The gorilla shouldn't have been shot...

The gorilla shouldn't have been shot, it was the parents fault for not looking after their kid and resulted in him being in the Gorillas enclosure.

In the three separate recorded instances of this happening in recent times (1986 with Jambo and 1996 with Binti) there has never been a case where the gorilla killed or even harmed the child.

The shooting of the gorilla in this case was reprehensible and the parents should face criminal charges for letting the kid get into that situation through neglect and the resultant death of an otherwise innocent animal.

Other urls found in this thread:

nbcnews.com/id/44859150/ns/world_news-world_environment/t/baby-gorilla-black-market-rescued/#.V0ywz2wUVok
nbcnews.com/id/4558461/ns/us_news/t/gorillas-escape-violent-rampage-stun-zoo-officials/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

How do you get the kid out of the enclosure?

Binti Jua incident in 1996:

>> Binti Jua (born March 17, 1988) is a female western lowland gorilla in the Brookfield Zoo, in Brookfield, Illinois, outside of Chicago. She is best known for an incident in which she saved a three-year-old boy who fell into her enclosure.

>>Binti is best known for an incident which occurred on August 16, 1996, when she was eight years old. A three-year-old boy climbed the wall around the gorilla exhibit and fell 18 feet into the gorilla enclosure below, suffering a broken hand and a large gash on the side of his face.

>>Binti walked towards the unconscious boy while helpless spectators screamed, certain that the gorillas would harm him. Instead, Binti protected the child. Binti gently cradled the child and laid him down when she heard her shift door open to her downstairs enclosure. Her 17-month-old baby, Koola, clutched her back throughout the incident. The boy spent four days in the hospital and recovered fully.
>>Binti received international media attention from this incident and her heroics, and for many months afterwards, received special treats and food from zoo staffers, and much attention from visitors.

Jambo incident 1986:

>>Jambo (April 17, 1961 – September 16, 1992) was a celebrated gorilla housed at Jersey Zoo. He is well known for protecting a young boy named Levan Merritt who fell into the gorilla enclosure in 1986.

>How do you get the kid out of the enclosure?

Armed keepers went in, shot the gorilla and took the kid out.

Jambo incident 1986:

>>Jambo (April 17, 1961 – September 16, 1992) was a celebrated gorilla housed at Jersey Zoo. He is well known for protecting a young boy named Levan Merritt who fell into the gorilla enclosure in 1986.

>>Jambo shot to international news stardom overnight on August 31, 1986, when five-year-old Levan Merritt fell into the gorilla enclosure and lost consciousness. Jambo stood guard over the boy when he was unconscious, placing himself between the boy and other gorillas in what ethologists analyze as a protective gesture. He later stroked the unconscious boy's back. When the boy regained consciousness and started to cry, Jambo and the other gorillas retreated in panic, and the silverback led them into the little house. But when the gate was closing, a younger gorilla named Hobbit got out, and a paramedic and two keepers rescued the boy. Most of the drama was shot on home video by Brian Le Lion, and extensively photographed by bystanding zoo visitors. The publicity on major news channels and newspapers helped ease public fears about the potentially violent nature of gorillas.

innocent animal?

Why don't you go into a gorillas pit and hang out with these "innocent animals" fucking idiot.

Yes, I agree with you that its the parents fault and maybe they should be prosecuted, but fucking right for shooting that gorilla. Its a god damn wild gorilla. So fucking what if it was in captivity, its still a wild fucking animal that could literally rip your face off without even trying.

TEAM PEOPLE, BITCH. TEAM FUCKING PEOPLE.

People like you don't get it. Every wild animal is an innocent animal poor baby don't hurt it, its majestic nature, Im sorry, but you seen to forget that the wild, mother nature, doesn't give a fuck about you and thousands of years ago we were struggling to survive in the wild side by side with these "innocent animals." Nah, man, wild fucking beasts that should be left alone.

The crowd was yelling at the gorilla and he was getting very agitating and dragging the boy around by his ankle. They had to shoot him.

There is audio of the boy telling his mother he was going to the moat and wandered off. According to CNN, he went under a rail, through the wires, and over the moat to get in.

Its clear the boy is responsible for the death of the gorilla, and his parents not watching a child who was clearly a problem kid makes them culpable also.

But the zoo did what it had to do. In the wilds, the gorilla would flee, but in this case he had no where to go, and the crowd was freaking. He was possibly moments away from taking it out on the boy. They HAD to shot him.

I know that. I meant without shooting the gorilla how do you do it?

the crowd was freaking the gorilla out**

>I know that. I meant without shooting the gorilla how do you do it?

You either coax it back into it's sleeping quarters or you tranquillise it. There was no need to shoot it.

