HIVfags of Sup Forums we want to hear your story

HIVfags of Sup Forums we want to hear your story
>age of diagnosis and current age
>do you know how you got it
>what was the first thing that made you want to get tested
>was it still devastating even though it is no longer a death sentence?
>were you in a relationship? when you found out? What happened to it when you disclosed your status?
>has it affected your quality of life at all? Or does treatment take care of that for you?
>have you found love? Started a family?
>can you still drink?

AIDS patients are welcome too

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Berlin_Patient
fredhutch.org/en/treatment/treatment-research/HIV-vaccine-treatment/timothy-brown-HIV-cure.html
ucsf.edu/news/2015/11/328686/how-approach-called-shock-and-kill-could-cure-hiv
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I think this thread gave me aids. thanks OP

Did u get AIDS from a trap?

Traps don't get aids user. I't a homosexual infection. Only gays get it

This

Thisss ! xD

this

Well then 33 M ATL sign me up

AIDS and HIV are 100% preventable. Those who get it don't deserve pity. We're wasting money on this shit while children are dying of cancer and other diseases that they didn't get by sharing needles or fucking traps.

>Implying rape, bad transfusions and cheaters dont exist

Related: anyone here ever gone to a bugchasing event? How was it?

How can AIDS be preventable, foking idiot? AIDS follows HIV. How can you prevent the runs if you had herring and milk?

Anti-retroviral drugs, Post-exposure medication, pre-exposure medication. Lots of options living in the first world.

Large doses of opiates would prevent the runs in that case user. I believe you could also induce the opposite effect by upping the opiate dosage.

Treatment. People don't really get AIDS much anymore

Any other good tips for life?

Except when your name is Prince.

Kek, he's not necessarily wrong though

Threads like these make me glad I'm still a virgin

Enjoy your virginity

thx m8

Wish I was still one, herpes is fucking annoying dude

Would you rather die of diarrhea or of indigestion?

HI-Virus has a mutation rate, so you have million of variants of the virus in your body...

One myth is once you required HIV you can fuck without protection but in reality you acquire other mutation variants that under certain circumstance reduce the effectiveness of your ART-therapy medication and / or become immune to new medication = death sentence.... I fucking hate the bug chasing scene in certain gay communities for spreading the virus variants among each other.. In San Francisco every second gay man is immune to medication which means they die the MOST horrible death imaginable and thats no joke... you get a skin cancer that literally suffocates you to death because of your swollen nasal system and an aspergillus (fungal) infection that eats aways your face in extreme slow way...

The ART-therapy stops the virus from creating new mutations and in the best case the only remaining mutated virus variants are the "stupid" ones which can't become immune to further medication....

1. Killing your self solves all your problems in life
2. How to chose a woman: Always get a girl with one leg noticeably shorter than the other (That way you can always find her when she is in a line at the shops)
Get a girl who is as tall as you. That way you can wear her dresses when she isn't home
3. Being a proud coward is better than being an amputee
4. Drugs are bad m'kay. Unless you like them in which case they are OK m'kay

Wow, sounds bad. Any articles on this?

>age
>how did you get it
girlfriend who used IV drugs
>what made you get tested
she was a dishonest cunt, and I suspected she was sharing needles
>did you care...
Not really. Life goes on, and experts predict a cure within 10 years anyway. And even if it's a bit further off than that, the lifespan of someone on meds is around average.
>quality of life
There are some side effects from the meds, but they're really not as bad as you may have heard
>have you found love
Quit being a faggot, OP
>drink?
Yes

BTW, you can receive an AIDS diagnosis and go back to HIV numbers. However, that diagnosis doesn't go away for mainly documentation purposes.

Yes, bug chasing is unbelievably retarded, but your post reeks of bullshit.

>Yes, bug chasing is unbelievably retarded, but your post reeks of bullshit.

What part? I'm PhD in Medical Sciences at an European University... so... what part exactly??

How about referencing some peer reviewed articles then?

>every second gay man is immune to medication
Source? The rate of AIDS deaths certainly do not reflect that

>you can receive an AIDS diagnosis and go back to HIV numbers
this is true... nowadays you can get an AIDS outbreak and its possible to reduce the virus numbers to a lower level where the AIDS related diseases can't break out (which are manifold)

R you serious? I didn't know HIV could become resistant. Also I thought there was only 2 variations we know about

Its from a public health study in SF from 2004 - not up to date anymore.

How is that possible? AIDS means your immune system is officially FUCKED, so how does reducing viral load help your immune system reproduce to normal levels?

>implying HIV is real and not something the media made up to scare us into spending our shekels on condoms.

That's one of the major misconceptions about the illness -- AIDS is just defined by blood counts. And you can officially have an AIDS diagnosis and have 0 symptoma

HIV is a retrocirus that attacks the so-called t-cells in your blood stream. Once the virus count goes down, the t-cells go back up, and your immune system restores itself.

