Are there people of your family who fight in a war ?

Are there people of your family who fight in a war ?
My grandfather did Algerian war

I fought in the great Sup Forums war

My great great grandfather died in ww1 - apart from that, no.

No, at least nobody that's still alive.

Several ancestors fought in the Great Emu War

t.Smug Emu

My great grandfather also did ww1 from 1914 to 1916, then he was imprisoned by the germans, and spend the rest of the war working in a german farm.

testing

my great grandfather died in a concentration camp. some dirty jew gave him a disease when he was on guard duty.

Granpa was in the Waffen SS,he lost his arm when a artillery shell exploded nearby and was sent home.Did some signal intelligence work later when soviets attacked with full force in 1944 for finnish army.

neither of my granddads did.
one joined voluntarily to the army before the conscription started so that he wasn't sent to the battlefield.
another was simply an elite student so he was placed on a mainland.

My grandfather's half brother/cousin (not sure which) was infantry in the Korean War.

My grandfather himself was in the army during the Vietnam War, but he wasn't deployed - he was an instructor in an armor (tank) outfit.

My grandfather did the same during WWII.
He had a polish gf, there

Grandfather was a nazi
Great Grandfather shot nazis

I hope your great grandfather was at least a based nationalist and not some dirty tolerant commie.

Great grandfather fought in ww1 - don't know much about him

Grandfather fought in WW2 against Rommel in North Africa and then Italy - he actually got invited to have dinner with the queen with other veterans a few years back at Buckingham Palace, but refused to go. RIP

What a coincidence, mine too.

He dropped french pigs like flies, and bombed their roads.

My father's elder brother was kanikaze pilot and am proud of it,

Grandfather fought in WW2. He was 16 when he was drafted and the war was almost over so he didn't do much.

Deserved it 2bh

>french pigs
>french flag

Uav2gbkmuspig

my father was a peacekeeper in cyprus for 2 years,69-71 it was peaceful,they mainly kept the local farmers driving their livestock to the minefields,it was common,because un cucks would pay for compensation for those sheeps/pigs/goats 50x their actual value

my grandfathers from both sides were in ww2 and my mothers brother has been a peacekeeper. Now he is an edgy cliche veteran who yells at everyone

>Great Granda was in the Royal Artillery during the battle of France
>great granduncle died during the battle of the Barents Sea
>Another great granduncle died evacuating Crete
>another great grand uncle was in the army during the war but I don't know anything about him
>great great granda was at the Somme alongside a number of my great great granduncles

Whatever you said mohamed

Algerian subhumans killing civilians

Fucking de gaulle

They don't know how to fight against soldiers so they just kill civilians or their compatriots.

Hell, harkis didn't deserve that.

My grandma's cousin bombed the shit out of the servile pseudo-race in his Wellington bomber during WW2

My grandfather had two brothers. Ony guy was in the reserve police force and sat in prison during WW2 because he refused to take orders from the germans. The other guy worked for the resistance and I know very little about it, he had to escape to Sweden to not get captured. Since my grandfather was too young to join the military, he didn't join until the war was over and was part of a peacekeeping force in Berlin after the war.

Great-grandfather fought in 1920 war against commies. Got wounded near Grodno

my great great great grandfather died for Britain in ww1

>he unironically called harkis "their compatriots"
heh, stay classy

Harki death toll was higher because french, cowards as they are, hide in the big cities and sent harkis in dangerous remote villages

Should've been la fausse commune ou le cercueil

My grandpa was in Hlinka Guard and fought against Partisans

did he raped some algerian qts?
i've heard that rapes were really common

My great grandfather raided USA along with Pancho villa when he was 13

My great great grandfather in the WWI, he was one of the 18 years old used in the battle of the Piave river and at Vittorio Veneto

Grandfather was in a resistance movement during WW2.

He never talk about the war, so I don't know

Father was in the Air Force during the Vietnam war, but remained stateside.

1/Go back to Algayria
2/"fausse" => are you even trying?

He was a
>brazillian soldier

Did you people actually talk to your grandparents or something? All of mine were dead by the time I turned 10.

Grandpa fought in the civil war.

1st WW, 2nd WW, Afghanistan, 1st Chechnya and Syrian civil war

ww1
ww2
Falklands thats all that I know about could be more

fun fact all my male ancestors from 1800 to 1950 died in wars

so i'm next

My grandfather fought in the Football War against Honduras. He died in 2013 and I didn't find out he was in the army until earlier this year. I wish I had the chance to ask him for some stories before he died. I also had some uncles who fought in the Salvadoran civil war, on both sides.

The most Russian post ever

great grandpa fought in the rif war

One of my great-granduncles was deployed to Cuba in 1898.

great grand dad did ww2, grandpappy did korea, all my uncles did nam and a few did iraq. apparently it goes back all the way to the revolution according to my family. but this is doubtful since we immigrated here in the 20's. i'm not even sure i buy us fighting in wwii, at least not on the US side.

>born early enough to fight in WW1
>but not early enough to be too old to fight in WW2
My great grandfather fought in both wars. Poor guy.