It was dragging the little niglet around like a fucking rag-doll. Of course they had to shoot it.... Idiot.

they should've let the gorilla kill the kid to teach dumb parents everywhere a lesson. the biggest problem the world faces is shit-tier parents who are more worried about facebook than raising their children

from cnn.com:

"Tranquilizers do not take effect for several minutes, and the child was in imminent danger. On top of that, the impact from the dart could agitate the animal and cause the situation to get much worse," Thane Maynard, director of the Cincinnati Zoo & Botanical Garden, said in a statement released Sunday.

>innocent animal?

Yes. The gorilla was innocent. It didn't let the kid into the gorilla's enclosure, the neglectful parents did.

The crowd further made the gorilla nervous with the crowd screaming. It's just a gorilla, it didn't know what to do.

The gorilla treated the kid no differently than it would have treated his own kid, yet got shot by the keepers.

You ever try to coax an agitated silver back?

>nigger
>team people

only one user

The only way to calm an agitated silver back is to softly sing to it while you suck its dick. But the zookeepers were all limited by their heterosexuality. So they shot him. This is why we shouldn't let heteros work at a zoo.

>You either coax it back into it's sleeping quarters

Oh hey mr. Wild Gorilla man, will you so kindly go back into your sleeping quarters so we can save the little boy, thank you.
NO. Might Takes too much time, time you literally don't have in a life or death situation like that. I don't care if the animal was all "sweet" its a life or death situation when a god damn gorilla is inches away from your face. Wild fucking animal, stupid.

you tranquillize it

All this is happening as people are screaming and yelling, the gorilla is getting agitated, the zoo keepers also need to watch out for their own safety and the safety of the on lookers, What if you missed with the tranquilizers or it take maybe 10-15 seconds for it to take effect, that 15 seconds the wild animal of a beast has to get mad and attack. nope.

I get why they killed it but to save a nigger shit man shoulda let the monkey have its way with the jiggaboo

according to the zookeeper quoted in the CNN article, tranquilizers do not take effect for several minutes

the boy and family was black?

Even if the gorilla stayed completely harmless, it could have ended horribly wrong. They did the right thing.

More like the other way around, shit for brains. Who wouldn't scream when they're about to see a child dismembered?

Oh wait, this is Sup Forums. carry on, you sick fucks.

now that's what I call edgy

>they should've let the gorilla kill the kid to teach dumb parents everywhere a lesson.

Regardless, the kids parents should faces charges of neglect and culpability in the death of the gorilla.

mixed at the least

>Who wouldn't scream when they're about to see a child dismembered?

Bullshit. That never happened in the other incidents and wasn't going to happen here.

It was dragging the kid, I would have shot it too.

Yes, they did the right thing SO FAR, but now the family needs to be charged with child endangerment and manslaughter (for actions leading to the death of Harambe.)

Why the fuck is no one asking how a zoo's barricade was such shit that a 4 year old got through it?

Eh, I've seen people die before. I don't care that much. I'd watch just waiting to see what happens next. No screaming. Just suspense.

People like you who humanize a wild animal sicken me.

>Just a gorilla :( YES, JUST A FUCKING GORILLA, BRO. A WILD FUCKING BEAST.

>it didn't know what to do. CORRECT, its a gorilla, it knows how to eat sleep shit and fuck. and KILL. KILL.

> The gorilla treated the kid no differently than it would have treated his own kid.

There you are again humanizing a god damn wild animal. Oh, that sweet gorilla treated that boy like its own kind. Just like us humans would because we have morals and conscious and know how to be nice. Lets apply that to the sweet gorilla.

Just because the wild animal was treating the kid kindly, doesn't mean it was being a sweet innocent gorilla. You have no fucking idea what was going inside the gorillas head. For all you know it was inspecting the boy and maybe, if they didn't shoot it, it would have started to rip the boys limbs apart.

Dont humanize wild animals. They are wild fucking animals.

The child wasn't dragged across water and rocks in those incidents. He was being way too rough even if he didn't intend to hurt the child.

Oh no!!! Not the dreaded... Eeeevil.. DRAGGING!!! *fires pistol into air on blind outrage*

Why are you faggots busy arguing about gorillas on Veterans Day? You should be ashamed of yourselves.

>Why the fuck is no one asking how a zoo's barricade was such shit that a 4 year old got through it?

Apparently the kid squeezed through the bars of the enclosure, climbed over another small fence protecting the moat and jumped into the moat.

I agree that it does sound a bit weak from the zoo, but no other kid has done that in the decades the gorilla enclosure has been opened.

However, this might also have been why the zoo overreacted and shot the gorilla.

