How is your local scene? Do your participate in it/support it?

How is your local scene? Do your participate in it/support it?

going to metal show this weekend of a friends band. Too scared to post link.

I'm pretty sure i'm the only person in my town who knows music that isn't country if that answers your question.

Not really, I don't socialize much. There is apparently some cool stuff going on in my city but I feel you have to be in the know.
I went to a house show recently and it was way too underground, the place was full of strange people with strange haircuts. It was pretty cool but I felt like a bit if an alien. Unfortunately I had to go hole early because I had drunk too much on my way to the show.

Montreal

its pretty tight

a little too much post punk revival / riot grrl

yes

yes

It's very bad but there are a couple of noteworthy acts. I don't support it at all, unless my friends drag me to some bar or something.

Live next to some shit tier bars where metal/punk bands play, they try to go for a thrash bay area feel i guess? They are pretty good, the rest of the city is just underground hippie music or 48 hours long acid trip electronic festival on a guys basement.
Of course i dont support it, they are just a bunch of degenerates but i used to play in some bands

Yeah, of course I do. You're a fuck if you don't

There are no slavs in my area but if I saw some squatting I'd join them.

>I'm the only one in my WHOLE town that listens to stuff other than country
I bet you're the biggest fucking pleb in that entire town and don't even know it because you refuse to believe that people listen to various genres of music

I went to a Death Metal festival in one of the most nigger part of Los Angeles and let me just say that most of the bands were mediocre and leaving was the scariest shit. The girlfriend of the guitar player for Deafheaven promoted it but she didn't go herself which probably explains a whole lot. The show was full of spics and a fight broke out, but some guy sold me a T-Shirt at a discount.

I've also been to a few shows of the ska scene in LA due to my friends being in a ska-core band and as you would expect its also terrible.

Maybe I'm just looking in the wrong places, but I can't believe it's hard to find a decent scene in LA of all places

either trashy ghetto people or fucking hipsters, i involve myself with neither.

House shows for SJW "punk" bands and shitty singer songwriters trying to be a 2016 version of Bob Dylan by having the most obvious and basic anti-Trump lyrics. The punk shows are fun if I drink beer and don't let people with different opinions bother me.

its shit here

idk. no. i like listening to well-produced music and the "mixing" at live shows is invariably horrendous. i mean i get the appeal of seeing music live but i just don't think it makes up for it.

its shitty indie bands and faggy cover bands and fucking weed smoking rap cholos
Mexico sucks I hate it

Fuck you for posting that stupid fucking french douche pretending he's slavic his squat is shit, that and the douche cap triggers me

Local scene is pretty decent. I do go to some friends gigs but a lot of the bands are perthcore (wish they were Tame Impala)

In the smaller towns, it's 100% dadrock cover bands. If you go into the cities, it's all cringey hipsters doing either shitty "folk" or three-cord punk/riot grrl with laughable lyrics (also featuring that terrible bandcamp aesthetic). There's also a bunch of black teens doing generic hip-hop hoping to make it big.

Nothing worth supporting, and none of the people are worth hanging out with either.

I went and saw a shoegaze band recently and it was a great time. Small live shows are great experiences.

Local scene in my town has been seriously great lately. Way too many good bands/people/shows

Long Island is pretty much this and dead outside of it at this point.

doesnt tame impala wish they were MGMT?

my local scene is in anonymous proxy

Metalcore/dubstep/hip-hop, often combined.

Yeah.

Van here. Too much experimental electronic/vaporwave, not enough hip-hop, rock. You can find some good garage rock tho if you look around.

Fox Valley of Wisconsin

Going to a halloween party to support a friends band

Currently talking through with a venue to organize a New Years Eve show

all that is around here are nigger beats, lo-fi bedroom pop inspired beats, country, folk, and emo indie acoustic.
I play alternative psychedelic music

there are no non-slavs in my area but no one squats :(

I would go to the Womb to possibly see Wayne Coyne out here in OKC but I don't have my car

Other than that no

Playing a Halloween house show this weekend in Modesto California. The scene spreads from Stockton to Fresno and is actually really active. Lots of good stuff. Couple small DIY venues here and there. We have a collective and everything

>Orlando Fl
>local scene is just liberal wannabes singing acoustic covers of pop/grunge songs
>Mfw there's one old guy named Eugene who plays the blues and is actually really fucking good

>Noise II Men

jej

They're actually the only band that dropped out lmao

>charging for entry at house show
Fuck off

you like winona forever?