Yeah, it's just obviously not true lol. Homos would be dropping left and right.

FDA fear tactics

>iations we know about
no there are HIV-1 and HIV-2 (known as Aftrican HIV, which is much more less aggressive) both came from two close related monkey species...

both infiltrated the T-Cells and in the replication process you get mutated variants in your body... if your numbers are very high, the mutation rate it high too and the ART-therapy has just a limited field where they work and can block the virus but certain mutations may bypass such blockades (like protein inhibitors for the replication etc.) and once these certain mutation variants prevail = game over ... thats why its necessary to beginn ART therapy as early as possible to reduce the chance of getting such mutated HIV-1 or -2 variants...

furthermore a less well known fact is that AIDS patients develop very strong anti bodies which can fight the HI-Virus variants but they die because of all other opportunistic infections you aquire... there are research fields regarding this super anti-bodies, a realistic cure may come in 8 years

got my results back a couple weeks ago. clean as a whistle. No. More. Fucking. Traps. Ive been a bad user.

I can see that in PREVENTING AIDS but I though AIDS meant your immune system is permabanned

>came from two closely related monkey species
Everyone knows AIDS was invented in 1968 at Fort McKinley.

>age of diagnosis

>current age

>do you know how you got it

Sex. I used protection but she was on her period.

>what was the first thing that made you want to get tested

The headaches. Before that I had a sore throat that lasted for over a year but I just chalked it up to smoking.

>was it still devastating even though it is no longer a death sentence?

Yeah, it sucks. It sucks not having a sex life. It sucks having to watch every little thing I do so as not to put anyone else at risk.

>has it affected your quality of life at all? Or does treatment take care of that for you?

Of course it has. It's depressing as all hell, which does translate to physical discomfort.

>have you found love? Started a family?

Fuck no.

>can you still drink?

Yeah, but I'm currently trying to get sober.

>starting ART early to prevent mutations
NO. It's recommended that you begin treatment early, so that opportunistic infections do not take hold; however, studies have shown that there isn't a big difference in the life spans of people who start taking the meds many years after acquiring HIV

And >pic related

Newfag detected

Wooooooow I need to an hero

This is true. In fact, starting the meds too early can present it's own set of problems, because the body can build resistance to the meds over time.

I'm the other dude in the thread with HIV, and I think you should stop being a gigantic faggot

>memes

Why didn't you stay with the girl who gave it to you?

Also, a sore throat for a year?! I thought you only get sick for like a week just like any other virus

This

I seriously thought there were way more people on Sup Forums with HIV... I go in a herpes thread and there's like 50 anons with it

Yeah you dumb cunt almost everyone has the herpes virus in them but hiv is rare as fuck.

Gee, I wonder if that could have anything to do with the fact that 1 in 6 people from ages 14-47 have herpes, and only around 1 million cases of HIV in the US

Wishing you guys a long happy life free of major problems. Also wishing for an actual cure.

My brother is positive. It's tough, but I'm glad it's not the 80s.

How is he doing?

Me too, traps aren't worth it

Thanks, but ironically my life sucks for more reasons that have nothing to do with HIV.

People with HIV tend to languish in the stigma of the illness, and even though many of them will give you rhetorical lines about how "this illness DOES NOT DEFINE ME", their depression often says otherwise (I'm mainly referring to heteros). But what they don't think about, is the fact that of all the chronic illnesses and potentially terminal diseases out there, HIV isn't a bad deal -- I was actually relieved when I found out it wasn't cancer.

Anyway, the cure is certainly on the horizon.

Kek

>age
Birth, 25 now
>how I got it
My mother was diagnosed 7 years prior to being pregnant with me. The fucking count was in denial of her diagnosis so never received treatment and went and got pregnant.
>affected quality of life
Fuck yes it has! I've never had the opportunity to be fucking normal!!
>found love?
I doubt I will ever know what it is like to love
>drink
Raging alcoholic

I'm sorry user but as far as we know viruses are incurable since they attatch to our DNA

>25 years with HIV
>raging alcoholic
You're either a highly functioning carrier, or a liar. "Raging alcoholism" destroys your immune system. Or maybe you're almost dead lol

Kek. Nigger detected.

Lol your mum is a crack whore.

You obviously don't have a medical degree. And you obviously aren't aware of the "kick and kill" strategy that will potentially be used to cure people.

Oh... and you also must not be aware of the man who was already CURED lol

I've only been one for 3 years I think it will be 7 more at least before I'm finally free of my suffering.
My doctor said it was OK do drink with HIV just like anyone else, but the more depression took over I couldn't keep the drinking under control.
Also note it's a little exaggerated. I don't wake up with the shakes and need 2 nips at my bedside in the morning or anything like that

Is kick and kill stradegy the one where they introduce a new virus to the system to counter act the undesired virus?

Also, can reference a sauce for the man who was cured? We all probably want to read that Shit you can't just leave it on that note user that's cool Shit!