The first nigger to look after his son and not run away. Fucking white people, why can't you have let him be a real man!

Only the little niglet should have been shot.

The first time a nigglet meets his father and he gets shot

They shoulda shot the niglet.

There's a billion worthless niggers in the world, but very few gorillas.

>Only the little niglet should have been shot.

Perhaps, at least then the little bastard wouldn't have wound up the gorilla any more, but the tranquilliser shots are only rated for animals, not nigglets.

This.

That gorilla isn't Koko where it communicates and is very civilized. It's untrained, wild and strong enough to make me shit myself if I fell into that cage. It may have just been curious about the boy before deciding if it should leave him be, kill him or protect him. If the boy stupidly looks the gorilla in the eyes (as we humans do with each other) that could be seen as a challenge and therefore an instant death sentence. Shooting it was right. But the parents should be charged for negligence and endangerment for letting their faggy kid go over like that.

>There's a billion worthless niggers in the world, but very few gorillas.

kek

Who cares it's a nigger not a child. An animal just like the gorilla.

black lives matter

Also:

Only problem is that parents can sue you. A gorilla can't. Otherwise I may prioritize the very endangered species over the person.

>should face criminal charges for neglect and the resultant death of an otherwise innocent animal.

Then why aren't you vegan?
56 billion innocent animals die each year by people neglecting the fact that those animals die to satisfy their unhealty retarded meat eating habits.

pic related, how would it look if you didn't have to pay a loser minimum wage to do the dirty job for you.

A 400 lb gorilla dragging a 4 year old, that's definitely a reason to shoot.

You try having someone forcefully drag you through water and rocks, then try to imagine it was a little kid instead.

>the family needs to be charged with child endangerment and manslaughter (for actions leading to the death of Harambe.)

Fuck off with that PETA crap. Manslaughter my arse. It was a fucking gorilla, not a human.

Sure the kids parents should be charged with child endagerment, but in terms of the gorilla they can only really be charged with actions leading to the death of an animal, like a driver who runs into the back of a horse.

Lets not get beyond ourselves here.

human life worth more than gorilla's

sorry.

go cry somewhere else.

today is memorial day.

veterans day is for honoring soldiers that are still alive, and memorial day is for honoring all of the dead ones.

>black lives matter

>Putting niggers before animals
What are you, fucking gay?

last I checked cows are almost extinct

>mfw all these people blaming everything but the damn parents

The gorilla was doing it's gorilla thing and the 4-year-old was doing what 4-year-olds do. The zoo chose the best option available to save the human life.
The only party at fault here are the retarded parents. One of the universal jobs of parenthood is to prevent your offspring from making dumb, potentially lethal decisions.

This incident is all our faults. If we would just listen to the NRA, then everyone there except the gorilla would have had a gun. When the gorilla walked up to the kid, a shootout would have happened. Then everyone would have just moved on to the elephants, cause once everyone has guns, shootouts like that would be so commonplace they wouldn't make the news.

>young boy named levan meritt

so is it pretty much only black kids that seem to fall into these gorilla cages?

>Only problem is that parents can sue you. A gorilla can't.

Nope, but the zoo can sue the parents as the gorilla was their property. Fuck knows what the cost of a replacement gorilla is. Not cheap I'm guessing.

> "Humanizing"
> People
> Wild animals

> We kill millions with a button without flinching because it "saves us lifes and time"

> We are not wild animals that would get aggravated by getting our captivated territory disputed by a retarded kid with even more retarded parents.

Stop differenting "humans" from animals, we are the same.

Personally, I would have given the parents the decision to either:

A. Enter the area and "save" the boy themselves

B. Show all you morons how "human" we are when his parents would not even try to lift a FINGER to protect him or save him by themselves

Well it was either getting shot by the zookeeper now or get shot by another nigger in the next lifetime

I agree with vegetarians but still eat meat.

Why?

One person won't stop the meat industry. Why deprive myself of a pleasure if it lacks impact? Pointless. However, lots of meat is bad. Heart issues. Milk too. I don't drink milk and if I eat an animal it's usually fish and chicken.

the fuck are you talking about? I'm pretty sure humans aren't exactly on the brink of extinction.

were you dropped on your head as a child?

so why did the black lives matter protesters riot and loot ferguson when a criminal robbed a convenience store and then tried to beat an officer and take his gun, but not when this guy just stands between the yelling crowd and the baby boy in an effort to protect him? the one time a nigga does something commendable, and gets shot for no reason, and not a single peep from al sharpton or a single town is rioting or on fire???? wtf is wrong with people??

