What's the best show on TV right now and why is it Mr. Robot?

What's the best show on TV right now and why is it Mr. Robot?

Also, what programming language to learn first? I've been blue collar for years, my job is the shits and I don't want to wreck my back like this...

Other urls found in this thread:

nbc.com.co/vince-gilligan-announces-breaking-bad-season-6-begins-shooting-december-2015-walt-did-not-die/
nbc.com.co/
nbc.com
snopes.com/media/notnews/breakingbad.asp
mitpress.mit.edu/sicp/full-text/book/book.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Mr. Robot is pretty fucking good, aside from the minor fuckups they have with the technical side (almost the whole side) of the show.

I'd say go for Cobalt. Its making a resurgence.

Watched the first season and every episode I thought 'why am I doing this to myself?'
One of the worst shows I've ever seen

This show was trash.

I Saw the 'twist' coming a mile away, main actor can't act and the hot grill got killed off.

2/10 do not want.

I consider myself a fairly intelligent person, and over time I've learned one thing in particular that has started to stand out to me more and more. When someone says "Blah blah blah....but you don't want to know.

That show sucks dick, much like the main actor.

I've no interest in that show.
Fuck all tv seems to be bad now. I've ruined shows and movies for myself I think by being to critical and not being able to suspend my disbelief.

the writers' economical illiteracy is cringe worthy.

Lol something makes me think they'd have more backups but... it's fun to dream, ya?

I just signed up for an online course at DeVry on BASIC.

Classic! I used that back in the day for a science fair project. I find your lack of syntax disturbing!

PRINT OP is a glorious winged faggot!

I took basic freshman year of high school...it seemed useful

You missed the mind-blowing episodes with the shrink, with the cemetery ? How can you say it's shit, if you didn't see the show really come together ?

Also, this is very fucked-up thinking, user. This would be like only reading one great book by one great writer and calling it a day. Do you only read one book by Hemingway, so you can only "appreciate" Hemingway by that one great novel ? How do you know that that one book is so great, if you don't read his other work ? Also, his other work has a lot to offer. Look into this, seriously.

This is like, "I'm only going to eat the seasoned skin from the Thanksgiving turkey." What kind of fucking thinking is this ? You will miss the juicy dark meat. You will miss the pan drippings that you use to make the gravy.

There's more to a life-long experience than just your first experience of something.

Snafu? Is that you?

the man in high castle.

lol, I wish. Oldfag here had that language in college in the 80's. Only A on the first test. Once the frat boys and sorority betties learned it was me I was super popular in the computer lab

Mr Robot, Sherlock, GoT, Ray Donovan

Learn JAVA or C, these are the best to start with.

>read the book

www dot bestprogramminglanguagefor dot me

try this, but i'd recommend C/C++ or Java first
HTML is fine too

Cobalt? you mean cobol you fucking moron?

learn python, its fucking easy and its on the rise.

I would watch a show called the 'high man in the castle', about a king with dank ass weed that he grows in his hydroponic dungeon

While I'll concede the point it's true I don't KNOW that the series is bad, but from what I was shown I feel I can safely infer it.

Your points all seem to draw on the assumption that below the surface, whatever that surface may be, good or bad, there will be good or even greatness. And while at times that may in fact be correct it will not always hold true.

Whatever it is you are judging, and especially so when you've been lured in by a well presented first look, you should be able to, have the forethought to, eventually cut your losses. The longer you wait to do so may have varying effects depending on the true quality of whatever is being judged, if the show being watched really isn't of redeeming quality the sooner you stop watching the less time you've wasted and may move on to another chance at a quality endeavor. You may miss out on a rare moment where something truly redeems itself in its final moments but I believe those are few and far between.

But more than anything else, specifically because it deals directly with the subject matter at hand, I feel that I made the right choice because it would seem the vast majority thus far agree with me.

DeVry is a Shitty school. Go to IIT FUCKBOI

You sound like a fun guy

Not....sure...if....serious......

You used a whole lot of words to say "i do what I think the popular kids are doing" - specifically because it deals directly with the subject matter at hand, I feel that I made the right choice because it would seem the vast majority thus far agree with me.

