Is there any proof david Bowie was actually bisexual or was he just trying to be edgy by saying that

Is there any proof david Bowie was actually bisexual or was he just trying to be edgy by saying that

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/9G4jnaznUoQ
youtube.com/watch?v=zZdNxKkMiRE
articles.orlandosentinel.com/1993-05-30/news/9305300344_1_david-bowie-mick-jagger-ziggy
youtube.com/watch?v=9_M3uw29U1U
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

He was probably just questioning but felt he had to pick a side.

who gives a shit? he's rotting now

I don't think he said he was bisexual. In an interview with Johnathan Ross he says that he was very promiscuous back in the day.

youtu.be/9G4jnaznUoQ

he literally came out as bisexual in a magazine in 1972

pretty sure he and eno fucked

Oh I didn't know that. I'm just saying that judging by the interview he probably changed his mind later on:

youtube.com/watch?v=zZdNxKkMiRE

He later said himself that he was bullshitting though.

This
He was just being edgy
Probably convinced himself of it too because of the glam counterculture and his consistent love of androgyny

who was top?

>iggy pop is a manlet

I still can't accept this

Literally everybody is bisexual

This. Literally a huge chunk on the bottom of his Wikipedia article about it and him denouncing the idea he was some bisexual icon and feeling bad about it.

That said, he kissed Lou Reed on camera and there's a 90% chance he fucked Mick Jagger.

Drugs make you bisexual.

Or at least, drugs bring out the latent bisexuality that is hiding in people who are drawn to using drugs in the first place.

>david bowie is only 5'10

why do manlels always make the best music?

>was
>implying he's not just meme'ing the world pretending to be dead

The world may never know

>mfw Thom Yorke is the same height as Grimes

Hey - it worked for Elvis.

i give a pass to manlets born before 1970

In 1990 David Bowie murdered a homosexual homeless man in Fresno.

>fresno
he probably had it coming

what

The correct answer.

>5' 10" is manlet
I've never understood this meme

The social rejection that comes from being a short man gives them time to focus on music

t. 5'10''

Six foot is the average in countries that actually matter

But he was cremated

u never will

He looks like Moot on meth in that picture

Sauce

Didnt one of his wife went on Geraldo to say she had walked on him blowing Jagger?

I also remember an article where the writer stated Jagger had slept with Madonna, Bowie and lots of friends' daughters

They gotta try harder to get laid

What the fuck, is this true? What a huge fucking asshole. Lost a lot of respect for him now. Reed always was better than Bowie, but this is yet another reason why Lou is the greater artist.

>I had no problem with people knowing I was bisexual.
Not exactly the same as bullshitting and using it for your own advantage. Anyone got any more information/sources on this?

What the fuck, Bowie.

Pretty sure Bowie later came out saying he only said that to attract attention and that he was in fact not bisexual

Source please.

articles.orlandosentinel.com/1993-05-30/news/9305300344_1_david-bowie-mick-jagger-ziggy

>May 30, 1993

>Sexually ambiguous rocker David Bowie - one of many stars said to have frolicked under the bedcovers with Mick Jagger - says he has fooled around with guys, but ''I was always a closet heterosexual.''

>Bowie, who raised eyebrows in the '70s with his fem-drag ''Ziggy Stardust'' look, insists in Rolling Stone, ''I didn't ever feel that I was a real bisexual,'' even though he was ''making all the moves, down to the situation of actually trying it out.''

>''I wanted to imbue Ziggy with real flesh and blood and muscle, and it was imperative that I find Ziggy and be him. The irony of it was that I was not gay. I was physical about it, but frankly it wasn't enjoyable.

it's on his wikipedia page.

Holy shit. If this is true, if he really used it all for his own status and succes, and this was what truly made his career, he instantly falls off the list of the best artists of all time. The music drops significantly in quality because his music was so imbued with this status, act, message, and person. The music on its own cannot provide Bowie the high position he enjoys now. For that kind of shit you need Lou or Hendrix, not Bowie. Holy fuck, this is contemptible. Please provide more sources because this is just 3 quotes out of context, and I really want to know what's going on and not base my judgement on a few quotes. Thanks for the information.

I read that but that wasn't really conclusive.

>you will never casually hang out with david, mick and lou

>ugly englishmen
>gay
ughh god, just no

do you genuinely believe that musicians are being real or???

the whole thing is a lie. rappers lie, rock stars lie, pop stars lie. its marketting

must be chill af being low IQ as you

Bach was 7'7 tall.

5'10" is a great height though. I'd fucking kill to be that height

Same interview
>“The biggest mistake I ever made was telling that Melody Maker writer that I was bisexual. Christ, I was so young then. I was experimenting …”

He clearly fucked men but I don't think he truly considered himself gay or bisexual, more so that he was testing the waters and seeing if he was into men, which he discovered he was not.
I really don't think it changes his music at all. A huge amount of his status came from how androgynous he was and that empowered other people to accept who they were. If anything, that helps raise his status because Bowie was whoever the fuck he wanted to be at that moment in time and people realized they could be that too.

>The music drops significantly in quality

>the whole thing is a lie. rappers lie, rock stars lie, pop stars lie. its marketting
true
the only real motherfuckers were the wig-wearing ones centuries ago

i bet bach lied about a ton of shit

the only reason we can hold musicians from that era in such high regard is because we're so far removed from them

let's not forget that mozart was a literal scat fetishist who wanted to fuck his family

Are you literally autistic? It doesn't much matter. Hell, Ziggy was the only thing that really held to it unless you consider any androgyny bisexual, but whatever to that.