Saying the gorilla shouldn't have been shot presupposes the notion that the life of an animal even matters in the first place. I'm always annoyed when people try to project their ideas of "morality" on to animal rights. Guess what, there's no right and wrong in nature. There's only what we can do, and what we can't do. Your (and others) ideas of what is "right" or "wrong" when it comes to our interaction with animals is completely contrived. So kick and scream about this gorillas' "rights" all you want, just realize it's like your opinion man; not a code that everyone else must live by.

>parents fault
The kid is 1/2 niglet
>implying the gorilla was not as close to a father as the kid had

This

Oh yeah. I hope they do too.

>Then why aren't you vegan?

Fuck you and your weird ass vegetablist agenda.

I eat meat because I am a human being and I like it, unlike you who are little more than a fucking rabbit.

By the way, feeding cats on a vegan diet without added Taurine is animal cruelty.

> hitler and jews theorist detected

man, i hope the other gorillas learn from this and literally rape and kill any other child that falls into their cage.

Baby gorilla on the black market costs $40K

nbcnews.com/id/44859150/ns/world_news-world_environment/t/baby-gorilla-black-market-rescued/#.V0ywz2wUVok

No one person has solved anything alone, ever.
A cluster of people united has, and will always make change.
Stay in your hedonistic ways and your small thinking if you don't want to make an impact. Or kill yourself. I prefer the latter.

>pic related, how would it look if you didn't have to pay a loser minimum wage to do the dirty job for you.
At least it'd be fresh. And you'd have to pay someone to move it there anyway

Little nigger got that critically endangered animal killed. It ain't right, OP.

It's the same shit with a gorilla as with a nigger.

>He didn't do nuffin

even tho he dragged the baby from the left to the right

I'm .5 niglet too. My dad is white. Still in picture. High honors, can go Ivy League etc. Good looking, black sized cock.

I got the best of both worlds, got both parents, the insane black vertical leap and crazy strength.

Life as a half breed is decent. Just don't live in the south. Racist whites don't let me you. Blacks in the hood aren't as open to you either. Fuck both groups. They both suck.

What? He did nothing wrong.

Look into the Dallas Zoo incident where a gorilla escaped and bit a toddler through the skull.

>A 400 lb gorilla dragging a 4 year old, that's definitely a reason to shoot.

Have you seen some of those nigger baby momma's from the projects? Jesus, we should be shooting them first before poor, innocent gorilla's.

R.I.P GORILLA ; ( I MISS YOUR.. FUUUCKKK KID ...

Yes because every interaction with a wild animal follows a predictable script

The cluster you seek will take at LEAST 50 years to start forming any impact. One day they will win. Just not today.

>he thinks gifs/webms are like real life
Kek

>Not feeding a cat a chemical compound is cruelty.
>Grabbing a cow by its ears while I push a knive into his throat is not animal cruelty.
Wew lad, the guys are argue are getting more and more retarded.
You know your diet at least consists of 60% plants already right?

>niglet
>had to

No

nbcnews.com/id/4558461/ns/us_news/t/gorillas-escape-violent-rampage-stun-zoo-officials/

I work at hospitals and have seen people die there and once at a gym I went to.

Hello newfriend

> (You)
>>Putting niggers before animals
>What are you, fucking gay?

I'm not putting niggers before animals, I'm just saying that killing an animal is not manslaughter.

I think they should have tranquillised the gorilla rather than shot it and if it chimped out and killed the kid before going down then too fucking bad.

The kid and more importantly the kids parents are to blame, not the gorilla, which is just an animal without the ability to commit murder.

Also saw a guy get fucking rekt by a car crash.

Who fucking cares. You can't change the past.

It is the parents' fault but the death of a gorilla isn't going to affect anything in any meaningful way.

Jesus Christ. Why don't do you worry about why this is such a big media ordeal? They're covering something up. Idiots

>he thinks heart attacks are the same as watching a human boy be tore limb from limb
Kek

With someone like you it would take a day less.
If you know what's right, do what's right.

Kind of odd when you think about it. I figure zoos workers are probably very liberal, nature loving people. You would expect them to be gun control nuts.

But apparently they make sure that at every moment of every day, they have someone on site who is a real good shot just in case something like this happens.

The gorilla was an easy take down. worse would be if a lion got out.

the gorilla should of course have been shot, doing anything else would and should expose the zoo to any damages resulting from gorilla related injuries to the zoo.

The family should of course be facing charges related to the incident and should be financially liable for the damage to the zoo.

Hello newfriend calling others newfriends

>rekt
Sure thing timmy

>This incident is all our faults. If we would just listen to the NRA, then everyone there except the gorilla would have had a gun. When the gorilla walked up to the kid, a shootout would have happened.

Fuck off troll. Go trip-trap over some other fuckers bridge.