did it but I will finish with a very good degree but what then? I could get a pretty good job with that but for what. I don't need all that money. I guess I'm just completely lost.

Serious here OP

I get over whelmed emotionally
I can be ok then placed in a different scenario and lose it
I get anxy and feel like everyone is starring at me
I yesterday at the park I was koo but some chicks approached and automatically got weird started not trying to look foolish and by doing so brought that out even more
What can I do

>it doesn't think mental illnesses come with evolution of the gene pool as mutations are formed and genetic data is lost

Lol ok, it's funny that you want gays to be treated normal, but people that fuck the same aex, are as low as people that fuck dogs (like you),

And it doesn't change the fact anyway, that your argument will always be flawed. If you open the door to homosexuals, you'll need to open the door to beastiality as well. Which we all know you are willing to do (I mean you took a dog cock in your holes), but in the end, just like everyone else on the planet, somehow gay is a sexuality, it's not a mental illness, but pedophilia is. And you will use circular logic to keep it that way, seeing as society needs someone to put the blame on and be the punching bag of the modern world.

*You could always use an avatar.*

Huh?

Masters degree in what?

Go to a doctor! You have anxiety issues and need therapy!

Again, what you are speaking of is genetic drift. Homosexuality is evolutionarily conserved, meaning it is a result of natural selection, not genetic drift or neutral selection.

Take a class on kinship selection, dude.
Unlike bestiality, homosexuality confers a group reproductive advantage. So, no.

We all have good and bad traits, so no one, man or woman can really be called good nor bad.

We all fall somewhere in between the two, with some being closer to the good side and some closer to the bad side.

Wouldn't these threads be better on r9k?
Sure you will get some hate, but not mentioning your gender should shave off 50% of the hate, leaving only the autists raving about avatar and anime fagging.

I'm sure plenty of anons there might want help, or even just to talk. It couldn't hurt to try.
Plus you could use a tripcode

*I'm pretty sure the conversation you are referring to was just a roleplay.*