Favourite Godspeed album?

I don't understand why lift your skinny fists like antennas to heaven is considered their best.
Storm really does nothing for me and I got sick of this album quite quickly.
Static however is fucking brilliant.

Was there a moment when Godspeed really clicked for you because you can't just jump straight in and become fully immersed.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XZhCCOK1zYQ
youtube.com/watch?v=b_RGuwt1-vM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I couldn't connect with LYSFLAH until I listened to F#A# sideways 8. I love both, but infinity is their best I think. Love the violin.

Quite honestly Yanqui UXO

F# A# Infinity is

1. Yanqui U.X.O
2. LYSF
3. Asunder
4. F#A#∞
5. Slow Riot
6. 'Allelujah!

Asunder is super underrated

Sleep is definitely my favorite thing from that band, that and their Peel session from 1999. I don't think that many people have heard it so I'll post the link. They play Monheim, which is a section of Sleep, Chart #3 which is the ending portion of Static, and then they go into an absolutely fantastic unreleased piece simply called 'Steve Reich,' which is a post-rock rendition/reimagining of Steve's piece entitled Violin Phase. I'm a big Steve Reich fan so it was a real treat to find out about the Peel Session. Blows me away every time. Evidently the order of pieces within the four sides of the album were a lot different in the original conception of the album because those three tracks together were originally considered one piece.
>youtube.com/watch?v=XZhCCOK1zYQ

I think I immediately liked Skinny Fists. It just surprised me with how grandiose it was. The ambition of that album is wild. I love F#A# too, Yanqui has many a good moment. The EP is good. I don't like Ascend that much.

My favorite thing from that group of musicians is probably pic related. I like Skinny Fists a lot but side 3 and 4 are the only ones that really amaze me, meanwhile He Has Left Us... is a 10/10 all the way through.

Listen to it alone in abondoned factory town, driving on an open highway in midwestern america while the sun rises.

The feels will absolutely destroy you.

But seriously dont think about as like "music," but more soundscapes, and emotions. I know that sounds really stupid and pretentious but I think it could help.

The John Peel Session is my personal fav of everything they've ever done. Clicking moment for me.

Power rankings:

1. John Peel Session
2. F# A# Infinity
3. Lift Your Skinny Fists
4. Slow Riot
5. Yanqui UXO
6. Asunder
7. 'Alleluia'

I'm not baiting, this is one of my favorite albums of all time even though the rest of you hate it. It's like Burzum's brand of drone-y metal meets a Middle Eastern sound. In my opinion, it has 2 of GY!BE's best tracks, it's just not as cohesive as pretty much any of their other albums.
This honestly. Early morning road trips are prime Lift Your Skinny Fists hours. One time the quiet violin part followed by the outburst on the last track synced up with the sunrise and I almost cried.

>The John Peel Session is my personal fav of everything they've ever done. Clicking moment for me.
good taste friend ;)

slow riot, man
final seconds of moya

>I couldn't connect with LYSFLAH until I listened to F#A# sideways 8.

Why is this?

Lysflah was the first Godspeed album I connected to and it's almost sickly to me now.

youtube.com/watch?v=b_RGuwt1-vM

Has anyone listened to this? I'm thinking about checking it out later tonight. The setlist contains some titles that I'm not familiar with. I wonder where people got the titles? I know that Godspeed and Mt. Zion like to smash songs into each other that usually aren't played in sequence so maybe they give them new names or something.

Some mega fan out there listen to this and try to identify the songs.

Yanqui U.X.O. is my favorite. I had listened to F A ∞ first, but when Rockets Fall On Rocket Falls kicks it into high gear, it really did click for me. My enjoyment of all their music spread out from that initial listen to YUXO

Slow Riot.

I'm pretty new to GYBE and have listened to all of there albums at least once. Yanqui and beyond only once each so far.

Very familiar with F#, Slow Riot and Skinny Fists having listened to them many times.

Slow Riot is so perfect, Moya (and Sleep) is GOAT.

>slow riot that low

honestly top 3 for sure, but Asunder is super underrated

It's still LYSF, even now, although honestly just about everything they have done sans that split single and what we have heard of their demo fights for that same position.

Yanqui UXO is one of their "worst" but you have to be in the right mood to listen to it, and when you are in the right mood it shines better than some of the highest moments of their other stuff. It resonates pretty deep, especially if you find out what the title means, and remember when it was released.

Alright, I've been listening to this, have to say it's pretty choice

>Early version of Broken Windows
>Early version of 9-15-00
>They perform the whole Slow Riot release with samples from F#A#

It's a good listen

It used to be Skinny Fists, but Yanqui UXO is a total grower. The entire Motherfucker=Redeemer suite is the best thing they've put to tape.

my favorite of theirs is actually 'Asunder, Sweet and Other Distress' followed closely by 'Allelujah! Don't Bend, Ascend!'

People always think I'm being contrarian when I say this, but on those albums Godspeed touches on a sort of noisy heaviness that lends a lot of weight to their sound, and makes it even more emotionally resonant for me. on those albums they sound nothing like any other post rock, and seeing them live will sell you on this completely if you don't believe me.

this guy gets it.

1. f#a# infinity 9/10
2. skinny fists 8.5/10
3. yanqui u.x.o 8.5/10
4. allalejah 8/10
5. slow riots 8/10
6. asunder 6/10

These guys get it, Asunder and Allelujah are fantastic.

>F# A# - 9.5/10
>Slow Riot - 7.5/10
>LYSF - 8.5/10
>Yanqui - 6/10
>ADBA - 8/10
>ASOD - 8.5/10

And the context is even more explicit with the bonus track of the vinyl version

Yanqui is such a good album and it makes me nostalgic for the shitty times that was the early 2000's, even though I've listened to it the first time only much later.