>Maternal Grandfather
WW2 tank driver and then commander under Patton from N.Africa until the end with three bronze stars. Trained tank crews during the Korean War.
>Paternal Grandfather
Bomber pilot in WW2 but airwar in Europe died down by the time he was done with training. Worked on some experimental radar stuff and ran a aircorp machinist school.
>Father
Vietnam Era Navy. Stationed on an aircraft carrier but never was anywhere near Vietnam.
>Cousin's Husband
Officer and Black Hawk pilot in Iraq and Afghanistan.
>Different Cousin
Marine who served in combat in Iraq and Afghanistan.

>Mom's side

Great grandfather was in the Army. Fought in WW2 on both fronts and Korea. Spent time stationed in both Germany and Korea, as well as all over the U.S. There's a family rivalry over some of his war trophies.

Grandpa got drafted for Vietnam, but he didn't have a brother do they stuck him in the National Guard. The National Guard's tradition of not doing shit continued throughout his life as a bum.

>Dad's side

Great Uncle fought in Vietnam and was airborne in the Army. Had flashbacks for years, especially while skydiving, which was a bit of a problem because he ran a small skydiving business. Also gave a training rifle to my Dad to use as a toy. He still has it.

Great Great Uncle fought for Italy in WW2, not sure if it was when they were allies with Germany or not though.

>Me
In the Army as a MP. Mom hates it because her Grandpa (the one that fought in WW2 and Korea) tried to make sure nobody in the family ever joined the military again.

granpa dindu nouffin

Grandpa on mother's side: fought in the pacific during ww2. Was on an aircraft carrier as an airplane mechanic. Only saw minimal combat as such. Hung around the Philippines for almost the whole war.

Grandpa on father's side: was too young for ww2 but joined up after the war and was part of the American occupation of Germany for a bit.

All I know. None too exciting.

the meme war of 2012 or 2016?

t. butthurt radek

surely he refers to the boxxy wars of 2008

Thats why everybody likes french (not)

I fought the law

My Polish great-grandfather was killed by Cosacks at some time during the interwar, I believe. Grandfather got shot whilst fighting somewhere in Europe. He died from pneumonia in 1999.

made me chuckle. god bless you soul user

pic related

and the law won

Great-great grandfather fought in Belgium during WWI and both my dad and uncle were conscripted for Vietnam. That's about it, maybe further back there was some others

My family had a rather extensive history serving as science officers in the Air Force and Navy. I plan on going into the Air Force for my Masters when I'm like 32 or something to become a Lieutenant.

Nobody's been a soldier though, as terrible as this sounds just giving our bodies for this country is rather foolish. You can do quite a bit more developing technology.

Grandfather fought in the Colonial War, never really talked about it

Fuck you

One in the Rif war
Another was part of the Blue Division

2 of my grandmother's borthers died in the early days of WW2
it's not really WW2, but my grandfathers was affected to a military occupation camp in Germany in WW2 aftermath

my grandfathers' father fought in wwII in Russia, he was sent to a gulag, and at the end of the war, together with an hungarian and austrian soldier he was captured with, walked all the way back home.
He was in the Alpini Julia division

My father's family has a strong military tradition, and it's an old noble family, with autistically precise records of family history up to the 11th century. They pretty much participated in every single conflict since France is a thing. The family castle was first built by a guy from a minor branch of a local noble family with wealth brought back from the crusades. Our name is even on the Arc de Triomphe.

Closer to me, my grandpa was in the army in the Second World War, then joined the Free French Forces. His father was a cuirassier during WW1, before they realised charging on horse at machine guns isn't a great idea. He was lucky though, his horse was shot under him and destroyed one of his legs, but acted as shield. He stayed under it a full day, but somehow made a full recovery and went back to the front a few months later. He died during WW2, though, volunteered to be taken as hostage, died in a camp of typhus.

On the other side of the family, I know a lot of less. My grandpa might have fought during the Spanish Civil War, but we know for sure that once he arrived in France he was in the Resistance. My grandma's brother died during WW2. Her father of course fought in WW1, and did well, got field promoted and awarded some medals.

We used to have consciption anyway, so I'd imagine most of my ancestors participated in the big wars of their day.

One of my grandpas fought in the Portuguese colonial wars in Africa.

one of my ancestors fought for the confederates but he lived in ny and i don't think he saw any action. im not sure exactly how it worked but apparently we belonged to some weird confederate enclave in upstate ny. i know we used to try to catch slaves and bring them up through canada to return them but i don't think we were ever actually successful.

i know a lot of us were pro nazi too.

Do you know roughly where he was posted? I heard you guys did pretty well in the war up until the Carnation Revolution.
Know anything about where he was posted? Reason I ask is because I have a bit of an interest in the various African Bush wars, some fascinating shit.
Great-Grandfather and all his brothers save one (who would later serve in Korea) served in WW2, three in the air force one in the army. Great-Grandfather was a bombardier and kept rather detailed records of the targets he hit in mainland Europe. Never got to speak to him much about the war since he died 11 years ago. Apparently was regarded as very lucky since he flew an assload of sorties but aside from some flak his bomber was never intercepted by fighters. One of his brothers wasn't as lucky and got shot down twice.