Not a nigger, normal white suburban household

Proof post timstamp photo of hand or face.

>finally free of my suffering
Elaborate?

I'm one of the other anons with HIV, and I think it's pathetic how cowardly and depressive many HIV positive people are. People with MUCH more serious terminal illnesses don't wallow in self-pity the way people with HIV do -- I suppose that's because many poz people are melodramatic faggots

I know it can be tough sometimes, but you need to stop feeling sorry for yourself, user

I believe I deserve an apology

It's where they introduce a chemo-like therapy to "kick" the virus out of hiding so that they can destroy the entire strain.

This shit has been well documented and requires a simple google search. I'm not going to hold your hand on this one, dumbass.

I mean it was all over the fucking news lol

That user was born with it, it's actually kind of sad, if any positivefags should be Whiney faggots it's that fucking guy, that really does suck.
Sure it's a manageable illness nowadays but I bet growing up must be FUCKED if your born with it. Teens are brutal about that stuff

when did the symptoms first start?

If he got it from someone he was banging for awhile how would he know how long it took after exposure for symptoms to appear?

and i thought it came from niggers mistakenly fucking monkey, because they look so similar

AIDSpat here

>26 y/o
>fucking ass
>found HIV when i got pneumonia
>no
>didn't disclose. been apart of a small online bugging group since.
>no
>no
>yes, with boosting

So what kind of symptoms did you have? I'm honestly scared shitless of this stuff.

About a year and a half ago, I had full body rashes that came, lasted for half an hour, then went away, once a day, for about 4 months. I thought they were heat rash at the time, but about 4 months later I started getting nasty headaches which have since gone away.

No sore throat though, or persistent hacking cough.

Should I get checked?

I can see how chemo like therapy can bring a virus out of hiding, it sure as hell would make me have an outbreak, but how would that necessarily cure a virus? It would just go into a dormant state after a huge burst of activity the chemo would cause. That wouldn't be a cure if that's the idea behind this

Sure, it's sad, but it's important to have some perspective. And while we can't always look at life through the lense of relativity, to let your TREATABLE illness destroy your hopes of achieving some form of contentment is just self indulgent.

good point

Are you serious?
A lot of us have been waiting for an AIDSfag and a bug catcher to show up

you chasing, or what?

I think I got something, every time I cum it comes out hotter than normal and my urethra stings afterwards, might be a uti but idk

this is what you guys get for fucking each other in the ass and your girls being sluts who fuck niggers. hahahaha younger generation.

It was about 7 years. Shingles
I'm perfectly fine now.

This is usually true, but after i broke up with my girlfriend, I became a reclusive alcoholic for around 7 years, and didn't have sex during that entire period. After a while, poisoning my body on a regular basis took its toll. And I probably wouldn't have developed any symptoms for a lot longer had I not been drinking 24/7

sounds like chlamydia

>go into a dormant state
That's the whole purpose of the strategy -- so that doesn't happen.

I'm not a medfag, but there is an abundance of articles on the subject

>>google.com

Dormant Shit reactivates nigga. I did Google it but Google doesn't have anyone to discuss the information with

get checked regardless just for peace of mind.

This

Jesus Christ...

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Berlin_Patient
fredhutch.org/en/treatment/treatment-research/HIV-vaccine-treatment/timothy-brown-HIV-cure.html
ucsf.edu/news/2015/11/328686/how-approach-called-shock-and-kill-could-cure-hiv

>man is cured of HIV AND Leukemia at the same time
>kick and kill strategy is a huge STEP towards a cure
>do. your. research

Make you that there could be a cure in the next 10 years.

Man I told you I read the Shit already, I'm just /sci/ and like discussing Shit because you never know when you will make a discovery. This idea is experimental and only has one recorded occurance forgive me for being skeptical and brainstorming ways it can become more accessible and how it really does work and why.

i've fucked about 8 women in my life.
never caught anything.

then i've heard of a chick that hooked up with a guy.
gets hiv.

life isn't that nice.

That certainly seems to be the popular estimation among scientists and people like Bill Gates who are very knowledgeable about the current developments.

>dormant shit reactivates
Obviously that's not always the case.

The main problem with HIV is that the virus adapts to meds and literally hides in one's body. Once they're able to circumvent this problem, the cure will be within reach.

>then i've heard of a chick that hooked up with a guy. gets hiv

Women are much more likely to contract HIV during unprotected vaginal intercourse (for reasons I'm sure you can deduce). For men, estimates are around 1 in 1000 unprotected vaginal exposures -- having that said, obviously a man can get it from only a single vaginal fuck session (it's just HIGHLY unlikely)

I have the cure for HIV but I am holding it back.

I always found that strange since the vagine doesn't really tear during sex but anal does and still it's not always one night stands causing it

While the vagina may not tear (although certain STD's can make the vaginal walls more vulnerable), there are ways for the virus to enter the bloodstream, depending on the woman's physiology and the number of possible receptors in the vagina.