Any pilotfag here? APMs? Dispatchers?

Any pilotfag here? APMs? Dispatchers?
Dispatcher here, AMA I guess

Tell me your story.
About to be military pilot here

Pilot here, I travel around the world I work for a major airline fun times, get to bang chicks here and there not married yet.. ask away!

Im in the us army 3 yrs now, almost out, want to join air force and be pilot. My fucking dream to fly jets and shit. What do? (If youre in the us military)

Got my ppl, realized how fucking expensive it is to get my cpl, so I became a dispatcher, I handle B767, B757 and B737. Now I make almost 90k a year and I'm still paying for my cpl. What's your story?

What do you fly?

That was perhaps the worst example of both aviating and communicating that I've ever seen. You can't do more than 500fpm on a ferry flight from SAN to LAS in a 757? Probably because you're trying to climb at 51% N1. One would think the fact that you're flying the airliner with the highest thrust-to-weight ratio ever devised (and light as a feather, at that) and can't climb would clue you into the fact that you might be doing it wrong. Your adherence to any sort of standardized procedure was just awful, right down to manually setting the power to the "green little arcs" on takeoff because you don't understand how the AFDS system works. Hint: setting "that EPR thing" (which is pronounced Eee-per, not Eee-Pee-Are) isn't a thing. Wings lights on any takeoff, let alone in the middle of the day? Phooey. At least the light bulb manufacturer loves you! You busted an IFR clearance. You landed at flaps 15, even though you didn't think you were. The worst part is that you obviously have an audience here and most of them probably think you're doing things exactly the way they're meant to be done. I hope you did a better job in the Level D sim than you did here, otherwise I'm sure it was nothing more than an embarrassment for everyone involved.

I live in the UK and I have always dreamt of being a pilot
I researched for months how to get around the £120k (approx) license cost, but in the end I just gave up

Its a richmans game

Get your degree. Engineering or something in Math. Start hitting up the local flight schools for lessons. Get some ground school done. Looks better when you go into the recruiter asking to go the pilot route. You will have to do officer candidate school and then you'll have to be selected to undergo flight training. WORK OUT. Get that core strength up.

I went to Argentina. You pay $100 an hour, and the country is cheap as fuck because it's about to go broke, so you might as well take advantage

Did you just copy paste a YouTube comment?

I haven't researched this stuff in about 2 years now, forgotten everything about it

What kind of license do you get? Don't you have to convert it in the end?

I`m not. I was going to be a civil helicopter pilot, but as is i`m finishing my flight school next year with next to none flight hours and going to sign up for 5 years of service. It`s the only way to get flight hours for free so. Will probably save up some money during service and go ATPL when i`m done. Airliners are dope.

You get private pilot, and commercial pilot, depending on your country you can get your commercial licence or only the flight tome in Argentina and then convert the hours to your country which is what I did. Also you can get instrument rated and multi engine rating, multi engine hour is $300, in my country you have to pay like $600 an hour. Also housing is cheap, $400 a month, depending on the time of the year you can get it cheaper. But still argentina is cheap as fucl

Hmm sound like a plan thanks. Im stationed in korea at the moment so this will have to wait until i get out of the army. Good thing the army will pay for my college after my service.

How much would it cost in general?

Yeah I'm pointing at airlines, but I would sure like to ferry fly for a while. Good luck mang

Everything might be like 20k tops. Getting all the private and commercial flight time, multi engine and instrument rating plus housing.

Doesn't sound too bad, but then you're stuck with the fact that European pilots can't get jobs at all

That's when you shoot the moon and point to other countries. There's a lot lf jobs dor recently graduated pilots that can help you build hours for an airline. Ferry flying, regional airlines in tropical countries/islands, parachute pilots, etc. There's really a lot of fun jobs out there, it's kind of hard to leave home I guess, but things will be fine if you're good.

Alright
This kind of stuff takes so much planning and research in 2nd/3rd world countries

Then get stuck with your boring life and in 20 years you'll be banging your head on the wall for being a bitch and not following your dreams

You from the UK yourself? You already got the license in Argentina?

I did, I just came back and there's a company iin Florida that's looking for ferry pilots. I'm from Costa Rica, I'm lookin to convert my license to FAA and get that job.

Ah you speak Spanish, its easy for you

A plane

A320 Pilot from UK, ask away!

Still controllers and instructors speak English. I knew a german that was flying there. Argentinians English is shit, but you'll get around. I'll say go for it if you have the chance. But I'll definitely recommend you to get a food ground school first, because in Argentina ground school is kind of lame, but instructors for flight time are really good.

Deutran here so legally not allowed to fly/do tower, still want to learn though but sadly insurance costs would make any kind of business impossible.

Childhood dreams crushed.

Have nothing but respect for pilots/atc for the shit they have to deal with!

Summarise your journey if you can
How did you afford it?

Read
And all the replies, don't watch your dreams go down the drain

Shit, I meant the posts backwards

You get to learn flying for free if you are an asylum seeker.

Worked as an aircraft mechanic for a few years to build up relations in the industry and hoped to make training easier, also got back up qualifications and credit score.
Applied to a major training organisation and with a massive fuck off loan I managed to pay the cost! (and signed up for 10 years of debt)!!
The only good thing about paying so much money is getting the job! And airlines are absolutely crying for pilots now!

>And airlines are absolutely crying for pilots now!
What the fuck, 2 years ago there were literally no jobs at all, loads of pilots jobless

You sound like you worked hard
Was the actual studying hard/difficult? How did you do back at A Levels?

within Europe pilots are required everywhere at the mo, most low cost carriers are recruiting about 400 new pilots each this summer to meet demand. a lot of the problems are with where the pilots trained, as the carriers tend to have partnerships with the airlines and like to know that they are from a good background.

It was tough, I got a double distinction* in Aeronautical engineering somehow and worked in almost every kind of aircraft engineering. and that was a piece of piss in comparison to the ATPLs. The flying was fun and I loved it. but absolutely hated the groundschool, the CAA made it difficult too because a lot of their syllabus is outdated and mostly there just to test your ability to store information. but the biggest problem was workload and quantity.
Looking back now it was all worth it.
But to leave a good job, lose nearly 3 years worth of salary, give up a home and then end up paying back over £160,000.. all just to fly for a living is a pretty big deal.

You need aeronautical engineering to become a mechanic? fucking hell

I was working towards my license but decided not to put the effort in as I knew I was going to do my ATPLs instead

Don't think I'm a good enough human to be able to go through this

Why don't you both meet up and suck each others dick?

I'd rather fuck the Trolly Dollies....

Oh wait... I do!

Yes, of course you do hun