>Brisbane 2010
>Indie hipster and screamo shit
>Brisbane 2016
>All that's left are dreary, swampy post-punk bands with a rockabilly edge for some reason
>Completely baffling
>I am okay with this

8/10 at the moment.

Boise, ID here

the electronic/hip hop scene is practically non-existent, but theres a good amount of interesting bands playing shows all the time. Built to Spill is from here and they play shows all the fucking time, I see those guys downtown quite a bit too.

It feels like most of the bands here are just continuing the evolution of northwestern rock. lots of blues, psychedelic, grungy influences. A decent amount of punk/metal as well.

To me it feels like there's tons of shows going on all the time, but I've never lived in a city larger than boise, so I imagine its not as active compared to places like san fran/seattle.

>commuter college town surrounded by miles coal crackers
>no scene beyond high school emo/metal bands
>tfw

>live in the middle of Oregon
>have dreams of starting a techno/dub scene and regular basement parties
>never going to happen
Uh

>never going to happen
Why?

we used to have Justin Vernon, now we only "have" him so that he can make beer. other than that shitty indie folkers or country singers

not the guy you're replying, but eastern/central oregon is one of the most hick places in the country.

remember those rednecks that held up in a bird sanctuary because of the gubbament taking muh land away? yeah that was eastern oregon

It's shit and no one posts on Craigslist. I fucking hate Michigan.

My town has a population of 500.
This town is in Montana.

Would you like to take back your mean and hurtful comment?

David Lynch was from Montana. You can do anything.

yeah born in missoula, a liberal college town

Van here. Small but decent punk/metal scene. Turnout at most shows is pretty weak since normies/chinks don't like live music anymore but I'm guessing that's the same everywhere... right?

>tfw no musicians out there
>but a lot of grindr hookups

Find a gay musical guy and make Coil 2.

FULL of emos and deathcore assholes in my hometown, i don't live there anymore though so i'm not sure if it's still like that. no idea what the local scene is like in my new town.

hahah "Perthcore"

Why does Australia attract so many emos??

No, not at all. No matter how fucking small your town is there will ALWAYS be individuals with the same musical interests as you. Maybe you aren't looking in the right place, because the "my whole town is hicks who listen to country hurr durr" argument is made by people who don't actually have an ambition to find anything.

this is actually a good idea

Living in Australia is hard.

Denver/Boulder here, the scene is fucking great. Couldn't have it any better really

>Perth 2010
>Metalcore
>Perth 2016
>Riddimstep / Ignorant Trap

>Southeastern Connecticut

Southern california

I missed one of my favorite folk groups from europe playing in LA

all of the other concert of artists i would love to see always go to san fran

We gotta pay the out of town bands, also we need money because our colective releases a compilation every 6 months or so

LA doesnt want you, you racist bitch. Fuckin go to Iowa.

this

Denverfag reporting in. Lots of good electronic music coming out of here, especially deep and dark dubstep. I DJ and try to go to as many shows as possible so i guess i participate

there are people i would rather spend my time interacting with other than the ones who like the same stupid noises for manchildren that i like

and despite playing several instruments i dont want to play in a band and i think band culture is dumb. no one actually listens to the band, they just use its presence as an excuse to get hammered. and the people who are there to see the band are usually the biggest losers on the planet. i dont want fans and the world doesnt need more bands

It is shit. I don't support shit.

>implying other closet homos in his 500 pop city have any desire to connect with him or be associated with him in any way
you are confirmed for derpshit city faggot from somewhere much much bigger.

Motionless in White, Title Fight, and Breaking Benjamin were products of my local scene. Horray for NEPA for total shit.

I'm well known local noise artist, play in local top3 experimental band, participate in local expr music festival oganisation.

This, basically.

Life's a joke, smile!

Minneapolis
So pretty damn good. Liberal cucks love good music.

live in a tiny irish village so my local scene is pretty much some lads uncle playing traditional music in the pub

You have to start the squat.

Move?

This is one of the saddest things I've read

>offended by racism
>on Sup Forums

Yeah Gainesville, FL is basically this, mixed in with shitty singer/song writers trying to be the next Nicky Jaar

i'd love to be in montreal, heard the art scene there is pretty active.

The music scene in my city is very mediocre. It's very diverse and everyone supports each other despite of genre differences, but there is no band that really tries to push past local boundaries and the only really good band is Mutiny on the Bounty.

Kek, I was describing Tallahassee. Yeah this description applies to Gainseville as well

..?