Plus, read It said it in that article and the Wikipedia page (Which is basically just excerpts of it) - he pretty clearly experimented and just didn't fully enjoy it. He'd supposedly gone pretty far with it, too, but didn't fully go that way. You're reacting like he literally said "Nah it was all fake and I did it for image, lol."

There's nothing wrong with experimenting and, at worst, the statements are tinged with regret for it being in such focus, not artifice.

Here
My bad, this interview was in 1983. He said he was gay in 72, changed it to bisexual in 76 and said he was straight in the 80's. For the record, his first wife said that he fucked everybody, man or woman, and that he likely had a sex addiction or a need to be adored.

>i bet bach lied about a ton of shit
He didn't. He wasn't even a man, he was literally the god's weapon - never talking, just working, spent his life as a humble organist, never uttered a word of complaint.
>let's not forget that mozart was a literal scat fetishist who wanted to fuck his family
This is a rather tasteless and rude exaggeration and deliberate misreading, popularised by local delusional idiots from classical generals.
Anyway, it's not fair to compare musical geniuses with entertainment business buffoons.

lol fucking fag

yeah he admitted he lied about it, America was so white and clean cut that when he wanted to make it big there he felt he needed to cause controversy

i doubt bowie liked anything but dudes desu senpai

have nothing to say?
inject cyanide and die

so it's implied he fucked/get fucked by guys but didn't really enjoyed it.
tldr; he was just a degenerate.

>I really don't think it changes his music at all
But in Bowie's case, how he imbued his person, message etc. in his music is what makes his music special and what makes him add to music as a whole. It's inseperable from his music (at least at the beginning of his career, and the time where his music in itself was most revolutionary, the Berlin trilogy, he was helped by Eno). His music in itself.

I'm not saying this makes him a bad artist, but it definitely affects his status and quality of his music, undoubtedly. You can't erase the sexual themes in the Ziggy thing, often seen as his magnum opus (I disagree), it's misrepresenting his music.

He said it was the biggest mistake he had ever made, and that he never wanted to be an icon for marginalised groups. What do you think he was doing during his career? Why do you think that these matters are the first thing that's mentioned and praised in Bowie's body of work? It's because that's what defines Bowie and his music. As I said, if you leave the sexuality thing out, which would misrepresent his music, its effect, contribution, etc., he becomes a much less important figure in music.

I didn't say I was fully convinced. I said the wikipedia article wasn't conclusive and that I would like more information before I want to believe this, but it's wrong to act as if it doesn't affect his person or (contribution in) music.

Also: ''I was always a closet heterosexual.'', ''I didn't ever feel that I was a real bisexual,'' The irony of it was that I was not gay. I was physical about it, but frankly it wasn't enjoyable.''

That doesn't look good. And it's not that he's just being physical about it, or just mentioned it on the side. He created his image and music with it.

this hetero guy has probably fucked more chicks & boipussys in his Ziggy era than me in my entire life of lonely bisexual user
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

youtube.com/watch?v=9_M3uw29U1U

i miss him so much :(

Zappa about Bowie:
"Your age is ugly and loveless, and when they eventually write you up in the leather book with the red silk thing hanging out the side, YOUR nasty little 'Mozart' will be a sort of egalitarian-affirmative action non-person of indeterminate sex, chosen by a committee who will seek advice from a group of accountants who will consult a tan lawyer who will negotiate with a clothing manufacturer who will sponsor a series which will feature a simulation of a lip-synced version of the troubled life of a white boy with special hair who achieves musical greatness through abnormally large sales figures. …"
Why do you still care about this captain Tom?

but it ended up backfiring and he was never as popular in the US as he was in UK?

>european artists
>popular in the us
pick one

Forgot to add: If you look at the music in itself, it's great, but it cannot provide him the status he enjoys now because it isn't as shocking or revolutionary. It simply isn't true. For that you need to be at Lou, Ellington, etc. What makes him and his music so special as he is now is exactly how he combined good music, song-writing with his person, with themes, etc. Just look at what journalists, people, museums, etc. say about him. What did they say about him when he died?

Well he remains a ground-breaking artist because he's the first artist who is not accepted based on his heterosexuality.

5'5" is literally the hottest height for a man though.

>not 7'0"

Because he was really cool.

I don't think he knew it himself. He came up with the Ziggy Stardust character because of his crippling anxiety of showing up anywhere. And then after that, he even started talking as "Ziggy" in interviews because he was so afraid of people. Mountains of cocaine and alcohol helped him overcome that eventually and he started living "in real life" when he moved to Berlin.

Fucking seriously, this is a major aspect of it, too.

He was a showman, and many showmen are actually timid little shy bastards that use characters to be comfortable. He never was like "Hey, rally around me!" It was an aesthetic, and a choice, while he was unsure of himself or sexuality. On top of that, it was a sign of the times, and, you know, a fucking character. AND ON TOP OF THAT, he was on mountains of drugs while also trying to do something artistic.

He had never stated much definitive past statements that he regretted he became some sort of icon for that kind of sexuality, which was mostly by appearance, androgyny, and the words of others. Ziggy was never JUST about that or really had that too much in focus. Androgyny, yes, sexuality, yes, being some gay icon? No.

It was all about inclusion. It was about outsiders. It was about isolation, and alienation. It was about all the young dudes. Don't take it so hard.

if youre trying to be a trap maybe

Galileo said the earth moved around the sun. Later on in life he retracted that statement. The earth kept moving around the sun.

>I fucked so many guys but I'm a closet heterosexual