Good luck with following people your whole life kid.

you genuinely sound autistic, this is coming from a third year psychology student

I'm learn c right now and Its archaic why would anyone still use it.

I can't wait for season 2.

I'm familiar with nearly everything (so far) in the show, and the accuracy is just enough to where complete idiots can at least kind of understand.

I don't really agree with the show's idea of society but otherwise, it's one of the best shows out there, for sure OP.

Mr Robot is probably the worst fucking trash on TV today.

It's a blatant ripoff of Fight Club and its centers around a retarded angsty teenage theme of 'fuck society'

If you like this show then grow up and get a fucking job

You seem to have it backwards. I made my own choice based on what I viewed, a logical and written point contested what I said, I explained why I felt there was an error in the reasoning and finished my statement with a statement furthering my point that while I do not know directly, at the moment evidence is on my side based on the number of other people that have agreed it was not a good show.

Is the book any good user?

If so, I might pick it up. If not, I'll just watch the show

Shows I like:
>Archer
>The Walking dead
>Fear the walking dead
>Game of thrones
>Prison break(never watched it when it came out, watching it now)
>Breaking bad(waiting for new season)
>Mr Robot
>The man in the high castle
>The US office
>House of cards
>Face-off
>Preacher
>Jessica Jones
>Daredevil
>Southpark
Probably others but can't remember

MIT motherfucker!

the book might be great and the series might also be great even if the latter doesn't follow accurately the former.

Rick & Morty.

>>Breaking bad(waiting for new season)
huh

Because it can do anything. All the other programming languages are made to make things easier but there's so much that they miss, important details that they leave out. This is why most Kernels are written in C.

Itt we post job and wage.

Telecommunications Infrastructure Technician.
$25/hour
OP btw.

HBU fag?

There is no new season, it was a gag. Watch Better Call Saul.

Head Chef at Wendy's
$8/hr

I don't have a job because I'm a gigantic faggot and I'm too stupid to realize the difference between Fight Club and Mr. Robot, one of the greatest shows of all time

22 years old

Software engineering intern
$20/hr (on track for 75k entry level upon graduation)

also have good taste in TV unlike you

watched season 1, havent had the chance for season 2 yet

You went in the right direction mang. Wish I went ahead and got into the software end of things, hardware and infrastructure don't pay.

nbc.com.co/vince-gilligan-announces-breaking-bad-season-6-begins-shooting-december-2015-walt-did-not-die/

>nbc.com.co

legit

this
>>nbc.com.co/
is not the same as this
>>nbc.com

Programmer Analyst here,
Cobal, all the banks run on it, all the fuckers coming out of school dont want to learn it(because it prehistoric), and all the fuckers that know it are going to retire or die, also it would take to much work and time to convert the legacy systems so its not going anywhere

so you learn cobal, get a job at $100 000 starting, everyone that knows it fucks off, no one can come one up you, leave bank after 6 year become consultant, fuck shit up and drive lambos

I would learn cobol.....but fuck that shit

snopes.com/media/notnews/breakingbad.asp

That sounds like a fucking plan to me!

>HTML
>Programming language

>Archer
Call Kenny loggins cos ur in the danger zone. Faggot.

Seriously pro, I got sucked into the netowrking and security field... but you learn Cobol and ZOS(IBM Mainfram)[ps check out the master the mainframe competition] you will be untouchable in 10 years..... shits deprecated and boring as fuck, but like peoplesoft.. not many know it, and big corporate runs on it

Everyone knows java, c++, c# blah blah, Cobol will make you rich

Omg, I'm so happy
>Also nice dubdubs fagit

>dem kidz iz fagetz

?

I'm a software engineer at a company whose products you use on a daily basis. If you honestly want a job in software, do this:

Learn Scheme via SICP: mitpress.mit.edu/sicp/full-text/book/book.html
- While not used in industry, this book will teach you how to solve problems, think about abstractions, and actually be useful as a software dev. The ideas in it are applicable to any language. This book is basically a self-contained course in a lot of computer science ideas.

Learn Python next. It's becoming widely used in industry and it's easy to be productive in it.

Pick up a book on data structures and algorithms next.

After these it might be helpful to branch out and learn some C to understand the low level shit like memory management and problems that might arise in using languages that are actually IMPLEMENTED in C, like Python.