Grandpa was in ww2

Uncle was in Vietnam

i thought the air force didn't exist as a seperate branch until aftter wwii? was it founded during?

Grandpa on dad's side fought in the 9th ID for thE US in WWII. Saw action in N. Africa, landed at Utah Beach, and his unit got nearly wiped out at the Battle of the Bulge in the Huertgen Forest. He said he was the only senior NCO that made it from his company out of Huertgen. Grandpa on mom's side was a logistics/truck/ambulance driver in the rear and wasn't in combat. He was a career military man, though. Retired as a CSM with tours in Europe, Korea, Vietnam, and Germany.

true patriots.

Two great uncles in world war 2.

great grandfather died on D-Day

I'm guessing he meant they were in its predecessor, which was called the United States Army Air Forces.
It's acceptable to just shorten it down to Air Force when talking about WW2 I guess considering that was the only war it existed for.
Before ww2 it was the Air Corps and afterwards the Air Force obviously became a separate branch.

Was simplifying it a bit, great-grandfather and two brothers were in the Army Air Force. Great Grandfather was in the 8th for the duration of his service, can't remember about his brothers. One served in the Pacific at first and got the silver star for a bombing raid on Rabaul, the other was the one who was shot down twice. First time he managed to escape with the help of Yugoslav partisans and the British OSS, second time he got sent to Stalag Luft III, a few months after the whole Great Escape happened. According to him they were going to try again when the Germans started moving them around to other camps as the allies started advancing. Eventually advance elements of Patton's army got to them. Final brother who was in WW2 who wasn't in the air force participated in the Battle of the Bulge (described it largely as being constantly moving backwards, then forwards) until he got wounded in the arm by arty taking one of the bridges on the Rhine.
>Huertgen
People often forget about that one, but that was some pretty heavy shit. Your grandpa must've been one tough bastard.

My grandfather was a fighter pilot in WW 2 and Korea. His brother died at Monte Cassino. My brother fought in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Well if we count shit as far back as the Civil War and the Crusades I had two family members who fought for the Confederates as cavalry raiders (they were brothers who later turned to crime). One of them was involved in the raid on Lawrence.

Also had a family member who was a general in the American Revolution, for America of course. But this also means he fought for the British for quite a while before the revolution.

All on my mom's side. But obviously all so long ago it doesn't really matter.

>all of these Americans in war

Warlike people it seems. Spineless Euros.

yeah he was. he said huertgen messed him up more than any other of his campaigns. he lost nearly all of his friends and told my dad and his siblings that they had to literally hug the trees to stay alive. the germans set their artillery shells to explode over the canopy so the units died from tree shrapnel and shit. he also said it was the coldest he's ever been (and he's from michigan mind you, he knows cold) and that his piss froze before it hit the ground. the battle of the bulge gets all the attention, but the americans got absolutely slaughtered in huertgen. his company had only 15-20 guys make it out alive after that.

my grandpa was a larger than life kind of guy. his war experience was really something else and he never talked about it, so you know it was legit. after huertgen, his unit freed a concentration camp which also really messed him up. and he even got to shake hands with the russians on the river elbe in dessau at the end of the war.

*says hello in Turkish*

i only exist because a german bullet hit my grandfather in the shoulder and not the chest in 1916 on the somme. almost nobody believes that my literal grandfather fought in ww2 though since im 26 years old

>me: 1990
>dad: 1949
>grandfather: 1898

*WW1 not WW2

He was a paratrooper in Mozambique, don't know more than this

My Aragonese grandfather killed Communists during the Spanish Civil War. My Andalusian great-grandfather died at the hands of the Falagists, he was an anarchist syndicalist.

>volunteered to be taken as hostage
He surrendered?

Well we have had within the past 1-200 years several engagements where we either had mass call-ups or mass volunteers, therefore it stands to reason that if/when these soldiers had families there's going to be a lot of descendants who can say that their uncle/grandfather/father/etc. served in some capacity.
Shit, glad he was still around to relay his experiences to someone. I always feel the urge (even if I realize its probably rude) to ask older vets from WW2/Korea (and Nam too since they're getting older) about their experiences for the simple fact that there's less of them around. Only family member I had who went through heavy ground combat was a distantly related grand-uncle who served in Korea and saw some heavy shit there. Met him at a family reunion, where he spoke more about the hijinks and other somewhat upbeat stuff that he experienced. Then I met his son who told me that in private he sometimes talks about the fact that his dad was one of the older guys in his company (he was about 23-24 in Korea, most guys were a few years younger) and how a lot of his buddies didn't make it out. Also told me that he served alongside a unit of Turks and described them as "absolutely crazy bastards" who preferred to engage the reds with bayonets and long knives.

>Paratrooper
Shit, the guy probably operated pretty hard. I haven't read much on the subject but from what I can recall Portuguese paratroopers were usually regarded as among the most professional of the forces stationed in the colonies. How is the war remembered in Portugal today?

My Grandfather and great uncle both fought in WW2. Grandfather in Europe and uncle in Pacific