Mew - Frengers

>13
AM - Whatever People Say I Am,That's What I'm Not

>Now
Television - Marquee Moon

I'm glad I expanded my taste.

even if you're joking, you can still get banned for this

I still love Black Star too

The weird thing is that I went through a five year period where I wouldn't listen to metal, so I never really grew out of metal, I just grew back into it.

Both good albums, but LYSF really is incredible.
MODS

>13
Captain Beefheart and his Magic Band - Trout Mask Replica
>Now
Jason Aldean - Old Boots, New Dirt

This is correct

Fucking Savage

>The weird thing is that I went through a five year period where I wouldn't listen to metal, so I never really grew out of metal, I just grew back into it.
same

my taste is closer to before i started browsing Sup Forums, to when i browsed Sup Forums for a year

I'd say AB, or OK Computer, Or Murmur are my top 3 irreplaceable 10's (Yankee Hotel Foxtrot too)

Epic I feel ya buddy

Frengers is a great album. Especially the last song on it.

Great switch in taste. Proud of u

>not understanding that it's possible to like the same album for five years or more

What's happening in 2021? Did Kanye win the election?

Coldplay a shit

inb4 someone outs themselves as underage by posting an album that came out after oct. 25 2012 for 13

sheeeeiiiiit didn't even realize it was a new album. Who gives af about Danny Brown

both great albums

>13
Nickelback - All the Right Reasons
>Now (21)
NIN - The Downward Spiral p

lol

The album came out a month ago lmao, but yeah it was a joke and it's retarded that you can get banned for that.

anyone who cares about hip-hop..?

>13
Tool - 10,000 Days
>Now
Sweet Trip - Halica

I was quietly edgy

Oh, so you're what, 16 now?

>caring about hip-hop
I'm sorry I thought this was a music board

>13
AM - Whatever People Say I Am,That's What I'm Not

>Now
Elliott Smith - Either/Or

>13
Linkin Park - Hybrid Theory

>Now
Gojira - From Mars to Sirius

13:
Either of these:
youtube.com/watch?v=qcyUBBqua2g
youtube.com/watch?v=3qcL34LqDEQ
Listened to both of those an unhealthy amount, so can't decide.

Now:
Hard to decide but Soundtracks for the Blind has been the biggest revelation of recent years. At first I didn't like it and it was hard to listen to it at all but one winter night I went for a long walk while listening to the album and everything became clear.
Still mostly listen to metal though.

While I can say for certain my favorite album at 13, my current favorite changes on a weekly basis, so this is just my favorite album in this moment. Either this or Quadrophenia

Never grew out of the atheism thing

>13:
probably the fat of the land or something

>now:
probably larks' tongues or something

13:
Linkin Park - Meteora

now:
Iceage - Plowing into the field of love

M O D S

So you're 14 I take it?

No.

if you count an EP as an album, if you don't, then I have no idea what else I listened to when I was 13

you went backwards

Nigga shut up I already said it was a joke

No shame. Also, did more than one.

are you 17 years old now?

I just can't stand Varg's screamed vocals. I guess I'll only ever like Belus and Filosofem.

Good taste for a 13 year old

Do you like Pullhair Rubeye reversed the way they released it or the "normalized" version that's been floating around? It's an interesting concept but it's one of the only AnCo projects I've never visited because of the shit it gets

u were patrician @ 13

What's the now album?

Not him but Coldplay aint so bad

>then
System of a Down- Toxicity

>now
Lyle Lovett- Live in Texas

Not even memeing

best taste ITT

so youre 14 now

XD

I like you :)

You've regressed. The Beatles are the best music artist of all time, and Bowie is in a not too distant second.

Also, neither of those are the best albums by the respective artists. Revolver edges the White Album into second place. Station to Station, Ziggy, Heroes, Low, Hunky Dory, Young Americans and TMWSTW are better.

Wow your taste got worse

Nice meme tripfag

>regressed
Well I wouldn't go THAT far, but yeah I can see why you like the Beatles better.

As for Bowie at least 15 of his albums are 10/10s.

And as for the Beatles their first album was shit, but I love their other stuff, I just stopped listening to them. May pick up a beatles album for nostalgia some time.

MODS HE'S NOW BROKEN 2 RULES

I like it the original backwards way. Avey has perfect vocals for the reverse sound and his ex sounds just as cute.

me 2
>13
SOAD - Toxicity
>now
Slint - Spiderland

Thank you! I still like that album desu I'm just not as emo anymore

I'm sure your pretty cool too friend.

Ma' man

what's funny is that still manages to be a downgrad

I spent an entire summer listening to Toxicity and reading my way through Steinbeck's Grapes of Wrath since it was summer reading that year. Love both of them, they'll be forever linked together in my mind. Hope to drive through a dusty Western desert some day listening to it.

Diamond Dogs is incredibly underrated on Sup Forums, I think it's among his top 5

nice this sounds fun

I think it's his #1, personally. It's just SUCH a perfect album from start to finish and one of the few without 1 bad track. (even his best has some weak tracks, but not this one)

What's your Bowie top 5?

nice I also had grapes of wrath as a reading assignment in high school but I think I just bs'd my way through it. I still listen to system though, I think they'll go down as a classic, especially Toxicity

I don't know if I can get an exact order but it would be some permutation of these albums:
>Scary Monsters
>Low
>Ziggy
>Station to Station
>Diamond Dogs

how about you?

Toxicity is great but I think my favorite SOAD might be Steal this Album!, it seems the most consistent to me.

>13
Wish You Were Here
>Now
Close to the Edge

I know how it looks, no, I'm not from le wrong generation, most of the music I listen to is in the vein of neopsych and New Weird America. If there is one time period I prefer over others it's the 2004-2006 era freak folk.

Still love fall out boy tho

At 13
>Nu metal
>Butt rock
>Pop punk
>Alt rock
>Rap rock

At 22
>Post-rock
>Goth rock
>New wave
>Psychedelic
>Folk

I'm just gonna warn you that I don't really choose the typical best-Bowie choices.

>Diamond Dogs
>Earthling
>Aladdin Sane
>Heathen
>Black Tie White Noise

Thanks famalam
Where's you'res?

The fact that so many books still name the Beatles as "the greatest or most significant or most influential" rock band ever only tells you how far rock music still is from becoming a serious art. Jazz critics have long recognized that the greatest jazz musicians of all times are Duke Ellington and John Coltrane, who were not the most famous or richest or best sellers of their times, let alone of all times. Classical critics rank the highly controversial Beethoven over classical musicians who were highly popular in courts around Europe. Rock critics are still blinded by commercial success. The Beatles sold more than anyone else (not true, by the way), therefore they must have been the greatest. Jazz critics grow up listening to a lot of jazz music of the past, classical critics grow up listening to a lot of classical music of the past. Rock critics are often totally ignorant of the rock music of the past, they barely know the best sellers. No wonder they will think that the Beatles did anything worthy of being saved.

Im listening to your current fave rn. This is damn good stuff man